Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Elder Scrolls Mafia [SIGN-UPS]

Post by Sloonei »

48/24 phases
Semi-open setup
22-23 players
16/17 vs. 5 vs. 1

Note: Some information in this thread is still being tweaked for minor balancing fixes. Some of it may already be out of date. I'll try to keep people aware of any changes made to the publicly-available information prior to game start.

Character alignments are random. There is no connection between characters and their alignment. However, there may be thematic connections between some characters, shrines, and abilities. Be cautious.
Roleclaiming and Infodumping are legal in most cases for this game. However, mechanics exist which may make roleclaiming unfavorable. Claim at your own risk.

Daedric Princes:*
AzuraThe Prince of dusk & dawn and the transition between stages.
BoethiahThe Prince of deceit, conspiracy, treason, and unlawful overthrow of authority.
Clavicus VileThe Prince of bargains, wishes, power, and trickery.
Hermaeus MoraThe Prince of knowledge and memory.
HircineThe Prince of the hunt.
MalacathThe Prince of the spurned and ostracized.
Mehrunes DagonThe Prince of destruction, violent upheaval, energy, and mortal ambition.
MephalaThe Prince of secrets, lies, unknown plots, and obfuscation.
MeridiaThe Prince of light and vital energy.
Molag BalThe Prince of domination and spiritual enslavement.
Namira The Prince of the primeval dark, and shadowy spirits
NocturnalThe Prince of the night and darkness.
PeryiteThe Prince of pestilence, plague, and disease.
SanguineThe Prince of hedonism, debauchery, indulgence, and sin.
SheogorathThe Prince of Madness.
VaerminaThe Prince of dreams and nightmares.

*Additional Lore on Daedric Princes

Unique Mechanics

Shrines
Each Daedric Prince has a Shrine dedicated to them. Each role has access to a number of Shrines. Each Shrine grants the player a unique ability. Every night, all players must access one of their Shrines to utilize the ability associated with it. If a player does not submit a night action themselves, they will be forced to access one of their shrines assigned at random by the Host.
To "access" a Shrine refers to a player's choice of Shrine ability on a given Night. This is different than "targeting" a Shrine, which may also be possible as a night action in some cases.
The number of Shrines available to each role varies; some players will have access to more Shrines than others. Some abilities may be repeated, while others may be unique to certain roles.
All factions have access to all Shrines.
Unless otherwise stated in a role card, players cannot visit the same Shrine twice in any three-night period (Ex., if a player visits a Shrine on Night 1, they must wait until Night 4 to visit that Shrine again).
Roleblocked players still access their Shrines, but they will fail to utilize any abilities there.

Champions
Several players in the game are designated as Champions for their respective Daedric Princes.
Each Champion wields an Artifact associated with their Prince. An Artifact is a unique item that grants its wielder powerful abilities. As long as a Champion remains alive, they maintain possession of their Artifact. However, when a Champion dies one of the following happens depending on the circumstances of the Champion's death:
  • Artifact passes into possession of a Civilian
  • Artifact passes into possession of the Mafia team
  • Artifact destroyed

Players can possess multiple Artifacts at a time, but cannot access more than one Artifact ability per Day/Night cycle.

Artifacts

Azura’s Star
Daedra: Azura
Town: A dead player of the wielder’s choosing can cast a vote in the poll. The dead player may not post in the thread, but they have no individual voting restrictions. Each player can only be targeted once with Azura's Star.
Mafia: The wielder can access one Shrine ability belonging to a dead player, in addition to their own. No player may be selected more than once with this ability.

Cuirass of the Savior’s Hide
Daedra: Hircine
The wielder is immune to all non-lethal negative abilities and vote manipulation which directly target them. This includes kill modifiers (except for Mehrunes' Razor), but not kills themselves.

Dawnbreaker
Daedra: Meridia
The wielder will always see the total number of players accessing the same Shrine as them, as well as the identity of one player (selected at random) visiting that Shrine each Night. While visiting the Shrine of Meridia, the wielder can see the identities of all players accessing the Shrine.

Mace of Molag Bal
Daedra: Molag Bal
Rogue: Can only be possessed by Molag Bal’s Champion. Artifact destroyed upon the Champion’s death or achievement of win condition. [SECRETS].

Mehrunes’ Razor
Daedra: Mehrunes Dagon
Mafia: 5-shot nightkill item.
Five times during the game, the wielder of Mehrunes’ Razor can attempt a kill with the Artifact. This kill attempt is in addition to, and separate from, the Mafia team’s factional nightkill. A kill attempt with Mehrunes’ Razor is unblockable.
If the attempt is successful, the targeted player will die.
If the attempt is unsuccessful, nothing will happen and the shot will be spent.
Kill attempts with Mehrunes’ Razor will only be successful if the targeted player is wielding an Artifact. Any Artifacts in that player’s possession will pass into the possession of the Mafia team if, and only if, they are killed via Mehrunes’ Razor.
On the third unsuccessful attempt with Mehrunes’ Razor, it will pass into the possession of the last player targeted. In that player’s possession [SECRETS].
If Mehrunes’ Champion dies with multiple shots remaining on the Razor, it will remain in the possession of the Mafia team, with one additional shot expended. If Mehrunes’ Champion dies with one shot left on the razor, the Mafia team will retain the final shot.
Artifacts possessed by the Mafia team may be accessed by any member of the team during any phase. However, no player may access multiple Artifact abilities at the same time, and no Artifact may be accessed by multiple players at the same time.
In addition, the Mafia team gains access to special bonus abilities for each additional Artifact they possess. [SECRETS].

Volendrung
Daedra: Malacath
The wielder’s vote permanently counts as 2 and decides all ties.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Elder Scrolls Mafia [SIGN-UPS]

Post by Sloonei »

Additional Game Info

Rules -- Mechanics
All players must access a Shrine each night as long as one is available to them.
If no Shrine is available to a player on any given night, that player does nothing.
A roleblocked player still accesses a Shrine, but they fail to perform any abilities associated with the Shrine.
Roleblocks are the first night action to resolve.
If a player is roleblocked while performing an X-shot ability, their shot is still spent.
A roleblocked player is still subject to any role restrictions regarding their access to the Shrine they were blocked at.

Rules -- Votes & Phases
Day phases will last roughly 48 hours. Night phases will last roughly 24 hours. The hosts will do their best to ensure consistent deadline times.
Votes must be cast in the poll to be counted. Players are also encouraged to call their votes in the thread using vote tags.
The player with the most votes at the end of each Day phase will be banished.
Votes are always changeable.
Players must submit their night actions prior to one hour before the start of each Day phase.

Rules -- Gameplay
No unauthorized BTSC (Behind the Scenes Communication). All game-related conversation must take place in the game thread or in designated BTSC channels approved by the Host.
Roleclaiming and infodumping are legal at the discretion of the players. Note, however, that the game’s mechanics may serve to deter claims of any sort.
All game-related questions and concerns for the hosts should be asked in private. The hosts will not address any questions asked in the thread. Players may not refer to private communication with the hosts in the game thread.
Avoid excessive appeals to emotion and exploitation of out-of-game information (“angleshooting”). Judgment and enforcement of this rule is left to the hosts’ discretion. If you have any questions or feel that you or another player are at risk of violating this rule, please contact the hosts or moderator in private.
The Moderator on Duty for this game is _____. Please contact them if you have any grievances, disputes, or emotional difficulties while playing this game.
Talos worship is permitted.
All community guidelines regarding player conduct and behavior are in place.
Dead players may not make any on-topic posts in the game thread unless specifically permitted. Except for those dead players with permission to post on-topic, any off-topic posts from dead players should be in dead red font.
Players are encouraged to use Off-topic Green font for any lengthy off-topic sections of text.
This is the Host color. All official host announcements will appear in this font. Players should avoid using it in the thread.
Watch the skies, traveler.

Host’s pledge
This game features many unique roles and abilities, and has some non-standard mechanics. I promise you, the players, that I have done everything in my power to ensure a fair and balanced game for all alignments. I believe there are no “bastard” elements in this game and the general structure of mafia remains intact. While there may be roles which obscure player access to information, the hosts will never otherwise lie to players. There is no potential for any players to change alignment during the game. This game features no mechanical cults, jesters, millers, godfathers, or other such roles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Setup Questions/Concerns

Roles and Abilities
Many roles in this game will have several different abilities available to them. It is functionally a game filled with Jack of All Trades roles. Not every role will function this way, but many will.
Many abilities will be be accessible to multiple roles. It is also possible that some abilities will be available to roles belonging to each alignment.
No two roles are fully identical. Only abilities are repeated.

Q: What in the what is this set up?
A: Beautiful.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Moghedien
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
Aka: The Spider

Post by Moghedien »

I've never actually played The Elder Scrolls, but I love high fantasy settings, so I'm sure I'll love this game.
"My way is best. Softly, softly, in the shadows.'"
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Moghedien wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 pm I've never actually played The Elder Scrolls, but I love high fantasy settings, so I'm sure I'll love this game.
Happy to have you on board! :beer:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've posted some rules and information in the second post.

I also set up a space where I can answer any questions, or address anything else that I feel people should be aware of. I'm doing this because I want people to be comfortable with the decision that they want to play this game before signing up. It is a power-heavy game with some non-standard mechanics, and I know that this sort of thing can often lead to nasty surprises for folks after they've already agreed to participate. I'd like to minimize the potential of that happening for this game.

I'll try to provide as much information as I can, but bear in mind that this game will be run with a partially-closed setup, so there are some things I will simply be unable to address.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

pseudo host-helper-setup-looker and MoD
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

i'm in
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 4

Post by falcon45ca »

Yeah yea yea
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If anyone is looking for a game right away, G-Man's Good Cop/Bad Cop game is closer to being full and should have an earlier start date than this one.

I believe G-man wants to run his game fairly soon, so it's likely the two games will barely overlap, if at all.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MacDougall »

start this game fuck ya
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I may be in depending on timing ... I say that often but I mean it this time. Committing to a hard maybe for now
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My wife is a hard maybe and I'm always maybe hard.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Stupid Sexy Flanders »

What in the what is this set up?

/in

Don't get all excited if I'm confused af.
Majority rule, don't work in mental institutions
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:23 am What in the what is this set up?

/in

:micdrop:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

in
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

First Sloonei game,

\o/

This player list is looking rad

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Stupid Sexy Flanders »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:50 pm Yeah yea yea
BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:03 am
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:23 am What in the what is this set up?

/in

Deadly! Both of my AGM's in an offsite game of mafia.

I fuckin love yous guys
Majority rule, don't work in mental institutions
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Answered.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:22 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:50 pm Yeah yea yea
BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:03 am

/in

Deadly! Both of my AGM's in an offsite game of mafia.

I fuckin love yous guys
Fuck yeah!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:44 pm First Sloonei game,

\o/

This player list is looking rad
too bad sloonei can't play
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Gavial »

This game I’ll try and play differently to avoid any sort of tunnelling at all.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I’m still working on it.
Slowly but surly I will no longer tunnel again.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Gonna also try and be more open friendly.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

@falcon45ca
To make it up to you from last game.
I’m gonna GA you this game
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:03 pm My wife is a hard maybe and I'm always maybe hard.
Who’s your wife?
Alison?

I don’t think I see any other Female name in the signs.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I mean Mog might be, but they signed up already before you posted that.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Oh wait KZA voted Maybe.
Is she your wife?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

All whiffs
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

His wife hasn't voted in the poll yet :P (but maybe she will)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:03 pm My wife is a hard maybe and I'm always maybe hard.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

I was in, but going to out for reasons I feel bad about.

If there is a spectate let me know
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:36 pm I was in, but going to out for reasons I feel bad about.

If it’s to do with me I have you know I’m trying to improve my overall style.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm out.

Sorry Sloonei.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

Gavial wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:40 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:36 pm I was in, but going to out for reasons I feel bad about.

No, it's not something I feel like discussing though.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:53 am
Gavial wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:40 pm

No, it's not something I feel like discussing though.
Ok, as long as I ain’t the cause of it.
I don’t like to be the cause of stuff like that.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:05 am I'm out.

Sorry Sloonei.
BOI
Qwags

Post by Qwags »

Put me in, Coach.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Qwags wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:30 pm Put me in, Coach.
:maripeek:

Qwags!

@KZA @Master Radishes c'mon fellas
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I hardclaim coach.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

welcome! it's so nice to have you! Please don't forget to vote yes in the poll, so the host doesn't forget to send you a rolecard! ;)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

BoKnows wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:32 pm

Qwags!

The Canucks takeover happened so fast.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

also for everyone's information, it's probable that this will end up being a 24-player game, as opposed to 22/23. So... one additional slot is open.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Feck yes
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:36 pm
BoKnows wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:32 pm

Qwags!

The Canucks takeover happened so fast.
We like to Mafia
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

/spec
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

so i'm playing in the mafia summer olympics which means i may need to drop to non-player if this might interfere. i need to be a one-game-marty in order to compete with these internet hooligans and scamps
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:07 pm so i'm playing in the mafia summer olympics which means i may need to drop to non-player if this might interfere. i need to be a one-game-marty in order to compete with these internet hooligans and scamps
my dream is to get this game started before champs
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

dunya forced me to play
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya's been exploiting the levelling system by casting mass Charm spells in the center of town again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Wow! You're the Grand Mafia Champion! I saw your fight against the Gray Wolf! You're the best! Can I... Can I follow you around? I won't get in the way!
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Job Sign-Ups”