Geddup Noise (Host, Dead, Non)
65%

Total votes: 17
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 0]

Post by A Person »

I would watch the video if my computer were capable, I can't remember that particular one just from looking at it either.

But I know the stick is a great meeting place, especially when you're looking at a thing in a bag, so maybe we could meet there.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

All that I do know is it will be interesting to reflect back on all of this discussion (or lack thereof from certain players), assuming we find out what the castle option accomplishes.

Also, again, regarding the site, just wanted to let you all know that I'm working on it the best I can. Earlier issues were very clearly caused by bluehost, but regardless, I'm going to try and make sure to keep the site running as smoothly as possible on my end of things. Here's hoping we don't encounter any other issues beyond my control. If we do, keep me and/or LT informed (some of you know how to contact me elsewhere) so that we're aware of as much as possible. Thanks!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

For those who don't know, today's is the site creator's birthday. So you all should join me in wishing him a happy birthday. :srsnod:

Or else he will ask Daisy to modkill you. :feb:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:All that I do know is it will be interesting to reflect back on all of this discussion (or lack thereof from certain players), assuming we find out what the castle option accomplishes.
The main reason I'm not really discussing it much is because right now it's all just guessing and intuition. If something concrete develops from it, then I would be apt to exploring the topic more.

Then again, I don't really get into the swing of a game until Day 0. And I usually don't start learning all the roles until Day 1 rolls around. :P
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Hedgeowl »

Happy Birthday Alex! You share this notable day with Martha Stewart, Tony Bennett, and Evangeline Lilly!

Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 257

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:Happy Birthday Alex! You share this notable day with Martha Stewart, Tony Bennett, and Evangeline Lilly!

Also James Hetfield,John Landis and John C. McGinley!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 94

Post by BigDamnHero »

So if I'm understanding this correctly, there can be postive and/or negative consqeunces for choosing the right/wrong options? And someone(s) amongst all the players has knowledge of the locations?

The vote seems overwhelmingly in favor of the castle, but I haven't seen anything where people are trying to push votes in one direction or the other. I don't even think anyone's shown a strong conviction towards any particular vote either. As I (and multiple others) have stated, the castle seemed like the most straight forward choice based on the video. That being said, I'd be all for hearing about better options that may yield a (potentially) better outcome. I'm sure any number of you are more familiar with this cartoon than I am, so can you recall anything significant that may have occurred in/on/around any of the other locations?

Looking over the choices again, I noticed something that, in my mind, didn't really stand out until just now: Bub's concession stand. At least that's what I just kind of saw the choice as, but the wording is actually "In Bub's Concession stand INVENTORY." Being that Bub's role gives out things, maybe this option would give out a prize to one or more of us? I myself am particularly fond of prizes, however his role description also states he's a con man, which is a bad thing, and his inventory items may come with a high price attached to them, could be an even worse thing. So in considering this we have to ask ourselves, is the risk worth the reward? Do the ends justify the means? Is the juice worth the squeeze? Do the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one? Are there any other colloquilisms i can insert here?

I'm perfectly content keeping my vote with the castle, but if somone could come up with a compelling enough reason to choose another option, I'd be willing to listen to the argument, but it would have to be something pretty significant (i.e.- "in episode 378 they found a bag of money stashed in a locker in coach z's locker room and they all ended up being millonaires with flying cars and gold houses"...I don't know if that really happened, but some sort of documented event like that.).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Dom »

bea wrote:I'm going to assume at least 3 civs were told that the castle was a civ option. I'm also going to assume that at least 3 other civs were told a different option would help them. (given my theory up there about how this day 0 poll could have went down)
why
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Dom wrote:
bea wrote:I'm going to assume at least 3 civs were told that the castle was a civ option. I'm also going to assume that at least 3 other civs were told a different option would help them. (given my theory up there about how this day 0 poll could have went down)
why
because it made sense to me when I thought it. I thought last night while I thought it that it was quite ingenious and a rather nifty idea.

Admittedly, after some sleep, I'm more than willing to admit that I have no idea at all. I'm just guessing really. In any event, now that I'm rested and the pain med has wore off, I have decided that it's time to be done with my own running around in circles and just go with the obvious castle choice.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Elohcin »

thellama73 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Happy Birthday Alex! You share this notable day with Martha Stewart, Tony Bennett, and Evangeline Lilly!

And my friend Dana. Happy Birthday Alex!
bea wrote:
Dom wrote:
why
because it made sense to me when I thought it. I thought last night while I thought it that it was quite ingenious and a rather nifty idea.

Admittedly, after some sleep, I'm more than willing to admit that I have no idea at all. I'm just guessing really. In any event, now that I'm rested and the pain med has wore off, I have decided that it's time to be done with my own running around in circles and just go with the obvious castle choice.
But how did you come up with the number 3 in the first place? Or was that just a random number you chose to insert into your post to get your thought across?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I understand the thought process on thinking some people have info, but if this was secret ballot, I bet the results would be strikingly similar.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Leamiteo »

Hey all, my brosefs are in town visiting me this weekend and this is the first time I've been able to check out the posts. Also, I couldn't get onto the syndicate website on Friday during work. :(

Anywho, I am going to go with the stick because that's where they were supposed to meet. The Cheat would catch up with Strongbad and the gang eventually, right?
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

So, I have no idea what this vote means. I just picked whatever struck my fancy. And, I need to catch up on what's been said now.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by DFaraday »

It does seem awfully easy to go with Castle, maybe too easy. It's going to win anyway, so I'll just go with the Concession Stand, because I like concessions.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Elohcin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

bea wrote:
Dom wrote:
why

But how did you come up with the number 3 in the first place? Or was that just a random number you chose to insert into your post to get your thought across?
oh - how the number 3? because I thought with 2 baddie teams with 3 players each, it would make sense for balance purposes. Who knows if I was right or not. It made sense to me at the time. :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Snow Dog »

bea wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

bea wrote:
Dom wrote:
why

oh - how the number 3? because I thought with 2 baddie teams with 3 players each, it would make sense for balance purposes. Who knows if I was right or not. It made sense to me at the time. :)
Besides....three, is the magic numbeerrrrrrrr! :dance:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Spacedaisy »

My apologies the post did not go up last night, iwas working on it and in the midst of it, I suddenly could not connect to the site. It was too late to stay up waiting for it to come back up, so here we are. I will get on it now.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Hey guys, hey guys, hey guys guys guys! I just read through all of the day 0 posts.

Sorry that I have been so inactive. I don't have internet access at my house, so I either check in at work during lunch (when the site was down on Friday) or go to the library to do. This normally isn't a big deal, but like I said my brothers are visiting and I have been keeping them entertained, cooking for them, taking them out to do stuff like ice cream and movies and hanging out and all that jazz.

Soooo, I locked in my vote with the stick because it felt like one of two relevant options and I didn't read any posts before I did so. I have no clue what will come of this, but I'm excited for the videos!! :yay: I don't know if the day 0 poll is going to bring all the gloom and doom that others are speculating about, perhaps that is my rookie ignorance...the talk of it makes me nervous! :eek:

Welcome to the game, DFaraday!

Happy birthday, Alex!!!! :fiesta:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Leamiteo, I think you tried to vote after the poll was closed because I don't see your name up there. And hello, by the way!

DFaraday did I welcome you to the game yet? Yay!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

But it let me select it, then I hit "submit". It was like 10:30ish last night I think, right when I posted on the forum.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Homestar Runner Polls

Post by Spacedaisy »

We're do YOU want to look for the Cheat? Day 0 poll

At the stick
Vompatti (6), DisgruntledPorcupine (8), birdwithteeth11 (17), Lizzy (26) 14%
At Marzipan's House
timmer (24) 3%
With Strong Sad
Dom (4), Bullzeye (7) 7%
In Coach Z's Locker room
Devin the Omniscient (9) 3%
In Bub's Concession Stand Inventory
reywaS (15), Captain Bunny Killer (28), DFaraday (29) 10%
At the King of Town's Castle
thellama73 (2), Mongoose (3), BigDamnHero (5), Elohcin (11), juliets (12), Kate (13), Matt F (14), Snow Dog (16), Matahari (18), MovingPictures07 (20), borokkuei (21), agleaminranks (22), Hedgeowl (23), bea (27) 48%
Rapture City... Wait wrong game! (host, Non)
Spacedaisy (1), Epignosis (10), indiglo (19), S~V~S (25) 14%
Total votes : 29
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 1]

Post by Spacedaisy »

Phone in your votes for who you think is bad bad Baddie! You have 48 hoursto lynch someone.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Is it just me, or is Homestar's voice a complete rip off of Brak?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Vompatti »

Oooooooh so many names to choose from. I can't wait to start randomizing! ;airguitar:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Hey everyone. Today is my anniversary And I'm in Boston. Taking the kids to a Red Sox game. I will not be around much today...
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

That's awesome that Daisy picked my favorite Answering Machine clip! Oh god. My sides.

Now to begin the baddie hunt.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for the birthday wishes!! :)

Daisy: Are we allowed to discuss anything pertaining to the Day 0 poll results (or possible lack thereof) of which we may be aware?

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:All that I do know is it will be interesting to reflect back on all of this discussion (or lack thereof from certain players), assuming we find out what the castle option accomplishes.
The main reason I'm not really discussing it much is because right now it's all just guessing and intuition. If something concrete develops from it, then I would be apt to exploring the topic more.

Then again, I don't really get into the swing of a game until Day 0. And I usually don't start learning all the roles until Day 1 rolls around. :P
This is exactly how I feel. Until we know if there's anything concrete arriving from it, it's all shooting in the dark.

I'll await a response from our host before I say anything further on this topic, just in case.

BigDamnHero wrote:So if I'm understanding this correctly, there can be postive and/or negative consqeunces for choosing the right/wrong options? And someone(s) amongst all the players has knowledge of the locations?

The vote seems overwhelmingly in favor of the castle, but I haven't seen anything where people are trying to push votes in one direction or the other. I don't even think anyone's shown a strong conviction towards any particular vote either. As I (and multiple others) have stated, the castle seemed like the most straight forward choice based on the video. That being said, I'd be all for hearing about better options that may yield a (potentially) better outcome. I'm sure any number of you are more familiar with this cartoon than I am, so can you recall anything significant that may have occurred in/on/around any of the other locations?

Looking over the choices again, I noticed something that, in my mind, didn't really stand out until just now: Bub's concession stand. At least that's what I just kind of saw the choice as, but the wording is actually "In Bub's Concession stand INVENTORY." Being that Bub's role gives out things, maybe this option would give out a prize to one or more of us? I myself am particularly fond of prizes, however his role description also states he's a con man, which is a bad thing, and his inventory items may come with a high price attached to them, could be an even worse thing. So in considering this we have to ask ourselves, is the risk worth the reward? Do the ends justify the means? Is the juice worth the squeeze? Do the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one? Are there any other colloquilisms i can insert here?

I'm perfectly content keeping my vote with the castle, but if somone could come up with a compelling enough reason to choose another option, I'd be willing to listen to the argument, but it would have to be something pretty significant (i.e.- "in episode 378 they found a bag of money stashed in a locker in coach z's locker room and they all ended up being millonaires with flying cars and gold houses"...I don't know if that really happened, but some sort of documented event like that.).
You, sir, are going to fit right at home here in mafia games. Impressive and gutsy analysis from a first-time player.

However, perhaps it is all overanalyzing at this point. I know sometimes as a host, I actually do have complex outcomes to polls that are discernable through much analysis, but other times my intentions are much more simplistic and I know the players are going to make them more complicated (the best example of this is the Bioshock Day 0 poll and plasmid usage in general, where some players -- which included those familiar and unfamiliar with the theme -- believed plasmid usage or accepting the Day 0 poll deal would lead to some unintended negative consequences, when in reality, it was nothing other than signing up to get a free item with no negative consequences).

It's thus tough to determine what this poll might have been accomplishing without anything concrete.

Snow Dog wrote:
Besides....three, is the magic numbeerrrrrrrr! :dance:
Not sure you're a fan of this at all, Snowie, but my mind totally went to this, whether you intended it or not:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

you all are free to discuss the poll, however, those with info may not reveal what they were told.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

This is exactly how I feel. Until we know if there's anything concrete arriving from it, it's all shooting in the dark.

I'll await a response from our host before I say anything further on this topic, just in case.
Given the hostesses' response, is there anything you are allowed to add to this or not?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

All I want to say regarding the matter is that I had no information on the poll, and thus it did not factor into my decision, and I have not received any benefit at all from voting Castle. It seems, based on the fact that Daisy's only post was the answering machine one, that there is no publicly-made result of the Day 0 poll either.

Given Daisy said "those with info may not reveal what they were told", that makes me wonder. There had to be some outcome of the poll; I just have absolutely no idea what it was. I was kind of hoping voting Castle would allot me to receive something, but nothing happened.

I thus am not sure what to conclude.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

My current train of thought... It seems most likely to me that the poll was more complicated than one or more option benefiting a certain group. Perhaps only those with info were the only ones that could have benefited, and each of the six options corresponded to a particular player (six received info). In that case... it could be possible that the player that received the corresponding castle option could be civvie or could not be civvie.

I'm not sure how realistic that even is... and I'm not sure I even believe it to be the case. But that's what my gut is telling me could be a viable scenario.

Perhaps analyzing all of this is in vain, but I'd rather throw everything out there and determine it to be a useless factor in decision-making than to completely now avoid discussion on Day 0 matters. It's not like we have anything currently much else to discuss anyway.

I'm curious what others are currently thinking and what anyone else can bring to the discussion because unfortunately I have nothing other than pure speculation at my disposal. It is probably in the civvies' favor to discuss this so we can determine whether any of this Day 0 information is worthy of any consideration at all (I'm thinking that if it is, it might not be of too much use, but you never know); we just have to keep in mind that there are obviously two baddie teams and an independent TROGDOOOOOOOOOR that would certainly want to influence this discussion, so I am personally being very cautious at holding weight on anything that comes of this Day 0 discussion, and would recommend the same to others. Despite that, I always feel that civvies' best approach to have a chance at winning any mafia game is discussing, so I always encourage discussion.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

RE: The newest video (Marzipan's Answering Machine). This video shows Marzipan having 6 messages. I checked other answering machine videos, and they all start with different numbers of messages left on the answering machine. I think we need to analyze with this particular video was left for us.

I have a few theories:
  • * We must all make at least 6 posts today or something untoward will happen

* Up to 6 of us will be chosen to leave a message for Marzipan (although we can kind of do that in the chat already by saying "Dear Marzipan...") but maybe this will be 6 PMs that the host sends to only Marzipan.

* To show Strongsad digs Marzipan (I guess we know at least one person doesn't have a nut allergy, har har) , but he is rather incompetent about executing this.

* The (almond) cake is a lie. The video means nothing other than ambiance.

* Other?
That said, I think we should all try to make at least 6 posts today of substance. I wouldn't think they would need to be very long, but probably have some on-topic goodness in there. What do you all think?

linki - lotsa MP
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Astute observation, Mongoose! See, I had not yet watched the video for two reasons: (1) I was hoping to only make a post and then get to studying for the GMAT because I didn't do any at all yesterday due to it being my birthday... I am unfortunately sucked into this game and still procrastinating, whoops, and thus intended on watching it this evening; and (2) I have already seen all of these videos in the past.

It cannot be a coincidence that there are 6 messages on the answering machine and 6 Day 0 poll options. I know Daisy and I have a very hard time believing she would play us so hard as to set that up as a meaningless lead.

I do not think your 6 posts in this day period theory is the correct one. It is an interesting discussion point, but not something I think is the correct interpretation in this case. I will let this new fact and your analysis sit because I need to go eat lunch and stop procrastinating on studying as I've spent more than my allotted time mafiaing this morning that I intended. I look forward to seeing further analysis from you and others regarding the matter, and I'm curious what you think regarding what I already had to say as well, Mongoose.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:There had to be some outcome of the poll;
Not necessarily. I have been in games before where the poll's only purpose was to make us talk and cause paranoia.

Happy anniversary, Kate!

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:My current train of thought... It seems most likely to me that the poll was more complicated than one or more option benefiting a certain group. Perhaps only those with info were the only ones that could have benefited, and each of the six options corresponded to a particular player (six received info). In that case... it could be possible that the player that received the corresponding castle option could be civvie or could not be civvie.

I'm not sure how realistic that even is... and I'm not sure I even believe it to be the case. But that's what my gut is telling me could be a viable scenario.

Perhaps analyzing all of this is in vain, but I'd rather throw everything out there and determine it to be a useless factor in decision-making than to completely now avoid discussion on Day 0 matters. It's not like we have anything currently much else to discuss anyway.

I'm curious what others are currently thinking and what anyone else can bring to the discussion because unfortunately I have nothing other than pure speculation at my disposal. It is probably in the civvies' favor to discuss this so we can determine whether any of this Day 0 information is worthy of any consideration at all (I'm thinking that if it is, it might not be of too much use, but you never know); we just have to keep in mind that there are obviously two baddie teams and an independent TROGDOOOOOOOOOR that would certainly want to influence this discussion, so I am personally being very cautious at holding weight on anything that comes of this Day 0 discussion, and would recommend the same to others. Despite that, I always feel that civvies' best approach to have a chance at winning any mafia game is discussing, so I always encourage discussion.
I wanted to recaptiulate this even though I think I may have mentioned this before, but I bet even if certain people didn't have info AND the poll was completely anonymous, I bet the results would have come out similar. The Castle seems like a very logical place to go, and I think a lot of us relied on that.

That said, I think you are probably right in that there isn't a direct correlation between Group A and Poll Option A. While it may have been beneficial for Beavis to choose The Sticks, maybe it would have been detrimental for Daria to pick The Inventory. Maybe there isn't a beneficial choice for each character, but maybe some characters have beneficial options and some have detrimental options. Maybe some had no consequences at all!

This could be a good way to balance the game. Some players will have greater powers than others (looks like some only have a power they can use once or twice) and this could be a good way to make sure favor isn't weighed against them.

Good luck on the GMAT studying!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: That said, I think we should all try to make at least 6 posts today of substance. I wouldn't think they would need to be very long, but probably have some on-topic goodness in there. What do you all think?
I think this smells like misdirection to me. :)

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

What happens if I vote "Player List"?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:What happens if I vote "Player List"?
Oh! We should all do that and find out.

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:
If we lynch the player list, technically we all die because we're all on it.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Maybe not such a swell idea then.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Yeah, I'll pass on that one.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Hedgeowl »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Yeah, I'll pass on that one.
"Remember that game where all the players died on Day 1?" "Yeah, don't pull a Homestar ok?"

:haha:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
:haha:

As for the answering machine video, I do agree that the number 6 probably means something. I know Daisy isn't going to make this game be as simple as it appears. I don't agree with the "must have at least 6 posts today" idea however. For now, I'm actually leaning toward it being one of two things:

1) 6 people were given info about the poll.

2) 6 people received some kind of benefit from the poll.

I would lean toward #1 being the more likely of the two. But there's also the possibility that I could be totally wrong, or that the poll could mean nothing, and it's all an attempt to foster discussion. But I highly doubt it means nothing.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote: That said, I think we should all try to make at least 6 posts today of substance. I wouldn't think they would need to be very long, but probably have some on-topic goodness in there. What do you all think?
Ha! Hey, I'm just encouraging discussion. But MP didn't think that theory held a lot of weight anyway, particularly because of the poll options matching up with the number of voicemails. I had not thought of that. Doh.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Ha! Hey, I'm just encouraging discussion. But MP didn't think that theory held a lot of weight anyway, particularly because of the poll options matching up with the number of voicemails. I had not thought of that. Doh.
Running with that idea for a moment, if the poll options did correspond with messages, we voted for the sixth poll option and the sixth message was Strong Sad's confession. What could that mean, do you reckon?

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I don't think there is any connection between the first poll and this mesage machine
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:I don't think there is any connection between the first poll and this mesage machine
Neither do I, really. Just probing Mongoose to see what she comes up with.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I went back and listened to it again, but I can't honestly think of any implication if could have for us Castle voters. There's always The Castle Doctrine, so maybe we should mull upon that.

If you count the voicemails the other way, the sixth message we hear is about a possibly fraudulent exchange where Master Shake went out and bought the racecar bed. This seems possibly more nefarious to me.

Maybe since the Castle option was the most straightforward pick, there isn't a benefit or detriment in selecting it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: If you count the voicemails the other way, the sixth message we hear is about a possibly fraudulent exchange where Master Shake went out and bought the racecar bed. This seems possibly more nefarious to me.

The racecar one was the seventh message, if you count them.

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Given Daisy said "those with info may not reveal what they were told", that makes me wonder. There had to be some outcome of the poll; I just have absolutely no idea what it was. I was kind of hoping voting Castle would allot me to receive something, but nothing happened.

I thus am not sure what to conclude.
Yeah, it was kind of disappointing that Daisy didn't post anything at all about the Day 0 Poll. I was really hoping to get some sort of information. Even Simon (my son for those who do not know) asked, "But what about The Cheat?"
MovingPictures07 wrote:Astute observation, Mongoose! See, I had not yet watched the video for two reasons: (1) I was hoping to only make a post and then get to studying for the GMAT because I didn't do any at all yesterday due to it being my birthday... I am unfortunately sucked into this game and still procrastinating, whoops, and thus intended on watching it this evening; and (2) I have already seen all of these videos in the past.

It cannot be a coincidence that there are 6 messages on the answering machine and 6 Day 0 poll options. I know Daisy and I have a very hard time believing she would play us so hard as to set that up as a meaningless lead.

I do not think your 6 posts in this day period theory is the correct one. It is an interesting discussion point, but not something I think is the correct interpretation in this case. I will let this new fact and your analysis sit because I need to go eat lunch and stop procrastinating on studying as I've spent more than my allotted time mafiaing this morning that I intended. I look forward to seeing further analysis from you and others regarding the matter, and I'm curious what you think regarding what I already had to say as well, Mongoose.
@ Mongoose - I agree that was an excellent observation.

There are so many ways this could go with the 6 posts thing. There could be a prize for those who post 6 posts exactly, or a punishment. Or, like Mongoose said, maybe we are supposed to post at least six times. I have no clue, but I do think the number 6 is significant here somewhere.

What if we should vote for the 6th player? What if it is a clue to lynching a baddie. Bullz? :ponder:

linki: llama beat me to the idea :/
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.

Return to “Previous Jobs”