Victories:
+Double Elimination Mafia
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 925
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: The Elder Scrolls [DAY 8]

Post by DaisyCloud »

iirc this is the 3rd or 4th game I ever played with Tony and this first time I have seen him play like this, leading town.
siggy by ThisIsNotAceMarvel

Spoiler: show
Victories:
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 821
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ok ok I’m here give me a second
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

no rush. take your time.

Victories:
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

I am prepared to read your epic plan.

I feel like this meme is appropriate now.

Victories:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Daisy I’m with you, Tim seems decently outed and there’s not much to do about that. But consider this: we have six players, so assuming no shenanigans, we always have two chops whether we chop today or sleep today. Sleeping today, since we have the most players alive today, gives us the most info and allows us to potentially save ourselves from making a bad chop.

But we’re always gonna chop Tim, why don’t we just do it now?

Simple. If we chop Tim now and he flips town someone comes back with a red check tomorrow, we won’t know whether or not we can believe them. It puts us in a precarious position and we likely will have to make a decision. But if we sleep today and someone has a red check tonight, they effectively limit the Poe to two: themselves and the checkee.
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:40 pm Daisy I’m with you, Tim seems decently outed and there’s not much to do about that. But consider this: we have six players, so assuming no shenanigans, we always have two chops whether we chop today or sleep today. Sleeping today, since we have the most players alive today, gives us the most info and allows us to potentially save ourselves from making a bad chop.

Simple. If we chop Tim now and he flips town someone comes back with a red check tomorrow, we won’t know whether or not we can believe them. It puts us in a precarious position and we likely will have to make a decision. But if we sleep today and someone has a red check tonight, they effectively limit the Poe to two: themselves and the checkee.

see that part i bolded and underlined?

u can't get infos if there is no lynch.

tin foil: u r the 3rd party and you win by nks only? and there is a particular player you have to nk but you haven't done it yet?

sorry I don't see your logic in the last part either.. I only bolder it.

so if nothing happens tonight and I am not nked then we have my check of the Molag Bal's champion... I think I have it available tonight? not sure. iirc I can't use it until tomorrow night.

I pmed Sloonei and JaggedJimmyJay this mother about it as I am bad at maths and idk if it is a a tonight or not. ..

if someone else has a check ability. they can check out me or tim.

honestly, if it is not Tim then idk who it can possibly be.

he is some merchant vig? and according to mechanics kills could have easily been done by peeps other then him?

only thing I don't get is last nite. why kill kyle?

like, does get me wrong glad mafia is dead, and they lost... but most peeps town read him.

I don't think Kyle withheld his nk either.. so even though Kyle died, shouldn't his kill been successful?

did Vulgard do some jailor/bus driver shenanigans?

Victories:
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

morning*

not mother

Victories:
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

if we have a doc/healer they should not reveal/claim unless they are being yeeted.

also I am doc/healer. sk, test your luck and please take a shot at me tonight. thanks ♡

Victories:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Now, the question becomes what’s the best use of night actions. I’m still not 100 percent sure, I have a little more digging to do. A few more questions:

@Gavial can you tell me what all of your shrines do? I have a general idea but I’m looking for some specifics on tracks/watches.

@Timsup2nothin pls claim stuff

@Long Con i have a basic idea of how your power works, but can you say it again for me? The thread is long and I’m looking for an easier solution
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

DaisyCloud wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:56 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:40 pm Daisy I’m with you, Tim seems decently outed and there’s not much to do about that. But consider this: we have six players, so assuming no shenanigans, we always have two chops whether we chop today or sleep today. Sleeping today, since we have the most players alive today, gives us the most info and allows us to potentially save ourselves from making a bad chop.

tin foil: u r the 3rd party and you win by nks only? and there is a particular player you have to nk but you haven't done it yet?

so if nothing happens tonight and I am not nked then we have my check of the Molag Bal's champion... I think I have it available tonight? not sure. iirc I can't use it until tomorrow night.

I pmed Sloonei and JaggedJimmyJay this mother about it as I am bad at maths and idk if it is a a tonight or not. ..

he is some merchant vig? and according to mechanics kills could have easily been done by peeps other then him?

like, does get me wrong glad mafia is dead, and they lost... but most peeps town read him.

I don't think Kyle withheld his nk either.. so even though Kyle died, shouldn't his kill been successful?

We get info at night that we wouldn’t get otherwise.

The idea is that a red check means that either the person with the check on them is a wolf or the person doing the checking is the wolf. There’s no other option. And at that point we have two chops, so we always win

Why kill Kyle: who knows who cares
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

DaisyCloud wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:00 pm if we have a doc/healer they should not reveal/claim unless they are being yeeted.

also I am doc/healer. sk, test your luck and please take a shot at me tonight. thanks ♡
Nice
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

If the 3p needs to kill a specific person to win they can claim rn and we all win together. They haven’t, so I doubt that’s a thing
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Tim lost his night 1 block clear
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 787

Post by Gavial »

DaisyCloud wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:00 pm if we have a doc/healer they should not reveal/claim unless they are being yeeted.

Any heal should be on me since I track.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:04 pm If the 3p needs to kill a specific person to win they can claim rn and we all win together. They haven’t, so I doubt that’s a thing
@Long Con
Nows your chance!
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Just say the word “Vulgard” and the win can be yours!
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

If Tim doesn’t wanna give actions/claims then why is he even part of the plan?
@TonyStarkPrime
The only thing they claimed is the shrine they visited last night and only claimed that due to Daisy.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Also Tim said they went to the shrine to get coins.
What does coins even do? What’s the point of getting them and what are the other shrine options?
Tim refuses to answer these questions.
Therefore Tim is Scum.

@Timsup2gettinserious
@Timsup2gettinserious
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Well...
Tim is SK a type of scum.
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Re: The Elder Scrolls [NIGHT 7]

Post by DaisyCloud »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:00 pm
Night 7

Kylemii has been killed. He was the Altmer Noble, a member of the Order of the Revenant. The Artifacts Volendrung and Mehrunes' Razor have been destroyed.
Role: Altmer Noble
Race: Altmer
Alignment: Mafia
Designated Shrines: Boethiah, Hircine, Namira, Sanguine, Sheogorath
  • Hermaeus Mora - You may target a role in the game to learn one ability available to that role. You will learn which Shrine the ability is accessed at, but you will not be told which player the role belongs to or whether or not the ability has been accessed during the game at any point.
  • Hircine - You may target a player to learn what Shrine they visit that Night.
  • Mephala - You may target a player to send them an anonymous message (via the Host) that Night. You may not identify yourself in any way, violate any rules, or compel your target to violate any rules. Your message may otherwise contain any content pending Host approval.
  • Namira - You may target a player to reduce their vote’s value to 0 the following Day. They will be unaware of this curse.
  • Nocturnal - You may target a player to make them undetectable to all night actions that Night.
  • Sanguine - You may target a player to learn who, if anyone, they target that Night.
  • Sheogorath - Chaos.

You may not visit the same shrine twice during any 3-night span. For example, if you visit Sheogorath’s Shrine on Night 1, you may not access it again until Night 4.

The Mafia team has been eliminated. The Rogue remains active.
It is Day 8. You have 48 hours to eliminate somebody.
@Sloonei[/mention how come Boethiah is listed as one of his shrines but it doesn't give us info on it?

also

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:03 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:40 pm @Daisy I’m with you, Tim seems decently outed and there’s not much to do about that. But consider this: we have six players, so assuming no shenanigans, we always have two chops whether we chop today or sleep today. Sleeping today, since we have the most players alive today, gives us the most info and allows us to potentially save ourselves from making a bad chop.

@

@

The idea is that a red check means that either the person with the check on them is a wolf or the person doing the checking is the wolf. There’s no other option. And at that point we have two chops, so we always win

@
it's important to know who and why though.

tim doesn't claim the kill.

tim supposedly claims vig, but with extra steps.

if 3rd party isn't sk then who?

why did tim go to Molag's shrine? if he is a merchant trying to get extra cash then why there? for pieces of scrolls?

only person who would be there be who? the 3rd party? so just 1 piece? doesn't tim need several tho? not just 1?

would mafia need to go there to do a kill?

if tim is town and went there to do a kill then what happened?

so,, who was tim trying to kill? iirc Kyle didn’t sus tim. if tim was 3rd party then why go and kill kyle?

did Vulgard mess around with people and their nite actions,?

imho, I think the person(s) with the ability to get a result that let's them know if someone is 3rd party or not, and literally only 3rd party is left, then they r more important then a tracker.

if tim is town, then 3rd party killed Kyle the mafia. so who did Kyle sus? did Kyle say who he thought so and so was the 3rd party? Kyle was a member of mafia but he needed to get rid of the 3rd party too and support 3rd party could have killed mafia. he may not have neccesarily lied to us in regards to this.

if we choose not to lynch or we do lynch but we are wrong, this will be first nite phase with no mafia... what if the 3rd party now gets multiple kills or will get day kills? don't @ me saying that can't happen. I have seen it.

what if 3rd party wins if we go 1 day without a lynch? don't but daisy me here either. that is a possible wincon.

Victories:
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

idk what have to that post. my bad

Victories:
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Re: The Elder Scrolls [NIGHT 7]

Post by DaisyCloud »

DaisyCloud wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:02 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:00 pm
Night 7

Kylemii has been killed. He was the Altmer Noble, a member of the Order of the Revenant. The Artifacts Volendrung and Mehrunes' Razor have been destroyed.
Role: Altmer Noble
Race: Altmer
Alignment: Mafia
Designated Shrines: Boethiah, Hircine, Namira, Sanguine, Sheogorath
  • Hermaeus Mora - You may target a role in the game to learn one ability available to that role. You will learn which Shrine the ability is accessed at, but you will not be told which player the role belongs to or whether or not the ability has been accessed during the game at any point.
  • Hircine - You may target a player to learn what Shrine they visit that Night.
  • Mephala - You may target a player to send them an anonymous message (via the Host) that Night. You may not identify yourself in any way, violate any rules, or compel your target to violate any rules. Your message may otherwise contain any content pending Host approval.
  • Namira - You may target a player to reduce their vote’s value to 0 the following Day. They will be unaware of this curse.
  • Nocturnal - You may target a player to make them undetectable to all night actions that Night.
  • Sanguine - You may target a player to learn who, if anyone, they target that Night.
  • Sheogorath - Chaos.

You may not visit the same shrine twice during any 3-night span. For example, if you visit Sheogorath’s Shrine on Night 1, you may not access it again until Night 4.

The Mafia team has been eliminated. The Rogue remains active.
It is Day 8. You have 48 hours to eliminate somebody.
@Sloonei how come Boethiah is listed as one of his shrines but it doesn't give us info on it?

also

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:03 pm

it's important to know who and why though.

tim doesn't claim the kill.

tim supposedly claims vig, but with extra steps.

if 3rd party isn't sk then who?

why did tim go to Molag's shrine? if he is a merchant trying to get extra cash then why there? for pieces of scrolls?

only person who would be there be who? the 3rd party? so just 1 piece? doesn't tim need several tho? not just 1?

would mafia need to go there to do a kill?

if tim is town and went there to do a kill then what happened?

so,, who was tim trying to kill? iirc Kyle didn’t sus tim. if tim was 3rd party then why go and kill kyle?

did Vulgard mess around with people and their nite actions,?

imho, I think the person(s) with the ability to get a result that let's them know if someone is 3rd party or not, and literally only 3rd party is left, then they r more important then a tracker.

if tim is town, then 3rd party killed Kyle the mafia. so who did Kyle sus? did Kyle say who he thought so and so was the 3rd party? Kyle was a member of mafia but he needed to get rid of the 3rd party too and support 3rd party could have killed mafia. he may not have neccesarily lied to us in regards to this.

if we choose not to lynch or we do lynch but we are wrong, this will be first nite phase with no mafia... what if the 3rd party now gets multiple kills or will get day kills? don't @ me saying that can't happen. I have seen it.

what if 3rd party wins if we go 1 day without a lynch? don't but daisy me here either. that is a possible wincon.
think I fixed it

Victories:
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 908

Post by Timsup2nothin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:01 pm Now, the question becomes what’s the best use of night actions. I’m still not 100 percent sure, I have a little more digging to do. A few more questions:

@Gavial can you tell me what all of your shrines do? I have a general idea but I’m looking for some specifics on tracks/watches.

@Long Con i have a basic idea of how your power works, but can you say it again for me? The thread is long and I’m looking for an easier solution
I have no particularly useful abilities for the situation at hand. If you want to know how many people go to a particular shrine I can get a headcount at any shrine you want. At a guess the 3P is lying abiut where they go at night since they are probably going to Molag Ball every night. I've gone twice and gotten one coin each time.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Gavial wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:58 pm Also Tim said they went to the shrine to get coins.
What does coins even do? What’s the point of getting them and what are the other shrine options?
Tim refuses to answer these questions.
Therefore Tim is Scum.

@Timsup2gettinserious
@Timsup2gettinserious
Coins buy writs, and writs get people assassinated. Ask Mac.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

eh I sorta think we can just chop Tim here actually. Then Daisy checks Long Con and Gav tracks Daisy / I check Daisy and then we lose to vulgard
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Tim I need like all of the information and not just the helpful stuff
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Though actually Tim’s headcount ability is nice
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

actually it is slightly interesting that apparently the first 3P kill was on mafia on a night where there was no other kill
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Hang on what
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Daisy you might be onto something
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:01 pm Now, the question becomes what’s the best use of night actions. I’m still not 100 percent sure, I have a little more digging to do. A few more questions:

I go to a shrine, and if someone dies there, I get their last info, if applicable.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:49 am Tim I need like all of the information and not just the helpful stuff
That's all I've got. I can go to nay shrine, any time...no three day wait, nothin'. But all the shrines are just shrines and they don't do anything in particular for me. I get septims (coin of the realm) based on how many other people are at the shrine I visit...and that's it unless I collect enough to buy a writ. Writs are cool, because the Morag Tong always comes through...if the kill is blocked or something they just will kill the target the next night. Unfortunately, as the number of players shrank my ability to get coins fell with it so I only got to use it once.

So, yeah...death of a salesman if that's what you think you need to do. I think you have a pretty solid POE, logically, so just work our way through it.
ImageImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

I'll be real, I kinda just want to kill Tim and be done with it. If he's 3p, I'm going to scream "I told you so" about my push on him earlier in the game, even though this means he wasn't even mafia, and I pushed him thinking he's mafia. But nevermind that.

I'll do whatever's optimal. Disclaimer, though: I CAN'T JAILKEEP TONIGHT. Only once per three nights, and I jailkept LC last night. Tonight, I can either bus drive or commute (but the latter won't stop killing actions on me). I can also backup a shrine action, but it'll be on a three-night cooldown, and the game won't last long enough.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

If sleep's optimal, I'll go for sleep.
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Vulgard wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:13 am I'll be real, I kinda just want to kill Tim and be done with it. If he's 3p, I'm going to scream "I told you so" about my push on him earlier in the game, even though this means he wasn't even mafia, and I pushed him thinking he's mafia. But nevermind that.

I'll do whatever's optimal. Disclaimer, though: I CAN'T JAILKEEP TONIGHT. Only once per three nights, and I jailkept LC last night. Tonight, I can either bus drive or commute (but the latter won't stop killing actions on me). I can also backup a shrine action, but it'll be on a three-night cooldown, and the game won't last long enough.
Vulgard wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:13 am If sleep's optimal, I'll go for sleep.
Same-same.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:49 am Though actually Tim’s headcount ability is nice
Might be part of that secret weapon SK has.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Vul do the commute. I have a watch, I’ll watch the shrine you go to. Gav can track Daisy, Daisy cops LC, LC gets Gav’s result.

And I guess first we kill Tim for going to the serial killer shrine
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Uh yeah sleep is optimal but there’s a chance? The SK can get two kills somehow and in that case sleep is not optimal
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

And I don’t know how to balance these probabilities
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Wait would the commute shrine get around a watch
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Vul go to the power restoration shrine, IDC what power you choose it won’t come into play
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

If we sleep here:

Daisy cop Tim
LC get Daisy’s result
Vul go to power restore shrine
Gav track Vul
Tim go to the power restore shrine
TSP watch power restore shrine (double backup)

Two checks, both checks have verification
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Daisy cop Vul
LC get Daisy’s result
Gav track Daisy
TSP watch the checky check shrine
Vul ... eh. Doesn’t work
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Make sure you let us know what the FINAL plan is.
At this point I'm hoping TSP isn't the 3p otherwise letting him decide the nightplan is... yeah.
ImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:23 am If we sleep here:

Daisy cop Tim
LC get Daisy’s result
Gav track Vul

I think we go with this but
@Gavial can you remind me of your powers again
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Vulgard wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:32 am Make sure you let us know what the FINAL plan is.
At this point I'm hoping TSP isn't the 3p otherwise letting him decide the nightplan is... yeah.
He really doesn't seem like he's faking.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

alternatively we just chop Tim now and win cause I’m like 95 percent sure it’s Tim
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:38 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:23 am If we sleep here:

Daisy cop Tim
LC get Daisy’s result
Gav track Vul

I think we go with this but
@Gavial can you remind me of your powers again
No thanks. It’s Tim.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:53 pm alternatively we just chop Tim now and win cause I’m like 95 percent sure it’s Tim
That’s exactly what I’m doing yeah.

Return to “Previous Jobs”