Bird Mafia [TOWN VICTORY]

Moderator: Community Team

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 78

Re: Bird Mafia [Day 2]

Post by sig »

Herm wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:03 pm
sig wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:09 pm I'm highly doubtful we'd have SK and mafia kills, if there's a third party killer they wouldn't kill every night for sure. I'm thinking either limited shot vig or JOAT
This is a good point I randomly found from Sig.
Thank you. :ninja:
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 248

Re: Bird Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Creature »

We punish players not playing the game imo.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Wiml wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:36 pm I'm not defending myself here because there's no point. Good luck wolves have a good one.
Missed some prime lulz posting with this. Disappointed very disappointed. :disappoint:
ImageImage
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Duskfall »

sig wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:06 pm
Duskfall wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:59 pm you are making yourself sound like todays kill rn
You seem to be taking all the wrong posts from me serious.
I am slightly drunk but you seem to be trying to widen the game open and expand Poe from my perspective, I'll come back and reread in the morning
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

How long are we planning to give Marmot a pass? I feel like they should have had enough time to form an actual read.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Don Wurzeloni wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:30 pm SIG's ISO

#950 - "Anyone who isn’t voting sleep is probably mafia so is long con" - I really don't like this post. Why would people vote sleep on D1
#973 - "Hollow is a stalker which probably equals mafia but they’re amusing so I’m not gonna lynch them". I wasn't in favour of lynching HK myself as I wanted to vig him but this is a bad reason not to.
#1067 - Culture clash between myself and Sig over Gavial
#1068 - Doesn't believe Nanook's PR claim
#1071 - "Maybe idk I'm not reading the thread that closely. Just let me fuck around until like we're at Lynch or Loose and I'll be serious." - not helpful to town
#1235 - "Don, Alison and an Inactive are my three mafia reads. Runner up is everyone else playing so post game i can say I was right."
#1237 - Adds Ender to the list
#1470 - Very critical of Ydrasse's first big post
#1472 - Alison is accusing sig of being scum due to previous inconsistencies
Day 1 - Sig doesn't vote
#1808 - This is the post that I really hated as Sig refuses to give reads
#1813 - "I'm really just not liking Ydrasse posts, I don't think anyone them included responded to my post talking about their entry one. And that was one of my only on topic things. I could see them being mafia at this point, Don i'm still feeling meh on. Tim, LC, and Wiml seem towny. The day vig also confirms that." - Town reads WIML. Possible partner equity?
#1816 - Doesn't like Tim's 4 wolves "See I don't know how I feel about this though. Do you suspect they're mafia or what. like how does chopping them get us mafia." Again partner equity with WIML as pushing back on Tim

CONCLUSION: 2 things I really don't like - the refusal to provide reads and the no vote on D1 when he said we shouldn't lynch HK. Partner equity with WIML. Definitely not partnered with Ydrasse. Lean scum

I'll do some more ISOs tomorrow - Falcon and someone else.
I voted to sleep, not a no vote.

I was hoping something cool would happen. Alas nothing did. :mad:
ImageImage
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

I don't get why people would want to sleep btw, what's the point in the vote someone explain please
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Wiml wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:44 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:42 pm
Wiml wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:40 pm I still have really no opinion on LoMo from what I've seen. They're probably the player I look at next?
Give us some hard takes, cuz you seem kinda waffley
Duskfall/Tim/Ydrasse/Wurzel/Creature/You town.
sig/LC very weakly town.
Herm wolf. Rest of PoE is probably Nanook and LoMo/orange from having no read there.
So there's a mafia member in
Dusk, Tim, Wurzel, creature, and Falcon.

I've been eyeing Wurzel all game made a few posts about them they haven't really done anything to make me think they're civs. I have been informed by my scum buddies found while skimming that Wurzel apparently claimed night 1 shot.

Have it here below in spoliers
Spoiler: show
Don Wurzeloni wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:52 pm Regarding my own wagon, I admit that I probably have had lower WIM than usual today and have been a bit on autopilot. There is a good reason for that.

As everyone seems to be outing their roles now, I am one shot town vig. Unfortunately, I used my one shot on Ender.

Just to give some background on this: in one of my fairly recent games, I took part in a Hydra. My partner and I were town and got a free vig shot. I wanted to shoot Tim and his partner as they were posting in gifs. My partner persuaded me to holster as it was risky to shoot. We holstered. Tim was a wolf and that game was mafia sweep.

So since then I said if I got a vig again I would use it. I strongly scum read Ender and it didn't look like anyone was going to vote him out so I used the vig.

What is really annoying is I could have vigged Hollowkatt but everyone insisted on yeeting him on d1.

I'm sorry for my mistake. Still on the plus side it looks like we've got a wolf.
@Don Wurzeloni Why did you feel it was necessary to claim right then?

Wurz, claiming is so iffy, I hate when people just randomly claim and it could be a mafia move, but at the same time isn't super logical. I also never really thought mafia would have 2 kills, unless we have some heavy defensive roles going on that seems weird balance wise.

Still a bit meh on day vig though.
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I think Marmot had more than enough time to have at least one good read and the fact they didn't points towards them being frozen wolf.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Duskfall wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:14 pm I don't get why people would want to sleep btw, what's the point in the vote someone explain please
I wanted to see what would happen, plus I had subbed in and it was clear Hollow was getting lynched. So why not?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:15 pm Vig taking out Ender doesn't make sense IMO, but it's not overly important I s'pose.

Went thru Sig's ISO, it looks safe AF.
Thank you? :ponder:
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I could also do lost monkey because I see their name in Who is online every single time and they aren't doing shit.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Wiml wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:21 am After some time to review, I'm still leaning towards Wurzel being town (especially given his meta of often making really bad posts as town - sorry Wurzel!).

Yeah his D2 has been awful (although I can excuse some of his clear lack of effort / WIM given D1 events and the general tone of the thread, I think his has been a particularly sharp decline) but I think there are a few posts he made D1 that I don't think he would be able to replicate as a wolf (most importantly his case on Ender - he's not the type of player who I would expect that from if he had TMI that Ender was town). I think his tone is also on point (which is important because the times he wolfed in the past, he was completely off tonally and that isn't the case here).

I'm not quite as confident as I was at SoD but I think the narrative of Wurzel being town and just being lazy / disinterested after D1's events also fits better in this case.
Some soft defense here, which I'm not a fan of.

Wiml wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:20 am Half tempted to vote Wurzel so Tim actually plays the game tomorrow.

meh, don't like this either.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Wiml wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:44 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:42 pm
Wiml wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:40 pm I still have really no opinion on LoMo from what I've seen. They're probably the player I look at next?
Give us some hard takes, cuz you seem kinda waffley
Duskfall/Tim/Ydrasse/Wurzel/Creature/You town.
sig/LC very weakly town.
Herm wolf. Rest of PoE is probably Nanook and LoMo/orange from having no read there.

Creature or Falcon one is probably mafia,

Orange or Nanook are up there also. Mainly since I can't recall a single post from orange and nanook I can't ever read.

Haven't read enough of LC/Marmot to say either way.

I'll probably do some ISOs tomorrow but that's where my heads at right now.
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Man you all would rather tinfoil me than consider Maemot wolf lol
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Creature wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:22 pm Man you all would rather tinfoil me than consider Maemot wolf lol
Sig hasn't read the game properly and has high scum equity you're obviously cleared town dw

If you're willing to take responsibility for this game I'll sheep you, I don't have meta here your reads are gonna be better so I'd you're super super confident that's fine you can take the lead but Sig is pinging me hard rn
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Duskfall wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:28 pm
Creature wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:22 pm Man you all would rather tinfoil me than consider Maemot wolf lol
Sig hasn't read the game properly and has high scum equity you're obviously cleared town dw

If you're willing to take responsibility for this game I'll sheep you, I don't have meta here your reads are gonna be better so I'd you're super super confident that's fine you can take the lead but Sig is pinging me hard rn
Meh, question the validity of Creature meta read on almost everyone here.

Also I'm not saying lets lynch him today there's the claim that got Wilm lynched sure, but like tin foiling is tin foiling for a reason. :srsnod:
ImageImage
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

Catching up.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

sig wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:39 pm

Meh, question the validity of Creature meta read on almost everyone here.

Also I'm not saying lets lynch him today there's the claim that got Wilm lynched sure, but like tin foiling is tin foiling for a reason. :srsnod:
Tin foiling has a name because it's bad play that brings down your overall windage in the pursuit of trying to over accommodate things that aren't in your control

Everything in mafia isn't 50/50 and while anything is possible, you have to go with the things that are overwhelmingly likely to be true. Could creature technically be mafia? Yes of course we haven't seen his role pm, but pursuing the 1 percent tinfoil is bad play because mafia is a game of odds and by opening yourself up to the 1 percent chance youre allowing yourself to lose far more games as a whole than you would by never tinfoiling.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Not sure how much sure I am on Don Wurzel. Still think he has little reason to claim the kill on Ender especially when he wasn't even in danger that day.

I wouldn't want to kill him over the inactive slots because having to find one town between the five non-playing slots is nightmareish. I would maybe reconsider Don Wurzel in like F5, but still one of the five slots would have to town up.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I think orangecrush hasn't posted a single time today?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

lost monkey is really in his own world
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I hate it that if any of Falcon/Don are mafia they win just by playing.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I think I would just call this game abandoned for inactivity if I could.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I'm unhappy Don wasted their shot on Ender who was playing the game.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:37 pm well, I'm actually thinking both Wurzel and Nanook are wolfing here creature so with everyone following you we better hope I'm wrong...
You often are
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Re: Bird Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Creature »

Don Wurzeloni wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:00 pm So here are my initial thoughts and reads:

Finding the vibe here very different to MU. If MU is like afternoon tea at Claridge’s, this place is like a pool bar coming up to closing time

WIML – Feels pretty towny as usual (although he is generally towny). Likely to resolve later on
Esooa slot – Lean town. Esooa gets more wound up when she is town
Alison – getting good vibes so far (although I haven’t seen her wolf yet)

HK – 3p as claimed

Ender – several of his posts have pinged me but I am not quite sure enough to scum read yet

Falcon – early town PR claiming is anti-town
Gavial slot – his behaviour was massively anti-town
Nanook – His claimed PR sounds incredibly suss to me (do day cops even exist?) Feels like a good way to get a cheap town read
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Don Wurzeloni wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:26 am Ender’s ISO

Thread entry – seems quite relaxed and makes a joke

#230 – “I also like to arbitrarily townread people for fun.” I don’t like this post at all. Sounds like an easy way to let the wolves off the hook.
#273 – “As said. I don't care if they're as weak as a nerd on first gym day. I want meat to tear my teeth into.” This post stands out on re-reading. It’s most likely a metaphor but we all know who has sharp teeth.
#392 – “Well, I haven't played in ages so I was down with whatever. Didn't bother me at all when I saw I was a wolf. Wait did I just say that out loud?” This is clearly supposed to be a joke but it might not be. LordArgon on CFC likes to remind people of the game he said he was wolfing on D1 but it took town 3 days to lynch him.
#644 – “I appreciate that my strongest townread is the first to join me claiming wolf. Viva la revelucion” Again claiming wolf
#645 – “I mean, I'd be a little egotistical to say none of that is AI ever for me. But I'll say that my previous meta as town was very open to making silly jokes. I actually got picked off as PR a few times because I had a bad habit of NOT being jokey when PR. That being said I'm also 6 years from my last game of mafia so who knows how terrible I've gotten at pretending to be town now.” This is the post that really pinged me yesterday. Pretending to be town?

I feel I have started to get quite good at spotting scumslips and of course the person says it was an accident, but in 2 out of 3 cases where I have spotted them that person turned out to be a wolf.

In summary, he has posted a lot but the majority of that has been jokey posts and poking the less active players (an easy tactic for the wolves). I also strongly think the “pretending to be town” comments is a scumslip.

Sometimes it is as easy as saying that if someone looks like a wolf and quacks like a wolf, they are a wolf.

I want to see how the new Gavial does later but am likely voting here

Also he is voting HK which is an easy out for the wolf team
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Duskfall wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:18 pm yeah nanook probably does have to die this game unfort

although some people i can let off for having bad reads hes not really one of them who can get everything wrong, push cleared town and then retire to sheep status without doing anything remotely towny
I mean I'm not gonna keep pushing reads when I clearly don't have good ones this game, lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Don Wurzeloni wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:02 pm My own answer:

Top 3 town

Alison - Consistently good vibes from her.
Esooa slot - Esooa gets more wound up by things when town. Reminds me of how she played in our last game together when she was also town.
WIML - Feels pretty towny (as usual)

Top 3 scum

EnderWiggin - Has done nothing to convince me that my scum read was wrong. I strongly feel that it was a scumslip. Has also gone below the radar a bit today having been such a heavy poster yesterday
Gavial slot - Gavial's play was damaging both in terms of derailing the thread and the toxicity. I do like Ydrasse's first post but they need to do a lot to get this slot out of my POE
Nanook - I don't like the fake claims and feel his play has been scummy so far (although that is often the case for his d1s)
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Don Wurzeloni wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:04 pm [VOTE: EnderWiggin] aubergine
Man this makes so much sense!
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Don Wurzeloni wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:15 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:11 pm Did Don really suggest lynching randomly is better than lynching potential scumsiding 3p?
I'm not lynching randomly - I have a case against you. My point was that if we say there are 4 wolves and 1 3p, it is better to focus on the 4 wolves first as there are more of them. And the 3p might town side or be otherwise resolved.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Don Wurzeloni wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:24 am Here is my updated reads list

Duskfall - lock town
Tim - town (through gritted teeth) mainly due to Essoa
WIML - still towny. One of the main players driving the game forward
Lost Monkey - lean town. Getting good vibes from him
Nanook - lean town. Getting much better vibes from him today

Herm - null - has gone completely AWOL
Marmot - null - giving a day pass as just subbed in
Creature - null
Orangecrush - null - a priority to ISO this evening as currently under threat

Falcon - lean scum - bad vibes but need to ISO properly
SIG - lean scum - didn’t like them refusing to provide reads (not helpful)
Ydrasse - My gut strongly says this slot is scum but I am hesitant to vote here because of the PR claim.

I’ll do some reading up and will vote later but it’s currently between the bottom 4
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Don Wurzeloni wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:52 pm Regarding my own wagon, I admit that I probably have had lower WIM than usual today and have been a bit on autopilot. There is a good reason for that.

As everyone seems to be outing their roles now, I am one shot town vig. Unfortunately, I used my one shot on Ender.

Just to give some background on this: in one of my fairly recent games, I took part in a Hydra. My partner and I were town and got a free vig shot. I wanted to shoot Tim and his partner as they were posting in gifs. My partner persuaded me to holster as it was risky to shoot. We holstered. Tim was a wolf and that game was mafia sweep.

So since then I said if I got a vig again I would use it. I strongly scum read Ender and it didn't look like anyone was going to vote him out so I used the vig.

What is really annoying is I could have vigged Hollowkatt but everyone insisted on yeeting him on d1.

I'm sorry for my mistake. Still on the plus side it looks like we've got a wolf.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Can't believe you all never bothered to ISO Wurzel
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

It makes so much sense Wurzel would shoot Ender here and doesn't feel like wolf trying to patch up a kill. Also Wurzel has been actively trying to solve the game Ender-style.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

idk after all this I'll feel bad if we end up lynching Wurzel and he ends up being town
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Creature wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:38 pm I know I'm town.
Herm is town for being targeted by Wiml.
Duskfall is town because of the dayvig.
Tim is town because of Esooa thing.
Don Wurzel is town because mafia 1-shot vig isn't wasted on Ender.
Falcon is probably town but not as sure as the others.

That's 6 out of 11 so if mafia can't have extra kills we can auto this.
Commenting on this as I catch up.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

All the active people = Town
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

I will be less acrive this day phase than normal bc of the weekend unfortu ately. I'll spe d my time cat hing up and figuring out lynch/yeey people todayn
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Marmot is my favorite lynch, but can also easily do NANOOK. I think both are easily wolves here.

Then that probably leaves us with sig/orangecrush/lost monkey.

I probably wouldn't lynch sig here because at least they're posting a bit now and will become readable. I also would leave orangecrush for mod to solve. Maybe would do lost monkey but I confess I'm a bit meh there.

Leaning Marmot + NANOOK + lost monkey here.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Orange, Sig, Lost Monkey, Marnot and mayyyyybe Nanook possible scumpool imo.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Herm wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:44 pm Orange, Sig, Lost Monkey, Marnot and mayyyyybe Nanook possible scumpool imo.
Yeah, that's what I had except the mayyyyybe
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Sig only catching up to post fluff is very suspicious.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Wurzel should still absolutely not be cleared
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Herm wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:40 pm All the active people = Town
Yeah, probably this. atp if any of them are wolf they're just dancing on town slowly lynching the non-playing slots.

Still, I think if there's wolf between the six playing the game it would probably be Falcon, but if Falcon is wolf then he's just getting a free wolf win.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Duskfall wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:46 pm Wurzel should still absolutely not be cleared
You don't need to clear him, just take into consideration that his actions actually make quite sense for a town 1-shot vig that shot Ender and tried to push for reads.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Creature wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:36 pm Can't believe you all never bothered to ISO Wurzel
My bad.

I remembered some people being suspicious of Ender at the end of D1 actually, but forgot who said what.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Herm wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:49 pm
Creature wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:36 pm Can't believe you all never bothered to ISO Wurzel
My bad.

I remembered some people being suspicious of Ender at the end of D1 actually, but forgot who said what.
Dunno why as he was actively trying to push the game forward. Obviously wolf could still incite town into playing, but I think Ender was very doing it very overtly.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Creature wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:29 pm I think I would just call this game abandoned for inactivity if I could.
Another game I played previously was less active than tjis game lol.

Return to “Previous Jobs”