Moderator: Community Team

EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Bird Mafia [Day 1]

Post by EnderWiggin »

I dunno if I buy Wurzel/HK scumlean
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 128

Post by hollowkatt »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:08 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:05 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:00 pm hk what's your read on gavial and why?
my read is that he's a shouty gremlin and doing a disservice to town with the way he's posting and focusing on me.
When gavial is town he's generally pretty good at doing actual work, which is why I keep pressing him for what his reasoning is for his read on me, and why I said it's b/c I pwned him in bluey. I don't think he has a real reason for his read because if he did he'd want to be selling people on it, and pointing out how wolfy I've been, or what looks weird and trying to build a case.

Instead he's latched onto a throwaway post, shouted like a toddler, and generally filled the thread with potato based nonsense.

My real read is that he's not town. I'm voting for him because he's behaving differently from my expectations of him, and would like to see him start making actually game relevant posts.
I got the sense in some of your earlier interactions with him that you knew he was town and was trying to chase him off his scumread of you, getting increasingly frustrated and then resorting to pure aggression and a thinly veiled policy exe attempt on him.

I certainly don't buy that gavial tunnelling people for no reason is a scumtell for him
I don't know a thing about his alignment. I'm not chasing off his scum read, I'm ridiculing it. There's no policy to my vote on him.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 248

Post by Creature »

Hally wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:09 pm hi friends, MoD here!

for those that don’t know, each game on the syndicate is assigned a moderator on duty (MoD). it’s my job to act as an unspoiled third party that you all can go to if something during the game upsets you. if you’re feeling frustrated at any point or just want to talk, don’t hesitate to message me! i also may reach out to people as needed. hope you all have fun!

:partyparrot:
didn't even know this was a thing.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

a question people should be asking themselves: would wurzel bus a pack mate at the beginning of a game on a site he's never played on before
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:08 pm Other than my supposed fake incredulity why am I a wolf here, and why specifically with wurzel?
Your townread on Esooa seemed designed to bait out a specific reaction from her more than a genuine expression of your thoughts about her alignment. Which can come from town as a reaction test, but in the moment it felt to me more like a weird attempt at pocketing her or striking up a conversation/rapport with her when she asks why. It's why I mentioned I didn't like the energy coming from you, because it was a nebulous "this feels icky" sense.

Your discredit of my Wurzel read which I felt was pretty well founded made me suspect you could be buddies with Wurzel. The push on Gavial you are currently making makes no sense to me and is caught for the wrong reasons-y. You are also trying to get out of it by being as loud and angry as possible which is a scumtell.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Hey Creature, give me a read on one of the players who have posted more than twice today. I don't care which one.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

KZA wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:16 pm okay so this is bird mafia, I'm assuming this is a sequel to dinosaur mafia
Aw kinda sad I missed the dinosaur mafia
Alison

Post by Alison »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 pm a question people should be asking themselves: would wurzel bus a pack mate at the beginning of a game on a site he's never played on before
Wurzel dropped an RVS vote for you, that is not a bus.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:08 pm Other than my supposed fake incredulity why am I a wolf here, and why specifically with wurzel?
Your townread on Esooa seemed designed to bait out a specific reaction from her more than a genuine expression of your thoughts about her alignment. Which can come from town as a reaction test, but in the moment it felt to me more like a weird attempt at pocketing her or striking up a conversation/rapport with her when she asks why. It's why I mentioned I didn't like the energy coming from you, because it was a nebulous "this feels icky" sense.

Your discredit of my Wurzel read which I felt was pretty well founded made me suspect you could be buddies with Wurzel. The push on Gavial you are currently making makes no sense to me and is caught for the wrong reasons-y. You are also trying to get out of it by being as loud and angry as possible which is a scumtell.
I'd like to say that I've seen Scum discredit fine lynches on townies for no reason other than to go "I WAS RIGHT" as a townread later when/if they flip town.

It also tends to make the towny inclined to be on the side of the person defending them. Honestly, may be personal forum bias, but I usually expect early defenses on little aggression to be less likely to be buddies than more as maf don't want to buddy too early.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

oh alison, sweet sweet alison, you have not seen loud and angry HK. Not at all
My esooa town read was because the stinky bird image made me laugh and I wanted to call that townie. Sometimes I think you read too much into innocuous shit.

Can you show me where I tried to discredit your wurzel read? If it's this post
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:26 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:24 pm Falcon and Gavial are town.

Wurzel outed. Not liking the energy I'm seeing from Wiml or HK.
what energy do you expect to see from me 10 posts into a game that started just over an hour ago?
Weak sauce read is weak sauce
[VOTE: alison] aubergine
my response had nothing to do with wurzel and everything to do with calling your read on me weak sauce
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Alison

Post by Alison »

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:15 pm

I'd like to say that I've seen Scum discredit fine lynches on townies for no reason other than to go "I WAS RIGHT" as a townread later when/if they flip town.

It also tends to make the towny inclined to be on the side of the person defending them. Honestly, may be personal forum bias, but I usually expect early defenses on little aggression to be less likely to be buddies than more as maf don't want to buddy too early.
I am incredibly arrogant and assume that the scum team is sent into a blind panic every time I catch one of their members early.
Alison

Post by Alison »

But also if that logic holds HK would still be scum TMI-ing a townie so you should vote him anyway.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 pm Hey Creature, give me a read on one of the players who have posted more than twice today. I don't care which one.
I'm very confident that Creature is town because everything he has been posting so far reeks town without TMI at all, like here and here.
Alison

Post by Alison »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:35 pm
KZA wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:30 pm

why is Wurzel outed
nobody knows the mysterious workings of the mind of alison
^
Alison

Post by Alison »

what do you think about LC's hopping onto my push on you HK?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hello Creature.

Why are you acting like this? Is it a cry for attention?
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:16 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:15 pm

I am incredibly arrogant and assume that the scum team is sent into a blind panic every time I catch one of their members early.
As an arrogant player I respect this.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Creature wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:16 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 pm Hey Creature, give me a read on one of the players who have posted more than twice today. I don't care which one.
I'm very confident that Creature is town because everything he has been posting so far reeks town without TMI at all, like here and here.
This. I don't like. Quack.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:17 pm Hello Creature.

I'm not crying for attention wtf
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:14 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 pm a question people should be asking themselves: would wurzel bus a pack mate at the beginning of a game on a site he's never played on before
yet I'm paired with wurzel and/or falcon, right? which would make it a bus, even if it's not intended to stick or are we just miscommunicating or using different definitions.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:17 pm what do you think about LC's hopping onto my push on you HK?
I also don't like Long Con.
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:17 pm Hello Creature.

LMAO
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Alison

Post by Alison »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:18 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:14 pm
yet I'm paired with wurzel and/or falcon, right? which would make it a bus, even if it's not intended to stick or are we just miscommunicating or using different definitions.
A serious vote that is meant to stick and generate momentum would be considered a bus.

If it's a throwaway vote that is effectively done at random and will be changed or shifted off with the ebb and flow of the tide I don't see why Wurzel wouldn't do it to a pack mate. Even if he's hesitant about murdering a fellow wolf surely he would have no problem with tossing some random votes your away and taking them off later.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:17 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:35 pm
KZA wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:30 pm

why is Wurzel outed
nobody knows the mysterious workings of the mind of alison
^
wow ok you do read too much into innocuous bullshit. Or you're not super great at parsing written humor. Either way that was not a discrediting of your read on wurzel, that was a fucking joke
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Btw I just want to let everyone know that this is the weekend for me so expect to see me around a bit while I am awake. Once it gets back to weekdays I expect to have a much smaller frame of activity. Just so y'all don't kill me for suddenly being quieter in Day 2
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:17 pm what do you think about LC's hopping onto my push on you HK?
it's opportunistic as fuck
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Alison

Post by Alison »

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:19 pm
I don't know how to read Long Con tbh. I used to think I had an idea but then I thought about it and realized I don't.

Last game I arbitrarily decided to just pretend he was confirmed town for no reason and he got killed by the hostile 3P and flipped town.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Wurzel is pretty easy to read IMO. The last game I played with him he was lock town to me and multiple others who actually knew how to read him day 1. He actually was mislynched that day though, cause he posts weird. Lmao.

But the first game I played with him he was scum and his play was obvious enough I would have tunneled him from day 1 if I was town
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think "you read too much into early NAI stuff" has to be the single most common defense used by scum when I catch them early
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:20 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:19 pm
I don't know how to read Long Con tbh. I used to think I had an idea but then I thought about it and realized I don't.

Last game I arbitrarily decided to just pretend he was confirmed town for no reason and he got killed by the hostile 3P and flipped town.
I also like to arbitrarily townread people for fun.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Esooa wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:20 pm Wurzel is pretty easy to read IMO. The last game I played with him he was lock town to me and multiple others who actually knew how to read him day 1. He actually was mislynched that day though, cause he posts weird. Lmao.

But the first game I played with him he was scum and his play was obvious enough I would have tunneled him from day 1 if I was town
So gimme a read. Throw that confidence into the street. Let me see your choice.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I tire of trying to convince HK he is scum. If anyone else has questions about my HK read I'm all ears. Otherwise I'm going to look at Creature and LC.

Esooa what do you think of Wurzel
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 pm I tire of trying to convince HK he is scum. If anyone else has questions about my HK read I'm all ears. Otherwise I'm going to look at Creature and LC.

Either you think similarly to me or you're jumping on my established IT reads.

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with either option.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:21 pm I think "you read too much into early NAI stuff" has to be the single most common defense used by scum when I catch them early
if only I were caught scum. The good news is, the way people treat me should do a lot of spew work, so that's cool.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 pm I tire of trying to convince HK he is scum. If anyone else has questions about my HK read I'm all ears. Otherwise I'm going to look at Creature and LC.

nothing really of note
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 pm Otherwise I'm going to look at Creature

Please take your time
Alison

Post by Alison »

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:23 pm

no read was expressed in the quoted post other than "HK is scum"
Alison

Post by Alison »

Creature wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:25 pm

Please take your time
Why have you chosen to ignore the conversations going on around you in favor of posting a dozen irrelevant one liners
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:26 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:23 pm

no read was expressed in the quoted post other than "HK is scum"
I was mostly joking.

But I was jumping off the "Esooa tell us about Wurzel" comment and the fact I've fingered Creature/LC as I don't like yet.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:27 pm

Please take your time
Why have you chosen to ignore the conversations going on around you in favor of posting a dozen irrelevant one liners
Doubt I can get into conversations that have already started long before me.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I have no opinion on Creature/LC. When I said I'm looking at them I mean they're question marks to me and I want to find out their alignment, not that I suspect them. I may well come away with a townread on them after I finish my examination.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Hey look at me, getting involved in conversations that started before I woke up.

If I can do it, you can.

Give me a read. I don't care if it's as weak as a nerd on first gym day.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Creature wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:28 pm

Please take your time
ok here's a really simple one then. who is scum
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:29 pm I have no opinion on Creature/LC. When I said I'm looking at them I mean they're question marks to me and I want to find out their alignment, not that I suspect them. I may well come away with a townread on them after I finish my examination.
Can't joke at Alison, got it. =P
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Creature wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:06 pm Are we still in random voting stage?
What would you do if we weren't?
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:20 pm
it's opportunistic as fuck
My vote isn't about me.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:29 pm
Creature wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:28 pm

Please take your time
ok here's a really simple one then. who is scum
Dunno. Ask in the wolfchat.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:32 pm
I'd start playing.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Creature wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:33 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:32 pm
I'd start playing.
I don't even do RVS. I don't really understand it.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine

Honestly dunno if he's actually wolf, but also honestly do something other than provide useless content.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:35 pm [VOTE: Creature] aubergine

Honestly dunno if he's actually wolf, but also honestly do something other than provide useless content.
Like voting someone I'm not even wolfreading?

Return to “Previous Jobs”