NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 143
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Lasagna Mafia [END]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Although also tbf I wasn't really trying to hide being the cop
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by fingersplints »

Good game all and thanks for hosting JJJ!
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: doesn’t matter
Aka: ejj

Post by ejjinami »

I don’t like crazy plays, nor do I ever make crazy plays. There is one game on MU where I made a crazy play as a villager but I legit don’t even know what we’ve done this game that was “crazy”
The falcon kill, maybe. But we weren’t being FPS-y, we legit reasoned through it….

@Deli I think what we both understand differently here is the meaning of the word “crazy”. I didn’t mean it in an insulting way, more like- something risky, which I don’t understand.
I didn’t realize it could be understood that way

I thought hyena was definitely likely to go for risky plays because he just… wants to have fun xD
If making spicy plays means that he can both have fun and try to win the game at the same time, I believe he’d definitely do it.

as for you, my strongest impression of you is that you don’t tinfoil much. Once you set your mind on something, it’s hard to change your mind. I also found that most of the time I don’t really understand your thought process.
So if you got an impression that esooa was the cop, I thought you could have been less likely to notice any not-cop tells later on and seriously consider killing her.

To me that would be a weird kill but to you it could make perfect sense.

I think the main mistake I made here was not elaborating on it more… I just shortened that to 1 word because of laziness, I didn’t realize it could hurt you.
Sorry for that ):
meow
Deli
The Mark
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by Deli »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:34 am
Deli wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:04 am Image

https://imgur.com/gallery/dCpiDFv

Yeah idk if that works lol idk how to get a screenshot from my phone to go in here. I made an Imgur account but idk if that works. JJJ lol please just open mafia chat. I worked so hard cop hunting d1
Tbf i do that most games, I usually aim to be poe but not die for the first day or two at least
Haha yeah, I mean most seers should be aiming to do that, though open seering like that is a huge risk. We kill you n1 and your play becomes less of a good gambit and more borderline gamethrowing. There were a lot of good reasons to kill you on top of your seer equity— like that you very likely could have been the peek by the real seer (if you weren’t). I wanted to kill you just for that lol but I wasn’t really available to do much rereading at all that evening and most of the game as I was on a bachlorette trip for my friend :p
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

ejjinami wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:08 am
I don’t like crazy plays, nor do I ever make crazy plays. There is one game on MU where I made a crazy play as a villager but I legit don’t even know what we’ve done this game that was “crazy”
The falcon kill, maybe. But we weren’t being FPS-y, we legit reasoned through it….

@Deli I think what we both understand differently here is the meaning of the word “crazy”. I didn’t mean it in an insulting way, more like- something risky, which I don’t understand.
I didn’t realize it could be understood that way

I thought hyena was definitely likely to go for risky plays because he just… wants to have fun xD
If making spicy plays means that he can both have fun and try to win the game at the same time, I believe he’d definitely do it.

as for you, my strongest impression of you is that you don’t tinfoil much. Once you set your mind on something, it’s hard to change your mind. I also found that most of the time I don’t really understand your thought process.
So if you got an impression that esooa was the cop, I thought you could have been less likely to notice any not-cop tells later on and seriously consider killing her.

To me that would be a weird kill but to you it could make perfect sense.

I think the main mistake I made here was not elaborating on it more… I just shortened that to 1 word because of laziness, I didn’t realize it could hurt you.
Sorry for that ):

I don’t really know how you get that bolded impression of me and I don’t think anyone who actually plays with me often would agree. Tinfoiling is a large part of my village play. You don’t realize how insulting someone could insult them? It just seemed unnecessary and rude to say those things that way regardless, especially about someone you literally do not know, or have a friendly relationship with.

You would not out your MU alt which I think is ridiculous, so I have no idea who you are or when we’ve ever played together. I’ve never played on a site that allows identity concealment like that— unoutted gimmicks are forbidden on my home site. I play as Deli everywhere I play, I’m not trying to hide anything. If you have some sort of friendly rivalry with me where we tease each other and dog on each other’s play style, I don’t know about it…
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

It seems that I got a wrong impression then. I apologize for that

I don’t also have any sort of enmity with you… I really didn’t mean to insult you xd
I’m not exactly sure what else I can do now
meow
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

Part of it is me just being sensitive, wolfing sucks and I didn’t really have time to do it. I tried my best to make it a game instead of just rolling over :shrug: nothing I did was crazy or nonsensical, you can see in WC we all tried to logic through it as best we could.
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

ejjinami wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:46 am It seems that I got a wrong impression then. I apologize for that

I don’t also have any sort of enmity with you… I really didn’t mean to insult you xd
You could reveal your other account names so you don’t have additional leverage/meta of some shared experience we have that I’m not aware of lol
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

I mean… I never meant “crazy” as “nonsensical” xd
The fact that I don’t understand the reasoning doesn’t mean that there isn’t one and I’m precisely aware of that

I generally tend to use this word in both its positive and neutral meaning, almost never in the negative one so I didn’t even realize people could perceive it as so
Sorry if it felt belittling
Deli wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:48 am
ejjinami wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:46 am It seems that I got a wrong impression then. I apologize for that

You could reveal your other account names so you don’t have additional leverage/meta of some shared experience we have that I’m not aware of lol
This is not related. I wouldn’t want my alt revealed
if it’s absolutely necessary and you would really want to avoid me from now on, I can share it privately. but in that case, please not to reveal it further
I like that account. I like playing slightly differently and not having to care about people meta-reading me. The last time someone noticed my accounts were connected they kept spewing my original username in multiple games regardless of how many times I reminded them

I would just want it to stay that way xd
I really don’t think this should matter
meow
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Alison
@ejjinami
@Esooa
@falcon45ca
@fingersplints
@Kami
@Luckbox Inc
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
@KZA
@MissSparkles
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

ejjinami wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:02 am I mean… I never meant “crazy” as “nonsensical” xd
The fact that I don’t understand the reasoning doesn’t mean that there isn’t one and I’m precisely aware of that

I generally tend to use this word in both its positive and neutral meaning, almost never in the negative one so I didn’t even realize people could perceive it as so
Sorry if it felt belittling
Deli wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:48 am

This is not related. I wouldn’t want my alt revealed
if it’s absolutely necessary and you would really want to avoid me from now on, I can share it privately. but in that case, please not to reveal it further
I like that account. I like playing slightly differently and not having to care about people meta-reading me. The last time someone noticed my accounts were connected they kept spewing my original username in multiple games regardless of how many times I reminded them

I would just want it to stay that way xd
I really don’t think this should matter

sure just message it to me privately so I can avoid further play.

Deli wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:16 am

Yeah idk if that works lol idk how to get a screenshot from my phone to go in here. I made an Imgur account but idk if that works. JJJ lol please just open mafia chat. I worked so hard cop hunting d1
Tbf i do that most games, I usually aim to be poe but not die for the first day or two at least
Haha yeah, I mean most seers should be aiming to do that, though open seering like that is a huge risk. We kill you n1 and your play becomes less of a good gambit and more borderline gamethrowing. There were a lot of good reasons to kill you on top of your seer equity— like that you very likely could have been the peek by the real seer (if you weren’t). I wanted to kill you just for that lol but I wasn’t really available to do much rereading at all that evening and most of the game as I was on a bachlorette trip for my friend :p
Yeah, was certainly a risk but I tend to get NKed relatively early when I dont leave myself in the poe, and I tend to do and say that no matter my role, so I felt it was worth the chance. I disagree its gamethrowing if it doesn't work tho, not every non-bog standard play is gamethrowing lol. Open PRing can be risky but it works a lot more often than many people think.

The chances of being the real peek if I weren't the seer were unfortunate but pretty well out of my control.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:40 am
Deli wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:16 am

Yeah, was certainly a risk but I tend to get NKed relatively early when I dont leave myself in the poe, and I tend to do and say that no matter my role, so I felt it was worth the chance. I disagree its gamethrowing if it doesn't work tho, not every non-bog standard play is gamethrowing lol. Open PRing can be risky but it works a lot more often than many people think.

The chances of being the real peek if I weren't the seer were unfortunate but pretty well out of my control.
lol alright, well I'm going to have to try it sometime

Idk if it actually works in general, maybe it just works for me and I'm presenting anecdotal evidence as stronger than it actually is. Do so at your own risk :p
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:45 am Idk if it actually works in general, maybe it just works for me and I'm presenting anecdotal evidence as stronger than it actually is. Do so at your own risk :p
When I get accused of gamethrowing after a brutal loss of my own causing, I'm blaming you :P

Deli wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:47 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:45 am Idk if it actually works in general, maybe it just works for me and I'm presenting anecdotal evidence as stronger than it actually is. Do so at your own risk :p
When I get accused of gamethrowing after a brutal loss of my own causing, I'm blaming you :P
That seems totally fair and reasonable, can't argue with that
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

ejjinami wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:08 am I thought hyena was definitely likely to go for risky plays because he just… wants to have fun xD
Bingo. <3
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

why wasn't nanook shot?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:37 pm why wasn't nanook shot?
Mafia thought Nanook wouldn't fake a red as real cop and leveled themselves into thinking Kami/I would drop cover and let him continue if we had him as town (which I did EoD1/Kami peeked him)
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I place full blame on this game for encouraging me to obtain and consume some very tasty Lasagna over the past two days.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:40 am I place full blame on this game for encouraging me to obtain and consume some very tasty Lasagna over the past two days.
Then you're the only real winner.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”