Syndicate's Grand Idea Thread

Discuss general themes and ideas about game design here.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Re: Syndicate's Grand Idea Thread

Post by MartinGG99 »

Town or Mafia Martin's Politician

(Note: Host may adjust VP values for better balance according to game size)

The first time you are eliminated by vote, you will instead live.

You gain 1 "vote point" (VP) per vote (secret or not) that is on you at the end of a day phase. You have the following abilities, all of which cost VP:

2 VP: During night, add one secret vote against someone else for the next day phase only.
4 VP: During night, remove someone else (not yourself) from the poll for the next day phase.
6 VP: During night or day, prevent a player from doing anything for a phase (including voting; their vote will count for 0).

10 VP: Assassinate someone either during the day or night when you use this. If it is successful, you will be revealed to be responsible for it a phase later (Ex: assassinate on day 3, revealed to be responsible at start of day 4).
12 VP: Skip the next day or night phase of your choosing. Nothing will happen during the phase that is skipped.

The 2, 4, and 6 VP abilities cannot be role-blocked, and can be repeated more than once in a single phase. If you use the 10 or 12 VP abilities, you can't use any other ability at the same time.
Last edited by MartinGG99 on Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
Spoiler: show
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Jakob Toretto

If you rand this role, the host must randomly assign Luke Hobbs, Dominic Toretto and Roman Pearce as flavor to three existing roles in pre-game.

Role flavor would look like this and have no inherent abilities: Luke Hobbs, Vanilla Townie

You are a 3-Shot Strongman Night Vigilante with a mission: To personally kill or hammer Luke Hobbs, Dominic Toretto and Roman Pearce.

Upon personally killing all three, you become un-nightkillable the following two nights and require two more votes to get yeeted the following two days.

(If you get weapons or items that allows you to day kill your targets, it will count towards the fulfillment of your mission)

If one of the three Fast Furious targets die not by your doing, you become a Mafia Goon.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Luke Hobbs

During odd cycles you may kill a target at day.
During even cycles you may kill a target at night.

Also, as long as you are alive, all the game's death flips information will be true.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Master Of Deceit

If there is a shopping mechanic in the game, you will tax 20% of every purchase and get that as income for whatever money is needed for in that game.

If there is no shopping mechanic in the game, then you will get 2 "Mod favors" for every player you vote to successfully yeet.

You can spend "Mod Favors" on a plethora of "Mod Verified" actions:

Get a safe fake role claim: 1 Mod Favor
Return "Town Aligned" if someone investigates you: 2 Mod Favors
Fake Poison Mod Post Warning: 2 Mod Favors
Fake Lie Detection Public Confirmation: 3 Mod Favors
Become unyeetable the following day: 5 Mod Favors
Convert To Mafia whoever tries to convert you to their cult instead of killing them: 5 Mod Favors (cultists become lone wolves).
Flipless Death, if you ever die, nothing will be revealed: 5 Mod Favors
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Fulfiller Dj

Fulfiller is an independent alignment whose win condition is tied to fulfilling a mission. If such mission is not fulfilled for whatever reason, they lose. If fulfillers rand vanilla the mod may assign them another alignment (or a Fulfiller attached to a role with no special Fulfiller mission gets a mission from the moderator).

If you rand this role everyone (except you) starts the game vanillaized. The mod will announce that everyone has been vanillalized.

You have the power to enable a role type during the day phases for the rest of the game (by posting one of the youtube songs from the list bellow), activating roles that were randed to the other players during pregame.
(Post this song during the day to enable conversion roles)

(Post this song during the day to enable investigation roles)

(Post this song during the day to enable protection roles)

(Post this song during the day to enable killing roles)

(Post this song to enable multipower roles)

(Post this song to enable manipulation and redirection roles)

(Post this song to enable Communication roles)

(Post this song to enable resurrection and roles that interact with the dead)

You win when you have successfully enabled four types of roles, leaving the game. You may choose to stay in the game after fulfilling your win condition to enable more role types at the risk of getting killed and losing the game instead. The songs may not be changed by the host or the player. You may only enable one type of role per cycle.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Vigilante with a Spear

For all intents and purposes you are just a vanilla townie.

If you become a treestump for any reason, you will gain the ability to create one of these spears every night to use it the same night they are created:

Pine Spear: Kills a player
Maple Spear: Lie detects a player, if the target lied it dies.
Oak Spear: Kills and treestumps another player
Alder Spear: Self stabs with it removing itself from the game and off to the DVC.
Beech Spear: Watches a player and reflexively kill whoever targets the player you are watching.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Lumberjack

If a member of the town is eliminated and your vote is currently to eliminate them (i.e. you are on their wagon), they become a Tree Stump. Non-town players are eliminated normally.

Mod notes: When you flip a townie, post something along the lines of "somewhere in the crowd of voters, someone cuts down PLAYERNAME. They are now a Tree Stump." It should hint that the stumping happens due to someone being on the wagon.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Stump-Doctor

At Night, you may target a player. If that player would have been killed that night, they will instead become a Treestump of their alignment.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Grand Idea Inventor

Each night, you may submit to the moderator the post number of a role in the Syndicate’s Grand Idea thread as well as the name of a player in the game. You will attempt to give a copy of the role you selected to the player you selected. The host reserves the right to veto any role you submit and you cannot self-target. If a role must be vetoed, the host should to the best of their ability give the player a chance to select another role. Posts that are not actually roles (e.g.: things like "reroll", effects etc) may not be submitted. Please ask your host for the full list of restrictions and regulations on this role.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Doppelganger

Once per game, you may target another player at any point in the game, replacing your role with a copy of their role. Your alignment remains the same. This role is revealed on death instead of the copied role.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Demon Guillotine

Demon is an alignment that can only win with groupscum aligned parties that share a PT and can only have passive/reflexive roles.

As long as you are alive, on odd days the hammer will die along with the player being eliminated.
When this happens, the mod will post to the thread "A head rolls unexpectedly".

You win with mafia
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Job Poster

You start the game with 6 Bitcoin and gain 2 bit coin every start of day phase.

Three times per game, at the start of each day you may post to the thread anonymously through the host: Job Offer and description.

During the following night, whoever can do the job (independent contractor) will do so and submit the result anonymously through the host upon which the bitcoin amount you offered for the job will be deducted from your balance and added to the “independent contractor”.
I.e. You post through the host on Day 1:

Job Offer: Protect Player A tonight for $4 Bitcoins

Then Player B with a protection role decides to take the job and targets Player A to protect it.
If Player B successfully targeted Player A to protect it (it didnt get redirected to another target or role blocked), then the host will deduct $4 Bitcoins from Player A and credit it to Player B, regardless of whether or not Player A was targeted for a kill.

Do notice that any information that independent contractors were supposed to get with their actions if it was not a paid job, will only be disclosed to the Job Poster.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Batman

You have in your Bat-pocket two units of Kryptonite.

Batman is the world's best detective. Batman is protected against kills every night, unless they choose to use their ability to investigate someone's alignment.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

3P Xanathar (credit to Flea for this role)

You cannot win with any other faction. You MUST be the last person standing.
You possess the following abilities:

Paranoia Field
You can move this field around to a new target per night. That target will become paranoid, and can only use their abilities reflexively on other players. Otherwise, all actions fail.
Watchers will see "A strange light surrounds them".

Beauty is in the eyes of the Beholder
You appear town-aligned to all investigates.

Trust no-one.
if someone attempts to roleblock you, they become subject to Paranoia Fields effect for the night and no longer target you.

Sylgar! <3
You cannot target any fish/dolphin based roles with your abilities.

In addition to the Paranoia field, you may target someone else with one of the following 1-shot abilities.
  1. Charm Ray. The target will compulsively sheep your vote silently. 1
  2. Paralyzing Ray. The target is roleblocked for this night phase and the next.
  3. Fear Ray. The target gains the Loud modifier for the night as they scream in fear.
  4. Slowing Ray. The target cannot multitask. All declared actions after the first will fail.
  5. Enervation Ray. The target is eliminated.
  6. Telekinetic Ray. The target is redirected to another player.
  7. Sleep Ray. The target is silenced (voteless) for the next day.
  8. Petrification Ray. The target is put into stasis. 2
  9. Disintegration Ray. The target is silently eliminated. (No flip or information, cannot be autopsyed/post-mortemed.)
  10. Death Ray. The target dies at the end of the second day phase from when this is used. The mod will announce the targetted player as looking drained of life at the start of the day phase.
1The player may vote as normal and it will be tracked, when Xanathar votes, the targetted players vote will move too.
2The player is considered dead for vote count purposes and may not vote. They are post restricted to 10 posts per day, with a maximum of 50 words per post and cannot vote. A doctor type protective visiting them will cure the petrification and restore them to life.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Scotty »

Town Fossil

This role has no abilities until it is targeted in any way (except factional kill).
Upon being targeted by one player, your vote is worth 2 the following day.
Upon being targeted by two or more different players in the same night, you instead gain a 1-shot ability the following day/night rand’d between the following:
-watcher (night)
-lynch freezer/day ender (day)
-night skipper (day)
-remove any player from poll (night)
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Bus Driver

The Bus Driver may each night target two players and switch them, causing any actions directed at one to be used on the other instead. May not target the same players two nights consecutively.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Captain

The Captain will at the start of the game be given control over X number of players with power roles. Neither party will know anything about each other's alignment and/or identity. Each day phase, the Captain has the ability to choose what actions the power roles must perform the following night phase and on whom, to which the power roles must respond either "Obey" or "Disobey". If they choose "Obey", it will succeed, presuming no other sources of interference. If they choose "Disobey", they will not be able to use their action. The Captain can also choose to not relay any orders at all to one or more of the power roles, in which case they will have free use of their abilities.
Last edited by Guillotine on Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Ninja

The Ninja is able to perform night actions without being detected as targeting anyone by Trackers, Watchers or similar roles.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Strongman

The Strongman will, if they perform a kill, have immunity against this action being manipulated with (including Roleblocker, Redirector, etc.) or protected against (including Bulletproof, Doctor, Bodyguard, etc.).
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Voyeur Guesser

The Voyeur Guesser has a 1-shot night ability that allows them to submit the name of one player and one type of night action to the host who will then give a Positive/Negative answer as to whether or not that player has ever been targeted by the named night action.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Voyeur Guesser

The Voyeur Guesser has a 1-shot night ability that allows them to submit the name of one player and one type of night action to the host who will then give a Positive/Negative answer as to whether or not that player has ever been targeted by the named night action.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Taxi Driver

The Taxi Driver may each night target two players and cause their night actions, if they have any, to be transferred to and automatically used by the other player on that same night.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Wildcard

The Wildcard may target someone each night and use a random power on them still left in the game, randomly selected from any other power role in the game. If there are no other power roles left in the game, then the Wildcard's action does nothing.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Desperado

The Desperado may once per game select a target to be killed during a day phase. The target selection and action is posted publicly in the game thread. If the target is scum, the Desperado's kill attempt will be successful, and the Desperado will live. If the target is not scum, the Desperado will die, and the target will live.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Desperado

The Desperado may once per game select a target to be killed during a day phase. The target selection and action is posted publicly in the game thread. If the target is scum, the Desperado's kill attempt will be successful, and the Desperado will live. If the target is not scum, the Desperado will die, and the target will live.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Great Teacher

The Great Teacher may each night target a player. If they target a mafia-aligned player who isn't joined up with the mafia team (i.e. doesn't know who they are), they will become town-aligned.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Journalist

The Journalist will receive a list of events that occured over night and has to write up a flavor story for the start of the next day phase, reporting on these events.

This role can be either mafia- or town-aligned. Given that the role can be of any alignment and doesn't have any real power, it is essentially just a way for the host to add some flavor to the game. Most commonly, the host will have one deadline for night actions and then a second deadline for the Journalist to have his "newspaper" ready by. The Journalist will most often only report on deaths and maybe hint at which roles and factions were behind these deaths.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Lunchbait

The Lunchbait will passively reward the mafia with an extra factional kill if they are ever lunched.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Mad Scientist

The Mad Scientist may once per game choose to mutate another player at night, causing their role to be randomly changed into a different role. The Mad Scientist may not self-target.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town or Mafia Dead Summoner

Once per game, during the day, you may claim this ability to the thread by posting SUMMON ALL DEAD, allowing all dead players to post to the thread during the following night phase. This ability only works in games where the DVC is unspoiled all game.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Town or Mafia Martin's Methodical Tracker

By the end of the first day, you will submit a list of the players to the host.

On the first night, you will attempt to track the first living player on the list. You will then learn who they visited or targeted, if successful.

On the second night, you will attempt to track the next living player on the list. And this repeats for every future night until you have tracked all living players on the list.

The information you gain from tracking is guaranteed to be reliable (ignores tracking immunity and redirection). You can still be role-blocked or otherwise, however.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Town or Mafia Copyright Infringer

Every night you may copy a player's ability and target another player with it. If there are multiple abilities, you randomly pick one. If the abilities consume charges (or a similar mechanic), you are assumed to have the necessary charges. If you copy a day-only ability, you will automatically use it in the next day phase (conditional day abilities may not work within reason; subject to host interpretation).

You will learn about the ability that you have copied once it has been used. The player you copied from will learn about your infringement by the end of the next day, and you will not be able to copy their abilities again.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Town or Mafia Flasher

If you are ever night killed, the killer will be roleblocked if also using any non-lethal ability.

If you are ever lynched, a player of your choice (post-mortem) will lose their innocence, and until the end of game that person’s vote will be worth 0. They will be notified of this.

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Serial Day Killer

Instead of killing during the night, you must kill during the day. The kill is resolved immediately, and if you do not submit a kill before a deadline or yeet, then a kill is randomized out of all players (including yourself.)
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Libertador

You may every night target a player. If that player has been converted to another faction on the immediate PREVIOUS night, the player will be returned to its original faction.

You also have a 1-shot Day Vigilante to use on Day 3.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Big Boss (independent)

You are immune to night kills attempted on you on night 1.

You can and must attempt to convert one player on night 1 and night 2 each.
(The first conversion commutes the target for the night, preventing any kills on the target.)

Upon converting the first player you establish the FOX Operatives Faction and get a private night chat with them.

If your conversion target is mafia, you die.

Converts keep their abilities (if any)

At SoN3 you lose your converting powers and get “Capturing” powers with 100% attempt rate.

Capturing a player sends them to the “Brig”, a special jail where targets will remain until you either die or win the game. (The brig acts like a temporary DVC).

You can assign a capture action to one of your teammates.

Captures count as visits and work on both Town and Mafia.

If you die your faction does not dismantle and they must fulfill the same wincon as if you were still alive but all captured players will be released and the brig is deactivated.

You and your faction win by becoming 50% of the entire population.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Town or Mafia Conquistador

As a night action, pick two targets. If either targets the other in any capacity, you will instead block their action(s) and steal one (randomly decided if both targeted each other) to use on the following night, in addition to your normal night action.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Town Sandwich (Independent, Town or Mafia)

You are a sandwich. But which kind? Each day phase, the amount of votes you receive without getting lynched determines the type of sandwich you are that night. (Self votes don’t count, and vote manipulations can affect the outcome):

If 0 Votes: You are a Lettuce Wrap, and have no caloric benefit.
1: You are a Chicken Salad Sandwich, and are usually ordered by old people and those on diets. You may send a message to another player in the night (<50 words).
2: You are a Fried Chicken Sandwich, and are basically a junk food. You may target any player and the host will send you 3 possible roles that player may be, one of which will be true.
3: You are a Pastrami Sandwich, and are fatty and flavorful. You may target a player, and if that player ever votes for you the next day phase, they will instantly die.
4: You are a Tuna Sandwich, and are high in mercury. You may attempt to shoot another player, but there is a 25% chance you shoot yourself.
5: You are a Hoagie, and should not really be considered a sandwich but people seem to love you for some reason. You may remove yourself from the poll the next day phase. This may not be used on consecutive days.
6: You are a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and not only are you not even a sandwich, you are probably one of the leading causes of diabetes.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty’s Martin's Witch

Every night you may manipulate a player into targeting another player with their role's ability, regardless of requirements unless it makes no sense (ex: using a daytime vote-based killing ability during the night). You can not force self-targets.

Each time you successfully manipulate a player, you will also gain an ingredient to add to your Potion. If they were of identical alignments, you will have a 10% chance to receive a rare ingredient. If they were of different alignments, you will have a 50% chance to receive a rare ingredient (Newt Spleen, Pig Snout or Molted Snakeskin).
Otherwise, you will receive a common ingredient (Batwing or Toadstool).

No one you manipulate will be informed that they were manipulated, though checks and the like will show the result as the new target. If you manipulate a player who is committing a factional kill, you will manipulate the factional kill and any other actions they carry out. You will also gain an extra ingredient.

Each day, you may brew a potion with ingredients you’ve collected. You do not readily know what these potions do but you will immediately glean their rewards when brewed. (Note: the effects are up to the Host to designate as they see fit)

1 Batwing, 1 Toadstool = Stinky Potion
1 Batwing, 1 Newt Spleen (rare) = Putrid Potion
1 Toadstool, 1 Pig Snout (rare) = Grotesque Potion
Some combination of 2 Toadstools/Batwings + 1 Molted Snakeskin (rare) = Sublime Potion

You win if the Town loses either while you are alive or a full cycle (day + night phase) after your death.

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Town or Mafia Role Tinkerer

Every night you may tinker with someone's role-card, giving them a random positive or negative effect from the following:

Possible Positive effects (upon use of next ability):
-Protection on themselves from a standard kill.
-Protection on their target from a standard kill.
-Role-block on their target.

Possible Negative effects (upon use of next ability):
-Standard kill attempt on the target.
-Standard kill attempt on themselves.
-Role-block on themselves (doesn't prevent other tinkering effects).

If you are Mafia, then the chance for negative effects is doubled (so 1/3rd of the time a random positive effect will occur). If you are Town, then the chance of positive effects is doubled (so 1/3rd of the time time a random negative effect occurs).

Tinkering can occur multiple times; it's possible to stack more than 1 effect on a player's ability. Once they use their ability, however, it will consume and remove all current tinkering effects. Effects only last for the phase that they are used in.

If a player uses an ability that triggers the tinkering effects, they will be notified of it. They will not be notified if their role had been tinkered with, but never used an ability. They will not know what tinkering effect had occurred.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Martin's Author

You have the power of plot-kills.

By the end of the first day phase, submit a list of all of the players in the game. On the first night, if the first player on your list is alive, they will be killed (ignoring doctor, bodyguard, or jail-like protects and immunity). On the second night, if the second player on your list is alive, they will be killed (again, ignoring doctor, bodyguard, and jail-like protection and immunity). This continues until the the list has been completed.

Your kills cannot be redirected, nor can they be role-blocked. HOWEVER, if the person is dead by the time you attempt to kill them, your ability will instead do nothing and you will wait until the next night to kill the next person.

You have a one-time automatic night-immunity vest that protects against all but immunity-ignoring kills.

You win and immediately leave the game (you won't kill anymore) if you have successfully killed 4 players when they were alive. You do not win if this becomes no-longer possible, or if you are eliminated by then.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Town Convenience Store Clerk
Or
Mafia Inconvenience Store Clerk

If a player targets you in the night, they will also purchase a type of random convenience store item. When they purchase from you, their vote in the next day will be worth 0, unbeknownst to them.
If you are Town, all items will either have no effect or will be beneficial in some way.
If you are Mafia, all items will either have no effect or will be negative in some way.

You will not know what was sold or what the effect these items have in the moment.

As a one-shot day action, you may choose to close up shop and assess inventory. Upon doing so, you will receive knowledge of which items were sold and exactly what they do. This also means that during the ensuing night, you will still be closed and may not be targeted by any ability except for a killing power.

*Note: it is up to the host to determine the abilities and items sold in the convenience/inconvenience store. Think 7-10 items, with ~33% having no effect

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Jack of all Trades

x3 Blaze
Your role will not reveal when you die and instead be left as a blank role pm.

If you die while this action is activated, you become a Vengeful spirit. You cannot be resurrected or interacted with in any way. This will not work if you die from an elimination (yeet).

x3 Penance Stare
At night and while you are alive, you must target a player to visit and mark them. The target will receive this image.
► Show Spoiler
x3 Tombstone Maker
At night you may target a player. The following day a "Tombstone" with an "Epitaph" wriiten by you in flavor will be posted with the targets name on it.
When you die, these targets will die with you and sent straight to Hell, a place where the dead cannot be interacted with, where you'll also live.

These are your post mortem actions if you die as Blaze. You can use multiple actions per night and you don't have to cycle through them BUT you may not holster them.

x3 Vengeful Spirit
After you die, you'll learn that you are able to kill a player each night phase if a townie was eliminated the previous day. Just select a player's name, and that player will die granted nothing is able to save them each night. You will not be allowed to join any graveyard chats until the game approaches less than 9 players alive. Then you are no longer able to shoot, and join graveyard chat with everyone else. These kills will be independently announced from the standard night results.

x3 Penance Scare
At night, you may target the marked players with the Penance stare, to send them horrific visions about their death.
These visions must be written or designed in flavor and you must not identify yourself.

x3 Hellspawn Commander
At night, you may command all those players in hell to target alive players, to show up in detection and investigation reports.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Town Distraction

Every night a random night-ability that is being used in the same night will be re-directed unto you.

The person who had their ability re-directed will be informed that they were relentlessly annoyed and distracted during the night.

If there is no night-ability to re-direct, then any factional kill will be forced to target you.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Town or Mafia Role-card Self-Swapper

You may, at night, self-swap your role for your target's role.

If the role you attempt to self-swap with can only be held by an alignment that is not your alignment, or if they are an independent alignment, then you will die and the swap will not occur. (Two examples: if the target is an independent role you will die. If they are town and you are mafia, when they have a town-only role, you will die.)
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Tracker

The Tracker may track a player's movements each night and learn who, if anyone, that player used a night action on that same night.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town or Mafia Protector

The Protector may each night target someone and protect their night action, if they have any, from being roleblocked or moved to another target.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Masonizer

The Masonizer may each night target a player, which will recruit them into a Masonry, allowing everyone within it to communicate with each other outside of the game thread. If the Masonizer attempts to recruit a non-town-aligned player, the action will fail and the Masonizer will die in the process. Once added to a Masonry, Masons will stay there permanently (until they die).
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Immeasurably Reckless Townie With A Secret Stash Of Toys

You possess the following inventions. You may only use/give one each night. You cannot both use an ability and give an invention on a single night. Unless otherwise specified, you have a choice of either using a particular invention or giving that invention to someone else. Once you use an invention, you can no longer give that particular invention away.

a) 1-Shot M61 Vulcan: Once per game, you may target a player. You will attempt to shoot the player. Your shot is bulletproof piercing, going through any and all protections. If the target is visited by anyone else, you'll vanillalize them for the rest of the game.

b) 1-Shot Night Vision Goggles: Once per game, you may target a player. You will attempt to watch and track that player ignoring undetectable statuses that they may have.
You neighborize whoever visits your target, making a chat with them with day and night talk. You investigate whoever your target visits and find out if they have any modifiers on them and which ones.

c) 2-Shot Bomb Detector: At night, you may target a player. You will attempt to detect whether it carries bomb items or if they have bomb related roles and how many (Items or shots). Then the following day you may trigger those bombs killing their carriers.

d) 1-Shot Nikita: At night, you may self target. If someone visits you the Nikita will lock and shoot its missile to them, killing them and two more targets sharing a PT with them (Scum chats, Neighborhoods, Mason chats, Cult Chats etc). If you use this shot and nobody visits you, you will lose it regardless.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Caellus Voter

Every day, your final vote comes with an action attached. These actions can't be roleblocked during the night unless your vote has been blocked during the day.

1) Whoever you vote for on Day 1, you will investigate its role the following night.
2) Whoever you vote for on Day 2, you will protect from 1 night kill the following night.
3) Whoever you vote for on Day 3, you will redirect their night action onto another random target the following night.
4) Whoever you vote for on Day 4, you will kill the following night.
5) Whoever you vote for on Day 5, you will track the following night.
6) Whoever you vote for on Day 6, you will investigate and announce to the thread its role number in the Grand Idea thread.

You can never self vote or you will get modkilled.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes

Return to “The Drawing Board”