Syndicate's Grand Idea Thread

Discuss general themes and ideas about game design here.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Syndicate's Grand Idea Thread

Post by Guillotine »

Similar to MS and MU versions. Create a role or write a known standard one and post it here.
Sometime in the future, I'll host a game with roles taken from this thread only.

Let me start

Town Security Guard

Each night, you may target a player. That player will learn whoever else targeted them.
Spoiler: show
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Re: Syndicate's Grand Idea Thread

Post by Guillotine »

Town Crusader

Each night, you may visit a player to protect them from attacks.

You will attack one of your target's visitors (chosen at random) as well.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Izanoomi

You may rename the name of this role if you get it just for the game you are playing it.

Twice per game, you may choose a target during the day and cast “Izanoomi” on it, trapping the target in an eternal time-loop in its own mind. During the day the target will only be able to post the same last post it posted to the thread the previous day, except for the vote (if there was one). The target may vote as it normally would but always accompanied by the same post referred to in this role description.

And every night it’ll perform the same action it was targeted by from the night he was trapped with the Izanoomi, against a random non-mafia player. The target will not be informed of this. If it's a killing action and the random player is already dead, your target will still attempt the action but fail.

The curse will automatically be lifted upon your death.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Town Computer Mouse

Hover: Each phase, you may hover over a player to receive a general summary about what that players role/alignment is all about.

Click: Each night phase, you may click on a player to find out their full extent of their role.

Dead? When you are dead, you are not actually dead. You missing batteries. If someone can gift you batteries, you will come back to life.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Guillotine wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:08 am Similar to MS and MU versions. Create a role or write a known standard one and post it here.
Sometime in the future, I'll host a game with roles taken from this thread only.

Town or Mafia Jack-In-the-Box

The first player to target you with anything (factional kill or not) will die upon completing their action. This doesn't work if they were prevented from completing their action.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Battery Giver

You win when you have given batteries to all the different alignments in the game, and you still alive.

Each phase, you may gift a battery to another player in the game. If there are 5 or less alignments in the game this becomes an each night phase ability.

Your Batteries Types:

-Charged Batteries give a player 1 shot extra vote (may gift 3 of them)
-Poison Batteries poison their target for one phase (may gift 2 of them)
-Retro Batteries make your target talk in 90s slang (may gift 3 of them) (this one may be regifted after one day of talking in 90s slang)
-Sticky Batteries make your target stick whoever they target with abilities causing them to live or die with the target. this ability chains over time. (may gift once)
-Batteries - these have no special ability (may gift 4 of them)

Sticky Battery Message - You have been targeted by someone who has a stick battery in their possess. Anyone you now target will also be connected to you via sticky battery and live and die with you.

Your new optional wincon is: optional game ending Sticky Battery Wincon - Have everyone alive in the game be connected via a sticky battery
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Immeasurably Reckless Soldier With A Secret Stash Of Toys

You possess the following inventions. You may only use/give one each night. You cannot both use an ability and give an invention on a single night. Unless otherwise specified, you have a choice of either using a particular invention or giving that invention to someone else. Once you use an invention, you can no longer give that particular invention away.

a) 1-Shot M61 Vulcan: Once per game, you may target a player. You will attempt to shoot the player. Your shot is bulletproof piercing, going through any and all protections. If the target is visited by anyone else, you'll vanillalize them for the rest of the game.

b) 1-Shot Night Vision Goggles: Once per game, you may target a player. You will attempt to watch and track that player ignoring undetectable statuses that they may have.
You neighborize whoever visits your target, making a chat with them with day and night talk. You investigate whoever your target visits and find out if they have any modifiers on them and which ones.

c) 2-Shot Bomb Detector: At night, you may target a player. You will attempt to detect whether it carries bomb items or if they have bomb related roles and how many (Items or shots). Then the following day you may trigger those bombs killing their carriers.

d) 1-Shot Nikita: At night, you may self target. If someone visits you the Nikita will lock and shoot its missile to them, killing them and two more targets sharing a PT with them (Scum chats, Neighborhoods, Mason chats, Cult Chats etc). If you use this shot and nobody visits you, you will lose it regardless.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Muting Gunsmith

The Gunsmith may each night pass a gun to another player in the game. Guns received from the Gunsmith can only be fired during day phases and have a 50% chance of revealing the shooter. Gun’s shots mutes the target the following night preventing him from talking in any private chats or submitting night actions to the host.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Creeping Vine

During the night, you may target 2 players. You must be rooted to the first target. You will become rooted to the 2nd player.
If an action targets a rooted player, you will be notified of what that action was.
If a rooted player performs an action, you will be informed what action they performed.
If a rooted player dies, all players rooted from that player will also die.
You start the game rooted to yourself.

You win when all players become rooted.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Leaking Vine

During the night, you may target 2 players. You must be rooted to the first target. You will become rooted to the 2nd player.
If an action targets a rooted player, you will be notified of what that action was.
If a rooted player performs an action, you will be informed what action they performed.
If a rooted player dies, all players rooted from that player will also die.
You start the game rooted to yourself.

During the night, you may kill a player you are rooted to. This cannot be prevented. Their flavor for death will include something botanical.

You win when all players become rooted. In additon, all other players will lose the game.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Town or Mafia Hero

Once per game, you may either:

-Kill someone during day or night. This ignores protection.
or
-Survive a day-kill or night-kill. This is automatic, but can be ignored by abilities that ignore protection.

In any case, the host will post what happened (such as you surviving a night-kill or you killing a person during the night) as you are a Hero. You cannot be prevented from using these abilities.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

3P deja vu

You have the same role as your previous game played here.

as an additional wincon, you may also win if you reach the exact same result as you did last game (example, nightkilled night 2 / shot day 1 / whatever)
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Dreaming God

Each night, you must choose one of the following 1-shot abilities to use:
- Lightning
- Death
- World
- Judgement
- Fortune
- Justice
- Sun
- Moon

You do not know what these powers do, until you use them.

(mod note: Assign powers to abilities after role selection)
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Dreaming God

Each night, you must choose one of the following 1-shot abilities to use:
- Lightning
- Death
- World
- Judgement
- Fortune
- Justice
- Sun
- Moon

You do not know what these powers do, until you use them.

(mod note: Assign powers to abilities after role selection)
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Frightened Child With A Flashlight

Starts with 66.6 fear counters.

Every night, you may click your flashlight on. If nobody visits you, remove 12 fear counters.

If someone visits you when your flashlight is on but is a confirmed member of the Town, remove 18 fear counters. If someone else visits you as well, nullify this but don't gain any additional fear counters for any reason.

If someone tries to kill you when your flashlight is on, you do not get killed, but 30 fear counters are added.

If someone visits you when your flashlight is on but is unconfirmed, add a fear counter. If this player is scum, add 8. If this player is third party or alien or werewolf or otherwise monstrous (mod discretion), you will be notified with the message

You saw it.

If you see It again, you will die of fright.

If a player has 21 or more fear counters at the start of a night phase, they will receive a message saying, "It can sense your fear."

Players will not be told how many fear counters they have. Instead, the players will receive a random creepy message each night, like "You feel like you are being watched" (mod discretion). Unless you have your flashlight on and you lost fear counters that night, in which case you'll instead receive a happy or reassuring message.

You win if you have less than 20.8 fear counters and are alive at the end of the game.

-----------------------------------
Last edited by Guillotine on Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Town Or Mafia Coinflip

Once per game during night, you may give all night-actions a 50/50 of failing.

You decide any and all day elimination ties with a list (of priority) that you submit to the host. The host will use the last one you submitted if there's ever a tie.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Scotty »

Blind Dog

You follow your nose because it’s all you’ve got.
As a passive day action, you will receive either a positive or negative confirmation [at end of day] of whether or not a player that has yummy steak that day is not town-aligned (This will include the lynchee, if applicable).
As a night action, you may target 3 people. If any of those 3 people receive votes the next day, they will have yummy steak.

You may not target the same 3 players twice in a row.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Mason
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Mason
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Neighbor
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Neighbor
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Innocent Child
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Innocent Child
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Neighbor
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Neighbor
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

3p Pizza Delivery Driver

At the beginning of the game, all players will be divided secretly by the host into pizza topping preferences, so that each player loves one type of topping, and is allergic to another type of topping. (There should be pizza toppings equal to 1/5 the player count, rounded up. i.e. 22 players = 5 toppings)

Each night, Pizza Delivery Driver visits a player with a two-topping pizza (your choice of toppings).
If one of those toppings is desired by the target, it is a successful delivery and they will be roleblocked that night.
If none of those toppings are desired by the target, they keep the pizza but are unsatisfied with the delivery and the Delivery Driver will start the next day with 1 extra vote against him.
If the target is also allergic to one of the toppings, they will die at the end of the following night [unless they are healed in some form before then].

You win if you successfully deliver pizzas to 4 different people. (This number can change for balancing purposes)

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Stalker

The Stalker can once per game target a player at night. Once selected, the Stalker will track that player every night until either the Stalker or the target dies. This action is unblockable and also immune to redirects, except on the night that the Stalker first uses the ability.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Mafia (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(Tablefipper)

Once per game during the day, randomly re-assign all items currently held in the game.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Psychopathic Bus Driver

Every night you may bus/switch two players. Actions targeting your first and second targets will instead be redirected onto the other (ex: a protection ability on target A will be redirected to target B and vice versa) for that night.

If you self-bus onto another player, and that player either:

-Voted you in the last day phase (Only votes at end-of-day count)
-Used any sort of day ability directly onto you in the last day phase
-Is using any sort of night ability onto you in the same night you are self-busing

they will die (regardless of redirection abilities) as well as causing the usual swap/redirection effects.

You win and immediately leave the game if you either:

-Kill at least 5 players via self-bussing under the conditions above.
-Are alive when the game has 5 or less players and having killed at least 2 players.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Town or Mafia ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(shrug)

By the end of the first day phase, you may select to be either:

-Permanently immune to any and all night abilities, including beneficial ones. Exception is given for abilities that only protect and factional night-kills.

-Permanently immune to any and all day abilities, including beneficial ones. Votes against you will always count for one regardless of vote-based abilities.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Town Animal Balloon

For each vote you receive without being lynched, you accrue an “offvote” total. If you are ever lynched with fewer votes than your “offvote” total, you POP! and remain in the game only as a Stump: for all intents and purposes dead with no vote power, but can post like a regular player until game end.

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Cannoneer

The Cannoneer will each night passively allow the mafia to abstain from shooting to store their factional nightkill and use it another night. If the Cannoneer dies, all stored nightkills are lost.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Neighborizer

The Neighborizer may each night target a player, which will recruit them into a Neighborhood, allowing everyone within it to communicate with each other outside of the game thread. Once added to the Neighborhood, a Neighbor will stay there permanently (until they die).
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Shapeshifter

The Shapeshifter may each night target a player. If the Shapeshifter dies, they will be revealed with the role and alignment of the player they last targeted at night.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town alignment Cop
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Thesaurus Bomber

During the day, if you ever post the following words, you explode killing yourself:

Tinfoil
Positive
Negative
Werewolf
Villager
Copypasta
Suspicious
Universe
Twilight
rand

If someone ever quotes you and replies using one of those words, the player dies instead.

The host will announce the death as "Someones posted a forbidden word and died".

The following night, you may change five words from the list.

New words, may not be 6-letters or shorter.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Death Screamer

If you are killed during the night, the role name and alignment of the killer will be announced to the thread at day start but not the name of the killer.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Town Martin's Coroner

Each night you may investigate any dead player. You will learn:

-What their role and alignment was at the time of their death.
-Whether their death was intentional or not (If the killing ability or effect was not redirected onto them, then it was intentional)
-Whether the killer's alignment was Town, Mafia, or otherwise.

If you investigate a player that died due to end-of-day votes: You will instead learn whether any of the votes against them had counted for more than 1 and which votes those were. You will still learn their true role and alignment if the role flip was altered.

If you are for some reason forced to target a living player with your ability, you will kill them and then be turned into a Vanilla Town.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Martin's Witch

Every night you may manipulate a player into targeting another player with their role's ability, regardless of requirements unless it makes no sense (ex: using a daytime vote-based killing ability during the night). You can force self-targets.

Anyone you manipulate will be informed that they were manipulated. If you manipulate a player who is committing a factional kill, you will manipulate the factional kill instead.

You are immune to any and all investigation checks (producing no result) except for alignment checks (in which case you will be revealed to be a third party). You will not be seen visiting or targeting anyone, ever.

Your day vote is almost always worth 2. It may be affected by vote-altering abilities.

You win if the Town loses either while you are alive or a full cycle (day + night phase) after your death.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by PSINightmareEmpower »

Town Scent Tracker

If a player has been delivered a pizza, the deliciously greasy, tomato-y smell of it will linger on their person for the rest of the game. You can only track players who have a scent. Once per Night you may target a player. If that player has a scent, you will find out who they visited at Night. If they do not have a scent, you will receive "no result". (This is distinct from a "your target visited no one" result, but not distinct from the message given if the player is roleblocked.)

(The host may add additional things that could give a player a scent, if needed.)
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

Town Communication Cop

Once per Night, you may choose a target to find out whether or not they currently have out-of-thread communication with one or more other players.
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

Mafia Ascetic

Any actions directed at you during the Night, aside from kills, will automatically fail.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Mafia Yeet Trickster

If you are the last voter on your own wagon you don’t die.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Town Purist Vanilla

You have no special abilities and never will. You are immune to conversions, inventors, gun givers, item givers, fake gun and item givers, money givers etc. No matter what happens during the game, you will be 100% pure vanilla.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Town or Mafia Elimination Vigilante

(note: You can change "Elimination" to whatever you like such as Chop)

Once per game you can select for someone to be eliminated during the day. This will occur at end-of-day, counts as if it was a usual elimination, and does not consume the town's normal day elimination. Day-kill immunity does not prevent this from occurring unless such immunity includes elimination immunity or protection.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Town or Mafia Bouncy Ball

All kills targeting you, except for factional kills and kills by day vote, will be randomly redirected onto someone else.

This can be role-blocked for a single phase at a time.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Demon Vote Stealer

Demon is an alignment that can only win with groupscum aligned parties that share a PT and can only have passive/reflexive roles.

On odd days, you will steal the vote of whoever votes against you during the day, not only removing the vote against you in question but also gaining that amount of vote for yourself for that day.
I.e Player X votes against you on Day 1, the vote will not be counted, Player X will lose his ability to vote for that day and you will become a double voter, and so on for every player that votes against you.

You are macho every night, meaning you can't be protected.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Fulfiller T-Veronica

Fulfiller is an independent alignment whose win condition is tied to fulfilling a mission. If such mission is not fulfilled for whatever reason, they lose. If fulfillers rand vanilla the mod may assign them another alignment (or a Fulfiller attached to a role with no special Fulfiller mission gets a mission from the moderator).

T-Veronica may each night target a player, putting a spell on them. If that player dies during that night or during the following day phase, they will be resurrected as a zombie. Zombies cannot post or vote or have any actions done to them, but each zombie gives T-Veronica one extra vote. If T-Veronica ever has enough votes to outnumber all other living players, they will win and leave the game. Zombies retain their original win condition and regain consciousness after T-Veronica wins or dies.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Demon Illuminati

As long as you are alive, all town and fulfiller dead flips reveal as mafia aligned. Nothing can prevent this.

(Demon is an alignment that can only win with groupscum aligned parties that share a PT and can only have passive/reflexive roles.)
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Town or Mafia Watchman

Every night you may watch someone. You will learn whoever visits them for that night. However, if they are targeted by any sort of kill, it will be redirected unto you and you will die regardless of protection.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:

Return to “The Drawing Board”