TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Vulgard
27%
No elimination
No votes
No vote / unvote
9%
The institution of sports (host/dead/non)
55%

Total votes: 11
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs [END]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This foolproof method for determining the GOAT has reduced the candidates to:

ilario - Michael Jordan
TonyStarkPrime - Magic Johnson
Nanook - Kareem-Abdul Jabbar
EnderWiggin - Bill Russell
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syn »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:48 pm Thanks to @Syn for putting together some quick banners.

Winners come get 'em.

@EnderWiggin
@ilario
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
@TonyStarkPrime
@Alison
@MacDougall
@Syn
@alexa
can @Esooa get it instead of me?

ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 259
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

definitely at least two top three
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 705

Post by Wiml »

Ftr I initially requested a sub because the game was making me physically unwell and I felt like I had to be toxic to win.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Syn wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:01 pm can @Esooa get it instead of me?
At minimum you're winning. You agreed to sub in and drew a kill. Those are the rewards you reap. I can think about Esooa getting it too rather than instead of.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:58 pm Don't really know who to talk to, please self ban me from the site. Thanks.
I think it would be cool if you stayed
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Syn wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:48 pm Thanks to @Syn for putting together some quick banners.

Winners come get 'em.

@EnderWiggin
@ilario
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
@TonyStarkPrime
@Alison
@MacDougall
@Syn
@alexa
can @Esooa get it instead of me?
but the over night reading
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 532
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

@Wiml

I'm no professional in the field, but as someone who has been playing this silly game for over a decade and gone through some benders myself, if you want to chat I'm down.

Also, you're usually pretty cool to play with and I'd like to see you stay around. :)
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

GG!

When I replaced in, I frankly had no idea what the situation was, and it proved quite dire. With W/W wagons, one of the slots reportedly hurting the players in the game, and the villagers asking me to quickhammer my partner, I knew this was probably not winnable.

Still, I decided to try, and the best strategy I came up with was for us to W/W theater it up with Brad... except he got quickyeeted before that could really take off. We always intended to bus each other there, it just did not really work when we had no time to interact.

Afterward, I tried to pick up the pieces and push some agenda. I determined that my winning world was probably Nanook/TSP after reading my partner's ISO, but truth being told, scumcasing anyone was a struggle. I read LC's ISO and I saw every player in the game being spewed town to some degree... excluding my slot. I also thought my previous slot holder was wolfy on an initial skim of his ISO. I was like "ah. So this is how it ends." If the players here were decent at least, they would notice the indisputable fact I am the only slot alive that isn't spewed town by LC, at least not to the extent that others are. And the player list was certainly far above decent.

I still tried, though, and if nothing else, I'm glad the game at least ended on a positive note - with a final 5 of classic wolfhunting leading to the correct conclusion, where the wolf didn't roll over, but didn't toy with the villagers' feelings (or whatever exactly happened before my subin).

Nanook, my case on you was very much TMI, because I was grasping and I knew it! I knew you were quite villagery and realistically should have been spewed V, I just had to pretend that you were not because otherwise I'd be boxing myself in. Illario was the designated pocket and frankly I didn't want to push him after what he said about my previous slot holder (specifically about the slot being mafia vs town and how it related to its behavior in the game). It would've just felt wrong. My initial push target was Ender, and I received backlash for it as soon as I suggested it, and then I realized he was hard spewed town, so I has to push someone else. Nanook it was. Ender was going to be the nightkill. And while I could have pushed TSP, he seemed like an easier misyeet to push through in f3, or an easier wrong vote on a villager from his side, than any other player left alive.

Wp to the village for finding the wolves, and thanks @Lime Coke for initiating our "two fight, one survives" plan. If only you were not quickhammered. Then again, I feel like we were in the proverbial box regardless. Yeah, you did spew every player alive (except my slot) town, you should probably work on that, but I have no hard feelings. It's just a game and I don't require everyone (or anyone) to have perfect play. Hey, at least your supposedly 2/10 wolfgame survived two days! That's an improvement, judging by how you've described it.

Again, GG to everyone, and I don't regret subbing in, even though it was a losing position. And sorry @ilario that I wasn't town this time, but it do be like that sometimes :(
ImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Nanook, my case on you was very much TMI
Yeh I meant the base of parts of your case relied on tmi that certain living players were town (specifically tsp) and there was incongruity between some of the stuff you were pointing out around tsp and then having tsp in your poe later

I think there was stuff you could've pushed me on maybe, but you probably needed to focus more on "nanook's transcend and ender reads had tmi," the way you framed lime's interactions with me on d3 was pretty inspired tbh (especially given that it should have been clearing lol) and had potential too I think.

You probably needed to push some against tsp too, or at least lay the groundwork, although I suppose taking the "if I were scum I wouldn't push so hard for a miskill that doesn't win me the game" angle in f3.

Idk you subbed into a rough spot and did what you could with it, gg
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Yeah I don't even know what your win path would've been tbh, probably get me to go over at f5, kill ender, and try to win a tsp/ilario f3...but thats pretty hard cause getting me over in f5 requires a lot of extension that makes f3 more difficult.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

Yeah, I can't see a path to victory. I probably would've had a better path to victory if the other players looked worse, but my slot looked by far the worst and I couldn't subvert that no matter how hard I tried. It would've been a different story had I been playing from the start, but with me replacing into a slot that's already buried knee-deep in PoE, dragging it out would require me to somehow get villagerier people to go over. That wasn't realistic in a playerlist like this where you can recognize villageriness.

And speaking of recognizing villageriness, yes I had TMI, but I genuinely think Transcend and illario were super villagery the entire time they were alive. Not sure why they were ever pushed on, and in Transcend's case, yeeted. But since I lack full context, I won't judge.
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

You were definitely in a disadvantaged position, Vulgard. I admire the fight you gave it; it's what makes these games worthwhile.

If I was you, I might have tried killing Nanook and seeing if you could motivate TSP/Ender chops. That would have been very difficult too, so I understand going a different direction. I view Nanook as the one least likely to be convinced by someone else making a case, so I might just take him out and see what I can do with the others. It'd be no fun though since he stands as one of the apparent mischop options himself.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 737

Post by MacDougall »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:02 pm Ftr I initially requested a sub because the game was making me physically unwell and I felt like I had to be toxic to win.
Been there. No need to self ban just take some time off. We can just sign up block you for a while if you want?
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

Vulgard wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:00 am GG!

When I replaced in, I frankly had no idea what the situation was, and it proved quite dire. With W/W wagons, one of the slots reportedly hurting the players in the game, and the villagers asking me to quickhammer my partner, I knew this was probably not winnable.

Still, I decided to try, and the best strategy I came up with was for us to W/W theater it up with Brad... except he got quickyeeted before that could really take off. We always intended to bus each other there, it just did not really work when we had no time to interact.

Afterward, I tried to pick up the pieces and push some agenda. I determined that my winning world was probably Nanook/TSP after reading my partner's ISO, but truth being told, scumcasing anyone was a struggle. I read LC's ISO and I saw every player in the game being spewed town to some degree... excluding my slot. I also thought my previous slot holder was wolfy on an initial skim of his ISO. I was like "ah. So this is how it ends." If the players here were decent at least, they would notice the indisputable fact I am the only slot alive that isn't spewed town by LC, at least not to the extent that others are. And the player list was certainly far above decent.

I still tried, though, and if nothing else, I'm glad the game at least ended on a positive note - with a final 5 of classic wolfhunting leading to the correct conclusion, where the wolf didn't roll over, but didn't toy with the villagers' feelings (or whatever exactly happened before my subin).

Nanook, my case on you was very much TMI, because I was grasping and I knew it! I knew you were quite villagery and realistically should have been spewed V, I just had to pretend that you were not because otherwise I'd be boxing myself in. Illario was the designated pocket and frankly I didn't want to push him after what he said about my previous slot holder (specifically about the slot being mafia vs town and how it related to its behavior in the game). It would've just felt wrong. My initial push target was Ender, and I received backlash for it as soon as I suggested it, and then I realized he was hard spewed town, so I has to push someone else. Nanook it was. Ender was going to be the nightkill. And while I could have pushed TSP, he seemed like an easier misyeet to push through in f3, or an easier wrong vote on a villager from his side, than any other player left alive.

Wp to the village for finding the wolves, and thanks @Lime Coke for initiating our "two fight, one survives" plan. If only you were not quickhammered. Then again, I feel like we were in the proverbial box regardless. Yeah, you did spew every player alive (except my slot) town, you should probably work on that, but I have no hard feelings. It's just a game and I don't require everyone (or anyone) to have perfect play. Hey, at least your supposedly 2/10 wolfgame survived two days! That's an improvement, judging by how you've described it.

Again, GG to everyone, and I don't regret subbing in, even though it was a losing position. And sorry @ilario that I wasn't town this time, but it do be like that sometimes :(
yeah i realised it was more wishful thinking than anything else after a while, oh well maybe next time we play!
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:53 am
Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:02 pm Ftr I initially requested a sub because the game was making me physically unwell and I felt like I had to be toxic to win.
Been there. No need to self ban just take some time off. We can just sign up block you for a while if you want?
Thanks. I'm going to take a full break from now until semis (and actually follow through this time). After that I'm going to have irl things that will hopefully leave me distracted for a while. But yeah, it's probably for the best I just block myself from signing up to any new games for a bit.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Post by Master Radishes »

Did...did you guys break Wiml?

Bruh.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

*hugs* @Wiml

you're awesome and we love you. come back whenever you feel like it. the syndicate will always welcome you here <3 <3 <3
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:01 pm *hugs* @Wiml

you're awesome and we love you. come back whenever you feel like it. the syndicate will always welcome you here <3 <3 <3
Thank you a lot dunya!!!

Return to “Previous Heists”