TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Vulgard
27%
No elimination
No votes
No vote / unvote
9%
The institution of sports (host/dead/non)
55%

Total votes: 11
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 259
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs [Day 4]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Nah I’m currently at ilario/Ender
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Wondering if Ender’s concern over not getting NKed is wolfy
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

???

Explain how illario looks bad off that ISO?
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Also.

"Good wall."
"Bad wall."
"Good wall."

How about you give actual reasons?
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

ilario wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:12 pm But I don’t want to believe winl was mafia. Because then that means, that on d2 the guy really did cross so many lines and for what?? Because he was being correctly fossed by myself and Alexa?? The dude went above and beyond in his emotional gaslighting throughout the game. like sure I can understand that from a town pov being mistreated. But if he’s maf then that means all that toxicity and unnecessary rudeness to us was because we were Reading him correctly??

Idk it’s just like a really sour taste in my mouth and like when I first met him he was like some nice sweet guy, probably the nicest of people I first met coming to the site. Idk how much of my townread on him is based on the fact that I just don’t want to accept he did all that shit as mafia just so we wouldn’t vote him or because he was frustrated at being correctly fossed and needed to vent his frustrations on us.
Do I even want to ask? That probably won't be helpful, I'm just... woah.
Well, the slot is town. Sorry to hear that happened.
ImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs

Post by ilario »

First 3 pages of lime iso

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:07 pm
Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:58 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:57 pm Anyways I’m gonna stick in my town meta and dip
town: alison, doggo, tony

poe: rest

mafia is an easy game guys
.....what?
Lcs reaction to Matt townreading tony. I don’t think? Lc would react that way to a partner being townread, he gains nothing by discrediting that read.

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:24 pm
alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:23 pm imoved my vote to illario but idk how to indicate that in text box
There's a vote button if you want to show emphasis but otherwise you're voting on the poll gimmick.
Throughout the early duration when Alison jumped on me he was actively encouraging people to vote me and got glad when they did. There’s a quote of his reaction to when nanook voted me that’s meant to go with this caption but I guess I forgot to add it and now I cbf going back. If I’m his partner he knows in most cases he needs me to go deep so actively encouraging my wagon d1 is just -ev for him if he’s teamed with me.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:41 pm I forgot my scumreads
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:24 pm
Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:16 pm brad why are you voting ilario
Because Illario does whatever he can to NOT townread me when he and I are town. Even when I'm obvious as fuck town through a WHOLE game, he'll keep me at null and refuse to move me.
This game he started off with a townread on me. That actually caught me off guard and pinged me.
Not how a scum teammate reacts when their partner trs them. Spews me more town.
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:55 am I was eating popcorn.

Why does Nanook have a wagon?
If I squint really hard I wanna say the way lc so casually asks this makes me think he’s not talking about a partner here. I think he would fake more of a reaction to it and try to take a stance on the wagon.
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:14 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:10 am
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:09 am
Transcend wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:06 am i know that brad likes to meme around every now and then but his game this time has a disturbing lack of OOMPH
And you know me meme-ing is NAI back on EM.

Actually it was a PR tell.

But still you know I meme around in games when I feel like it.
LC is a pr
I'm the COP. Checking ESOOA. ESOOA is

I got role blocked.

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:12 am I'm also sussing you LC
Awwww but whyyyyyy?

Kinda(?) good for ender. He was onto LC somewhat early but there’s no follow up from this conversation.

First 3 pages of his iso: he spends most of it talking to trans Alison essoa and Alexa. He has a bunch of random conversations with ender that almost never go anywhere and idk wtf to make of them. Minimal/no interactions With everyone else in the lobby.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:24 pm I think Ilario looks terrible from both the LC iso and independently though
how?
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Vulgard wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:04 pm
ilario wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:12 pm But I don’t want to believe winl was mafia. Because then that means, that on d2 the guy really did cross so many lines and for what?? Because he was being correctly fossed by myself and Alexa?? The dude went above and beyond in his emotional gaslighting throughout the game. like sure I can understand that from a town pov being mistreated. But if he’s maf then that means all that toxicity and unnecessary rudeness to us was because we were Reading him correctly??

Idk it’s just like a really sour taste in my mouth and like when I first met him he was like some nice sweet guy, probably the nicest of people I first met coming to the site. Idk how much of my townread on him is based on the fact that I just don’t want to accept he did all that shit as mafia just so we wouldn’t vote him or because he was frustrated at being correctly fossed and needed to vent his frustrations on us.
Do I even want to ask? That probably won't be helpful, I'm just... woah.
Well, the slot is town. Sorry to hear that happened.
thanks for that, i was very relieved to see it end
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:17 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:07 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:05 pm Y'all seriously have to fucking push me at the worst times?

I'm driving now fuck off for a second.
matt's been pushing you from day one

ilario and i commented that your lack of reaction to that is a bit odd but .. it's not really a push, relax
I know Matt has been pushing me all game I just got annoyed with others coming in on that, sorry.
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:48 pm i'm surprised that alison isn't confident LC is town this game if she ranks his scum game a 2 lols
She's seen how bad I play as scum. You can read our maf chat I was literally asking her what to do the ENTIRE game and did draft posts in the chat.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:51 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:05 pm Y'all seriously have to fucking push me at the worst times?

I'm driving now fuck off for a second.
Theres no hammer today so

Also, like, people push when they push, there's no rule or etiquette that says you have to wait for someone to be online to push them lol
I know, I just got annoyed by that happening right before I leave. I always get pushed at the worst possible times, like when I'm about to go to sleep or about to drive and I'm forced to stay on and defend myself otherwise it looks like I froze and I'm outed because I leave the game when I start being pushed.
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:53 pm @Lime Coke can you explain your townread on Nanook/out an ordered reads' list when you have a chance?
I'll answer the question first;

I started townreading Nanook early for townreading and coming to your defense in the early game. That's actually it, I haven't really read him since then because he was away until today while I was at work so I haven't paid enough attention to his posts.

He started the game with nanook as one of his first trs for fairly bad reasoning. Prior in his iso he has nanook in his top trs.
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:23 pm READLIIIIIIST:

Town:
Alexa
Esooa
Ender
Alison
Illario
Wiml
Mac
Nanook
TSP
Transcend
Maf:

The bottom 3 are more POE.
In a read list right after that nanook is third last? Even under slots he hasn’t mentioned all game, such as wiml. He doesn’t interact or out any reads on wiml so it’s strange to see wiml places above nanook.
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:30 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:25 pm oh nvm you had ender/nanook town not tsp
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:24 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:23 pm READLIIIIIIST:

Town:
Alexa
Esooa
Ender
Alison
Illario
Wiml
Mac
Nanook
TSP
Transcend
Maf:

The bottom 3 are more POE.
wait what changed on TSP/Nanook?
Like I said I noticed the Nanook defense of you early but I can't remember reading him otherwise. Others that are above him I've been reading and been thinking "Okay, they feel pretty towny to me currently."
Can’t remember why I quoted this again
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:33 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:32 pm NANOOK didn't you say you felt lime was villaging after wolfing with him?
Exactlyyyyyy
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:35 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:34 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:33 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:32 pm NANOOK didn't you say you felt lime was villaging after wolfing with him?
Exactlyyyyyy
I have zero memory of saying this
I swear you did.
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:38 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:36 pm it may have been ender who said it
Ohhh you might be right.
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:39 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:37 pm A quick search for lime in my iso and I don't see it, so

I'm reasonably sure I didn't say that lol, maybe it was ender or Alison
It was Ender that was my bad.
He mixes up what ender and nanook said and misremembered their lines. It’s unlikely he would forget what his own partner said for someone else’s lines so ender and nanook do look better after this sequence. Whilst it isn’t not out of the realm of possibility he faked that, I think more likely than not it was real.
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:39 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:38 pm Wiml just feels like solid town to me
Same.

First time he mentions wiml ever. Simply just agreeing they’re solid town after someone else has made the read.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

I’d say based on the fourth page of his iso ender and nanook look good
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Meh if what he did was acceptable as town then its acceptable as mafia
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs [Day 2]

Post by ilario »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:55 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:53 pm like when wiml responded to me town reading transcend

I immediately felt he was a wolf who know transcend was town

it also had to do with transcend being town
Oh...no is this a TMI read?
The lack of follow up on this read is somewhat concerning. He asks esooa the question but never really cares to get an answer or probe any further.

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:39 pm
Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:36 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:32 pm
Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:31 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:29 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:55 pm [VOTE: wiml] aubergine
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:55 pm now I am trying to wagon you fren
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:56 pm transcend you have a chance to save yourself here.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:57 pm
Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:56 pm Turtl can stay

This will show my true token of friendship

Bowing out to save a friend
If you are town and do this and he is a wolf I am gonna not in in any games with you again. Not hostile but I just don't vibe that.
Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:58 pm Fine i'll self pres
TRANSCEND CHANGES HIS VOTE TO WIML HERE
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:58 pm [VOTE: transcend] aubergine
YOU'RE SAYING THAT YOU DIDN'T DO THIS!?
I'm sorry but I don't see what point you're trying to prove.
ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS IS NOT SCUMMY OF HIM?

HE LITERALLY CHANGES LAST SECOND TO TRANSCEND AFTER TELLING TRANS TO SWITCH HIS VOTE!

WHAT WAS THAT????
I think it's less scummy than him attempting to flip me tbh.

We're both aware that I'm very difficult to miselim and in a game like this if me/you/alexa/Esooa/illario are all town then wolves absolutely need to find opportunities to miselim in that group or the game is a lock for us.

So I don't think Mac switching to Trabs is inherently wolfy tbh even though there are a lot of valid reasons why he's probably a wolf here.
Dude, he basically gained Transcend's trust, then shook his hand, then when Transcend turned around he punched Trans in the back of the head.
This might be the first set of interactions that looks kinda okay for wimls slot. It looks like lc is trying to appeal to him in this sequence.

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:36 pm THE FACT THAT MAC HAS GONE FROM GOING TO WIML, THEN SWITCHING TO ME, THEN TRYING TO PUT ALEXA BACK INTO THE POE BEING COMPLETELY OPPORTUNISTIC OF ESOOA'S PARANOIA FROM DAY 1, DESPITE ALEXA BEING OBVIOUS TOWN, IS WOLFY FROM MAC!

HE'S SEARCHING FOR A TARGET TO TAKE DOWN THAT'S NOT HIM!
Okay he criticizes mac for switching from alexa to himself to wiml. He emphasises in this sequence “alexa being obvious town”. But he doesn’t comment on Wilms alignment at all.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:40 pm

Meh if what he did was acceptable as town then its acceptable as mafia
i wouldnt say its acceptable as either alignment. its understandable as town, especially if you feel extremely cornered and upset that you're being misunderstood. its unfathomable to be upset as mafia to people for actually playing the game and fossing someone who indeed is mafia....

I don't think its unfathomable, a lot of mafia get pissed off if they feel like they're playing well and getting pushed for what they see as bs reasons

I don't think its good behavior as either alignment but its not ai in this case I don't think
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Vulgard wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:44 pm ???

Soft-hard LC defense from Ilario throughout, note how LC clearly TMIs Alexa but treats Ilario differently
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

thred ded
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:48 pm

Soft-hard LC defense from Ilario throughout, note how LC clearly TMIs Alexa but treats Ilario differently
Did u read my whole iso?
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 532
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

Okay this air is too dead.

Time for me to re-go over non-associatives. I'll do that in a bit once I've got dinner sorted.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.

Dead air dead villager, no vote must be town
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:43 pm Hard townread Transcend
Tbhhh this read looks a lot better now knowing that the reason noook had it was because of the Batman game and him withholding that as the reason to tr Matt all that time is >rand town. I think mafia is more likely to make up a reason for why they trd Matt as strongly as noook did on d1
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Oh I forgot to mention if there’s one thing I took from lcs iso was that he spews nanook town. I think his big case on nanook was an attempt to take advantage of people wanting to vote out nook the day prior.

I’m in the process of rereading My reads reset but felt like I should mention the spew part befor I forget
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:48 pm

Huh. My impression was that LC was specifically keeping illario around and occasionally casting doubt on his read on the slot so that he could push illario lategame.

I’m going to ISO-dive now to see if I agree with clearing Nanook.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:04 pm
Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:03 pm
alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:46 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:26 pm
alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:58 pm Can people please shut up about their townreads? If you townread someone, don't say anything. Keep your townreads alive.

Only YOU can protect townreads.
I used to think like you

Then I took an arrow to the knee and became enlightened
that was a copypasta. :P I out townreads all the time.
unfortunately I don’t have any real reads yet and all the snap-opinions I have are hedgy so I’m going to keep them to myself until further notice
why would u keep any thoughts that u have to urself? if u had thoughts that could potentially break us out of rvs, why wouldn't u dish them out?

this post looks slightly performative.
More people should keep thoughts to themselves tbh, then we wouldn't have as many bloated threads
Largely agree on principle, but that's beside the point.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:46 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:15 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:13 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:02 pm Because I respect a lot of the players in here, and people I respect have respect for some of the other players.

Which suggests it's a strong field.
Meh most players are not that hard to read
what reads do you have rn
You and transcend are billboard town

Ender is probably town

Someone else idr who but im sure its in my iso
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:47 pm So I'm 2 short of lock I think
I kinda like this sequence for its cockiness.

Townreads at this point are Transcend, alexa, Ender. 3/3. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, just keeping track for myself.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:05 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:24 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:21 pm
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:19 pm Honestly I think both wolves are probably just in Transcend/blade/Nook/Mac.
This is an insane read
i actually agree with it atm
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:22 pm alexa is obviously town.
illario is obviously town.
Esooa and LC are both in their town ranges.
I'm waiting for more responses but I honestly don't think alison would fake a derp clear like that for no reason?
Willing to sheep the TSP meta for now as well.
i mean i don't think alison is town for that reason, she quite literally admitted she'd fake a derp, but i've found her villagery by play thus far
Its a horrible poe lol

Horrible might be overselling it ig but

I'm pretty sure it has at minimum three town and probably four
That's actually pretty true. Now, he could say this because he has TMI on it, but horrible PoEs from town benefit wolves, so minor townpoints for Nanook here.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:39 pm
Transcend wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:34 pm Describe why ilario is scum in like 20 words
The reason that ilario is scum in like twenty words is because they randed mafia this game. That's twenty exactly.
Approach to wolfreads seems incredibly lazy at best.

1. I think the read is wrong.
2. The strength of the conclusion doesn't match the strength of the reasoning, which makes it feel like he's not playing by discovery.

He's certainly very cocky throughout the earlygame, but that's not villagery on its own unless it goes with villagery posts. His posts so far have been alright, but I townread mostly the cockiness and I dislike the approach to scumreads specifically. The three townreads were likely correct, but they also came from nowhere. The towniest thing is that Nanook seems to really believe in his reads, considering how he's treating them with mild arrogance and a decent level of attachment.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:13 pm Shrug

Ok fine

When you guys are done killing me transcend and, idk, probably tsp, and you're looking around trying to figure out who could possibly be mafia, come back to my iso cause my legacy is gonna be good as hell
I feel like by this point he's been on the way to completely boxing himself out by throwing a townread on TSP into the mix if he's mafia.
No, I don't know what to make of this. Not sure why TSP's name is even here.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:23 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:22 pm Meh im only at 4 locks if I don't count myself

Trans ender alexa and esooa

So need two more

I'll find them later probably
If ilario mafia tsp is a fifth lock

If im wrong on trans mac becomes lock town
Oh.
...Idk. What I'm reading feels like a villager solving in his own way, but the lack of explanation behind each read, coupled with him being alive despite being super correct (literally everyone he called town flipped town so far), makes me doubt it. The cockiness and projected attachment to reads are definitely the best look for him, but it feels like he could certainly fake that as mafia.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:15 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:13 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:12 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:11 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:10 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:04 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:02 pm

I mean it's not impossible, my accuracy is wildly variable

I do feel pretty confident about this game tho so take that for what it's worth
i think you're very wrong on ilario. is that where you're confident?
like people who have played dozens of games with him are calling him obvious town - does that mean nothing to you?

i am willing to sponge your townread on transcend for 1 day if that's enough to let you sponge my townread on ilario then we find the remaining wolf partner to your ilario/x and my transcend/x world

what do you think?
I'm much more confident in my townreads

It means something, but not enough to change my mind atm

Ok, sure, would you rather vote wiml with me? That's my current second option
why do you scumread wiml? i'm just coming around to feeling confident he's town
His poe is, as I've mentioned previously, real bad

And he's otherwise meh

So thats probably where else I'd be interested
don't you care to find the logic behind his reads?
I care much more about the reads than the reasons for the reads 90% of the time
Explains a bit.
But it's not really helping.
I've read through his day 1. The things I've noticed are that he seems cocky, his reads have proven very accurate (there's a "lime could be mafia" thrown in at eod1 and lime was mafia), and he seems to have some attachment to his townreads specifically. Those townreads were highly accurate, if not 100%.
His pushes on wolves are lacking. He claims to have low confidence on them, so he spends the majority of day 1 correctly defending Transcend.
Him being alive could be explained by the fact LC decided to push on him on day 3, but I've already explained how LC didn't even seem to care about the push, so.

At this point, gun to head I would say town because of the combination of independent solving + confidence + cockiness + attachment, but I think this is still firmly in wolfrange. Not specifically his wolfrange, I don't know his wolfrange, but the general wolfrange of a decent wolf (which I assume he is).

I think I'm going to stop here and post day 2 separately, I don't want all my posts to be walls.
ImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:32 pm I don't think its unfathomable, a lot of mafia get pissed off if they feel like they're playing well and getting pushed for what they see as bs reasons

I don't think its good behavior as either alignment but its not ai in this case I don't think
Then if I take it as nai my reads are vastly different. I’ve reading the game wiht this thought in mind and a lot of his content is just scummy
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

ilario wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:53 pm I think nanook ender back to back wins the game

Don’t think it’s vulguard and that eod was good for tsp, lc also had interactions that didn’t look partnery with tsp

Enders had villagery moments and his push on lc was good, but lc likes to be bussed and he didn’t react to Enders pressure nearly the same way in which he reacted to other townies pressure
Lmao after actually reading I think the reverse now. I’m only 1/5 done so this is subject to change but I’ll out my thoughts in a bit.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

ilario wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:48 am
ilario wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:53 pm I think nanook ender back to back wins the game

Don’t think it’s vulguard and that eod was good for tsp, lc also had interactions that didn’t look partnery with tsp

Enders had villagery moments and his push on lc was good, but lc likes to be bussed and he didn’t react to Enders pressure nearly the same way in which he reacted to other townies pressure
Lmao after actually reading I think the reverse now. I’m only 1/5 done so this is subject to change but I’ll out my thoughts in a bit.
When I mean in reverse I specifically meant this part btw
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

By the way, if I'm yeeted today, then I won't blame anyone for it. I didn't blame anyone in DragonVale, either; it just kinda happens when you're POE due to prior play, and I'm notoriously bad at clearing myself.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:29 am Its also ridiculous that I have 114 posts and its the second lowest total in the game

Yall need to find some chill
What even was this game?
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Vulgard wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:50 am By the way, if I'm yeeted today, then I won't blame anyone for it. I didn't blame anyone in DragonVale, either; it just kinda happens when you're POE due to prior play, and I'm notoriously bad at clearing myself.
The biggest thing I care about is that I'm very confident illario and Ender are both just spewed from LC and you should not yeet whichever one survives to f3.
ImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:37 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:36 pm [VOTE: ilario] aubergine

Im hard defending alexa, a decision i surely will not regret
Welcome to the squad.
doesnt read like maf vs maf, one partner encouraging another to hop onto a ML just a few pages into the game. maf usually spreads their votes out.
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:54 pm @alexa

If you're still on, serious question:

How confident are you in Illario being town currently?
lmao dont say he doesnt spew me town given how much he asks alexa to affirm her tr on me, he gains nothing by doing that if we're partners, and i wouldnt let him do that either.
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:19 am
Transcend wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:14 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:13 am
Transcend wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:06 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:05 am Currently in Esooa/Wiml/TSP/Nanook right now.

Pending stuff from Wiml.
ur poe is all the current lhf?

why esooa in particular?
Esooa has a lack of quality content. =P

But really I haven't seen anything that puts her outside her scum range yet.

Also, I respect her wolf-game a lot.
to be fair i thought she didn't stand out as much as others

but i looked at her iso and it's p towny

do the same for me and tell me ur conclusion
First like 9 posts are just Esooa throwing things out into the void. At this stage there's no difference between standard Esooa models or flavours.

Alexa response is nice but easily inside her scumrange.

Mac wolf read is just there.

Her "For what" on being called towny is kinda rand!v but also not something I have a harder townread for her on.

Back and forth with LC is NAI

The only thing I kinda think is maybe towny is that wiml is in the game and if Esooa is scum and Wiml town or even w/w together I feel like she'd be putting a lot of effort into being an impressive wolf.

But still not enough to take her out of my bottom four rn. I'm confident I'll find the town in Esooa if it's there tho.
good post from ender, i remember tr'ing this on d1
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:28 am Everyone is having reads on LC where I have not read a post from LC
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:02 am oh it’s a different LC
slightly non partnery? i feel like as a partner tsp will be inclined to take a stance on lc here, as well as mixing up who lc was. yeah its not hard to fake but it didnt feel overdone enough to feel faked ig.

Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:28 am
Alison wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:53 am
ilario wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:48 am
Alison wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:45 am Wiml is pretty scummy.
is this ur first game with him?

i had a slight ping with him over something minor but ill give him time to catch up first, if hes town hes good at obv-towning himself
His catchup felt like he was holding back and a little nervous, which I'd expect him to be if he rolled wolf in this playerlist. He also shrank away from taking firm stances; I think the strongest read he had was that Transcend seemed excited to play and that was townie. Which is a pretty meh read.
This is false. I've read up to page 3 of the thread and I've externalised exactly two reads: Transcend being town from his entrance (one reason for that is what I mentioned to illario because it was relevant to the conversion from his entrance) and alexa being town as well. Those are literally the only stances I've made so saying I've shrank away from making firms ones is incredibly disingenuous.

Saying I'm nervous is also just blatantly untrue and I'm interested in hearing how you could get that impression from my posts?
pretty bad and scummy rxn to pressure. he calls alison out for being blatantly untrue but the way he handles her slot is very diplomatic.
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:38 am
Alison wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:42 am
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:36 amillario is town
Tell me more about this read.
I'm not going to call it a godread because it's slightly less confident than that but I he's generally a really easy player to find as town from meta. The only player in this game probably better at reading him than me is alexa.

But one thing in particular that I can actually explain here is illario's approach to scumreads, specifically his mild scumread on me. I'll explain in more detail later if necessary but he has this thing as town where he doesn't like outing scumreads unless he's pushing them really hard because he's paranoid about how people will react to them (which is why I had to respond to him earlier to tell him to out his read on me) which I don't think he is self aware enough of / capable / willing to replicate as a wolf.

Also weak reason but he probably just doesn't lightly scumread me at all if he's actually a wolf. He knows he has to kill me lol.
i mentioned this on d1 earlier and his meta on me pinged me at the time. it was his first read that wasnt surface level but the meta is just completely untrue. im the last person to be paranoid about how people react to me and a big part of how i get reads is through interactions. also the bold part just feels like false bravado, hes putting on. if im wolf wiml is my wincon in this lobby lmaoo my goal would be to take him to endgame considering how hard he trs me and hes much easier to yeet compared to other slots in this game.
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:48 am
Esooa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:45 am
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:38 am He knows he has to kill me lol.
nah

not flaming but I saw something earlier where someone was like "who would you push as a wolf here" and the response limited the pool to like.... 4 people? Maybe. I just don't think that's how a wolf would *actually* approach this game. Like, realistically in a vacuum you can say a wolf "wouldn't" push

Myself, yourself, Alison, Mac, Alexa, maybe Ender/illario, people are probably gonna know LC is town if he's town, that's like 8 names
That's true for most wolves but illario is a player who strongly focuses on his interactions with the people who know him best regardless of his alignment. He made a comment earlier where it was obvious that if he were a wolf he would have already decided I wasn't a viable miselim and that's at odds with his very soft push on me is what I was really meaning.
again, more false meta. feels like hes floundering to say anything insightful so hes making up meta. i actually focus more on interacting with slots i dont know/dont have a read on. look how hard i tried to work with mac this entire game and how many times ive tried to engage with nook/tsp to work with me on their reads.
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:38 am
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:32 am
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:31 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:28 am are you sure
Like 90% confidence and I haven't even read half the game yet.
why

..i mean i know you have a good read on me but this is fast even for you

Do you really want me to do a post by post analysis? You know how I read you and it's going to be a huge waste of time when you're obvtowning anyway.

But I read through Deck Mafia 1 recently for reasons unrelated to this game. I thought your opening was wolfy but then you made a bunch of posts I don't think you would be able to replicate as a wolf and then I mostly ignored you lol.
okay so he admits doing a post analysis on alexa is a waste of time, ESP considering nobody srs her.
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:51 am
alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:59 pm kind of gut townreading EnderWiggin
alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:05 pm
ilario wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:04 pm hiiiiiii im in class for the next few hours i did a very quick skim (<5 mins spent)

quick fire reads i think matt/lime/essoa town
alexa scum
LMAO WTF WHY
alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:08 pm damn brad is better at reading me than illario O____O (assuming illario is town which he prob is for that opening lol he'd be too coward to as wolf 2 games in a row)
alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:19 pm ehhhh im remembering the last time i townread illario for FOSing me because i thought he would want to try to catch me was actually his wolf game so im rescinding that townread, i think hes being too uncharitable toward me
alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:20 pm i did feel like it was different here fwiw though but yeah, he's not anne (in the sense that i know anne wouldn't fos me immediately as scum cuz she knows it frustrates me)
alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:25 pm [VOTE: illario] aubergine
Some of these need context but whatever. This is just from alexa's first 50 posts, I can do the rest but you get the point.

I'm not spending any more time explaining my read on her because it's literally a waste of time and she never gets miselimned this game if she's town.
but he ends up doing it anyways for no reason whatsoever. it looks like maf trying to do busywork. ironically enough the posts he even quote arent even that towny for alexa, she had a bunch of quotes outside her scumrange in the early game and her managed to quote the ones she could actually fake as wolf quite easily. defending alexa for no reason is actually something i noticed that wolves who dont know what to say end up doing, it makes them look productive without being actually productive.
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:11 am
Transcend wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:55 am Wiml why are you voting me

All I see is that I'm no longer in your towncore

Explain more
There wasn't a huge amount of thought into it because I'm still not caught up tbh. I think you're the most actively wolfy person in the thread right now.
very yikes and basic level 0 reasoning to sr matt. vague and just lazy, he puts so much effort into towncasing alexa but nothing to explain his matt read.

Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:58 am Need 5 players to lock the game and alexa and illario are honestly freebies and should never be miselimned this game without me even needing to explain that lol.
this is the main reason i trd him on d1. i think in a vacuum this line is towny, because hes solving from a mindset to lock the game. hes also locked himself out of ever pushing me or alexa with this read, this is bad for a wolf since they need 4 mls to win the game and by townlocking 2 people already that only leaves 7/9 potential town slots left to push, excluding nightkills. the problem was, first gamesolving never progressed past this point. he had 2 townlocks but all the way uptil the day he left he never really worked to expand that pool. its also suboptimal for his agenda as a potential wolf since he spews me and alexa hard town if he ever gets limmed.
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:07 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:02 am
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:58 am Need 5 players to lock the game and alexa and illario are honestly freebies and should never be miselimned this game without me even needing to explain that lol.

Gutsy play if wolf cuz I am gonna take these as town locks if you flip and they almost certainly are.
Correct and you *probably* should.

I'll re-ISO them later on just to be confident but these are sheepable reads tbh. Ideally I can make enough strong towncases before EoD to literally just lock the game and I honestly think that's going to be fairly easy looking at the players we have here.
mac sorta says what im thinking here.
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Nanook spends d2 and a large part of d1 hardpushing my slot. And continues to push illario's slot day 2 despite me being very confident it's a town slot.
Calls lime and TSP PoE on day 2, but "less interested in killing."
Realistically that means he has at least three townies lined up to yeet before he hits the wolf in LC.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:13 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:03 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:01 pm I can kinda see the progression Nanook has and it's pretty reasonable. Like he snap scumread Ilario for what appears to be outing a pretty bad read on Alexa who he was townreading from the get-go and kinda shielding. Wiml defended ilario and Nanook didn't like that so he's content to see Wiml punished for it.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME if you think Ilario is a wolf what is your plan to actually resolve him given he's read town by practically everyone?
Say I told you so and be smug while people get pissy at me in post
This is a half serious answer

Either we're in a world where I have a better read on ilario than his friends, in which case I'm going to die before he does and he either skates to a win or his friends eventually realize he's mafia in f3 and pretend that they're great for catching him despite me correctly calling him scum in like 2 seconds while they omgused me on his behalf

Or we're in a world where I'm wrong and I've identified the wrong misclear in the towncore/it's two others in my poe

Either way, looking at this pragmatically he's not dying and I'm not going to successfully push him over, so

Hopefully you guys are right and I'm wrong
I actually really like this post. This exudes quintessential town confidence.

Like, on a tonal level, on the "believing your reads" level, Nanook looks pretty good. It's just his specific pushes I take issue with.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:38 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:20 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:19 pm How dumb of a read would it be to say that lime is town cause he's using large font and bold and he didn't do that in the joat game iirc
I'm desperately trying to improve the standard of play right now so very
Instructions unclear, town locking lime
Interesting how he removes the only wolf in his PoE for bad reasons. He could do this while lacking TMI and not knowing what he's doing, but the fact he removed specifically the only wolf is concerning.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:35 am
ilario wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:12 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:08 am
ilario wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:56 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:55 am For instance Wiml may have passed quantity markers but he has made no reads that I look at as being outside his wolf range.

Nanook has not passed any quantity markers but his reads have been more challenging to make than Wiml's reads have been.
i actually agree with this statement
Half the posts of yours I read you're saying what amounts to "yeah I guess X thing from nanook is a bit townie"

And yet I'm still your top scumread

Wild

It really isn’t that wild considering I’ve had statements like that for every player in every game I’ve ever randed town. Everyone has towny moments, but if those moments are few and far in between, and I have to squint pretty hard to read it as towny, then more often than not it’s just mafia.
I mean I think you're just full of shit obviously and have to keep scumreading me to keep the poe intact, but on the off chance you're not then you should probably get better glasses/reevaluate your process
The illario scumread continues to have genuine-looking confidence and belief behind it, it's just the fact he insists on it despite evidence to the contrary fmpov. Like Nanook talks about Transcend being billboard town, I think illario is billboard town and scumreading him at this point seems like keeping PoE broad enough to win.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:58 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:40 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:38 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:37 am Unrelated but wtf was Alison's D1 read on you that game lol.
I don't really remember her read so idk

Which townreads do you think are controversial?
"just want to make sure this doesn't slip through the cracks cus of notification shenanigans, i was wondering whether your read that we are town because of the level of comfort in revealing that nanook pees while he drives was from made or alison?"

And anything that isn't alexa/illario/Esooa tbh.

Speaking of illario if you also wouldn't mind explaining that read I'd appreciate it.
Lmao yeah that was an interesting one

I didn't like ilario's interactions around alexa early, there were a couple posts that showed a combination of awkwardness and self awareness that reads as scummy to me. I think his trans handling was kinda meh, but that's harder to judge. I think he's mostly been pushing pro scum poe, although tbf he's not alone in that regard fmpov.

Its a bit of an ego tunnel atp I guess but I don't really care

Mac had a townie eod1, and I think the work he's done today is largely out of his scumrange. That may be a bit of an exaggeration, and the counterargument is that if he's mafia here he's likely trying his ass off given the playerlist, but yeah, I think given his reads and his play he's probably just town

Ender is a bit of a lazier read tbh, he reads similar to his play in scythe to me, and I have a decent record of correctly tolerating him, so I just locked it in.
The bolded interestingly assumes alexa's town, though given his prior expressed read on the slot, this isn't too nonsensical.
If his main reason to push illario is off an association with a townread, then it's a problem, because it's essentially veiled chainsawing rather than pushing illario for anything independent. And sure, "awkwardness/self-awareness" is independent enough in a vacuum, but he specifically ties this to alexa.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:05 pm Anyways now that we've killed two people in the collective poe that I correctly townread can we start killing the people I want to kill or are we just gonna keep doing the same thing and hoping it works
SoD3.

The problem is that he's been pushing villagers.
D2 he also didn't really do much defending of Mac despite calling him town, so this doesn't feel genuine whatsoever.
ImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Vulgard wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:50 am By the way, if I'm yeeted today, then I won't blame anyone for it. I didn't blame anyone in DragonVale, either; it just kinda happens when you're POE due to prior play, and I'm notoriously bad at clearing myself.
Yeah I’m really sorry if ur town and getting punished for the actions of ur predecessor. I really wished u were town with me again when I saw ur sub since I had a lot of fun having you wiht us in dragonvale and the thread kinda died with you tbh. But I’m trying to take away emotion from my read through and on an objective level a lot of wimls posts are just scummy. I wanna try and read more before eod today but I figured I’ll update people on my thoughts rn.

I think ender has the most towny lines d1, from the people I’m reading through that are alive rn though that’s not hard considering that nook and tsp didn’t speak that much and wimls I sorta Address in my walk. Nook looks good based on how lc played around his slot and almost all his stances this game has been pro-town in hindsight. Tsp is tsp idk what else there is to say regarding him upto the point im at on my rr, dudes an enigma but he might be a town enigma.

I probably won’t engage much with the thread from now till eod cos I still got a bunch of reading to do and wanna prioritize that.
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Nanook's stances being pro-town actually concerns me, because you're right. He's fairly consistently been taking pro-town stances from what I've seen so far, but that's suspicious in and of itself, because I can't see how a villager could always take pro-town stances. They don't have TMI, they will be wrong, and they will help the wolves at some point, won't they?

I pointed out how he pushed villagers, that's really the only thing he did this game that wasn't pro-town and he didn't even try super hard to strongarm people into it during the earlygame. His townlist has been super pure all game.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:10 pm Theres a chance I have the alexa ilario thing backwards and she's the mafia but I don't really think that's worth exploring atm
Re: reading illario off interactions with alexa, yikes. Lining up for a double misyeet here potentially.
Caveat being that if Nanook's the last wolf alive after yesterday, I doubt he kills alexa in that case.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:18 pm If we collectively sheep strong townreads on players who have experience with each other there's only one mafia and its tsp

So

Yeah

Thats a bit of an issue
Why can't TSP be mafia? I know the point is "there's only one mafia and that's the problem," but it also looks like he dismisses the whole thing because it's specifically TSP.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:28 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:26 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:25 pm Like, ok, let's look at this collectively

Mac has a ton of experience with me and we found each other before he died, normally thats a sheepable read

Alexa and ilario have a bunch of experience with each other and vouch for each other, wiml also has experience I believe and vouches for both

I have experience with ender and vouch for him

I don't know if this applies to lime or not but I think he's been largely townread afaik so I'm counting it

So that leaves wiml and tsp. Iirc Alexa vouched for wiml prior to today, or am I remembering wrong?

So, yeah, you guys see the problem here yes?
i'm not vouching for wiml anymore. the only person i'm shielding is illario and even then i'd re-val
My point is that unless the team is exactly wiml/tsp (and arguably even if it is) there's been a serious misclear along the way
Yeah, sure?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:30 pm Also the fact that alexa and ilario are both still alive atp pretty strongly suggests one of them is mafia
Sure. This is why I'm saying that alexa dying last night is a good look for Nanook.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:54 am Anyway do we need to drag this day out? It's fairly clear wiml is almost certainly dying, we have over 5000 posts to make reads on, and we can build clear worlds around wiml's flip either way imo

So yeah I say we hammer and go from there
Megayikes. I don't think I need to explain why this one's bad. If I didn't push on LC upon replacing in, the game would be in LyLo right now.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:12 pm
alexa wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:42 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME what are your most confident townreads right now?
Not sure they're largely conditional rn

Probably you
Interesting how the confidence Nanook has on his townreads drops as the game progresses, which is consistent with the scum wincon being to misyeet as many villagers as possible. He said at SoD3 that he wanted to kill people he wasn't shielding, but now he is only shielding alexa, and beforehand he said that alexa could be mafia if illario is not. This is a very opportunistic progression that lends itself well to closing out the game by getting a couple more misyeets.

I am also nothing that Nanook barely reacted to Lime's case on him, which is consistent with my assertion that the case was merely for optics. In fact, this actually means that neither one ever cared, and that's strongly W/W indicative.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:03 pm I tried to kill lime instead of mac at eod2 so I think we can all agree im lock clear now
D4.
Absolutely not, there was no strong motion from Nanook to kill Lime at the time. I've just read his ISO, there isn't anything of the sort.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:07 pm Vulgard probably town too
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:08 pm I guess the bar is higher atp but it sure seems like its between vulgard and ilario to me and I'm ok with trusting alexas read for now
Lol.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:57 pm Hammering what was at that point close to a foregone conclusion doesn't clear tsp lol
Notice how he refuses to clear anyone.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:36 am Imagine trying to kill mafia at eod, that same mafia trying to hard push you the next day...and then you're the top suspect the next day cause everyone decided to revert to the shitty poe again
Salty wolf?
This ISO is getting worse by the minute. He did not try to kill Lime at any point unless I'm blind. There were a couple of moments when he kinda pushed Lime but he then walked it back entirely. Day 3 he wanted to push my slot over Lime fairly consistently and only voted Lime because it was a foregone conclusion.

He now uses the "Lime pushed me so I am clear" argument despite not even reacting to the case when it was made and not pushing Lime for it until his death was inevitable. Yeah, I am not buying it. This looks like he pulled that argument solely because that was the plan in wolfchat, not based on what actually happened in the thread, that being a lack of care about the case from both sides strongly pointing toward the case being fake.

The fewer players are alive, the more opportunistic Nanook seems. While at the start of the game it looked like he was super pro-town and was pointing out super correct townreads, the further the game progressed, the more villagers he pushed and the fewer villagers he shielded. This reads to me like a solid wolf day 1 that deteriorated as the game progressed, out of necessity.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:54 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:52 am Ilario calling out the "slip" is kinda good look.
I don't think this is true actually

Scun often are more prone to seeing something their partner did as a slip cause they know it in fact was a slip

I don't think its meaningful really, especially since afaik it was dropped when nobody agreed and helped push it
Continually refuses to clear obvious villager illario.
At this point I refuse to believe the read was made in good faith. Similar stuff re: his read on my slot. He never relented on either read for four days. Not a single moment of doubt, hesitation, progression change, anything. This isn't how a villager treats their reads. If he really had this insane confidence, then neither slot would be alive right now, because he would beg the village to kill them. That didn't happen. He kinda just called us mafia repeatedly, but that is as far as it went.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:38 am
Vulgard wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:17 am I also really hate the fact Nanook had the me/illario world during this SoD, when I think we actually look great from LC's ISO and that illario's independently super villagery. TSP supporting it isn't any better. I can't give them any excuses for it, either, because as people who've read the whole game they should know this.
Bold of you to assume I've read the whole game

But yes you'll note that I realized ilario was/is probably town and swapped tsp into my poe instead, unprompted
Oh, finally.
Why won't he read TSP? If he's a villager, isn't resolving TSP kinda important, especially now? Nanook has barely talked about TSP for the entire game, awkwardly slotting him into the PoE every now and then, and that was that. Now we're in f5 and he... still does not talk about TSP. If Nanook's mafia, TSP's just town, but if I assume Nanook's town, then resolving TSP seems... very important? And he's not doing it.

Overall, I think this ISO falls off a cliff roughly around late day 2 / day 3, and it's consistent with a wolf who needs to progressively expand their options because it becomes increasingly more likely they'll be solo wolfing. He presents a POV of "villager whose reads haven't been listened to," but he himself lowers the confidence of those reads, specifically the townreads, opening up more options at a convenient time. I think this is wolfy thread maneuvering rather than a villager actually solving the game.

I think the most telling part is the LC case on him and their mutual treatment of it (LC/Nanook). Neither actually cares about the case, as I've already talked about, yet Nanook tries to use it to clear himself later in the game. The case was not clearing whatsoever, so him using it tells me it was pre-planned in wolfchat and the plan was for it to clear one of them. He pulled the "clear" part from wolfchat because that is what was supposed to happen, but it did not actually happen.

I currently think it's Nanook, but I'll keep reading.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Reading TSP's ISO and I'm honestly not seeing much to talk about. Nothing overtly wolfy, but also nothing overtly villagery.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:54 am mac can be town again for threatening to chop me
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:54 am when he's a wolf he just does it
The first villagery part that I found. This is a distinctly villagery POV. It's not a 100% clear but it's a pretty good look.

His entire day 2 has no solving in it. No scumreads, no pushing people, not even defending villagereads. Just making naked reads.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:59 am I am rather comfortable townreading Nanook now. He's put himself into a position where he is very likely to not last to endgame just simply because he made reads he believes in ie. Ilario wolf, Mac town. He is not making an effort to win this game for his wolf team unless his entire plan is to just die to spew Ilario town.
I’ve been agreeing but I’ve also considered that like holding onto the Ilario scumread is like the easiest fake scumread possible here and he hasn’t really done any reeval on it tbh
THANK YOU.
Another villagery post, I am totally not biased by myself agreeing with it wholeheartedly. ...Only two. In an ISO of a few hundred. But it's there, I suppose.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:16 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:01 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:53 am I haven’t ever hung around til endgame in a game with w!Ender but like eh I don’t think he’s pretty much ever a wolf here tbh
Articulate what made you say this.
the enthusiasm he has around the LC case feels really hard to fake for most players. you said you thought it was possible, that seems like wishful thinking. maybe he could fake the case itself, but i don't think he treats it the same way if he's a wolf.
Solid thought, actually.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:08 pm anyways here's where we're at:

alexa is hard townshielding ilario
wiml is hard townshielding alexa
ender is hard anti-townshielding LC
nanook is sheeping mac
tsp is probably also sheeping mac when it comes down to it
alexa thinks wiml is town
ender probably has to be a wolf?
but ender probably isn't a wolf with wiml according to the fact that I'm sheeping mac and he said so for reasons I don't remember
also i don't think ender is a wolf
so then it's probably wiml/LC
but alexa doesn't think it's that
am i misreading nanook?
eh
no
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:09 pm team is lc/wiml they don't kill alexa because alexa is basically a third wolf and alexa's not surprised by this because... she knows it to be true?
I actually have no idea what the process is here but it feels kinda villagery.
The rest of his posts are... inoffensive. He hadn't really been solving until then, I don't think, but he had a few villagery moments like this one.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:33 pm everyone: huh weird kill
alexa: no how dare you it made perfect sense when we went over it in scum chat
Villagery in hindsight.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:17 am fwiw if you're town you should vote for LC because nanook /will/ (probably) hammer and if you're town that's like ~always~ a hit
if you're a wolf you should do it too but idk
Very good look, actually. He could be bussing here, but he's essentially telling me to get credit for it, which would be a strange thing to do for wolf!him. He would want that credit himself instead of giving it to a townie who replaced into a misyeetable slot.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:28 pm Nah I’m currently at ilario/Ender
Literally my two clears.

Overall, I... didn't really find anything there. Some villagery posts I think wolves wouldn't/would find it difficult to fake, but overall, not that much solving. Some cases of posting that looks independent-thought-processy enough to come from a villager and not wolf, but holistically, it's not very inspiring.

However, when it comes to the ISO's overall progression, it's not outright wolfy like Nanook's. I currently think TSP isn't super villagery, but at least he had villagery moments. Nanook didn't really have villagery moments, he just had cockiness and confidence that I townread. The content of his posts wasn't super villagery overall, while I did find some posts in TSP's ISO that struck me as distinctly villagery.

Currently leaning toward Nanook over TSP, though TSP's worldview today being exactly my two clears is... eh. If he's a wolf he knows he's turning me against himself by wolfreading my two clears, so I'm actually inclined to say he doesn't do this as mafia, but I can't say it's a strong or even good reason.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

[VOTE: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME] aubergine

Don't hammer. Putting this here for now because I won't be around for a bit.
ImageImageImage
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Just to let you people know, my POE I think wins the game is Vulgard/Nanook.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:23 pm
ilario wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:21 pm Fwiw, I dislike that nanook isn’t voting me despite making it clear I’m his main fos
Technically he's got both of you in his 2 for 2.
Also this is an interesting side-defense of Nanook.

Vulgard wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:09 am Nanook's stances being pro-town actually concerns me, because you're right. He's fairly consistently been taking pro-town stances from what I've seen so far, but that's suspicious in and of itself, because I can't see how a villager could always take pro-town stances. They don't have TMI, they will be wrong, and they will help the wolves at some point, won't they?

I pointed out how he pushed villagers, that's really the only thing he did this game that wasn't pro-town and he didn't even try super hard to strongarm people into it during the earlygame. His townlist has been super pure all game.
Yeah sometimes I have a good game
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:04 pm
ilario wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:03 pm But like wolf mac would be aware of this and would realize he’s inevitably just forcing his own yeet by doing all this? Like what’s the purpose of all this for him as wolf?
HE'S SAYING HE'S A GOOD WOLF

WHAT ELSE WOULD HE BE TRYING HERE?
This isn't w/w talk I think.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs [Day 3]

Post by EnderWiggin »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:18 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:16 pm i think nanook telling lime to call his vote is maybe arbitrarily nagl
I don't understand the shading about me not outing my vote via post? I literally tossed a case. He fumbled it.
alexa wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:17 pm syn was the best kill for anyone who wanted to drum up suspicion on me/ilario or get us paranoia of each other. syn was never going to be misyeeted

@TonyStarkPrime read my posts today & see
I can see that happening. Like I said thought if there's a mafia between you 2 it has to be Ilario.

I don't think TSP is the one to go to here though, he's probably mafia with Nanook.
Hmm.

Would vulgard really sub in and think picking up the push nanook torch is the way for mafia to win?

Anyways I think he shows some tmi in his casing of me
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Yeah I'm settled on Nanook/Vulgard being winning POE.

@ilario Lemme know if you have any thoughts you want me to dive into

I'm going to bed now but I'll be awake before EOD to cast a vote.

Yeah I actually do think there are several spots in vulgards case on me where it only works with tmi

Now tbf this could be confirmation bias on his part too, but yeah, combined with his case overlooking a few things, I think he's probably the last one

If not him Id have to see the nk
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I mean, I think LC spewed my slot town in his lackluster interactions with WIml where he tries to appease to his slot, but sure.

Currently thinking Illario/Ender are just villagers and that TSP's villagerier than Nanook (though only by a bit), leaving me at Nanook -> TSP as yeet priority.

If I'm wrong about Nanook, or if you don't listen to me and yeet someone else and they flip V, I'll evaluate again in f3. But I really think Nanook ends the game, and I think his and LC's mutual treatment of one another on day 3 is a dead giveaway of them being partnered.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I'm not sure how you can look at the push on Nanook day 3 and think it's genuine and that it spews Nanook town. Neither player involved cares, and it's very obvious when you pay close attention. The lack of care on both sides tells me that both players know this push for what it really is - a fake push for optics that's not actually intended to go anywhere. Nanook using it to try and clear himself later in a seemingly innocent post contradicts his treatment of it in the moment. It's like he knew the push was meant to clear him, but forgot to take it seriously in the moment because of TMI.

If I'm wrong about Nanook then TSP's the other option because among all the players alive, he's been the least involved in actually solving the game, and at this point solving the game is super important. His worldviews today have been rather confusing and pro-wolf, and while there are villagery moments in his ISO, they don't compare to Ender / illario, what they have posted and how LC spews them. LC doesn't spew TSP at all; in fact, LC's treatment of TSP is "quietly put in PoE and push other players," which is textbook w/w stuff. The reason I'm pushing Nanook over TSP is that I think he's playing much more like a wolf would, that is, actually pushing an agenda of some kind and not trying to avoid getting voted by doing few things of substance. But if I'm wrong on Nanook, the next player I would look at is TSP.

Obviously re-evaluate in f3, yadda yadda, but that's where I stand right now and I feel quite good about it.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Realistically, Nanook's defense against my case is pretty bad, because calling it TMI-ish and "overlooks a few things" is shorthand for "I don't know how to defend myself against it, so I just won't." Now, I'm notoriously bad at defending myself as either alignment, so I could sympathize with that, except his go-to response is to call me a wolf instead, which is boring and predictable. I'd expect him to try harder to find the last wolf here as V, perhaps try to work with me rather than against me, but instead he's just continuing his incorrect push from the first three days without even attempting to re-evaluate it. Why? Because at this point, he's locked into it. He knows he can't misyeet illario or Ender, I won't let him, and if TSP's town, then he's a good f3 misyeet. The highest-value yeet for wolf!Nanook that's also reasonably easy for him to get is exactly me, so his response to my case being essentially "this is TMI, Vulgard is just a wolf" is quite telling of his motivations.

Don't forget this if I'm yeeted and you go to final 3.
ImageImageImage

Vulgard wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:25 pm I mean, I think LC spewed my slot town in his lackluster interactions with WIml where he tries to appease to his slot, but sure.

Currently thinking Illario/Ender are just villagers and that TSP's villagerier than Nanook (though only by a bit), leaving me at Nanook -> TSP as yeet priority.

If I'm wrong about Nanook, or if you don't listen to me and yeet someone else and they flip V, I'll evaluate again in f3. But I really think Nanook ends the game, and I think his and LC's mutual treatment of one another on day 3 is a dead giveaway of them being partnered.
I mean I'm more spewed than you are but you're ignoring that lol

Tbh theres good arguments for everyone in the game not being teamed with lc, but obviously someone is, so.

Vulgard wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:34 pm Realistically, Nanook's defense against my case is pretty bad, because calling it TMI-ish and "overlooks a few things" is shorthand for "I don't know how to defend myself against it, so I just won't." Now, I'm notoriously bad at defending myself as either alignment, so I could sympathize with that, except his go-to response is to call me a wolf instead, which is boring and predictable. I'd expect him to try harder to find the last wolf here as V, perhaps try to work with me rather than against me, but instead he's just continuing his incorrect push from the first three days without even attempting to re-evaluate it. Why? Because at this point, he's locked into it. He knows he can't misyeet illario or Ender, I won't let him, and if TSP's town, then he's a good f3 misyeet. The highest-value yeet for wolf!Nanook that's also reasonably easy for him to get is exactly me, so his response to my case being essentially "this is TMI, Vulgard is just a wolf" is quite telling of his motivations.

Don't forget this if I'm yeeted and you go to final 3.
Its shorthand for "i don't care about it."

I basically never respond to cases point by point (especially as town), if you wanted a response you should've asked questions instead lpl

Also, like, "I won't let him" is a big lol

Return to “Previous Heists”