The Final Problem

Poll ended at Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Lizzy
11%
A Person
11%
Mongoose
11%
Stayin' Alive (Host/Dead/Non/Sockpuppet)
67%

Total votes: 9
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 51

Re: MM6: Sherlock Mafia {DAY 1}

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
A Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
A Person wrote: Not particularly. I was approached by both DH and then Matt F. Matt F said that DH had said I was his partner, which was odd but I thought it might just be a slight misunderstanding and that he meant he'd only pm'd me. I responded to Matt F's pm and then to DH's, saying I had already responded to Matt F's. There were no other claims/information involved so I'm not sure how there is any sort of confusion. Matt F's post saying something was going on was posted almost immediately after I responded, which is why I was mostly interested in watching.
I got a similar message from Matt F, after which he flat out admitted to trying to trip me up. He is full of tricks, isn't he?
Indeed. If that was his intention I can't blame him for it.
I can! I'm not sure if I want people who are going to be so slippery sticking around for too long.
Slippery or sticking? Make up your mind!

Sending out "feelers" behind the scenes is an ungainly strategy, if you ask me. I could PM someone right now and say "I'm everyone's worst enemy," and unless that person could prove it in the thread, the PM is all but pointless.

What I don't understand is this response:
Matt F wrote:I know DH.

I've been sending out feelers to see if I could trip anyone up, and right now both Bullz and A Person are claiming to be your partner.
A Person wrote::ponder:
If you did not make the claim Matt F claimed you made, then why not disclaim it?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by A Person »

thellama73 wrote:
A Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
A Person wrote: Not particularly. I was approached by both DH and then Matt F. Matt F said that DH had said I was his partner, which was odd but I thought it might just be a slight misunderstanding and that he meant he'd only pm'd me. I responded to Matt F's pm and then to DH's, saying I had already responded to Matt F's. There were no other claims/information involved so I'm not sure how there is any sort of confusion. Matt F's post saying something was going on was posted almost immediately after I responded, which is why I was mostly interested in watching.
I got a similar message from Matt F, after which he flat out admitted to trying to trip me up. He is full of tricks, isn't he?
Indeed. If that was his intention I can't blame him for it.
I can! I'm not sure if I want people who are going to be so slippery sticking around for too long.
I agree, but it is a fair move after all. I am probably too nice to play mafia :\
Epignosis wrote:If you did not make the claim Matt F claimed you made, then why not disclaim it?
I wanted to see where they were going with it before I said anything. I'm still not sure if it is a good idea to have posted about it but I decided being transparent as possible was the best way to clear it up.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 78

Post by thellama73 »

But you haven't been transparent at all! Did you make that claim or didn't you?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

thellama73 wrote:But you haven't been transparent at all! Did you make that claim or didn't you?
Which claim? My post described everything that had taken place from my perspective.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote:But you haven't been transparent at all! Did you make that claim or didn't you?
Which claim? My post described everything that had taken place from my perspective.
Matt F says you claimed to be DH's partner. Is this true, yes or no?
DH says you claimed to be Matt F's partner. Is this true, yes or no?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

thellama73 wrote:
A Person wrote:
Matt F says you claimed to be DH's partner. Is this true, yes or no?
They both pmed me, the order of events was:
1. DH pm's me, but i didn't respond
2. Matt F pm's me, mentions that he was building an alliance with bullz and DH, and that DH had said I was his partner (which is untrue) but I figured it was a misunderstanding.
3. I respond to Matt F, saying yes.
4. I respond to DH, saying I'd pm'd Matt F, but told him yes as well.

If the confusion is over the partner thing it's nothing I claimed because I'm partnered with either, although they both asked to make an alliance.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 218

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:I dunno about Bullz or A Person, but I've not PM'd you.
Matt F wrote:I know DH.

I've been sending out feelers to see if I could trip anyone up, and right now both Bullz and A Person are claiming to be your partner.
Matt confirmed that I never contacted him, and it was you that said you and I were partners. Either way someone is lying about stuff I said and as I mentioned, I dislike being dragged into stuff and having my word brought into question.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Hi. Caught up and am thoroughly confused. This is one crazy game!

Oh, and just because I love to brag about my incredible puzzle-solving skills (see mafia of the absurd on HV), I'm the one who solved that cipher in INH's sig ages ago. Piece of cake. :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I think my confusion is stemming from the use of the word partner. When you people use it, what do you mean? Do you mean the person who is your teammate, or do you just mean any allied person? I've been assuming the latter.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

:| Criminey.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Seems like an awful long time to let that confusion fester instead of clearing that up.

ImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

DharmaHelper wrote:Seems like an awful long time to let that confusion fester instead of clearing that up.
It only dawned on me while reading Llama's last post. I realized Matt F was trying to point out that either I'd lied about my teammate or having been allied with you, the first didn't make sense because I wasn't using the word that way, so I assumed it could mean that I'd not answered you yet. I was surprised that he even knew you contacted me, but I just assumed you told him, yes? If he meant to use partner to refer to our character's actual teammate, then it's my fault for not understanding him.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote: Matt F says you claimed to be DH's partner. Is this true, yes or no?
2. Matt F pm's me, mentions that he was building an alliance with bullz and DH, and that DH had said I was his partner (which is untrue) but I figured it was a misunderstanding.

If the confusion is over the partner thing it's nothing I claimed because I'm partnered with either, although they both asked to make an alliance.
So am I supposed to interpret that as "no" to both questions?
You have a very roundabout way of answering.

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

thellama73 wrote:
A Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote: Matt F says you claimed to be DH's partner. Is this true, yes or no?

So am I supposed to interpret that as "no" to both questions?
You have a very roundabout way of answering.
The answer to question 1 is maybe, depending on what he means by partner. Matt did say that DH said I was his partner, and I said that that was true, but I was under the assumption it referred to DH asking about the alliance. If it means that I claimed to be his partner, then no, I never intentionally claimed that.
Question 2 could be yes as well, I did tell DH that I'd agreed to ally with him in light of the fact that Matt F said he was allied with DH as well. But I never claimed he was my teammate either.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 153

Post by Matt »

Llama, I don't understand why you would want to vote me for trying to catch the bad guys lying. I thought it was a pretty good strategy, and though it probably won't work for the rest of the game, I think we've already caught one.

First, after I tell Bullz in the thread that I want to start an alliance, he PMs me saying let's start one. Then he tells me DH is his partner.

Then, I straight up lied to A Person and told him DH said A Person was his partner. Then I said I just wanted him (A Person) to confirm it for me, tell me if it's true, before I go any further in an alliance with DH. I also made a similar PM to Llama, telling him Bullz told me Llama was his partner.

Both of these PMs I sent were completely random. I got lucky with A Person.

And after asking him if it was true that DH was his partner, A Person responded "Yes, that's true."

I suppose he could've been mistaken, and thought I was asking if they were allies, but I specifically said "partner" !!
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Huh.

Llama, I just noticed in your PM to me about Bullz, you responded "Yes we are in negotiations."

So it appears that you thought I meant ally, not teammate, when I said that about Bullz.

Perhaps A Person really did think I meant the same thing, then, when I asked him about DH.

Derp, I dunno.
Image Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Vompatti »

I strongly suggest we start an A Person bandwagon. :mafia:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

[quote="Matt F"]Llama, I don't understand why you would want to vote me for trying to catch the bad guys lying./quote]

What do you mean "the bad guys?" There is no mafia this game, so I fail to see how anyone is more of a bad guy than anyone else. I'm prepared to consider "the bad guys" as the people who have lied to me, which so far only includes you. :)

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 118

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:
Matt F wrote:Llama, I don't understand why you would want to vote me for trying to catch the bad guys lying./quote]

What do you mean "the bad guys?" There is no mafia this game, so I fail to see how anyone is more of a bad guy than anyone else. I'm prepared to consider "the bad guys" as the people who have lied to me, which so far only includes you. :)
Yeah that was my thought, there aren't actually any 'baddies' so Mr F is just being weird. I'd be willing to consider a vote for him as well due to how difficult he's made this game for me when I was all ready to help him. Or I'd vote AP. Could go either way yet.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 87

Post by Snow Dog »

I dunno. Ap seems to be just a misunderstanding. Something like you and I had in Homestar. He does have a tendency to avoid direct answers which is rather frustrating though.

Kinda makes you want to beat his head on the floor.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:I dunno. Ap seems to be just a misunderstanding. Something like you and I had in Homestar. He does have a tendency to avoid direct answers which is rather frustrating though.

Yeah, maybe. I don't know how I feel about beating people's heads on floors though, that seems a bit mean. Unless the floor is soft.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Bullzeye wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I dunno. Ap seems to be just a misunderstanding. Something like you and I had in Homestar. He does have a tendency to avoid direct answers which is rather frustrating though.

Yeah, maybe. I don't know how I feel about beating people's heads on floors though, that seems a bit mean. Unless the floor is soft.
Well obviously the floor is soft.

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I didn't know that. It could have been wooden flooring. Or tiles. Neither of those are particularly soft.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I didn't know that. It could have been wooden flooring. Or tiles. Neither of those are particularly soft.
If it helps imagine me as Spike and he's Tom.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 141

Post by insertnamehere »

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
SPACEDAISY IS REPLACING ZANY DEX
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Welcome aboard Spacey ( fed up with calling you daisy now)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Matt F wrote:Llama, I don't understand why you would want to vote me for trying to catch the bad guys lying. I thought it was a pretty good strategy, and though it probably won't work for the rest of the game, I think we've already caught one.

First, after I tell Bullz in the thread that I want to start an alliance, he PMs me saying let's start one. Then he tells me DH is his partner.

Then, I straight up lied to A Person and told him DH said A Person was his partner. Then I said I just wanted him (A Person) to confirm it for me, tell me if it's true, before I go any further in an alliance with DH. I also made a similar PM to Llama, telling him Bullz told me Llama was his partner.

Both of these PMs I sent were completely random. I got lucky with A Person.

And after asking him if it was true that DH was his partner, A Person responded "Yes, that's true."

I suppose he could've been mistaken, and thought I was asking if they were allies, but I specifically said "partner" !!
The confusing part is that INH used the word teammate, not partner. I assumed you used partner and not teammate to differentiate. Apparently not.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:Welcome aboard Spacey ( fed up with calling you daisy now)
I think I will just call her "Zany." I am too invested in the player list to start making changes now.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Welcome aboard Spacey ( fed up with calling you daisy now)
I think I will just call her "Zany." I am too invested in the player list to start making changes now.
Good idea. Sound as a pound.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hi SD!

I have to vote in the next two hours... I guess A Person is sticking out to me the most, will probably go with him.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

nutella wrote:Hi SD!

I have to vote in the next two hours... I guess A Person is sticking out to me the most, will probably go with him.
For me it's either him or Matt F.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I am so terribly all turned around and confused by all this. :sigh:

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

okay, I'm voting for AP.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm voting for Matt F, for his deceitful wiles.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The poll closes soon and I will be off playing a game so I voted AP now while I had the chance. I think this web that's been spun around me can be cleared up if AP goes to court. :solitary:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Oh wow I didn't realise how quickly this poll would end. For me it's a toss up between AP and Matt, but I think an AP lynch would help to figure out what's going on with all these supposed 'lies'. I also don't like voting for people out of spite and tbh that's what it would be if I were to vote Matt at this point so I think it has to be AP for me.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

...Apparently it doesn't end as quickly as I thought. Misread 7:19 pm as 17:19 and assumed I had just over 20 minutes to vote :p Still I stand by my decision.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Spacedaisy »

I am going to try and catch up. You guys are as chatty as they are over in Homestar, lol!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullz and DH, did you just happen to miss this post of mine?
Matt F wrote:Huh.

Llama, I just noticed in your PM to me about Bullz, you responded "Yes we are in negotiations."

So it appears that you thought I meant ally, not teammate, when I said that about Bullz.

Perhaps A Person really did think I meant the same thing, then, when I asked him about DH.

Derp, I dunno.
Llama, there are no bad guys?
insertnamehere wrote:TEAM BAD PEOPLE
In addition, there's a team with Moriarty in it, and a team with a serial killer hired by Moriarty. Now I understand this is essentially a Last Man Standing game with partners, but there ARE bad guys.
DharmaHelper wrote:The poll closes soon and I will be off playing a game so I voted AP now while I had the chance. I think this web that's been spun around me can be cleared up if AP goes to court. :solitary:
Bullzeye wrote:For me it's a toss up between AP and Matt, but I think an AP lynch would help to figure out what's going on with all these supposed 'lies'.
Again, did the two of you miss my post, where I pointed out that Llama thought I meant ally when I said partner? So if one person thought that, I'm beginning to come around and think maybe AP did too.

But these two, DH and Bullz, are saying "It's either one or the other yes sir".

On top of that, Bullz has continued to PM me, telling me "Dude even though you totally screwed us up, we'll totally still be your alliance", but now it's either AP or me?!

Nuh uh. If AP gets lynched, even if he turns up a bad guy, it won't be on me.

I'm going to vote for Bullz or DH today.
Image Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

This is the first time I have been able to come in today and catch up. I think there are too many shenanigans going on behind the scenes. After thinking about it, I don't really see a reason for "putting out feelers" at this time. I also think those telling lies in PMs will just be found out.
thellama73 wrote:
Matt F wrote:Llama, I don't understand why you would want to vote me for trying to catch the bad guys lying./quote]

Thank you for saying this llama....this is exactly what I was thinking as I was catching up in the thread. I think Matt F is a bit confused.

I am going to go ahead and vote A Person. His story just seems a bit fishy and he doesn't give clear answers.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Oh, and welcome Spaisedaisy!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I'm going to say it again, I refuse to be held responsible if AP turns up Sherlock or somesuch.

But wait, since there are no bad guys, that must mean there are no good guys either, therefore I don't have to worry about being responsible for anything anyway. Right Llama?

Gonna go ahead and vote Bullz, a bad guy.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt F wrote: On top of that, Bullz has continued to PM me, telling me "Dude even though you totally screwed us up, we'll totally still be your alliance", but now it's either AP or me?!
'Continued' I sent you one PM saying that, and I've actually changed my mind since then. You're the only person here who's been outright lying to people, you've even admitted to doing so in order to 'trip people up' which makes no sense.

Linki - You should have just come back to me when AP told you what he did, we could've sorted things out. I'd have thought you would trust me more than that tbh, it's disappointing your first instinct was that I must have lied.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

It's disappointing to me that you seem not to trust me at all, but are voting for AP. Why not vote me if I'm "lying" to everyone? Then if AP gets lynched goes to court, and gets locked up (which he will, btw, regardless...in a Last Man Standing game, I can't see anyone but AP's partner saying not to lock him up), you will turn around and say it's my fault.

Well, nope. I won't be held responsible. I am going to encourage the thread to vote for you today, and if AP DOES get lynched and locked up after court, I refuse to be responsible. Whether he turns up good or bad.
Image Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Seems to me that Ap was caught in the middle of something between Bullz, DH and Matt F. For some reason he is getting punished for that. I don't understand why. Ok he is a bit evasive but he is ALWAYS like that. have you guys not played with him before?

I'm voting Matt...the guy who seems to have engineered this whole affair.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Matt F wrote:I'm going to say it again, I refuse to be held responsible if AP turns up Sherlock or somesuch.

But wait, since there are no bad guys, that must mean there are no good guys either, therefore I don't have to worry about being responsible for anything anyway. Right Llama?
That's exactly right. I'm glad to see you're getting the hang of it. I struggled with getting that concept across in the game I hosted where there were no bad guys or good guys, just individual win conditions. I think many here have been so conditioned to think in terms of civvie/baddie that a new format is hard for them to wrap their heads around. I don't have any more reason to want Sherlock alive than I do anyone else. I want my team alive, and that is it.

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt F wrote:It's disappointing to me that you seem not to trust me at all, but are voting for AP. Why not vote me if I'm "lying" to everyone? Then if AP gets lynched goes to court, and gets locked up (which he will, btw, regardless...in a Last Man Standing game, I can't see anyone but AP's partner saying not to lock him up), you will turn around and say it's my fault.

Well, nope. I won't be held responsible. I am going to encourage the thread to vote for you today, and if AP DOES get lynched and locked up after court, I refuse to be responsible. Whether he turns up good or bad.
The thing is if you'd thought for one minute about the info I gave you and when/why I said it, it should've been obvious I was telling the truth. Instead you jumped into the thread and put me into an awkward position where I can't defend myself against your accusations properly without basically outing myself to everyone. If people vote for me you're going to force me to prove I was telling the truth and waste a lynch.

Linki @ Snow - the reason I haven't voted Matt is because I feel like if I did I'd only be doing it because I'm annoyed at him and I don't want to do that.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I've only played one last man standing game, Llama, that was two years ago, my second game, when I first started playing.

So if we're not trying to catch bad guys, what are we doing when we vote? Just BSing our way through each lynch?

Also, what's the point to court if everyone that goes to court is just going to die anyway?

I'm seriously asking, btw, not being snarky.
Image Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Matt F wrote:I've only played one last man standing game, Llama, that was two years ago, my second game, when I first started playing.

So if we're not trying to catch bad guys, what are we doing when we vote? Just BSing our way through each lynch?

Also, what's the point to court if everyone that goes to court is just going to die anyway?

I'm seriously asking, btw, not being snarky.
The point is to survive and have your partner survive by any means necessary. It's a lot like the show Survivor. We have no reason to believe that anyone who goes to court will die. There are several roles that offer protections and there's no way of knowing what kind of alliances are being forged behind the scenes.

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok, spite having a lot of posts, Alex isn't playing this game so it was fairly easy to quickly catch up, lol. No walls of text. :p

So it seems there are some assertions being made.

Matt F is claiming these things were said to him:
Bullz claimed DH as his teammate
AP claimed DH as his teammate

DH is claiming this:
Neither of these two are his teammate

Bullz, did you or did you not claim DH as your teammate? AP has explained he believed Matt F was referring to DH offering an alliance to him. DH, did you offer and alliance to him?

These are the things that strike me as oddest in this situation:

1. AP said yes believing Matt F meant were they allied, but he also says he never answered DH's initial offer, so I don't see why he would have said yes to this unless an alliance had actually been established or he understood the question and really was claiming DH as his partner.

2. Bullz has never said anything about DH's statement that Matt F has been twice deceived. Either he is or is not your teammate, correct? Ad you either did or did not claim this, correct? So tell me Bullz, is Matt F. Lying when he I'd you claimed this, or is DH lying when he said he is not your teammate?

As I was reading it, I honestly had the impression of DH and Matt F working together to some end. I wonder if they are not actually teammates trying to cause mass confusion and incite people against each other.

I look forward to answers to some of these questions. Hopefully it will help me decide whe I fall.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”