Moderator: Community Team

Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Deck Mafia

Post by Guillotine »

The name of this game is Deck Mafia, a game where players build role card decks and bring them with them to battle!

The basic concept of this game is this:

1) All games are 19-player (max) Mountainous by default

2) Players own cards with roles in them.

3) These players sign up to these games by posting /in and submitting a deck of up to 7 cards per player to the host.

4) Winners get "booster packs" with role cards in them.

5) Cards are not transferable outside of a game.

6) Every card has 5 elements: Type, Rarity, Number of Shots, Phase and Description

7) The games are usually Town vs Mafia, but there could be third party mechanics introduced by the time this game actually starts.

8) Role cards may or may not be compatible with the game but players will not know that until the game rands and they get their alignment, so, the role cards they choose might not work at all or they might, that is the risk of submitting their deck before rand.

9) Players can only have a total of 20 role cards in their inventory, once the inventory is full and they get new cards, they have to replace old with new or discard the new booster if they are happy with the old.

10) Each player's inventory records will be kept in our Discord server just for that purpose. Each player will have an assigned private chat where they will see their inventory and communicate with me about replacing or discarding cards.

There 9 types of cards

**Q & A**

**Can players be given multiples of the same card through the packs?**

Players might be able to acquire multiple copies of the same card but most games will only allow one copy per role card, per player.

**Also I'd assume that cards are a 1-time use since if someone likes a role they could just... always be that role barring times where mods disable it.**

Right. All cards are one shots regardless of rarity (per game).

**I feel like there could be some really awesome custom roles with this?**

There might be, there is only one way to find out.

**Saying/screenshoting your deck is prohibited, right? Because you could confirm yourself instantly if your deck was entirely town/mafia somehow, by rng.**

Well first, decks are submitted before rand, so the choices are by default not alignment indicative.

Two, flips are alignment only for the sake of protecting your inventory information.

But it is correct, you still cant screenshot your deck to claim it. You can only paraphrase claims.

**Can the founders and people with access to the inventory ever play with us?**

Absolutely not.

**What's the lowest rarity and the highest**

3 stars is the lowest and 6 stars the highest.

**Are there other ways to get cards besides having to win a game**

Currently there are only two ways to get an extra card.

1) By being selected as MPV of a Deck Mafia game after it ends.
2) By winning as a solo third party in a game that rewards winners with deck mafia booster packs. This is not retroactive, sorry.

In the future there will the option to purchase extra booster packs and specific cards when character cards are introduced, more of that later.

**Is Deck Mafia hosted only at The Syndicate?**

No. There are other FM sites these games are hosted.

**Do I lose my cards when I use them in a game?**

No, the cards are not consumed upon use in a game, unless it strictly says so in the card.

**How many cards are in the booster packs**

From 3 to 4 cards each.
Spoiler: show
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”