GoC 2021 feedback

Kick back and relax at The Lounge, where you can discuss any other matter related to mafia games or The Syndicate. Mafia game strategists, look no further!

Moderator: Community Team

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

GoC 2021 feedback

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

This is your chance to contribute to the Game of Champions 2021 (to be run in early 2022), hosted by myself.

If you hosted a game this year that had a mechanic or a role that you are particularly proud of, please message me about it! I make zero guarantees about including anything in any form obviously, but I might!

For players, same thing, leave any particularly compelling mechanics or roles that stuck out to you in this thread, if you'd like.

Obviously not guaranteed that any or all of these will show up, but this is your chance to share stuff you thought worked particularly well or was especially fun!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Re: GoC 2021 feedback

Post by MartinGG99 »

hmmmmmmmmmm

just some ideas I'm throwing out that will make it more interesting imo

technically almost anything implemented poorly can be a source for un-fun so idk whether these ideas would be fun but I think these have potential to be fun

1. Include the :partyparrot: somewhere or somehow. You can't go wrong with it.
Edit 2: If the relevancy isn't clear here, we did have a smilies mafia game. Though it didn't have a role including this as a result of the down-sizing.

2. If you're going for a crazy setup for GoC then multiple factions would be interesting; maybe something along the lines of Fallout 2 (Link). BUT I would think there's quite a bit of challenge to implementing this well.

3. (Edit: This one is not related to any TS 2021 game)
A recent game on my homesite had a game centered around where every slot could be a 2-person (team-mafia-esque) hydra where one would play odd days and the other even days. There were also "token" mechanics where players had to gift one each night and if a slot with 2 players in it got enough tokens they could ascend into two separate slots (Or, if you only signed up as one player, gained an additional vote power). If you want more details here's the link to the game's setup.

It seemed really interesting to me, and so I would appreciate if GoC 2021 incorporated it somehow or experimented with it. We also just finished a game of it; town basically stomped though admittedly that was helped a bit (controversially) once people started copy-pasting from their private chats and the fact that the factional kill was removed (which, while the game started at 7 town & 3 wolves, did mean it was a bit tougher to kill town momentum). Click this link if you want to see it.

4. I don't often see games with loverizer or lover mechanics (aside from the crossover sit-down game). It would be neat if we could have one of those in the game or with your own twists (if any) on those roles.
Last edited by MartinGG99 on Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

should be B themed in honour of the 2021 roster of games
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Syn wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:04 pm should be B themed in honour of the 2021 roster of games
Yes this. With a mixture of things from as many games as possible it usually is quite zany which is part of the appeal. You can still be very creative while honoring the games. Please message Nook with your favorite things from the games everyone! Hype!!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

AT LEAST two games in 2021 had poetry contests as a game mechanic. This definitely needs to make another appearance in the GoC.

Return to “The Lounge”