Marmot
No votes
MartinGG99
No votes
sig
67%
TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Merasmus the Magician (Host/Mod/NP/Dead)
25%
Click here to join the spec chat.
No votes

Total votes: 12
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 455

Re: Team Fortress Mafia [NIGHT 5]

Post by LinearPoint »

RNG chose you to die.
ImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

LinearPoint wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:05 pm Wasn't it you NAA who said Mafia should just stick together and vote with their numbers?
And 3 mafia did that day 1 and 2 got scum read hard for it.
Yes, I said that. I think every play is situationally dependent.

I mean, they were scum-read for it, but it's something they would be likely to do as town, so :shrug: ... People have scum reads that have no bearing on alignment sometimes and they can be right for the wrong reasons. I'm not sure what the % mafia flips are on a M->T CFD... So I can't really comment on that (Mac suggested it's high, but I'm not sure).

Looking at the results of this game isn't indicative of a trend.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
Spoiler: show
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

it's definitely wolf indic for nanook and not wolf indic for tsp but we weren't expecting running into a watch on dizzy which sorta throws the entire thing off
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Team Fortress Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:31 pm I could vote sabie sig or maybe nanook
tsp is mafia god
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:10 pm it's definitely wolf indic for nanook and not wolf indic for tsp but we weren't expecting running into a watch on dizzy which sorta throws the entire thing off
Yeah, that's the other thing that's hard to overlook... Sabie was outed D2, but often the D1 counter wagon to a CFD doesn't get killed D2.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:03 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:00 pm That was surprisingly anticlimatic. 3 out of 4 Mafia died to night kill choices.
Only Nanook was actually scum read and caught.
In fairness, it was also because they were heavily scum-read in a role madness game, no bueno.
Watches don't count
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:14 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:03 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:00 pm That was surprisingly anticlimatic. 3 out of 4 Mafia died to night kill choices.
In fairness, it was also because they were heavily scum-read in a role madness game, no bueno.
Watches don't count
Oh right... Watcher is the other way, lol. Yeah, I think we can just summarise this game by saying Role Madness = Swingy.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

possible mech change: for the more town friendly roles, red powers only work on odd nights, blue on even nights for town
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:10 pm it's definitely wolf indic for nanook and not wolf indic for tsp but we weren't expecting running into a watch on dizzy which sorta throws the entire thing off
Eh, I bus partners in that situation too sometimes

And I do tend to sheep axe

But yes definitely well within my range to save a partner
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 451
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

sig wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:00 pm GG all and thanks for the game DDL.

We had very bad luck and I'll forever advocate killing @Marmot d1 from here on out :p

And not to start a fight, buuuuuut Gullio whole caught me on the second post thing was and will always be nonsense that was standard Sig messing around posting and if I wasn't mafia would be a standard mischop reasoning.
Nah, that was wolfy
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:02 pm Guillo played really well this game, possibly the best town performance IMO.

Marmot best PR.
Well… thanks. I wish you didnt do that cfd or maybe we would have had a perfect sweep but it worked out and caught Nanook off of it.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

ggs
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:16 pm possible mech change: for the more town friendly roles, red powers only work on odd nights, blue on even nights for town
The's one possible fix yeah.

Another one is giving canteens to mafia like candy, or extra roleblocks, sort of what the idea of that Balance Patch was. More tools for mafia to spam and punish town for massclaiming.

Basically, it goes like this: in full role madness, mafia roles HAVE to be more powerful than town roles. I've known that for years, hence mafia getting their bonuses that you can see in the setup.

But in practice, those bonuses proved to be situational and not strong enough to offset the difference, particularly in late-game. I didn't also predict the size of the snowball effect this game would have. So I apologize for the imperfect balancing of this game. I've made some better setups before. But well, role madness is experimentation, and sometimes things go boom in hilarious ways.

Either way, it seems the majority of players enjoyed this a lot, so I'm happy. I also have to say the result is mainly because town played VERY well. I didn't read every post, but what I read contained some superb team work, player reading, and mech discussion. I make setups like this hoping to see them used by players like these. Thank you very much for playing my game and engaging with it, folks. And also kudos for the mafia for trying hard, because no one can say you guys did not, all four of you. It just wasn't meant to be.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DrWilgy »

Mphahahahahaha Mhahahahahahahahaha
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Team Fortress Mafia [END]

Also fun fact: if this were an actual TF2 match, it would be a massive victory of the Red Team. Only 3 deaths in their side, while the Blue Team got 7 deaths.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Yayyyy the first time I've put 0 effort into the game and town got the win for me! I figured everyone was going to sort everything out.

Good work to the rest of you. GGs to everyone.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Also though I blocked Mac N3, I ended up sending in Guillo on accident. Sorry about that, didn't matter anyways.
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Honestly it was kind of hard to properly balance that game.
It wasn't really just that it was role madness either, but more the fact every role was quite powerful and the Mafia didn't really have substantial buffs and some could be considered detrimental.
Even though it never came up because no one really wanted to test it, the Engineer could have easily be solved as Town or Mafia with a single roleblock. Engineer probably could have gotten a different buff entirely such as stronger buildings rather than them not being destroyed.
I also think with there being 8 roleblocking roles in Engineer, Demo, Sniper, and Medic mafia could have possibly just always had their faction kill roleblock immune or something since the kill being roleblocked is actually quite likely. Frankly if the crit canteens were available from the start of the game and instead of being limited just allowing them to chose one of the effects for the night could have gone a long way helping the Mafia play around all the roleblock, healing, and redirecting.
The last thing I'd possibly consider would have been adding more restrictions to all the roles for Town at least. Notably if in general a player couldn't chose the same action twice in a row or if each action has an actual downside to them. The Medic's Solem Vow was a good balance choice I feel, but I think more could have been done for some other classes. I think only really Scout and Soldier had legitimate negitives to spamming their abilities and Soldier was pretty easy to mitigate honestly.
I mean at the end of the day it's hard to say exactly how best to improve a role madness game, but that's just my thoughts. Maybe you could also have limited the number of abilities each role had from 3 to 2. Pretty much everyone just did the most effective ability always. Demoman never used anything but the roleblock, Pyro's never used the vote manipulation, Engineer never built Teleporters, I don't think Spies ever would have used the Sapper (not to mention no one wanted to enter the bases). Really just a lot of stuff went unused because they weren't super useful. I think Demoman was most egregious since the unconditional roleblock was just so powerful.
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

overall I don't think it was that bad though and was enjoyable trying to think about how everything interacts.
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I had the unfortunate circumstance of my car blowing up on me. I feel bad that I wasn't able to put forth my best effort, but if I hadn't self pres voted and made it through the tie then the kill still would have been watched so I guess it was unavoidable. Oh well it's okay it happens. Good game all!
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
DrWilgy

Re: Team Fortress Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by DrWilgy »

Guillotine wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:14 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:07 pm
Gavial wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:50 am
Dolby wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:43 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:34 pm
Guillotine wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:49 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:53 pm

Mphh
How is this player allowed to just post this and get by in beyond comprehension.
Mh mphm mhfn. Mhph mph mh mf mph.
Wilgy, maybe you can make a reads list, with less mphhs being more towny, and more mphhs being more scummy

if you can't list a player, then do separate lines, with the 1st line being teh first player on the player list, second line being second, and so on (skipping dead people, or you could include them)
I conquer @DrWilgy
Mn, Mn, Mn, Mfna, Mn, Mn, Mn, Mn, Mn, Mn, Mn, Mfna, Mn m mnmneh, Mfna, mn Mfna.
So you think Gavial, Nanook, Sig and Tony are scum.
:clap:

Mph Mhamp
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MhMh mhphremdy.

Mph mh mhr mhophn MhMhMhl!!
Image Image Image
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

glad to know it was TSP

I was getting sus of the very moment he called my logic bad

Maybe that would've ended up being CFTWR, but I've seen TSP last to end-game as wolf and win. Its just something he has done in the past.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:05 pm actually I will, we messed up using the crit on day 1 because I misread what the crit did and we had sabie carrying the kill and I was scared that sabie would be blocked, turns out crit doesn't even stop that whoops
I thought crit dodged role-blocks as well because from some of the places I've come from any sort of role-block is considered either a protection or "defense" as the setup puts it:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:34 am making it ignore all protections and defenses
Not to mention it words it as "all", which could've either meant multiple protections or all forms of protection.

I didn't mention it during the game though in the hopes that it was actually that case but mafia mis-read it as not doing that
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Dyslexicon »

Gg \o/

Thanks for the game, DDL!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 179
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

My thought process this whole game: I have no idea who's mafia since I'm barely reading the thread, so I'll just watch the people I want alive. :wowee:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 260

Post by MacDougall »

told y'all
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

told y'all they tried to kill me n2 as well lmao
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:26 pm glad to know it was TSP

I was getting sus of the very moment he called my logic bad

Maybe that would've ended up being CFTWR, but I've seen TSP last to end-game as wolf and win. Its just something he has done in the past.
that was just bad logic tbh but I was getting very upset in the moment that mafia did not get hand selected roles
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:11 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:31 pm I could vote sabie sig or maybe nanook
tsp is mafia god
*proceeds to vote on counterwagon to sabie*
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Team Fortress Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:14 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:07 pm Laying down slank cover for day zero also someone please read the setup and say some false things about it so I can contribute
[VOTE: tsp] aubergine
ah the old vote a mafia in my first post of the game old chestnut
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Marmot wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:54 pm My thought process this whole game: I have no idea who's mafia since I'm barely reading the thread, so I'll just watch the people I want alive. :wowee:
This was also my approach.

🤝
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

My approach to the game was to just barely pay attention and call out what i thought was bullshit... turns out TSP bullshits a lot lol
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

and i wouldn't have gotten away with it too if it weren't for light role madness
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:23 pm
tsp is mafia god
*proceeds to vote on counterwagon to sabie*
tsp is mafia god
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 562

Re: Team Fortress Mafia [DAY 5]

Post by Gavial »

Nanook was roleblocked by Dolby but he wasn’t the attacking mafia but could have been.
Because Dolby roleblocked Nanook it caused him to be highly likely to be executed.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Unless Nanook was the mafia that went to attack Mac?
But I don’t think so.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

tsp is mafia god
Lol I had so much on you and more I was gonna post if I didn’t die yet I didn’t even notice you posted that.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:53 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:53 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:49 pm Guess 1 - Guillo was a townsiding bisnitch all game and bussed all his team
Guess 2 - TSP is just mafia (caveat seems to be nobody else thinks this for probably some good reason I'm unaware of)
Guess 3 - It's LC
Did MacDougall just acknowledged that i've had great reads in this game? :slick:
if town absolutely best I've seen you play
good job guillo
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:49 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:53 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:53 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:49 pm Guess 1 - Guillo was a townsiding bisnitch all game and bussed all his team
Guess 2 - TSP is just mafia (caveat seems to be nobody else thinks this for probably some good reason I'm unaware of)
Guess 3 - It's LC
Did MacDougall just acknowledged that i've had great reads in this game? :slick:
if town absolutely best I've seen you play
good job guillo
Thank you mate
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 282

Post by falcon45ca »

GG all,thanks for the host DDL!
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

GG everyone.

Do we get winner banners? :D
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

When does the next Job go into sign ups? - Seems inefficient to not have one up yet.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:51 pm When does the next Job go into sign ups? - Seems inefficient to not have one up yet.
I think we are having an issue of lack of hosts lately, particularly for Jobs. They were okay with me leaving my game over a month in sign ups because there was no one else wanting to use the slot.

So if any of you wants to host a big game, now is a great time because the queue is short.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:10 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:51 pm When does the next Job go into sign ups? - Seems inefficient to not have one up yet.
I think we are having an issue of lack of hosts lately, particularly for Jobs. They were okay with me leaving my game over a month in sign ups because there was no one else wanting to use the slot.

So if any of you wants to host a big game, now is a great time because the queue is short.
I'm confused as to how the queue works, I'm ready to host any of my games lol.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 179
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

We're holding off until after the Game of Champions starts. Any Job that goes into signups now likely won't get any attention due to the GoC's presence, and it being a roughly similar format, so we'll hold off until then.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Guillotine wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:34 am GG everyone.

Do we get winner banners? :D
Here they are!

Courtesy of @Syn

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Noice!
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes

Return to “Previous Jobs”