GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Hell yeah?

Hell yeah
13%
HELL YEAH
63%
k
25%

Total votes: 16
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 978
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Post by alexa »

GGs. I got frustrated w/this game mainly because this was a challenging roll power-role wise for us to play with 2 goons + a negative-utility role + a 1-shot role cop + a vig we had to use on ourselves + a bpv + a 2-shot tracker VS. all the extra powers town had and the town-sided 3P joats, and then we ended up having dya loverized to sabie as a "prize." We attempted to kill ilario and missed.

The only thing I regret though is LP tying themselves to me, but I mis-interpreted my role and thought I could only die from being chopped.

Thanks for putting this together. I enjoyed day 1.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 617

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Nice
Spoiler: show
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Im glad this game ended when it dis because thought for sure i’d be spending most of it defending myself
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 266

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Belzy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:11 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:09 pm
Belzy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:09 pm I think i never played a good game until now with 20+ players in it, and it was 30+ lol
You need to experience 140
Omg, that is too long. I waa begging to get soupkilled at one point lol
What if I told you it takes under a week lmao
Progression cases are bad.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1419

Post by Creature »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:25 pm Im glad this game ended when it dis because thought for sure i’d be spending most of it defending myself
I sorta had it POEd down to you and Sloonei the last night so it definitely would've been hell.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 266

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:25 pm Im glad this game ended when it dis because thought for sure i’d be spending most of it defending myself
They always have to kill one of us first before taking on the other
Progression cases are bad.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:29 pm
I sorta had it POEd down to you and Sloonei the last night so it definitely would've been hell.
Glad I got there on dya

I can take solace that I didn’t play like a complete ass
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:31 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:29 pm
Glad I got there on dya

I can take solace that I didn’t play like a complete ass
You did pretty well defending yourself. Like, the only way you'd be wolf for me is if you have some experience dissuading players from pushing you as wolf.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I need to give proper kudos to @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, @dunya and @Syn.

This was the most organized big TS game I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. I'd never seen a Hub like the one Nook had here though I do realize it's been used in other games somewhere so no need to @ me lol!!! And then all those other servers for every possible group, tremendous. The mechanics and the roles were outstanding though I realize there are some who disagree with the loverization as a prize and maybe a few other things. The planning Nanook put into this had to take months.

@dunya and @Syn were extraordinary partners. We (+Nook) spent so much time reading the game and the servers and trying to make sure we were all on the same page together. One of the 4 of us were online 24 hours each day with a lot of overlap of course. I feel so lucky to have partnered with such dedicated and passionate people.

And of course, there wouldn't have been a game without the players. Everyone played so hard and so passionately and at the end of the day thats what made it a great game.

If you haven't read the spec chats you might want to do so. @MacDougall starred in a tragic-comedy a few days ago (I think he's fine now) and there were many debates and much hilarity.

Thanks everyone!!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 559
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

How did the soup mechanics work? How much info did the mafia team have about all the roles?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I feel like the ideal for mafia would've been to pick roles over players. They'd like receive knowledge on all roles and be able to pick the strongest ones to counter town.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:39 pm How did the soup mechanics work? How much info did the mafia team have about all the roles?
Here's the mechanic:

Cabbage Stew

Mafia have access to a soup kill--how does this work? Glad you asked! Once per game, Mafia can:

Forgo their factional kill
Designate one team member as the Soup Chef, this member cannot use any of their role abilities (note that a goon, if one exists, can only perform a soup kill if they are the last remaining team Mafia member)

Submit an ordered list of player names matched to role names and/or descriptions (mixing and matching is fine, only one need be submitted per player). The name or description does not need to be exact, but it does need to be reasonably close and unambiguous (i will seek my cohosts opinion(s) if something is borderline). If the list is perfect, everyone named will die. If the list is not perfect, everyone correctly matched up to the first incorrect guess will die, and the Soup Chef will be revealed as having performed the kill. This is the case whether the first incorrect match is the first name or the eighth name on the list. If a soup kill is attempted, regardless of how successful it is, it will be announced in the SoD post.

And the clarification:

Clarification on soup kills:

If a player has a role with multiple parts, mafia have to correctly identify at least TWO of those parts to soup them OR label them as a JOAT plus identify one of their abilities (all roles with multiple parts are considered a JOAT for soup purposes, even if not explicitly labeled as a JOAT in the role PM) OR correctly identify the name of the role. For example, to soup Alison mafia would have had to identify her role as Ra's al Ghul, JOAT plus one of [tracker/vanilla cop/poisoner], or two out of [tracker/vanilla cop/poisoner].
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:39 pm How did the soup mechanics work? How much info did the mafia team have about all the roles?
not much. we had a n0 result on a random player (was on nutella) as an exchange for having to kill someone in our faction (dya's loyal day vig). we then used dizzy's 1-shot rolecop on belzy because we figured belzy+porscha were linked

then we only had the info town shared, so we figured falcon was town JOAT. i think we speculated on you being the gift giver, but it was a risky soup
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 219

Post by hollowkatt »

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:32 pm My thought process for dyachei was: why would mafia give their only killing role to dyachei instead of someone else better at powerwolfing?

Had the same process for sabie12 and I think that was a lot stronger for sabie12 than for dyachei.
on the other hand when Dya decides to power wolf they're really really good at it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

alexa wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:47 pm
not much. we had a n0 result on a random player (was on nutella) as an exchange for having to kill someone in our faction (dya's loyal day vig). we then used dizzy's 1-shot rolecop on belzy because we figured belzy+porscha were linked

then we only had the info town shared, so we figured falcon was town JOAT. i think we speculated on you being the gift giver, but it was a risky soup
yeah syn posted the soup in spec chat. It failed because dya had me as the gift giver.

Why did you think I was that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 219

Post by hollowkatt »

Belzy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:40 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:30 pm The third party were probably the mvp of this game.
Ilario shot one wolf, and poisoned another. :werewolf:
Correction, Ilario poisoned one wolf. I shot the other one but had Ilario claim it b/c then we couldn't be souped off of that kill. I was hard breadcrumbing some type of bodyguard role to dodge soup post Dizzy shot.
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Not sure how the soup mech worked but i was hoping to soft claim as a watcher
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:50 pm

yeah syn posted the soup in spec chat. It failed because dya had me as the gift giver.

dya received an immunity ability on n1.

"Cuirass of the Savior’s Hide

You have received an item! It is the Cuirass of the Savior’s Hide. While you possess this item, you are immune to any non-lethal negative actions taken against you. This includes kill modifiers, but not kills themselves. You will be told if/when you lose possession of this item."

you softed that you were self-clearing in some way + i looked and you were the creator of a game that used a similar ability (and we were aware roles were assigned to people, not randomized) + you were reading dya as town. i dunno, it was really just speculation so i'm surprised they went for the soup with that with only 1 scum left. but, dya didn't have much time to play and was loverized to sabie so i can totally understand wanting to take a leap, i just would've erred on the more cautious side
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Dyslexicon »

GGs!

Nice work, 3p @ilario and @hollowkatt

Thank you so much, @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, @dunya and @Syn

Very well played to the mafia team, you all did well <3
Would scum again. 10/10
Except I would never scum again. =p
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Dyslexicon »

I finally lost a game I was mafia, and I can now relax next time I rand mafia lolol
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

alexa wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:53 pm

You have received an item! It is the Cuirass of the Savior’s Hide. While you possess this item, you are immune to any non-lethal negative actions taken against you. This includes kill modifiers, but not kills themselves. You will be told if/when you lose possession of this item."

you softed that you were self-clearing in some way + i looked and you were the creator of a game that used a similar ability (and we were aware roles were assigned to people, not randomized) + you were reading dya as town. i dunno, it was really just speculation so i'm surprised they went for the soup with that with only 1 scum left. but, dya didn't have much time to play and was loverized to sabie so i can totally understand wanting to take a leap, i just would've erred on the more cautious side
Oh nice, I was feeling jilted because I hadn’t seen any Elder Scrolls mechanics in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I was just a delayed watcher. Nook accidentally gave me my night 1 results on time tho.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

GG to the winners! Ilario is the town’s mvp for killing off alexa.

I had nothing to do with this town win, but I’ll take it. Thanks for the game nook- it was fun trying to figure out the hullabaloo in nonspoiled spec chat. But damn you people talk too much
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:11 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:53 pm

Oh nice, I was feeling jilted because I hadn’t seen any Elder Scrolls mechanics in this game.
It was hard to incorporate into the final design! I ended up with just the cuirass, but I kinda wish I'd figured out how to make the shrines work
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021

Post by EnderWiggin »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:43 am
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:39 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:36 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:35 am Remember when I was like "Creature has spent all these posts being useless, let's vote him out", and everyone was like "noooo you can't Creature is useless every game!"

Now Ender is useless. And he is a solving machine when he is townie. Do the math.
The funny part is where you've been wolf with me and I've acted my solving out.

I'm not going to lie, though, my effort this game has been very low and mostly for trolling. I'm not even mad if y'all vote me.

Just pay attention to my reads aye?
Reads such as?
You town.

Alexa kinda wolfy.

Linear .4 wolfy.

Pao wolfy if Alexa is town.

Mac town.

Alison not knowing how to read people having fun.

HK town.

Seanzie in a "IDK" land

ilario kinda scummy. Also kinda towny tho.

Dizzy wolfy (I didn't say this but I thought it.)

Marmot scummy.

Sabie town.

TSP wolfish.
For post game cred, my D1 readslist was only wrong about Mac. The only 3p on the list got "Kinda scummy but kinda towny" which is a perfect read. =P

Turns out my reads accuracy goes up when I'm trolling.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 513

Post by LinearPoint »

Scotty wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:20 pm GG to the winners! Ilario is the town’s mvp for killing off alexa.

I had nothing to do with this town win, but I’ll take it. Thanks for the game nook- it was fun trying to figure out the hullabaloo in nonspoiled spec chat. But damn you people talk too much
The 3Ps really pulled it out for town.
Town killed like 3 of the 7 Mafia.
The vigilantes really preferred shooting town lol.
ImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 400
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

LinearPoint wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:07 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:20 pm GG to the winners! Ilario is the town’s mvp for killing off alexa.

The 3Ps really pulled it out for town.
Town killed like 3 of the 7 Mafia.
The vigilantes really preferred shooting town lol.
Ilario did what i would have done if i was a vig. I would have killed Alexa a lot earlier and then Mac, probably Dyachei if mot Mac.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021

Post by Guillotine »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:00 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:43 am
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:39 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:36 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:35 am Remember when I was like "Creature has spent all these posts being useless, let's vote him out", and everyone was like "noooo you can't Creature is useless every game!"

Now Ender is useless. And he is a solving machine when he is townie. Do the math.
The funny part is where you've been wolf with me and I've acted my solving out.

I'm not going to lie, though, my effort this game has been very low and mostly for trolling. I'm not even mad if y'all vote me.

Just pay attention to my reads aye?
Reads such as?
You town.

Alexa kinda wolfy.

Linear .4 wolfy.

Pao wolfy if Alexa is town.

Mac town.

Alison not knowing how to read people having fun.

HK town.

Seanzie in a "IDK" land

ilario kinda scummy. Also kinda towny tho.

Dizzy wolfy (I didn't say this but I thought it.)

Marmot scummy.

Sabie town.

TSP wolfish.
For post game cred, my D1 readslist was only wrong about Mac. The only 3p on the list got "Kinda scummy but kinda towny" which is a perfect read. =P

Turns out my reads accuracy goes up when I'm trolling.
Great readlist tbh
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D2a

Post by Guillotine »

Guillotine wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:00 pm
dyachei wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:39 pm guillo just thinks im a wolf because I called him one for focusing on 3p
No. That’s not it. I think you are a wolf because because you make sense in a world where Phil, Marmot, Tony and 112 were all picked by a Captain, i think you are a wolf because you are in your wolf meta, where you slank and try to use your clout as an influential player of this community to opportunistically push on players you perceive as LHF, i wolf read you because the other group of players whom i think are scum with you have barely interacted with you and when they have, it’s been insignificantly unimportant and I wolf read you because you used the word “focusing” on 3P hunting, when at the time it was the first time i brought it up and before me, others have and I have not seen you pushing thrm for it, which means you were looking for a reason to scum read me.
I take pride of this read. Behavior reads trump mechanics. Perhaps this will teach you not to let charm and community clout cloud your judgement and see wolfy players for what they are next time yah? :flamed:
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Now where is my champions banner? =)
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes

Banners are in the process of being made
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 227

Post by 112 »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:27 pm GG team thanks for the carry.
np
Paopan
The Mark
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: Paopan
Aka: God of ICT

Post by Paopan »

Gee gee :goofp: :goofp: :goofp:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:13 pm
Belzy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:11 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:09 pm
Belzy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:09 pm I think i never played a good game until now with 20+ players in it, and it was 30+ lol
You need to experience 140
Omg, that is too long. I waa begging to get soupkilled at one point lol
The last two Mafia Universe anniversary mashes were like this and I lived pretty long in both. Imagine the pain.

I've only played one mash and it broke the site.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 4

Post by MacDougall »

If we had have won we would have won.

I regret nothing.

I killed Marmot not dyachei I just had her claim it. We had a loyal vigi and had to kill someone and c4 was aiming at him so I made a judgement call.

Gg town and 3p. Seanzie you're terrifying.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 4

Post by MacDougall »

Also big ups to dya for literally giving birth.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:30 am Banners are in the process of being made
ok
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes

Belatedly, courtesy of @Long Con:

Winners banner for:

@ 112
@ Alison
@ Belzy
@ BoKnows
@ c4e5g3d5
@ Creature
@ DrWilgy
@ EnderWiggin
@ falcon45ca
@ Guillotine
@ hollowkatt
@ ilario
@ Justplayingitcool
@ KZA
@ Master Radishes
@ NotAnAxehole
@ nutella
@ Paopan
@ Porscha
@ sabie12
@ Scotty
@ Seanzie
@ sig
@ Sloonei
@ Urist

(to be clear, LC got them to me like a week ago, I just kept forgetting to post them!)
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:05 am (to be clear, LC got them to me like a week ago, I just kept forgetting to post them!)
slacker
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D6

Post by Marmot »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:06 pm So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I've been playing Factorio, and an achievement with this exact name was just added to the game a couple weeks. I don't think I'd ever heard it before, so it's funny to see it twice in such a short span. :haha:

(I also did look it up and saw it was a Hitchhiker's Guide reference)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”