GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Hell yeah?

Hell yeah
13%
HELL YEAH
63%
k
25%

Total votes: 16
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Hello and welcome to the Game of Champions: Nanook Edition. I STRONGLY suggest you read all the rules and mechanics stuff ive broken up into more manageable spoilers here in the OP, or you will likely be dazed and confused (for so long it's not true). Much like Levar Burton, I am imploring you to read. Please. Read. If you're reading this, read the spoilered stuff too. Please.

Dunia and juliets have agreed to help me with some hosting duties, if you see them posting in thread consider it to be a host post.

There is a night action submission server, located here. Joining is mandatory, as this is also where you'll receive your role PM!

If you wish to join spec chat and are not a player, you may also join the server linked above!

This game is a celebration of the year in mafia on the Syndicate. Let's have some fun, treat each other like people, and have a great time playing a highly experimental and swingy game! Yay!

A word from our sponsors:
Spoiler: show
Remember that the premier rules in any Syndicate Mafia game come straight from the site rules. Review those rules below, and direct any concerns you may have to the host or moderator(s) on duty.

[Link] Rules and Guidelines on The Syndicate

Also always be mindful of the culture of respect that must be maintained in all Syndicate spaces at all times, to include this game thread and any external communication spaces relating to the game. Players must be respectful to one another, to the game host, to the members of the staff overseeing the game, to the game itself by way of its rules and spirit, to the Syndicate community in general, and ideally also to themselves. Respect is never optional. See our full manifesto on our culture of respect below.

[Link] A Syndicate Mafia Culture of Respect

Various mechanics:
Hand of God

If a player posts fewer than five times during a full 48+ hour day, the mafia team may use an unpreventable, undetectable kill on them. This kill may be used on ALL players who make fewer than 5 posts, and mafia will still have access to their normal factional NK as well.

Alignment Assignments

During n0, a Mafia Captain was selected. This player was given the choice to hand pick players for their team OR to hand pick the Mafia's roles from a non-exhaustive list of possible roles in the game. IF the Captain selected players, a set of roles was RNGed and the mafia were allowed to assign them amongst the team as desired. IF the captain selected roles, the team was RNGed and the mafia were allowed to assign roles as desired. Following the mafia selection process, any 3ps that may exist were randed, and then the remaining roles were assigned to the remaining town players.

This is all considered fair game to read into, do so at your own risk.

Cabbage Stew

Mafia have access to a soup kill--how does this work? Glad you asked! Once per game, Mafia can:

Forgo their factional kill
Designate one team member as the Soup Chef, this member cannot use any of their role abilities (note that a goon, if one exists, can only perform a soup kill if they are the last remaining team Mafia member)

Submit an ordered list of player names matched to role names and/or descriptions (mixing and matching is fine, only one need be submitted per player). The name or description does not need to be exact, but it does need to be reasonably close and unambiguous (i will seek my cohosts opinion(s) if something is borderline). If the list is perfect, everyone named will die. If the list is not perfect, everyone correctly matched up to the first incorrect guess will die, and the Soup Chef will be revealed as having performed the kill. This is the case whether the first incorrect match is the first name or the eighth name on the list. If a soup kill is attempted, regardless of how successful it is, it will be announced in the SoD post.

Phil and Gloria
Sprityo and MacDougall will be playing as a hydra under the name Phil and Gloria. They share a slot, a role, and an alignment. If they are town, for soup purposes they are considered whatever their additional role is (if any), and submitting Hydra next to their names would count as an incorrect guess.

Host Rules
Host Rules

The host rules are: don’t be a dick, no excessive ATE*, don’t angleshoot or quote role PMs and/or host and/or private communication, don't talk to people about the game outside the thread (unless explicitly allowed to by the host and in host designated spaces), no cross game reads, i don't care about reading into subs or modkills (it's explicitly allowed, do so at your own risk), GM will handle everything without consideration for alignment, GM reserves the right to modify remove or add rules as needed.

*defined as: statements that directly say or imply that something in the game is having a negative impact on someone’s out of game relationships or well-being. if you believe the game is having a negative impact on your life and/or your health, please contact myself and one of the Mods on Duty (dunya, syn, and juliets). Please report directly to us rather than using the report post feature, as several people with access to those reports are in this game and I'd prefer to avoid that whole situation.

Voting, phases, and miscellaneous

A standard day phase will be approximately 48 hours long. A standard night phase will be approximately 24 hours long. There may be mechanics that can or will alter this, if there are they will be announced. Adjustments may be made based on my schedule, these will be announced as they come up.

EOD and SOD will both be at 6pm EST.

Voting is plurality by default, with no hammer. If there is a change to how voting works, it will be announced. Ties are determined by the group mafia. If no tiebreaker is submitted within 5-10 minutes of the day ending, the tie will be resolved in mafia’s favor (and/or randomized if the tie is between players of the same alignment).

If the group mafia team is eliminated, any lost mafia that may exist will inherit the factional kill and the tie break. If there are no lost mafia, it will be inherited by a third party. There will be an announcement when any faction is completely eliminated from the game.

Unless otherwise stated, only votes made in the poll are considered official. You may call votes in thread if you wish, it is not required for your vote to be counted.

All night actions are due by 4pm EST. All day actions are due by 4pm EST. This is to allow the hosts time to ensure that action resolution is correct. There may or may not be mechanics that alter and/or restrict abilities at Fx (KILO). Day actions will not take effect until one hour after the beginning of the day, although they may be presubmitted if desired.

If there is one or more Vanilla Town in this game, they received this role PM:
Vanilla Town

Man, can you imagine how much it must suck to play a high power role madness game and not get a cool role? Haha, yeah. Anyways, you're vanilla town, good luck.

The town wincon is:
You are town, and win when all threats to town have been eliminated.
The game begins with 7 mafia and at least one third party faction.

Your friendly neighborhood MoDs:
Syn wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:30 pm Hello! I'm Syn, one of your friendly neighbourhood Moderators on Duty (MoDs).

Nanook is co-hosting this game with @dunya and @juliets, who will both also be acting as MoDs.

If you would like to reach one of us, you can PM us here on the Syndicate or DM us on Discord. Here's the info you need for that:

JULIETS
Discord ID: juliets#5354
Syndicate PM: Click me
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5)

DUNYA
Discord ID: dunia#3479
Time Zone: Central European Standard Time (UTC+1)

SYN
Discord ID: Syn#1702
Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8)

While it is not necessary to include all of us in a message, it can help—especially if you need help sooner rather than later!

Please remember that every other player is also human. We all make mistakes. None of us are perfect. Treat others with respect and exercise self-care if you feel yourself beginning to get angry or upset at the game. If you need to vent and have no one to turn to, messaging a MoD is an excellent decision to make. We are also available for reports of any suspected rule breaking. Consider us your lifeline so that the game state remains healthy and exciting for everyone.

If you have game-related queries, Nanook, Dunya, and Juliets are all capable of answering your questions.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021

Role PMs, much like Christmas and the husband of the best friend of the female lead in a rom com that has 30 to 90 seconds of screen time, have come early! You can access your role PM in the GoC Hub server, linked to below. This is also where you will submit any actions you may have. If there is not a link to scum chat in your channel, you are town! Congratulations.

The OP will be updated shortly with a link to this server as well as some additional mechanics information.

D1 begins January 28 at 6pm eastern.

https://discord.gg/JjRCSkPSbD
@ 112
@ alexa
@ Alison
@ Belzy
@ BoKnows
@ c4e5g3d5
@ Creature
@ DrWilgy
@ dyachei
@ Dyslexicon
@ EnderWiggin
@ falcon45ca
@ Guillotine
@ hollowkatt
@ ilario
@ Justplayingitcool
@ KZA
@ LinearPoint
@ Marmot
@ Master Radishes
@ NotAnAxehole
@ nutella
@ Paopan
@ Phil and Gloria
@ Porscha
@ sabie12
@ Scotty
@ Seanzie
@ sig
@ Sloonei
@ TonyStarkPrime
@ Urist
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syn »

Hello! I'm Syn, one of your friendly neighbourhood Moderators on Duty (MoDs).

Nanook is co-hosting this game with @dunya and @juliets, who will both also be acting as MoDs.

If you would like to reach one of us, you can PM us here on the Syndicate or DM us on Discord. Here's the info you need for that:

JULIETS
Discord ID: juliets#5354
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5)

DUNYA
Discord ID: dunia#3479
Time Zone: Central European Standard Time (UTC+1)

SYN
Discord ID: Syn#1702
Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8)

While it is not necessary to include all of us in a message, it can help—especially if you need help sooner rather than later!

Please remember that every other player is also human. We all make mistakes. None of us are perfect. Treat others with respect and exercise self-care if you feel yourself beginning to get angry or upset at the game. If you need to vent and have no one to turn to, messaging a MoD is an excellent decision to make. We are also available for reports of any suspected rule breaking. Consider us your lifeline so that the game state remains healthy and exciting for everyone.

If you have game-related queries, Nanook, Dunya, and Juliets are all capable of answering your questions.
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

SOD1

The time has finally come…it’s the official start of day one of the Game of Champions! I hope you all had your wheaties this morning.

And with the break of dawn comes an announcement! Hark!

Event!

Think you have what it takes to win?? Come test your mettle at the Rock Paper Scissors Battle Royale! Sign up in your Hub channel. The event will start around January 29, 6pm EST, and will be held over discord. Real time interaction is required, event will take up to 35 or so minutes to complete. Winner(s) will receive a prize that is sure to help you! Participation is highly encouraged.

There will also be a special announcement made during the Sockies zoom presentation on January 29 (start at 5pm EST, exact announcement time TBD), there will be a post in thread with the same information for those unable to attend.

Day will end January 30 6pm Eastern, let’s have a good clean game and let’s have some fun!
@ 112
@ alexa
@ Alison
@ Belzy
@ BoKnows
@ c4e5g3d5
@ Creature
@ DrWilgy
@ dyachei
@ Dyslexicon
@ EnderWiggin
@ falcon45ca
@ Guillotine
@ hollowkatt
@ ilario
@ Justplayingitcool
@ KZA
@ LinearPoint
@ Marmot
@ Master Radishes
@ NotAnAxehole
@ nutella
@ Paopan
@ Phil and Gloria
@ Porscha
@ sabie12
@ Scotty
@ Seanzie
@ sig
@ Sloonei
@ TonyStarkPrime
@ Urist
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 266

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

SilverKeith (15)
Progression cases are bad.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

First!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dang, sniped
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Also, I'm very likely going to do something anti-town before EoD. Don't blame me. Blame Nanook and the memes.

falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 317

Post by falcon45ca »

I am town!

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 617

Post by Justplayingitcool »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:01 pm SilverKeith (15)
I understood that reference
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:02 pm Also, I'm very likely going to do something anti-town before EoD. Don't blame me. Blame Nanook and the memes.
Sweet

[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 978
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

JHFDJDHjdfdsjhflkjdshfkjfhjdsfhHJHJKFHDJLDFJHLFDJFdhLKJDHDdsfadsfdsfdsfdsfdsfdimgayfdsjfkdsafdkDSAUSKDJSJFKFH
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:04 pm
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:02 pm Also, I'm very likely going to do something anti-town before EoD. Don't blame me. Blame Nanook and the memes.
Sweet

No, this vote should be on Nanook.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hi, my name is DrWilgy, and I am most definitely a doctor.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

alexa wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:04 pm imgay
Do I win something
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Oh this game we get special events that should be fun! I always enjoy a game with unique elements.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 219

Post by hollowkatt »

HENLO SYNDIKATTS! I HAVE MISSED YOU
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:05 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:04 pm imgay
Do I win something
yes, a vig shot ;)
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:05 pm
Sweet

You first
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Marmot wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:05 pm Hi, my name is DrWilgy, and I am most definitely a doctor.
Hi Marmot, my name is DrWigly, and I am most definitely a doctor.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:07 pm
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:05 pm
Sweet

You first
[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

[VOTE: sleep] aubergine

we need all the information we can get, sleep does that for us
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:06 pm HENLO SYNDIKATTS! I HAVE MISSED YOU
Holy fuxk, now the party can begin
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Oh man sleep is an option? I definitely need that
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:08 pm [VOTE: sleep] aubergine

we need all the information we can get, sleep does that for us
Dammit, HK is Maf

You have to see it happen to someone so young

[VOTE: HK] aubergine
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Urist »

Marmot wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:05 pm Hi, my name is DrWilgy, and I am most definitely a doctor.
I'm a cop so please protect me
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:08 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:06 pm HENLO SYNDIKATTS! I HAVE MISSED YOU
Holy fuxk, now the party can begin
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

now that falcon has taken my bait I shall rescind my call for sleeping for NO townie ever sleeps. Sleep is the domain of nightmares and wolves.

[VOTE: Falcon] aubergine

This is not a drill
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 805

Post by Phil and Gloria »

Dear mafia.

I am here to fuck on you.
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 513

Post by LinearPoint »

So many new faces, hello all.
ImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:13 pm Dear mafia.

townie af I like you hello
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

I don't think any of the images this post conjured were the ones you intended
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:19 pm

I dunno it conjured lots for me
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 513

Post by LinearPoint »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:19 pm

The more Neeko reads it the more Neeko gets images. Some less wholesome.
ImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

hk what was towny about that and do you have experience with them
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine

i have a n0 guilty on nutella, let's go
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1419

Post by Creature »

Why does the game always start when I'm the most low energy?
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:21 pm hk what was towny about that and do you have experience with them
it made me laugh, gave my mafia playing parts a tingle, and no, I have no gorram clue who that is. But I like the post.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1419

Post by Creature »

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:22 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:21 pm hk what was towny about that and do you have experience with them
it made me laugh, gave my mafia playing parts a tingle, and no, I have no gorram clue who that is. But I like the post.
Not w/w for obvious reasons
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

alexa wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:21 pm [VOTE: nutella] aubergine

should have waited for her to post for a while then revealed.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:24 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:21 pm [VOTE: nutella] aubergine

should have waited for her to post for a while then revealed.
yes maybe but i'm impatient

it's just "town" or "non-town" so technically she could be 3P but she is non-town
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Isn't it Mac and spirityo? It sounds like a Mac post. That should be a fun combo.
~Darren Shan~
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 212
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

sup
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:33 pm
Isn't it Mac and spirityo? It sounds like a Mac post. That should be a fun combo.
Another less confident not w/w

(w/ Mac not hk)
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 445

Post by Master Radishes »

Hard claiming Gambit Demon from Shadow Corridors. It's a little modified from the original version but still keeps the spirit of it. Here's the basic rundown.

- I offer a permanent ability to someone at night. abilities are: track, roleblock, silence (can't speak during next day), disenfranchise (can't vote during next day), give a post restriction, thieving (steal the abilities of who you voted for), protecting, bus driving

- If my offer is accepting, they gain the ability, but I can choose one of two options: either all night actions cast on me get redirected to them the next night OR all votes cast on me get redirected to them the next day.

- I fulfil my win condition if the number of people who I've bargained with exceed the number of people who haven't.

I'm gonna offer the same deal that I proposed in shadow corridors. Y'all come up with consensus town and I'll offer powers to them. In exchange I get a free win, you get free power roles, everyone profits.

FAQ
- how do we know you aren't tricking us into some horrible fate???
take it on trust, host read that they aren't going to have a 3P nuke half the game in GOC, whatever. In Shadow Corridors I proposed some tactics to guard against 3P betrayal, you can try those. Yes I know I was mafia that game but my tactics were legit.

- what if the mafia soupkills you???
imagine being a coward and soupkilling the gambit demon instead of trying to go deep and get the power offered to you instead

- how do we know you're not mafia pretending to be a 3P???
my plan is pretty clearly laid out to give me a free win while also helping the town out. I fully intend to have "auto" from post 1 and will be putting in close to 0 effort to solve or influence the game from this point on. It doesn't make much strategical sense for me to do that if I'm mafia, especially since it will become too obvious that I'm lying about being 3P as the game goes on.

- how do we know you won't side with the mafia after you win like the original Gambit Demon did???
Long Con sided with mafia because he was sentimental and wanted to root for the underdog. I am not sentimental. Siding with the mafia after the town gave me my win is pointless. I have already gotten my win; putting in extra effort is not only meaningless, it actively compromises my ability to make further deals in this vein when I roll 3P in the future. It's strictly suboptimal to do that, so you can be pretty sure I won't do it.

make sure to @ me if you want to tell me who your consensus town to bargain is or have any questions/comments, since I won't be reading the thread closely.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 445

Post by Master Radishes »

not copypasta, legit claim
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Damn, guess Radish endgames now