[SIGN-UPs] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Moderator: Community Team

Are you ready!!!!!!!???

Indeeeeed! (I am playing!)
91%
Perhaaaaaps! (I will be a replacement!)
3%
I am a loser and Ziltoid will destroy me! (I am not playing, somehow!)
6%

Total votes: 33
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

[SIGN-UPs] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by Tangrowth »

Avant-Garde Mafia 2: The Ultimate Dimensional Battle

It’s Mafia like you’ve never seen it before: Avant-Garde style. Well, wait, maybe you have. But it is different this time. The stakes are exponential, the scope is omnidimensional.

This time it is ultimate.

With special guest: Ziltoid the Omniscient!

Image "YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"

And others. But Ziltoid says they're not important.

Civvies (15)

Non-Musicians (3)

The Omnidimensional Creator – Creator of everything in the omniverse, he now finds himself threatened by evil beings. Despite being the creator of all matter, he really is not that articulate or intelligent and speaks in a matter befitting a stereotypical male surfer in his 20s rather than a mystical being. He can resurrect any player of his choice twice in the game, but when he attempts to do so he may be too distracted (or stupid, as scientists have not determined which) to execute it with complete success. A coin is flipped; if heads, The Omnidimensional Creator chooses the player to be resurrected. If tails, the player is randomly selected from those currently dead. The Omnidimensional Creator automatically survives the first night kill attempt against him.

Captain Spectacular – Has joined the human forces to lead them in battle against his enemy Ziltoid. As a man of incredible insight, he can see right through Ziltoid’s façade. Consequently, he is impervious to being affected by Ziltoid and his army, and if he is targeted by any member of Ziltoid’s army he uncovers his targeter’s identity with what he believes to be perfect accuracy. In reality, his accuracy in determining his enemy in this scenario really is closer to perhaps forty, fifty, or sixty percent. Let’s go with fifty.

Residents Fanboy – Listens to no other music but The Residents and knows more about them than anyone else. The only thing he does not know is their true identities, and is incredibly desperate to, even going so far as to steal Mr. Skull’s previous red eyeball mask. Consequently, he is impervious to being affected by The Residents, and if he is targeted by of them he uncovers his targeter’s identity with what he believes to be perfect accuracy. In reality, his accuracy in determining his enemy in this scenario really is closer to perhaps forty, fifty, or sixty percent. Again, fifty is probably a safe bet for an accurate estimation.

Musicians (12)

Frank Zappa – As a master composer and bandleader, Zappa attempts to find new high-quality musicians to jam with and thus selects one player of his choice every night. If the player he finds is a non-musician, nothing happens. If the player he finds is a musician, something happens. If the player he finds is specifically Captain Beefheart, Zappa and Beefheart additionally gain BTSC for the remainder of the game. If the player he finds is a member of the Residents, something bizarre happens. (Secrets)

Captain Beefheart – Now abandoned by his entire magic band, all that Captain Beefheart has at his disposal are his rotten fish heads. He throws a fish head at any player of his choice other than himself every night, causing them to stink the entire subsequent day period. He gains BTSC with Frank Zappa if found by him. (Secrets)

Mike Patton – Impersonates a player of his choice every odd night and subsequently attempts to mimic that player’s persona the subsequent night. Mike Patton has a fifty percent chance of successfully mimicking his target and a fifty percent chance of failing. Whether by intention or mistake, Mike Patton does not fare so well on attempting to impersonate beings of mystic or evil proportions, decreasing his chances of success. Those particularly evil may resist even still too fiercely.

Fred Frith – Conducts a march every night. One coin is flipped, plus one more if Chris Cutler is still alive. For each coin that flips heads, he can choose one player and force that player to join his march for the subsequent day's activities. Any player caught in Frith’s march must vote the way Frith wants them to and must not make it obvious they were forced. Has BTSC with Chris Cutler.

Chris Cutler – Throws his drumsticks every night at any two players of his choice in an attempt to role block them. A coin is flipped; if it flips heads, then both players are role blocked. If tails, nothing happens. Has BTSC with Fred Frith.

John Cage – Silences one player of his choice every night, excluding them from the subsequent day's activities. (Secrets)

Steve Reich – This composer strives for structure and proper strategy; he closely watches his fellow players in an attempt to make sense of night actions. On Night 1, he selects three individuals whose actions he wants to track with his tape recorder, and each night thereafter he adds a new player to his tracked group. He can drop any one given player from his tracking group during any night period as well, but is not required to. He can see the targets of all the players in his tracking group but is not aware which target belongs to which player, normally. If certain patterns occur in his group’s night targets, however, he gains even more knowledge. (Secrets)

Iannis Xenakis – This incredibly influential composer utilizes mathematical models in his music that at times even enable him to influence the fabric of spacetime. Each day and night he arranges his group of musicians and conducts them in one of his compositions; if feeling particularly inspired, he is actually able to tamper with the forces of time itself. Consequently, Xenakis may end up to one day and two nights of his choice early throughout the game.

ChaotH – This avant-garde metal bassist is more than accustomed to time signature changes, allowing him to be a master of sleight of hand and agility. By the end of every day, he can select a player of his choice and assist that player in dodging the time limits of the coming night. The player he assists will consequently be able to use their night power twice within that same night, but will be too tired to use their power the subsequent night, or the next time the player would typically use their power if not every night. If ChaotH targets a player who does not have a night power that night, nothing happens.

Moondog – This blind musician, nicknamed "The Viking of 6th Avenue", considers himself an independent crusader of justice, but will only strike others if he feels he is being threatened or misunderstood. Once he feels he is being adequately threatened, Moondog will use his spear and all of his willpower to attack any perceived enemies. If he loses the means or will to do so, he then wanders the streets in hopes of concealing himself. (Secrets)

Damo Suzuki – This crazed singer has a personal bag of mushrooms he can tap into every night. Others might consider him an expert on the matter of such substances, but he is really too inarticulate most of the time to even consider the thought himself. He can grab one mushroom at random out of his bag every night to use on himself or on another player of his choice. Unbeknownst to Damo, there may be a few other random non-mushroom items in that bag as well. (Secrets)

Exuma – Conducts a ritual every night to keep away the evil spirits and curse those willing to cross his path. (Secrets)

Ziltoid the Omniscient’s Army (4)
Ziltoid's team kills every odd night.
Ziltoid the Omniscient – The ultimate fourth-dimensional guitar hero searches all across the omniverse for the ultimate cup of coffee. Unsatisfied by what Earth has to offer, he decides instead to conquer the planet and take control of the entire omniverse. Benefits greatly if Captain Spectacular is lynched. (Secrets)

Commander Squizloid – Ziltoid’s right hand man and second in command. He absorbs every night action that Ziltoid is targeted with until death. His most important role is commanding the army’s back-up fleets. (Secrets)

Ziltoidian Monk – He prays every night for the safety of Ziltoid and his comrades. If his prayer is successful, any members on his team may live to see another day. Naturally, he prays harder for his own survival than anyone else’s, however. (Secrets)

The Greys – Shapeshift into whatever they want every even night. Have a unique power that Ziltoid bestowed upon them. (Secrets)

The Residents (4)
The Residents kill every even night.
Mr. Skull – Likes to cause chaos and confusion. Benefits greatly if Residents Fanboy is lynched. (Secrets)

Blue Eyeball – Likes to cause chaos and confusion. (Secrets)

Green Eyeball – Likes to cause chaos and confusion. (Secrets)

Brown Eyeball – Likes to cause chaos and confusion. (Secrets)

Duo of Destruction (2)

The Mysterious Voice – Master and controller of many alternate dimensions. It is looking to invade and fully conquer the third dimension, and its first step in doing so is enslaving mankind and anything else that gets in its way. (Secrets)

Herman the Planet Smasher – Enlisted by the Mysterious Voice to do his bidding. Likes to smash stuff, especially planets and people. Oh, and he hates musicals. (Secrets)

...AND WITH MORE ROLES TO BE ADDED AND REVEALED!

Players (30 out of ??):
Devin the Omniscient
Mr. Droopy Cash
S~V~S
birdwithteeth11
DisgruntledPorcupine
reywaS
triceratopzeuhl
The Truth
LittleTiger
Kate
Leech
Jokreher
Benthayer15
Roxy
BoatsBoatsBoats
Illyria
Captain Bunny Killer
Epignosis
bea
Vompatti
crusty_mustard
insertnamehere
chaindeath
rabbit8
Boomslang
DharmaHelper
DFaraday
AceofSpaces
axxon n
LoRab

Replacements (1):
Wazzipi
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: [SIGN-UPs] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by Draconus »

I am playing!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mr. Droopy Cash »

Nothin' like a sad sack of cash in a game of Mafia! I'm in!
You can just call me...."The Best"
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So glad to see both of you were the first two to sign up for the game. This is going to be awesome. :drums:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 9

Post by S~V~S »

I have not missed a Sock game yet, and the first Avant was actually my inspiration for what Mafia Anarchy can truly be.

In.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

NO! I would never play such a silly little game HUUUUUUUUUMAAAAAAANS! :feb:

Hold on, let me just...fetch my cup of coffee....*chugchugchug*

Okay! Now I'll play! :dance:
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Definitely in. :D
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Neat!

:yay:
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

Count me in
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
The Truth
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Truth »

I'm in.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

I shall play! I don't think I have played a Sock game yet....
ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

By the way I'm going to be gone until New Years, don't start without me :[
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

I'll. Play :)
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

You know what, the player names are in white as are the smilies and they are really hard to see/read.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Definitely in.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Kate wrote:You know what, the player names are in white as are the smilies and they are really hard to see/read.
Switch out of Pro Silver into Lucid Lime. Not sure why it is called that, but it is gray, not green. It is wasier to see the default colors there as they are set up for a dark style.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Now it's blue! Wow u guys are quick!!!
Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

How awesome, I can't wait <3
;)
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

I'm in :driveby:
Illyria
The Mark

Post by Illyria »

Hello all.

Like the shiny site.

I am IN. Bring it! :feb:

Are we allowed to curse here?? :confused:
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

I'm in.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks to all of you who have signed up so far!

The game will start either Tuesday, January 1st or Wednesday, January 2nd, assuming we have enough players by then. I also have a 30-player version of this game all ready to go if we exceed 25 players, so we still have plenty of room!

Illyria wrote:Hello all.

Like the shiny site.

I am IN. Bring it! :feb:

Are we allowed to curse here?? :confused:
Yes, you are.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Count me in.

Also, if you have not done so, check out Gladiators. It's much simpler than it looks at first glance.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Illy did not vote in the poll, so it is 17 now :D
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

THE RESIDENTS RULZORZ!!!!!!!!!! GO MR SKULL! GO EYEBALL TEAM OF AWESOME! Oh, wait that was last time. Good times that game!!! :D

TEEFIES!!!! TROOOFEEEEE!!!! TRICEY!!!!!!!! MORE AWESOME PROGGERS!!!!!!!!!

ILLLLLY!!!! KATE!!!!! LT!!!!! SVS!!!!!

SO MUCH AWESOME I CANT FRACKING TAKE IT!!!!!!

I'M IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN! :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:Count me in.

Also, if you have not done so, check out Gladiators. It's much simpler than it looks at first glance.
I am totally in as soon as I am done with all the current hosting, admin, etc. stuff that is populating my to do list, lol. I agree with Robert here; check out Gladiators, anyone and everyone, it should be pretty awesome.

bea wrote:THE RESIDENTS RULZORZ!!!!!!!!!! GO MR SKULL! GO EYEBALL TEAM OF AWESOME! Oh, wait that was last time. Good times that game!!! :D

TEEFIES!!!! TROOOFEEEEE!!!! TRICEY!!!!!!!! MORE AWESOME PROGGERS!!!!!!!!!

ILLLLLY!!!! KATE!!!!! LT!!!!! SVS!!!!!

SO MUCH AWESOME I CANT FRACKING TAKE IT!!!!!!

I'M IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN! :D
Good to see you, bea, so glad you're in for installment of Avant #2! :dance:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

socky - you know how it works - I'm playing yours so you come play mine. :D :p

(awe, who am I kidding, we all knew I was playing yours as soon as you posted it regardless. ;))
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

bea wrote:socky - you know how it works - I'm playing yours so you come play mine. :D :p

(awe, who am I kidding, we all knew I was playing yours as soon as you posted it regardless. ;))
As long as I feel like I have the appropriate time to play yours over at HV, I am in. I just didn't want to make a decision and then not have enough time, lol. We shall see.

But it is awesome to have you in another one of these crazy Sockface games. :drums:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

I am totally in as soon as I am done with all the current hosting, admin, etc. stuff that is populating my to do list, lol. I agree with Robert here; check out Gladiators, anyone and everyone, it should be pretty awesome.
I wasn't directing that at you specifically. Just making a general announcement. Sorry!
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I wasn't directing that at you specifically. Just making a general announcement. Sorry!
Haha, no worries, I wasn't sure, so I went ahead and commented on my behalf anyway. :drums:
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I woudln't mind playing.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yay Vomp :lorab:

*BUMP*
Illyria
The Mark

Post by Illyria »

S~V~S wrote:Illy did not vote in the poll, so it is 17 now :D
Heh.. Sorry. I have voted now. :D

Does this forum have the same thing TP does where you can't multi quote across pages??
crusty_mustard

Post by crusty_mustard »

Greetings, humans!

It's Andy, once known as andyman1125. I'm excited for my next round of mafia! It's been a while, but I'll get the hang of it again.
More commonly referred to as "the andyman of 1125"
Or just Andy.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

yay vomp!!!! yay andy!!!!!! :)
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

This is going to be awesome!! I can't wait to play with you guys!!!
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
The Truth

Post by The Truth »

bea wrote:yay vomp!!!! yay andy!!!!!! :)
Indeed!
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

bea wrote: TRICEY!!!!!!!!
never forget
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sadly, I can't play this game because I will be covering the modly duties so the other mods can play. Plus I will start a small game about halfway through so deadies still have something to do :)
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Illyria wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Illy did not vote in the poll, so it is 17 now :D
Heh.. Sorry. I have voted now. :D

Does this forum have the same thing TP does where you can't multi quote across pages??
That's a good question; I am pretty sure it is the same as TP. However, it is definitely something we can look into ASAP.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
bea wrote: TRICEY!!!!!!!!
never forget

How could I forget? I made socky sig it once because I won a bet. :D
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You need an avatar~ :whistle:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Only role name I recognize is Frank Zappa. But hey, screw it.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

I know all but Iannis Xenakis. :D
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Oh I don't know Exuma either.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:You need an avatar~ :whistle:
I know, but it's glorry doesn't translate that well small. It may end up being *my* sig though. :)
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon

Post by chaindeath »

I wish to be included, if you'll have me.
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training

Post by rabbit8 »

The hell?

:WTF:
The Truth

Post by The Truth »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Oh I don't know Exuma either.
He is great!

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

chaindeath wrote:I wish to be included, if you'll have me.
Gladly!

You should vote in the poll as well. :dance:

rabbit8 wrote:The hell?

:WTF:
I assume you're asking about Captain Bunny Killer. :haha:

I wondered what you would say when you saw there was someone with that screenname.

Return to “Previous Job Sign-Ups”