Highway Heist (MAFIA WIN)

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a masochistic road thug? (Hammer at 4)

Poll ended at Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:00 pm

c4e5g3d5
No votes
Hally
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Macdougall
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
No votes
NotAnAxeHole
40%
Host/other
60%

Total votes: 10
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 273
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Highway Heist (DAY 3- MYLO)

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:41 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:39 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:36 am Okay I am going to add that Nanook himself has multiple times told us to stop townreading him for telling Jay to fuck off. I think we should probably heed that warning.

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."

I think if I were to stop giving Nanook any credit for that, I would have him as my top wolf today.
Lulz
Yuck it up if you want but I am really struggling to understand this.

If you are town, then your day 1 was just pure troll and bait. You got yourself to the point where you baited me into being obvious town and stated that fact. In almost every game I've seen you exhibit a townread to that extent on me you have maintained it as almost your compass for the rest of the game. Repeatedly shielding me and living vicariously through me. In this game you made that read and really have just done everything the exact opposite to what I would expect you to do with a locktown read on me since, right up to openwolfing and voting me today.
I oversold my confidence in the read

This game has been horrendous for me trying to form reads, the only truly confident one I had was wilgy cause I figured out his role. Hally kinda but tbh thats more just "oh well" if she's mafia than it is true confidence. So 🤷‍♀️
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:42 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:41 am Is that where you're going with this? Cause it feels like that's where you're going with this
No, if I was trying to build up to something that would make me a wolf. I am trying to understand why your handling of me in this game has been so extremely unlike any other town game I've ever seen from you.
Meh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 433

Post by MacDougall »

Btw Nook if it's late and you're tired I am not going to suddenly encourage 4 votes onto you while you sleep so feel free to disengage. I'm not expecting you to have a discussion this significant while you're tired lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:36 am Okay I am going to add that Nanook himself has multiple times told us to stop townreading him for telling Jay to fuck off. I think we should probably heed that warning.

I think if I were to stop giving Nanook any credit for that, I would have him as my top wolf today.
Lulz

If you are town, then your day 1 was just pure troll and bait. You got yourself to the point where you baited me into being obvious town and stated that fact. In almost every game I've seen you exhibit a townread to that extent on me you have maintained it as almost your compass for the rest of the game. Repeatedly shielding me and living vicariously through me. In this game you made that read and really have just done everything the exact opposite to what I would expect you to do with a locktown read on me since, right up to openwolfing and voting me today.

This game has been horrendous for me trying to form reads, the only truly confident one I had was wilgy cause I figured out his role. Hally kinda but tbh thats more just "oh well" if she's mafia than it is true confidence. So 🤷‍♀️
Can you possibly articulate to me how you figured out Wilgy's role?

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:43 am And also why you are reading me so absolutely poorly. You would absolutely be picking up mega clues in what I am doing, even as we speak. You know that when I get this forceful and annoying and confident and obnoxious that I am town. This is exactly what I have to do in every game to get you to drop scumreads on me and mason with me and you are not doing it lol.
Are you aware that I lowkey hate this game lol

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:46 am Btw Nook if it's late and you're tired I am not going to suddenly encourage 4 votes onto you while you sleep so feel free to disengage. I'm not expecting you to have a discussion this significant while you're tired lol.
Don't worry at some point I'm gonna nod off and ghost the thread lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:47 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:43 am And also why you are reading me so absolutely poorly. You would absolutely be picking up mega clues in what I am doing, even as we speak. You know that when I get this forceful and annoying and confident and obnoxious that I am town. This is exactly what I have to do in every game to get you to drop scumreads on me and mason with me and you are not doing it lol.
Well I am being very obviously town right now in ways that you should be able to see and if you are town and recognised that fact right now you would probably have the exact solve.

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:47 am

Lulz

Sometimes I'm really good

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:48 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:47 am
Well I am being very obviously town right now in ways that you should be able to see and if you are town and recognised that fact right now you would probably have the exact solve.
I haven't read like half of today
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 548
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Feels like one of those games that is just a slog to play, largely because town is wrong so often (very much myself included), but then at the end the answer is kind of obvious and we just win anyway. A la Tree Mafia.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:49 am

Lulz

Is there a post or posts that I could possibly read and go "oh yes I can see how Nanook could discern Wilgy to be the BP"?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:50 am Feels like one of those games that is just a slog to play, largely because town is wrong so often (very much myself included), but then at the end the answer is kind of obvious and we just win anyway. A la Tree Mafia.
I like how Tree Mafia still gets brought up all these years later but only ever by you or me.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:51 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:50 am Feels like one of those games that is just a slog to play, largely because town is wrong so often (very much myself included), but then at the end the answer is kind of obvious and we just win anyway. A la Tree Mafia.
I like how Tree Mafia still gets brought up all these years later but only ever by you or me.
I definitely remember the four mischops I have ever suffered. :smile:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:52 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:41 pm @c4e5g3d5 who are your suspects
Think it's Axe/Mac

Mac's treatment of Axe is almost too compatible to be compatible
Starts by looking for a way tovote outside of him/Axe, thread isn't receptive, switches to setting up potential Axe partners in response
Later townreads Axe again but jumps on the first chance to tie me to him

Mac citing something he knows is completely NAI for me, then going "I don't remember you doing <list of half of what I've done this game>", comes off as deliberately obtuse

Also because I think you're townier than both of them, but this post from you made me question that lmao.
I simply asked you to cite things that while I might have read in passing, didn't find relevant enough to pattern to memory. I don't have a memory good enough to remember every detail of a game, only the parts that stand out to me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am going to do an exercise that I've never done before called. "Here are posts and reasons that I am never mafia with anyone in the game." I am going to do so by quoting my own posts and articulating my mindset during each of them to a degree that you will have no doubt is legitimately what I was thinking. Here goes. Wish me luck.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I will start with Axe because that is the slot that apparently I have the most equity to be mafia with.

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:50 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:49 am

Lulz

Is there a post or posts that I could possibly read and go "oh yes I can see how Nanook could discern Wilgy to be the BP"?
Idk

His first like 5 posts, his attitude around hammers, his reaction to realizing he was at 4 votes, it just read as PR and probably BP to me
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:54 am I am going to do an exercise that I've never done before called. "Here are posts and reasons that I am never mafia with anyone in the game." I am going to do so by quoting my own posts and articulating my mindset during each of them to a degree that you will have no doubt is legitimately what I was thinking. Here goes. Wish me luck.
Good luck.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Highway Heist (Day 1)

Post by MacDougall »

Not Mafia with NAA Part 1
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:38 pm @NotAnAxehole why did u have c4 as outed mafia?
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:45 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:38 pm @NotAnAxehole why did u have c4 as outed mafia?
A minor technicality.

I thought their reaction to it was bad too.
What technicality soz?
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:04 pm Dizzy, Jay and Axe are all lean town so far.
At this stage of the game I had already begun to suspect C4 was mafia, for mostly asinine reasons (just felt off etc. etc.) which you can sort of see in development here.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:18 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:14 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:13 pm I might just keep playing without knowing my alignment. Thoughts?
Sounds good to me since I know it anyway
I would hope not given I'm a VT.
So I had scanned the game for mentions of C4, noticing Axe had articulated a semi jokey lock mafia read on C4 from the early game. I prodded him to see if he had a reasonable argument for having made the read. He didn't provide me with enough to pivot into a legit push on C4, but his response felt true enough for me to take as a reason to townread him for having a similar feel towards C4 who along with some unfortunate town, were my early game suspects.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:35 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:34 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:27 pm The following are reads. The categories are reads. The categories aren't ordered so it's not like a rainbow list, k

Having a good time on the highway into town
c4
Dizzy
MR
Town reads

Having a good time, but maybe driving the wrong way
Nanook
Mac
Dunno but gun to my head, town

Driving cautiously, both blinkers activated
Alison
Hally
Dunno kinda iffy

Stopped in the right lane at a red light preventing people from turning right behind him
NAA
"suspicious" I guess

Haven't hit the road yet
DrWilgy
Marmot
Eagerly awaiting
I decided to rainbow them so people know what the hell I am talking about
#shouldhavestayedinretirement

I'm good with sheeping Alison and see where it goes.
this post is townie because if axe is mafia and alison is town he's placing himself in a bad situation and if they are mafia together he's openly siding with alison which is just weird
A minor technicality.

this post is townie because he has made no effort to product a townie post on request
NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:46 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:45 pm
A minor technicality.

why do your reads strike me as fake?
A lack of understanding + I haven't actually seriously evaluated.

Combination.
see above explanation

tl;dr he feels like he's just being straightforward in a game in which he's not really motivated to push very hard the end
Vaguely tracks with the progression Mac describes above.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

fucking login cookie just randomly logged me out and i lost all of my part 2 lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Part 2 - The part where Mac gets suspected by half the game for shielding Axe

Taking into consideration that I have developed this apparent "hell bussing" meta (that I don't agree that I have but like, I know many of y'all do). I stumble upon Axe being hard pushed by Hally and Alison. I am at the time kinda feeling like I am just seeing the same Axe as always. The guy who just doesn't care all that much and has no agenda.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:40 pm hmmm I think Radishes can definitely be mafia here tbh. His iso is way worse than axe's.
So, in the world in which I am mafia with Axe, I pick Radishes out to throw up as an option over Axe. I make this tactical decision instead of simply attacking Alison further (who I was already voting for and scumreading at that point in the game) and highlighting that Axe would be town by virtue of being pushed be "obvious mafia Alison" (I am just sharing what I would do here as actual mafia). Rather, due to the fact that I in fact don't have info and am not convinced enough that Alison is mafia to play it that way, I click the ISO link to find Radishes has an equally short ISO to Axe. I read them both and, being somewhat confirmation biased, read Radishes as worse than Axe. I am further confirmation biased by the fact that Radishes ISO, while maybe I overexaggerate that it was much worse than Axe's, is definitely not really any better, is not copping stick at all about it. Which is a typical way I find mafia. That is to say that I look for scummy slots that are not being pushed by scummy slots.

So I throw out my POE
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:42 pm My POE is

Alison

Radishes/Wilgy
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:44 pm The standard of town has elevated since page 1 so I will be open to MR suspicion. I don't really vibe with it maaaaaaan but he gon have to do things himself
iso him and axe and tell me some specific reasons Radishes feels townier than axe if you can
Demonstrate my belief in my read by pleading to Jay's wisdom to go and recognise what I am saying is true and come back to the thread and tell everyone how amazingly correct I was.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:46 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:49 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:47 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:44 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:39 pm c4 going against the grain on MR and making that catch on him is the villageriest thing itt so far
:ponder:
can i help you?
Probably not, I think you're mafia proxy Alison and I don't understand the point of this read on C4 / it almost seems like TMI for the sake of pocketing.
this read is pretty townie
I had been asked to express why anything that Axe had posted in his iso had been townie to that point. I cite this one (force it if I am being honest cuz it's clearly not that townie) but I at least attempt to justify it by presenting this. The reason I thought it was townie is because it felt like a natural read for someone who had been suspecting C4 to make.
► Show Spoiler
^ some more evidence I cite and why. It's all just reasonable defense of someone I thought was town. Though I am being forced to defend a position that I don't actually believe in all that much honestly. Which has happened again since (Hally overexaggerating my mild tinfoil on her earlier today).
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Highway Heist (Day 2)

Post by MacDougall »

Part 3 - Push but not really

After the above occurred, I had started redressing the confidence on my Axe read mostly due to the fact that I found myself defending a position I was never really that confident on and started to think "if these people are that confident maybe they are just correct". Axe himself started producing some content that I didn't really think much of either, and Alison got a lot townier (to the point where I ended up one of the few people townreading her day 1 and one of the few people who didn't end up voting for her).

Come day 2, I make this somewhat memeish read.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:51 pm So the only person in both their POE is me, and I am town... Alison had four names above NAA and Marmot had NAA in there. I shielded NAA a lot on day 1. So the mafia are clearly me and NAA. Except I am town.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:51 pm [VOTE: NotAnAxehole] aubergine?
I didn't really believe he was outed via this, though I clearly was analysing the dead town's suspects in a way that most mafia just never bother doing (especially mafia who the dead town are suspectful of).
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Tbh this is draining and annoying and the only one I really wanted to do is Axe and that's more than done so I'm not gonna continue sorry lol. I've got better shit to do.

Like start to tinfoil Jay.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:33 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:13 pm If I ignore all notions of building a total game theory and just give flat reads of players in isolation, it'd look something like this:

c4e5g3d5
Hally

NotAnAxehole
MacDougall

Dyslexicon
DrWilgy

Nanook
Master Radishes
why is c4 your top town?
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:33 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:29 pm As for c4, I am not really bothered by his SOD2, but I don't oppose him facing the music a bit so to speak. He'll have to earn his keep.
so your top town is something you're not that sure of?
Reeee?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Yep. If c4 is mafia I am a proper dunce. :shrug2:

In my defense I almost got there when the madness was at its peak at EOD2. Almost counts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

This isn't horseshoes or hand grenades so close doesn't mean shit
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:00 am Not Mafia with NAA Part 1
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:45 pm
A minor technicality.

What technicality soz?
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:04 pm Dizzy, Jay and Axe are all lean town so far.
At this stage of the game I had already begun to suspect C4 was mafia, for mostly asinine reasons (just felt off etc. etc.) which you can sort of see in development here.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:18 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:14 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:13 pm I might just keep playing without knowing my alignment. Thoughts?
Sounds good to me since I know it anyway
I would hope not given I'm a VT.
So I had scanned the game for mentions of C4, noticing Axe had articulated a semi jokey lock mafia read on C4 from the early game. I prodded him to see if he had a reasonable argument for having made the read. He didn't provide me with enough to pivot into a legit push on C4, but his response felt true enough for me to take as a reason to townread him for having a similar feel towards C4 who along with some unfortunate town, were my early game suspects.
For the record, my scum read on C4 was for how on top of the thread he was trying to be from the moment the thread opened, to the moment I gave the read. I also thought his reaction to the read was weird because... Well, I didn't expect a reaction at all, and if I got one I expected it to be more negative.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Kind of like when I gave a scum read on Hally, and she's like I don't know why I bother talking to you.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

This game is hard because yall killed my top town read D1 & forced another town read to claim.

XD

Gut says 1 of Mac, C4, Nanook is NOT mafia... But that isn't good enough.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 714
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:51 am
Hally wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:31 am for completeness sake, my other concern with jay aside from his NAA defense is how hard he was pushing on MR

i had MR as PoE but i didn’t think he was really wolfy, and i felt jay was kind of stretching for reasons to call MR a wolf and was maybe too confident in it

at one point i even thought jay was softing a red check on MR (hence my 🍿 post and me asking jay how confident he was in it) because he was pretty much slamming MR and seemed like he was pre-flipping him wolf

in hindsight it isn’t really difficult to view that whole section of the thread as “power wolf jay ruthlessly dunks on LHF villager radishes”

but i’m not sure how much i believe it and outside of that i think jay’s play has generally been villagery
Sure. I didn't feel like I was slamming him really, but I think I understand the perception. He was trying to defend himself, and I kept saying that it wasn't doing much for me and that I needed him to find mafia. It's not MR's fault, but there are certain forms of defense that I simply am not receptive to as a player (because I consider them to be essentially irrelevant to alignment and within most people's ranges). Indeed, sometimes the mere act of defense raises my suspicion depending upon the context or delivery, particularly when it becomes a significant proportion of someone's posts. That's just Mafia philosophy though, and clearly MR was town. Them's the breaks.
i’m talking about that, i’m talking about some of the reasons you were using to push him

specifically pushing him for trolling about wilgy’s hammer thing and for asking NAA to explain the wolf read on him struck me as reachy (and i think i expressed that at the time)

it kinda felt like you were simply piling on reasons and just trying to bury him rather than considering his alignment

again, it was to the point where i even thought you may have red checked him because your treatment of him just seemed weird otherwise

if you’re a wolf i think that section of the thread is where i’m supposed to catch you, but i don’t know that i really feel it’s enough to consider you and i don’t have any other concrete reasons to think you’re a wolf so meh
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hally wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:51 am
Hally wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:31 am for completeness sake, my other concern with jay aside from his NAA defense is how hard he was pushing on MR

i had MR as PoE but i didn’t think he was really wolfy, and i felt jay was kind of stretching for reasons to call MR a wolf and was maybe too confident in it

at one point i even thought jay was softing a red check on MR (hence my 🍿 post and me asking jay how confident he was in it) because he was pretty much slamming MR and seemed like he was pre-flipping him wolf

in hindsight it isn’t really difficult to view that whole section of the thread as “power wolf jay ruthlessly dunks on LHF villager radishes”

but i’m not sure how much i believe it and outside of that i think jay’s play has generally been villagery
Sure. I didn't feel like I was slamming him really, but I think I understand the perception. He was trying to defend himself, and I kept saying that it wasn't doing much for me and that I needed him to find mafia. It's not MR's fault, but there are certain forms of defense that I simply am not receptive to as a player (because I consider them to be essentially irrelevant to alignment and within most people's ranges). Indeed, sometimes the mere act of defense raises my suspicion depending upon the context or delivery, particularly when it becomes a significant proportion of someone's posts. That's just Mafia philosophy though, and clearly MR was town. Them's the breaks.
i’m talking about that, i’m talking about some of the reasons you were using to push him

specifically pushing him for trolling about wilgy’s hammer thing and for asking NAA to explain the wolf read on him struck me as reachy (and i think i expressed that at the time)

it kinda felt like you were simply piling on reasons and just trying to bury him rather than considering his alignment

again, it was to the point where i even thought you may have red checked him because your treatment of him just seemed weird otherwise

if you’re a wolf i think that section of the thread is where i’m supposed to catch you, but i don’t know that i really feel it’s enough to consider you and i don’t have any other concrete reasons to think you’re a wolf so meh
*i’m NOT talking about that
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

if you’re a wolf i totally knew it all along though :srsnod:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:10 am
Hally wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:14 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:04 pm Concern about Mac: if he's town I'd expect him to want my head on a pike right now
was thinking about this on the bus and i also think it’s a bit weird that mac entered today tinfoiling me instead of you

i think i’ve arguably been more villagery than you (though ofc i’m biased) and also less wrong so far (all your wolf reads have flipped v so far whereas my pet push NAA us still alive and seems like a very probable wolf) so i would think if mac was looking for a deep wolf he’d look at you instead of me

but i’m not sure he’s ever actually seen me wolf so it’s possible he doesn’t know i can’t post like this as a wolf

does he usually tend to read you primarily off results or off of how villagery he thinks you are?
I was tinfoiling neither of you to a significant degree. You overreacted to me just vocalising some innane tinfoil. I was tinfoiling Jay more than you at the start of the day but, and I shit you not, Jay called himself town five times and I just went "yup, I guess you are" and then my tinfoil went away. Then I started reading all of Jay's content as pure and have not had any cause to find issue with his play since because his solving is aligned with mine with the exception of me being part of his. All of his non Mac solving (and yours as of recently at least), I can completely understand and I agree with.
fair enuf
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:35 am Struggling to see a probable scenario with a town NAA.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i’m not giving him credit for that anymore

still think he’s probably a villager though
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:45 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:44 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:42 am Nanook and c4 are definitely not mafia teammates. So if Nanook is in that set of three, both of the open teams include NAA.
Why's that?
That's where I think fuck off has meaning. It doesn't tell me Nanook's alignment, but it evidences frustration in a key moment -- immediately after I had mused over the possibility of a Nanook/c4 team. If that was a mafia Nanook reaction, it'd reflect a very loud case of caught for the wrong reasons.
yes
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i’m back to thinking mac is just a villager
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:15 am Yep. If c4 is mafia I am a proper dunce. :shrug2:

In my defense I almost got there when the madness was at its peak at EOD2. Almost counts.
if he’s a wolf i’m worse than you lol

but i can at least take solace in baking axe’s beans the entire game :noble:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:48 am This game is hard because yall killed my top town read D1 & forced another town read to claim.

XD

Gut says 1 of Mac, C4, Nanook is NOT mafia... But that isn't good enough.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

axe and c4’s posts are both poop today :shrug:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hally 635

sLaNk CoVeR
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:21 pm i’m not talking about that, i’m talking about some of the reasons you were using to push him

I get it. There was a moment there after I had done all of my interactive work and came upon the MR/Dizzy answer that things felt rather puzzle pieces sliding into place, and I felt good about it. I had one of those "I feel like the game is solved" moments where I am just asking to look like a doofus later, but them's the breaks. I think that if you follow the thread of my posts in the hours following that moment you'll see my confidence steadily degrade and my confusion steadily increase (before EOD2 blew it all up and quadrupled my confusion). So I understand your perspective, and I do think there's evidence that can help you sort that tinfoil in my progression.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:47 pm axe and c4’s posts are both poop today :shrug:
Feels like the game is solved

:smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

this time it’s for real though!
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hally wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:38 pm i’m back to thinking mac is just a villager
this is independent of any associations btw

i just buy his posting while i was asleep and he feels like his town self
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

and i think generally mac has felt like his town self this game when he’s actually engaged

the times i’ve gotten worried have been when he’s fallen off and stops really posting, but then when he plugs back in i keep feeling like he’s just town
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gun to my head, Mac is town. I probably don't have quite your confidence. I think this Day 3 is kind of broadcasting a gamestate though with people clearly solving and people clearly solved. If someone wants to tear me out of that mindset, I am open to being torn. It's happening in my head though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:03 pm Gun to my head, Mac is town. I probably don't have quite your confidence. I think this Day 3 is kind of broadcasting a gamestate though with people clearly solving and people clearly solved. If someone wants to tear me out of that mindset, I am open to being torn. It's happening in my head though.
not sure what you mean?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

oh wait, i read that wrong i think
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:04 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:03 pm Gun to my head, Mac is town. I probably don't have quite your confidence. I think this Day 3 is kind of broadcasting a gamestate though with people clearly solving and people clearly solved. If someone wants to tear me out of that mindset, I am open to being torn. It's happening in my head though.
not sure what you mean?
Both NAA and c4 seem to be struggling to find their place in this day phase, and to me it looks like teammates who aren't sure of the way forward anymore. You and Mac are still working out the game with the progressions and strands that must exist in town brains at MYLO. Nanook isn't doing so quite as visibly, but I think I see inklings of it anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”