40%

Total votes: 10
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

RPG Mafia MAFIA WIN

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

There are three Classes available to you at the start of the game. During n0 (after alignments have been randed), everyone will select their starting Class. There is a method to changing Classes after the game has started, which I will outline later. The overview for each Class, and its upgrade path, is as follows (unless otherwise noted, all actions are night actions):

Paladin

Spoiler: show
Level one: Power of Faith (heals a poisoned player; day action.)

Level two: Light Attack (blocks your targets Class abilities, but does not affect the factional kill)

Level three: Heavy Attack (blocks your targets Class abilities AND the factional kill–your target is informed they were blocked, even if they used no abilities)

Level four: Heavenly Attack (blocks, protects, and prevents any class abilities from effecting your target (with the limited exception of Death by a Thousand Cuts). Your target is informed they were blocked, even if they used no abilities)

Warrior

Level one: Death by a Thousand Cuts (if you target a player three times, they will die. It does not need to be three consecutive nights, if you are roleblocked the counter will not go up, but your first and second targets will both penetrate Heavenly Attack)

Level two: Fortune Favors the Fast (you may choose to shoot any player who made fewer than 10 posts the previous day and/or who averages fewer than 10 posts per day)

Level three: Poisoned Blade (your target will die at the next EOD)

Level four: Force of Nature (you may kill a player of your choice)

Druid

Level one: The Grass Murmurs (informed if your target moved–you receive this report the following night)

Level two: The Trees Whisper (informed what actions, if any, were taken against your target–you receive this report the following night)

Level three: The Wind Cries (informed who, if anyone, your target visited–you receive this report the following night)

Level four: The Birds Sing (informed who, if anyone, visited your target–you receive this report the following night)

Each level ability may only be used a certain amount of times before it must “recharge.” Level one abilities may be used three cycles out of four, level two abilities may be used every two cycles out of three, level three and four abilities may only be used every other night. You may invest in two Classes at once, but you may only use one ability per night.

Hit Rate

Each class level has the following hit rate:

Level one: 95%

Level two: 85%

Level three: 70%

Level four: 55%

There will be no distinction made between a roleblocked action and an action that doesn’t hit, and neither will award a CP. You will be told roughly around SOD if you have gained a CP or not.

Critical Hit

Every Class Action that passes its initial hit rate has a 1% chance to be a Critical Hit. A Critical Hit cannot be roleblocked or otherwise stopped. Factional kills also have a 1% chance to be a Critical Hit.

Class Points

Class Points (CP) are required to advance levels. Everyone starts the game with 1 CP. You gain one CP for successfully targeting someone (passing the Hit Rate check and not being roleblocked). Every player that survives D1 will receive a CP for doing so (so everyone alive starts N1 with 2 CP).

You may only have two active Classes at a time. You may only have a maximum of 6 CP. On any night you may choose to Respec–you can reassign your CP points freely, but you will not be able to take any Class actions that night (this does not prevent a player from performing the factional kill). You can assign new CP and use the ability they unlock in the same night.

When a player dies, their flip will include how their CP was invested at their time of death.

I will not be using any subs this game, only modkills should a player need to leave the game. Please be aware of this.

Paladin paradox resolution: If two Paladins target each other with blocks, the higher class level prevails. If they are the same class level, both are considered roleblocked for Class Actions but NOT for the factional kill.

A word from our sponsors:
Remember that the premier rules in any Syndicate Mafia game come straight from the site rules. Review those rules below, and direct any concerns you may have to the host or moderator(s) on duty.

[Link] Rules and Guidelines on The Syndicate

Also always be mindful of the culture of respect that must be maintained in all Syndicate spaces at all times, to include this game thread and any external communication spaces relating to the game. Players must be respectful to one another, to the game host, to the members of the staff overseeing the game, to the game itself by way of its rules and spirit, to the Syndicate community in general, and ideally also to themselves. Respect is never optional. See our full manifesto on our culture of respect below.

[Link] A Syndicate Mafia Culture of Respect

Host Rules (including voting info!)
Host Rules

The host rules are: don’t be a dick, no excessive ATE*, don’t angleshoot or quote role PMs and/or host and/or private communication, don't talk to people about the game outside the thread (unless explicitly allowed to by the host and in host designated spaces), no cross game reads, i don't care about reading into subs or modkills (it's explicitly allowed, do so at your own risk), GM will handle everything without consideration for alignment, GM reserves the right to modify remove or add rules as needed.

*defined as: statements that directly say or imply that something in the game is having a negative impact on someone’s out of game relationships or well-being. if you believe the game is having a negative impact on your life and/or your health, please contact myself and one of the Mods on Duty (juliets and JPIC). Please report directly to us rather than using the report post feature, as several people with access to those reports are in this game and I'd prefer to avoid that whole situation.

Voting is plurality at EOD, a majority ends day early. Unless otherwise stated, only votes made in the poll are considered official. You may call votes in thread if you wish, it is not required for your vote to be counted. If a hammer is reached, please take a screenshot and message me. Discussion IS allowed after a hammer until I lock the thread. Nobody but myself (or someone I directly give permission to) should be locking or unlocking the thread. Ties are broken by mafia, who must do so before the deadline. If they fail to do so, ties will be broken in mafia's favor if applicable, if not applicable they will be broken by secret method.

EOD and SOD will be 7pm EST. Actions are due one hour before deadline, at 6pm EST.

Town receive this message:
You're town. You begin the game with one CP, and must allocate it to a class before the start of D1. If you do not it will be randed for you.
All role PMs are distributed via discord hub, which can be found here: https://discord.gg/yGR46CgQWf (spec chat can also be found in that server!)

The game begins with 13 town and 4 mafia.

The wincon for town is to eliminate the mafia. The wincon for mafia is to reach parity with the town (or reach a gamestate where that cannot be prevented).

MoD message:
juliets wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:35 pm Hello! I'm juliets, one of your friendly neighborhood Moderators on Duty (MoDs). @Hally and I are partnering as your MoDs for this game.

If you would like to reach one of us, you can PM us here on the Syndicate or DM us on Discord. Here's the info you need for that:

JULIETS
Discord ID: juliets#5354 (quickest way to reach me)
Syndicate PM: Click me
Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time* (UTC-4)

HALLY
Discord ID: hally#2271
Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time* (UTC -4)

While it is not necessary to include both of us in a message, it can help—especially if you need help sooner rather than later!

We ask that you please report directly to us rather than using the report post feature, as several people with access to those reports are in this game and it presents a risk to game integrity.

Please remember that every other player is also human. We all make mistakes. None of us are perfect. Treat others with respect and exercise self-care if you feel yourself beginning to get angry or upset at the game. If you need to vent and have no one to turn to, messaging a MoD is an excellent decision to make. We are also available for reports of any Code of Conduct or Rules violation. Consider us your lifeline so that the game state remains healthy and exciting for everyone.

If you have game-related queries (setup, role questions, game play, etc.) please contact the Host NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME. 

Please have fun and enjoy the game!

*(UTC -4 )as of Sunday March 13
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Re: RPG Mafia - setting up

ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Re: RPG Mafia - setting up

Role PMs available here: https://discord.gg/yGR46CgQWf

@ Creature
@ DaughterOfOmega
@ Dolby
@ DrWilgy
@ Dunya
@ dyachei
@ hollowkatt
@ Jackofhearts2005
@ Le petit poussin
@ LinearPoint
@ MacDougall
@ Marmot
@ NotAnAxehole
@ Scotty
@ sig
@ syn
@ TonyStarkPrime

Re: RPG Mafia N0

D1 begins Friday March 11 at 7pm EST

@ Creature
@ DaughterOfOmega
@ Dolby
@ DrWilgy
@ Dunya
@ dyachei
@ hollowkatt
@ Jackofhearts2005
@ Le petit poussin
@ LinearPoint
@ MacDougall
@ Marmot
@ NotAnAxehole
@ Scotty
@ sig
@ syn
@ TonyStarkPrime

SOD1 has been bumped to Saturday March 12 at 7pm eastern. If you aren't in the discord and/or haven't allocated your CP yet, do so before then!
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hello! I'm juliets, one of your friendly neighborhood Moderators on Duty (MoDs). @Hally and I are partnering as your MoDs for this game.

If you would like to reach one of us, you can PM us here on the Syndicate or DM us on Discord. Here's the info you need for that:

JULIETS
Discord ID: juliets#5354 (quickest way to reach me)
Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time* (UTC-4)

HALLY
Discord ID: hally#2271
Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time* (UTC -4)

While it is not necessary to include both of us in a message, it can help—especially if you need help sooner rather than later!

We ask that you please report directly to us rather than using the report post feature, as several people with access to those reports are in this game and it presents a risk to game integrity.

Please remember that every other player is also human. We all make mistakes. None of us are perfect. Treat others with respect and exercise self-care if you feel yourself beginning to get angry or upset at the game. If you need to vent and have no one to turn to, messaging a MoD is an excellent decision to make. We are also available for reports of any Code of Conduct or Rules violation. Consider us your lifeline so that the game state remains healthy and exciting for everyone.

If you have game-related queries (setup, role questions, game play, etc.) please contact the Host NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME. 

Please have fun and enjoy the game!

*(UTC -4 )as of Sunday March 13
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Day one begins! Hammer is 9, eod is March 14, 7pm eastern.
@ Creature
@ urist
@ Dolby
@ DrWilgy
@ Dunya
@ dyachei
@ hollowkatt
@ Jackofhearts2005
@ Le petit poussin
@ LinearPoint
@ MacDougall
@ Marmot
@ NotAnAxehole
@ Scotty
@ sig
@ syn
@ TonyStarkPrime
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 322

Re: RPG Mafia D1

Post by hollowkatt »

frist
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 577

Post by Syn »

gg I was katze

ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

ok goodbye I have to eat dinner now
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Syn wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:06 pmgg I was katze
no you say that at the end
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Le petit poussin
little bird sh*t
Posts in topic: 273
Aka: Raskolnikov, Volfoni

Post by Le petit poussin »

Sup friendos
Le petit poussin
little bird sh*t

How do I vote Syn here?
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:06 pm
The game's already over. I've won.

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Le petit poussin wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:07 pm How do I vote Syn here?
In the poll.

It's also polite to use vote tags in a post.

[-vote]name[-/vote]

Without the hyphens.

[VOTE: Urist] aubergine

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Raskol is a CFC vet, so he's going to wolf-read me for being helpful.

ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Syn wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:07 pm
swag now I don't have to try
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:09 pm

ImageImageImageImage
Le petit poussin
little bird sh*t

thanks bronana

[VOTE: Syn] aubergine
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Syn wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:08 pm Raskol is a CFC vet, so he's going to wolf-read me for being helpful.
There's a joke for his username but it's 100% NC17 rated
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Syn wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:10 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:09 pm
ily and thank you
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 430
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Post by Dolby »

1/4th of the way to Dolby (4)
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

TS asleep, only CFCers in game thread.

ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 82

Post by DrWilgy »

Pengas
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Syn wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:11 pm TS asleep, only CFCers in game thread.
Let’s towncore each other to hell and never re-ev

Alternately, have all of us sus one of us randomly
Le petit poussin
little bird sh*t

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:10 pm
Syn wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:08 pm Raskol is a CFC vet, so he's going to wolf-read me for being helpful.
There's a joke for his username but it's 100% NC17 rated
Yes please
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Everyone who has posted so far is town. I know this because of TMI.

ImageImageImageImage
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Syn wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:17 pm Everyone who has posted so far is town. I know this because of TMI.
I see Syn has volunteered to be sussed randomly
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Too Much Intelligence

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Town

syn
Dolby
hollowkatt
Le petit poussin
DrWilgy

I Am Le Tired

Creature
urist
Dunya
dyachei
Jackofhearts2005
LinearPoint
MacDougall
Marmot
NotAnAxehole
Scotty
sig
TonyStarkPrime

ImageImageImageImage
Le petit poussin
little bird sh*t

I am unironically disturbed by the word "aubergine" written next to votes.
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

DrWilgy is a CFCer now it’s official, Syn has spoken
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

I do be speaking sometimes

ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:11 pmPengas
that's what's known as a c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

anyways, dinner was great, grilled cheese and tomato soup
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Tomato soup is bad.

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Grilled cheese is good though.

ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Syn wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:19 pm Too Much Intelligence
syn is town
rask is also probably town
dolby idk
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Le petit poussin wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:19 pm I am unironically disturbed by the word "aubergine" written next to votes.
[VOTE: Raskol] aubergine

welcome to The Syndicate
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Syn wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:33 pm Grilled cheese is good though.
and together they're delicious. I dip the sandwich in the soup

hang on is there a post cap?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Le petit poussin
little bird sh*t

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:35 pm

Not when speaking about cheese (might as well enforce clichés).
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:06 pm ok goodbye I have to eat dinner now
This is the same post progression you made in our last game, in which you were bad
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:40 pm
This is the same post progression you made in our last game, in which you were bad
Scotty is a wolf.

ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Ikr, I'm so outed and bad at mafia
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Syn wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:41 pm
Scotty is a wolf.
[rolld20]Investigation check[/rolld20]

Wrong

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Le petit poussin wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:37 pm

What is a poussin? Cheese?

Le petit poussin
little bird sh*t

Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:43 pm

a chick. I am French :workit:
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 247

Post by LinearPoint »

Alright time to decide which of HK and Syn are the wolf who is putting way to much effort into making a presence off the bat.
I'll bet Syn.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Le petit poussin wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:46 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:43 pm

a chick. I am French :workit:
Oh, wonderful! I love chickens

Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:49 pm Alright time to decide which of HK and Syn are the wolf who is putting way to much effort into making a presence off the bat.
I'll bet Syn.
Vegas keeping you down, huh?

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”