Veggie Wars Mafia [TOWN WIN]

Moderator: Community Team

who's rotten and needs to be turned into compost?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:00 pm

fingersplints
No votes
Lime Coke
9%
Master Radishes
No votes
Seanzie
27%
Sleep
No votes
host/mods/spec
64%

Total votes: 11
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 245
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Re: Veggie Wars Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Lime Coke »

Also gonna be incredibly annoyed if I put total effort into this game and I'm the one that gets hammered and the other guy does next to nothing.

This game is an easy W for town, the decision should be massively easy.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Like I said if there's any questions let me know and I'll answer. I'm not entirely sure what else I should be doing. I'm not the type of player to scumcase someone, especially when it's just a 1 on 1 since it's just flat out going to be a conf-biased case.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 144

Post by Master Radishes »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:09 am Like I said if there's any questions let me know and I'll answer. I'm not entirely sure what else I should be doing. I'm not the type of player to scumcase someone, especially when it's just a 1 on 1 since it's just flat out going to be a conf-biased case.
Can you do it anyway?

@Seanzie same thing - since you know it's LC, can you spell out the case for me on why?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Re: Veggie Wars Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Lime Coke »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:14 pm I'm actually retired so I don't know what I'm doing here. Maybe I'll just lean into the retireee spirit.

Hey all you, get off my lawn!
This is the 1 post that Seanzie makes the entirety of Day 1.
Seanzie wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:25 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:22 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:15 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:12 pm Seanzie, I will vote you out if all you do this game is make a joke at daystart and fuck off.

And I won't even feel bad if you're town.
Seems kinda hostile. I missed one day, one instance does not make a pattern.
I'm not particularly happy with the content of the game and if you posted once and disappeared it would have just hurt more.
What is wrong with the content this game?
W/W interaction, Ender pushes on Seanzie but he never attempts to wagon him this day phase.
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:01 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:40 pm [VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
LC, your vote switches are definitely raising my hackles.
Keep in mind I vote Seanzie here and Ender starts to interrogate me.
Seanzie wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:38 pm Eh, nah.

[VOTE: Falcon45ca] aubergine
Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:34 am [VOTE: Fingersplints] aubergine

[VOTE: Mac] aubergine
The three players that Seanzie votes and pushes are Falcon, Mac, and Fingersplints. Whom all 3 are either flipped town or green checked.
I can't remember if Seanzie was on the Mac wagon near EOD or not I don't have the vote count remembered that well.

Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:36 am

See now I have an issue cuz like you've been right about me being mafia so many times and here you're sussing me when I'm town so like... what do I do with that? I think I wanna maybe town read you for it because I feel like if you were mafia you would want to project your correct godread and pocket me rather than tilt me and encourage me to omgus. So yeah I'm gonna town read you for this garbage. Happy days for you.
Have you not figured out that I just scumread you every game regardless of what is going on, and just by the luck of the rand we've only ended up t/t for 1 day of 1 game through all of the games we've played together?

Anyways, I am less confident on you, Fingers is super wolfy on how she was approaching Porscha re:Falcon. I think Fingers REALLY wants a falcon elim, and reading Finger's ISO your name pops up in many awkward ways.
The reasoning for the Mac vote once Mac questions him is just looking for an excuse to put a vote on him. No real reasoning beyond "I always scumread you every game."

Falcon flipping town already, Seanzie is setting up to use Falcon's future townflip to push on Fingersplints for the current/next day phase of this post.

Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:07 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:44 am
Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:36 am

See now I have an issue cuz like you've been right about me being mafia so many times and here you're sussing me when I'm town so like... what do I do with that? I think I wanna maybe town read you for it because I feel like if you were mafia you would want to project your correct godread and pocket me rather than tilt me and encourage me to omgus. So yeah I'm gonna town read you for this garbage. Happy days for you.
Have you not figured out that I just scumread you every game regardless of what is going on, and just by the luck of the rand we've only ended up t/t for 1 day of 1 game through all of the games we've played together?

Anyways, I am less confident on you, Fingers is super wolfy on how she was approaching Porscha re:Falcon. I think Fingers REALLY wants a falcon elim, and reading Finger's ISO your name pops up in many awkward ways.
Lol no I like to give people credit and make them feel good about themselves not invalidate their wins with hubris. I know it doesn't seem like that sometimes but I am all about the positive self appraisal lol.

You can have that read. I think Fingersplints has been quite pure. I am quite tunneled on MR and Ender being wolfy. I would probably need Fingersplints to accidentally slip their role card in the thread for me to be moved in that direction right now. Not ruling it out, but like ... I guess you could try to articulate your argument a bit more cuz I'm not going to go back and read all of it and try to confirmation bias myself into agreeing with you. I don't think anyone does lol. So if you actually want to persuade me or anyone probs do better I guess.
What makes Fingersplints pure? Is it tone or is it something game-related? Because from what I can tell all she's really done is talk about Falcon, and then give a few other throwaway takes. Now, sure the approach of just talking about a single slot in the game isn't the best for wolves, but idk how Fingersplints wolf game is in general, and tunneling someone is a good way for decent-but-not-top-tier wolves to generate content without having to digest the whole game.

I don't have time to go through a detailed case because I need to get in the shower or I'mma be late for a meeting, but looking through Finger's ISO, D1 all she did was give a light townlean and soft defense of Falcon. Then on D2, Falcon said her slot was null (which 3 posts deep, yes her slot was null), and Fingers flipped on Falcon because of this, and then immediately was encouraging a Falcon elim and aside from some shade thrown at LC and some soft defense of you and Ender, Fingers has really just pushed Falcon without furthering that read. Then Porscha comes in, suggesting that maybe we look at some of the wagons that haven't gotten a lot of heat, and then Fingers starts accusing Porscha of being teamed with Falcon, which sure, surface level that would make sense, but I think falls apart pretty quickly upon inspection. It feels like Figners choose a target at D2 (Falcon) when it felt like the wind was blowing in that direction, and has locked on and they aren't really considering alternatives, but they aren't like hardpushing the idea the way I'd expect from a tunnelled town.

And like posts like this:
fingersplints wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:50 am I don’t get your stance at all. More than just falcon has been talked about. More than just falcon has been voted for in the past. The thread has been in this state the entire game. It’s a small game.
Just make it feel like Fingers is kinda aware that all they've done is push Falcon, and is trying to be like "There is nothing to see here, this is normal. Falcon isn't clearly the day's designated miselim. There is no war in Ba Sing Se".
Seanzie discredits the townread of Fingersplints that Mac has on her, and starts to use Finger pushing on Falcon and Porscha, whom are both flipped town, and myself who is town also.
So Seanzie is using Fingersplint's pushes on town players to try to incriminate her, this of course backfires upon the green check of Fingersplints thanks for NAA.
To top that off, looking at what is bolded and underlined, Seanzie is talking about Fingersplints soft defending Ender, who flips mafia.

Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:43 pm Read FS's ISO, can be wolf but don't think she is.

Why are you opposed to Ender/Falcon @Seanzie?
I think they're both town. The biggest case against Ender I've seen is that he has been active, which... isn't a good case. Looking through his ISO, I feel fine about him.

The way Falcon's wagon progressed today makes me think he was today's designated wolfbait, probably decided because enough people showed interested in Falcon's wagon early on that it felt like town would bite there too, but the wagon took a sour turn halfway through. Fingersplints has been frozen on him (I mean tbf she has been afk most of today, but her read did an unexplained 180 from D1 to D2 and has been stuck in the exact same spot all D2).
Upon being asked about Ender via Mac, Seanzie responds by just stating that he feels fine with Ender after reading his iso.
Seanzie wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:04 am
fingersplints wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:03 am I’ve been looking for this post to try and remember who said it and it took me way too long.

Seanzie yesterday made a point to say I could be paired with more than just Mac (probably because he knew already that was who the kill would be)
Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:06 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:13 am @Seanzie I think Fingersplints can only be with Mac which from my PoV makes fingerspints always a bad kill, thoughts?
I don't agree that there absolutely has to be at least one mafia in Mac/Falcon, so if you are not willing to consider solves without this condition, then I don't know what to tell you. If you are willing to consider this, then I'd say that many people could be with Fingersplints. I think Fingersplints/Falcon and Fingersplints/Porscha are unlikely, and probably Fingersplints/LC is not the team since Fingersplints echoed someone else's echo of Nook's misgivings about LC, but otherwise I don't see anything eliminating pairs with Fingersplints.

So, my thoughts are unless you can convince me of your Mac/Falcon worldview, I don't agree that Fingersplints is a bad kill.
"Seanzie talked about Mac here because he knew Mac was dying"

Lol, or maybe it was because NAA specifically said you could only be with Mac so you were a bad vote.

With posts like this where it feels like you're almost purposefully ignoring details to suit an agenda, I almost still think you're scum even if you're greenchecked. But, since you're likely just town here, please actually look at what NAA asked me.
This is Day 3 and NAA has outed the green check on FS, and despite that Seanzie is trying to discredit the green check and saying that he still has to think FS is mafia.

Seanzie then just votes Ender who was confirmed mafia by the CC and never posts again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So TLDR: Seanzie attempts to push on 3 players, Falcon, Mac, Fingersplints.
The mass point though is that Seanzie is trying to use the flip of whoever is town in order to incriminate Fingersplints.
Seanzie mentions Finger pushing Falcon - Voted out Day 2, Porscha - The Bodyguard, and myself - Look at the biceps.
The only people he doesn't end up using would be Mac - whom Sean pushes and votes, NAA - who flips cop, and Ender - who is flipping mafia and Seanzie finds a way to talk about Fingersplints soft defending him and probably serves as a backup plan in case Ender goes over.
Then it all goes pear shaped once NAA green checks Finger.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

@Master Radishes

Scale of 1-10 let me know how I did.

Also making my font bigger just to make it easier to read between the quotes and incase people are reading it on phone.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:32 pm @Master Radishes

Scale of 1-10 let me know how I did.

Also making my font bigger just to make it easier to read between the quotes and incase people are reading it on phone.
Mhmm.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I'm taking "Mhmmm" as a solid 4 out of 10 and I'll be happy about it.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Lol. I'm just not going to give anything away for now, till Seanzie has a chance to counter at least.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

fingersplints wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:01 am
Seanzie wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:26 pm Called it.

[VOTE: LC] aubergine

I don't think it will be too hard to find me here, so I'm not willing to scumcase LC since he tends to react with personal insults and excessive AtE which makes the game unpleasant.
Ok, if you are unwilling to scumcase LC can you please towncase you? I want to hear both sides
Sure.

So D1 I wasn't really here so I can't speak much about that.

D2 though, I feel like one could find me town pretty easily here. I came in and kinda felt like a rep-in even though I wasn't, so it took me a little bit to get my head on straight, but once I started actually interacting with people, a lot of interaction was surrounding Falcon, and he made a few posts that I thought were really scummy, so I pushed him. Mac also made a few bad posts, and NAA was hard pushing a Mac/Falcon team so that universe kinda made sense. A reasonable size wagon formed on Falcon, and as the day went on, my initial scumread of Falcon dissipated, and I started getting the feeling he could be miselim-bait. In particular, some of NAA's arguments started seeming less and less rational against Falcon, and I realized that if NAA was town, mafia would definitely jump on how tunneled he was on Mac/Falcon to push one of them.

So, I asked myself who might be pushing Falcon simply because NAA was pushing Falcon, and this led me to Fingers. She had an initial townread on Falcon D1, but then it flipped without explanation D2 (when NAA came in hot, pushing Falcon/Mac), and I couldn't find anywhere where she really developed that read, even though she repeated it a lot. In particular, she voted Falcon shortly after I had expressed that NAA might be onto something (granted she had expressed some misgivings on Falcon before this, so the vote wasn't completely out of the blue), so minimally there would be one town supporting a Falcon elim, if not two+. Obviously I was wrong, but I really really thought this looked like wolf!Fingersplints who had just ordered up fried town!Falcon. Mac also was on my mind at the time, and while I wasn't nearly as confident there, a lot of things made sense - Mac having some scummy posts, NAA pushing Falcon/Mac, and having Fingers jump on only Falcon, Fingers having some defenses of Mac that felt awkward. Again, I was wrong, but I'd argue that it was still a good read, and would hit more often than miss if I made the same read in 100 different games.

But yeah, so, no one was listening to me on Fingersplints, and all the wagons were super spread out so like 2 hours left in the day, I called for consolidation, and honestly I don't think I would have done that as mafia, since if we went into EoD with 7 distinct wagons in a 9 person game, it would have been nearly impossible for town to coordinate anything. But yeah, people listened to me and consolidated onto Ender, and my EoD2 kinda goes downhill from there. I was really convinced Fingersplints was mafia, and Ender hadn't pinged me at all, so I tried to move the wagon from Ender to Fingersplints. No one listened to me, fortunately, and then Ender fakeclaimed, and the wagon moved to Falcon, but even then I still tried to move it to Fingersplints. Alas, Falcon went over.

Okay, so finally we're on D3. NAA counterclaimed Ender, and while I am always a bit hesitant to trust NAA, there was clear reason why Ender might have fakeclaimed, and NAA was town in a cop!Ender world, so it was pretty clear Ender was bad. At that point, the PoE was {Me, Porscha, LC}, and Porscha was probably the person I was most confident was town, so game seemed pretty clear. I didn't/don't want to engage with LC because of how he acts, and also I learned the hard way in a past game that on "sleep" days, discussion is not always good, so I was happy we had a relatively quiet day. If I was mafia, I probably would have spent most of D3 trying to figure out where MR and Fingersplints stand exactly to help guide the NK, and also probably would have tried to fish out who was the bodyguard so I'd know who to push in MeLo or if I needed to cc. Instead I leaned into a quiet day to make it harder for LC to decide who to kill. Ultimately it didn't really matter since Porscha bit the bullet, but still, correct play to stay quiet and force a NK with as little info as possible.

And now it is D4, and the PoE has narrowed further. I am town, find me and we win. I'd say it is "simple as that" but I know MeLo situations are stressful and never simple, especially for people who actually need to make decisions. So, let me know if you have any questions. If I think of any more great reasons I'm town, I'll let you know.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:44 am
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:09 am Like I said if there's any questions let me know and I'll answer. I'm not entirely sure what else I should be doing. I'm not the type of player to scumcase someone, especially when it's just a 1 on 1 since it's just flat out going to be a conf-biased case.
Can you do it anyway?

@Seanzie same thing - since you know it's LC, can you spell out the case for me on why?
No. I wasn't joking about not being willing to scumcase LC. Last 3-4 games I've played with LC, he has resorted to personal insults and flipping out so hard at me I don't feel comfortable posting in the thread. This game I decided from the get-go to just not interact with him at all and pretend he doesn't exist to avoid any of that unpleasantness, and thus far it has worked. Today obviously complicates things since I can't really just play as if LC doesn't exist, but I'm still not willing to subject myself to that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Day end is tomorrow, which unfortunately Mondays are hell for me, so I'll be available most of the day today for questions, but I won't be around nearly as much tomorrow, so any questions/discussions are better had sooner rather than later.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Well, today has been pretty exciting.

Anyways, another way to find me town is to look at how I approached EoD2. When I got back from my run and saw Ender had a big wagon, there were only like 20 minutes left, Ender was ahead by a lot, and I was alone in the thread. It would make no sense for wolf!me in that situation to try to save wolf!Ender. All me shouting would do is tie me to Ender, who was about to flip. Wolf!me would have instead tried to position myself to look good after an Ender flip, especially with Ender's fakeclaim, which was guaranteed to be eventually cc'd, being on the right side of that would have led to an easy MeLo.

Master Radishes
Hitman

Okay. Let's just haphazardly go through some things.

First, Ender and Seanzie have no interactions that can't easily be w/w.

E.g.
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:39 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:25 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:22 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:15 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:12 pm Seanzie, I will vote you out if all you do this game is make a joke at daystart and fuck off.

And I won't even feel bad if you're town.
Seems kinda hostile. I missed one day, one instance does not make a pattern.
I'm not particularly happy with the content of the game and if you posted once and disappeared it would have just hurt more.
What is wrong with the content this game?
A good 50% of it hasn't existed as actual content.
I mean, this could easily just be one wolf speaking to another in a hot dog costume.

There are a few other Ender/Seanzie interactions later in the game but they're all on this sort of level. Nothing that makes me pause and think it's a wolf interacting with a town.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Re: Veggie Wars Mafia [Day 1]

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:11 pm I'm not sure I vibe with Seanzie being scum because the wagon on him has literally just sat there this entire time.
Towards the end of D1. LC pointed out shortly thereafter, though, that it was only a 2-person 'wagon' that Ender was referring to.

Ender then votes elsewhere, but does end up back on Seanzie in the 4-way rand. A bit risky to vote your partner, even in a rand scenario, on D1. But Seanzie had made like one post and it was a 4-way tie so, like, odds weren't awful I guess.

For context: what happened as far as I can remember/piece together now is that the Falc wagon had 3 (NAA, LC, EW), but LC suggested we let it rand and he and Ender switched to Seanzie in the exact same moment; LC then switched back to Falcon to make it a 4-way rand situation. I could see Ender hoping in the off-chance Seanzie lost the tie he'd get some credit for being there.

This is not a smoking gun or anything - I'm just thinking out loud.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I know I said I'd focus on interactions more so than generic scumhunting, but if I were to a distrustfall sort of exercise, I'd say:

The scummiest thing about Seanzie was his sudden, confident push onto Fingersplints after being MIA from much of the early game - it was an 'easy' target (FS has had a lower presence level and a tone/posting style that could be fairly easily twisted into being painted as 'scummy' imo) that makes sense for a low-activity scum to latch on to as a direction to push in.

And whilst I'm thinking along these lines, perhaps the scummeist thing about Lime Coke has been his propensity to be a weathervane. Like a lot of the time as I read through here, I see him changing direction based on what others have said, e.g. D1 with Falcon (he had him as a TR but changed his mind towards EoD) and D2 with Ender (once Mac came out and confidently claimed he'd solved the game and Ender was scum). Notably on that last one he didn't really push hard/vote Ender, just amplify the shade a bit.
Master Radishes
Hitman

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:38 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:06 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:58 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:55 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:52 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:47 pm Also, Ender, I can't read you anyways dude.

Best to leave it to someone else.

Not to take the blame off me FYI, just leave me less annoyed with myself for fucking up.
Mmmm.

I'm gonna re-read it a little but I'm actually thinking this might be LC wolf here.

LC has been scared of me as wolf in the past because I've grasped his meta outside his angry play pretty well. This feels like him grasping a chance to push against me while someone else has the blame for the reasons when I flip town.

I'm busy atm and will need to leave soon but that is definitely a possibility. (Mac not paired in that case.)
I've townread you pretty strongly every game when you were a wolf.

So are you really not considering this when looking at that?
I was also your "Most confident townread" on day 1 here too.

Yet you've shown doubt about your townread before when it feels like winds are blowing against me. You never commit to being my biggest detractor, and "sheeping Mac" is a great excuse for it.

That being said, I'm not 100% sure this does fit your meta, it was just a thought when seeing you play metronome with your stance.
This wouldn't be happening if I didn't misclear you about 3 games by now, as I was putting in effort to actually read you.
Meh. I could be wrong. Just felt really fucking weird when you ended last day with "Ender is town" as your "Most confident read" and then flipped it on me the moment someone big came at me.
I can't decide what to make of this sequence.

It's...pretty soft, enough so that I'd never clear the w/w association off of it.

But it almost feels like a real conversation? I do feel, at least, like they didn't *need* to do this at this juncture (D2). Maybe Mac's bulldozer entrance on D2 scared them a bit, so they went for a bit of distance? But beyond that these two were the loudest voices driving the thread, and could've easily continued that without the need to fake suss on each other. So it does feel a bit out of place for it to be w/w, but as I say not enough to discount it completely, and maybe Mac's arrival panicked them a bit.

/thinking out loud some more
Master Radishes
Hitman

(tbh this is ALL me just 'thinking out loud' so sorry for spamming the thread in a disjointed manner, but it's more for me then for anyone else)
Master Radishes
Hitman

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:53 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:10 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:00 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:58 am
Seanzie wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:47 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:40 am TBH, I'm kind of surprised that Ender isn't voting Mac, because I see no way Mac and Ender can both be town.
Why? Because Mac suspects Ender?
It's not THAT he suspects him, it's HOW he approached the read. Mac came in with a very clear intention to take over the thread, and succeeded.
Oh, you're playing now? Excellent

What's your take on Porscha & fingers?
Eh, I don't like this. NAA has given a lot of thoughts on you. Are some of them kinda reachy? Sure, but he gave reasons for him pushing you. Pretending like he hasn't and only just now started "playing" is pretty meh.

Kinda starting to think NAA might be on to something.
This is a good post from Seanzie.
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:01 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:40 pm [VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
LC, your vote switches are definitely raising my hackles.
Ender/Seanzie remain w/w-compatible.
Master Radishes
Hitman

EnderWiggin wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:07 am I actually am thinking more and more this is despondant wolf!LC. He falls off on D2/D3 when he isn't really putting in an effort. He can also do so after some bad games (I remember him falling off as town in Smilies for instance), but the weird vote swapping plus disengagement = IF Falcon/MR are town then LC has to be wolf
EnderWiggin wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:08 am I am gonna re-dive my meta stuff but I'm feeling a little more confident now about [VOTE: Lime Coke] aubergine and this gamestate is stagnant so shake-a-the-things-up
This is about 12 hours to go before EoD, which is not so close I'd call this 'never w/w' but also in this slow gamestate it's a bit risky to push your active potential deepwolf partner when you yourself do not, at this stage, have a wagon on you.

My hesitation is sort of *how* Ender goes about deciding to vote LC. It...doesn't feel genuine. Well, like, obviously, duh. But I can't tell the flavour of disingenuity. Is this a distancing tactic which he feels is safe enough to get away with, or an attempt to look like he's 'shaking things up' (as he himself justifies it with)?
Master Radishes
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:59 pm [VOTE: ender] aubergine

Why is Mac going over?
Afaict the Ender wagon was only at 2 votes until LC bumps it up here, 2 hours before EoD. (I can't tell from the thread what Mac's vote count is at tbh, but I don't remember it being any higher than Ender's I think? So like 2-3 votes at most?)

Once again, I wouldn't call this *never* w/w as maybe wolf!LC senses momentum and wants to get in on it, knowing his partner is gonna come in and cop claim soon.

But once again, it does feel a bit unnecessary for an Ender/LC team. Like, wolves absolutely do play 'scared' and over-think how they look together and so bus more than they need to. But surely both Ender and LC are more confident/experienced than that? At least enough so that they find an avenue to push a falcon or NAA or MR wagon in this gamestate instead, rather than bus like they've done to each other in this round? Or if they're going to distance they make more of a show of it?

God damn WIFOM. :fist:
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:46 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:59 pm [VOTE: ender] aubergine

Why is Mac going over?
Afaict the Ender wagon was only at 2 votes until LC bumps it up here, 2 hours before EoD. (I can't tell from the thread what Mac's vote count is at tbh, but I don't remember it being any higher than Ender's I think? So like 2-3 votes at most?)

Once again, I wouldn't call this *never* w/w as maybe wolf!LC senses momentum and wants to get in on it, knowing his partner is gonna come in and cop claim soon.

But once again, it does feel a bit unnecessary for an Ender/LC team. Like, wolves absolutely do play 'scared' and over-think how they look together and so bus more than they need to. But surely both Ender and LC are more confident/experienced than that? At least enough so that they find an avenue to push a falcon or NAA or MR wagon in this gamestate instead, rather than bus like they've done to each other in this round? Or if they're going to distance they make more of a show of it?

God damn WIFOM. :fist:
I think it was 4 at the time. Mac was voting himself as well.
Master Radishes
Hitman

LC, haven't you said, in the past, that you often get angry/frustrated as town, but are more calm as Mafia?
Master Radishes
Hitman

I was all ready to be like 'yeah it's probably just Seanzie'

but now I'm like....LC, where's the emotion? I'm just scrolling through past town game sof yours and even if you don't flip out and swear I still sense more *emotion* in your posts there than in this game.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:55 am LC, haven't you said, in the past, that you often get angry/frustrated as town, but are more calm as Mafia?
I just got off a 2 month ban from this site and I'm nearing the end of a 6 month suspension on MU.

Trying to not rage.
Master Radishes
Hitman

@fingersplints

My current thoughts:

Interactions
*Ender/Seanzie fits easily. They have no hard interactions.
*Ender/LC, however, are not really ruled out as a team. Their pushes on each other and are not *very* hard tbh. More details in posts above ^ but although it seems less likely that they're paired, I can't rule it out.

GTH: Seanzie is the likelier wolf based on how each of them interacted with Ender (and vice versa).

General scumminess
*Seanzie's actions fit that of a slanky wolf. His turn on to you feels like a slanky wolf looking for an avenue to appear engaged.
*LC as a wolf is also not impossible. His general activity/engagement level is good, but seeing as he never faced much pressure he likely would have always felt fairly comfortable even as scum in this slow gamestate. I'm...now a bit concerned though, because he has a history of getting visibly frustrated when Town but less so as Mafia, and this game he has been actually quite calm the whole time.

GTH: Seanzie is more conventionally scummy, but once again I can't rule LC out, particularly based on his own meta.

Approach to F4
(In my experience, the best tell for a scenario like this is how each person approaches the final round itself.)

*Seanzie is happy to talk about himself being town but not LC being scum. I guess this is fairly NAI.
*LC came in with a few big-ass posts about why he's definitely town. If I'm being uncharitible, they feel pre-prepared. I don't think he can be cleared on 'effort' here. In fact, in a gamestate like this, 'effort' is what should get him townread, which he'd know as scum. He's in the driver's seat, he knows it, and a bit of work over Night to show his towniness should seal him the game.

GTH: Lime Coke's approach to this final round feels simultaneously better but also worse than Seanzie's.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:15 am
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:55 am LC, haven't you said, in the past, that you often get angry/frustrated as town, but are more calm as Mafia?
I just got off a 2 month ban from this site and I'm nearing the end of a 6 month suspension on MU.

Trying to not rage.
Fair enough.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I say that numerous times but I end up raging anyways because nothing ever fucking changes.

But it's getting to a point where I'm missing shit that I never wanted to miss. I gotta do it somehow.
Master Radishes
Hitman

The 'easy' answer is just Seanzie. If Ender/LC were the team they worked really hard and 'deserve' it tbh.

But I also ALWAYS get it wrong in F4/F5 and I want to, just for once, get it right. So I'll continue to mull and ponder and ruminate.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:16 am I say that numerous times but I end up raging anyways because nothing ever fucking changes.

But it's getting to a point where I'm missing shit that I never wanted to miss. I gotta do it somehow.
Swearing now won't change my concerns about this, btw. ;)
Master Radishes
Hitman

I get scumread when town all the time, especially in the early game.

I find it funny because I can just rub it in their faces later.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:20 am I get scumread when town all the time, especially in the early game.

^my point being don't rage in the moment, just picture that moment where you end up mischopped, flip green, and all your detractors are like '...oh, shit' and then bide your time for the post-game/spec chat 'haha told you so' moment.

That's what I do. :mafia:
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

It's self meta, but like I said during that EOD with Mac as the top wagon I don't go out of my way to save Mac there and vote a teammate when there's 2 or 3 other viable misyeets available that people would be happy to jump on.
Specifically if my partner is making a legit effort. I'm a terrible lone wolf late game because I have no idea what to do.
The only reason I bus is if my partner is 5 posting and is just going to go over anyways...then I take the towncred and bus them.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I need to take a break and do real work.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:21 am
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:20 am I get scumread when town all the time, especially in the early game.

^my point being don't rage in the moment, just picture that moment where you end up mischopped, flip green, and all your detractors are like '...oh, shit' and then bide your time for the post-game/spec chat 'haha told you so' moment.

That's what I do. :mafia:
Yeah I gotta learn how to deal with it significantly better, although I'm starting to add ideas.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I'm trying to figure out what I can say that gives you more confidence that I'm town.

I kind of just realized that I've been blind to the fact that it is a F3 situation (Plus an extra head that's trying to sort things out as well) and you two have the hammer and it's significantly more stressful in that situation.
Although I would love to have the hammer in F3's because I'm like that. 👀
This is one of the rare times where the right answer is just the easy answer. Seanzie this game has done next to nothing besides push FingerSplints on Day 2. He's been coasting the rest of the game.

This game I've flat out kept the same amount of energy throughout the entirety of the game.
It's self-meta again, but I struggle to keep my energy throughout the course of a game because I hate wolfing and even if I'm giving a full effort to win, I end up doing less and less as the game goes on.
This I've kept the same energy whether it was alignment reads or even trying to solve mechanically which is a rarity as town but the setup was simple enough to solve using it.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:46 am
I kind of just realized that I've been blind to the fact that it is a F3 situation (Plus an extra head that's trying to sort things out as well) and you two have the hammer and it's significantly more stressful in that situation.
Fact about this statement: I think in every Final 3 I've been apart of I always had the hammer. I wasn't the one being judged/competing against the other player. This is the first time.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I'm kinda waiting for FingerSplints to appear now so that I can talk to her but I need to get to bed soon.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Giving her 30 more minutes and then I'm passing out.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

Sorry guys. It’s been crazy. Haven’t been able to post a ton but I promise I’ve been carefully thinking about all you both said
Gro-oo-ovy
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Glad I gave an extra 5 minutes.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

If there's any questions FS let me know.

I'm on phone right now so... please nothing that's a huge case, I'll answer anything though.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:45 am If there's any questions FS let me know.

I'm on phone right now so... please nothing that's a huge case, I'll answer anything though.
Don't ask me to do anything case wise**
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:45 am If there's any questions FS let me know.

I only play on my phone lol it’s probably why I’m a lower poster but I’m here
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

So me and MR are so on the same page. It’s great in the sense that ok you want the town to work together but bad in the sense that I was hoping for some kind of lightbulb moment, something I missed, or different perspective to make this decision easier lol but oh well
Gro-oo-ovy
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

fingersplints wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:48 am

I only play on my phone lol it’s probably why I’m a lower poster but I’m here
I legit can't do that on any site I need to be on laptop every now and then.

Phone is fine for immediate interactions though.
Back reading? Not so much.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

fingersplints wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:49 am So me and MR are so on the same page. It’s great in the sense that ok you want the town to work together but bad in the sense that I was hoping for some kind of lightbulb moment, something I missed, or different perspective to make this decision easier lol but oh well
This "you" being me or "you" being MR?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:16 am I say that numerous times but I end up raging anyways because nothing ever fucking changes.

You’re progress is great. It’s tough in these high pressure situations but just stay calm either way. It’s better for you :)
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:51 am
fingersplints wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:49 am So me and MR are so on the same page. It’s great in the sense that ok you want the town to work together but bad in the sense that I was hoping for some kind of lightbulb moment, something I missed, or different perspective to make this decision easier lol but oh well
This "you" being me or "you" being MR?
“You” more like “you all”

The town as a whole wants town to work together
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:18 am The 'easy' answer is just Seanzie. If Ender/LC were the team they worked really hard and 'deserve' it tbh.

But I also ALWAYS get it wrong in F4/F5 and I want to, just for once, get it right. So I'll continue to mull and ponder and ruminate.
Tbh I’m still at the same point. I’m also trying to think about how I’d feel after game

If I vote Seanzie, and it’s LC: ok it sucks to be wrong and lose for the town, but LC was the more townie option.
If I vote LC, and it’s Seanzie: I’m more annoyed because I thought that for days and then just second guessed my intuition last minute for no reason
Gro-oo-ovy
Master Radishes
Hitman

I'm willing to just say it's Seanzie, and if it's actually LC then shrug it off and say he earned it by outworking us.

Return to “Previous Heists”