Mini TV and Movie Walrus

Take a walk in Tin Pan Alley, the area's most famous music district.

Moderator: Community Team

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Mini TV and Movie Walrus

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

This is going to be a bit of an alternative walrus! The basic idea: 3 rounds, all songs are used in a TV or Film scene.

The scoring:

1-7 for personal enjoyment
1-7 for how well the song works as part of the scene

The second bit is somewhat subjective, of course, but the basic idea is that the scene and the music should work and build off each other, rather than just being a scene that happens to have music in it. The music must be integral to the scene, in other words.

Submissions should be a clip of the scene. Musicals are not allowed, but movies based around music are (Glee is no good, Quadrophenia is).

The examples im including aren't perfect scores, but are meant to illustrate the general idea of what I'm looking for. The categories:

Category One: Intros and Outros

Pretty much what the box says: a song that is part of an intro or an outro. This can be the opening or closing scene of a movie or episode, or the opening credits (examples: Amorena in Dog Day Afternoon…Short Skirt, Long Jacket in Chuck…you get the idea).

Category Two: Harmony Sweet Harmony

Give me a song that flows within the scene seamlessly. A perfect match of music and visuals. Example: Lust for Life in Trainspotting.

And Now, For Something Completely Different

Give me a scene that doesn't fit the general tone of the rest of the movie/show, but just works anyways. Examples include anything from the Scrubs musical episode, Look on the Bright Side of Life from Life of Brian, you get the idea. I'll be looser about movies, but still no straight up musicals!

For scoring purposes, I will largely be considering just the specific scene in the movie--scenes that require broader context to work can still be submitted, but you're taking a gamble ive seen the show or movie/remember it well enough to give it high marks! Obviously the scene doesn't have to feature a full song, that would be too onerous and remove a lot of my favorite examples of music working to enhance a film or TV show. Unlike a lot of walruses, the visuals do obviously matter, as how the music works in the scene is the whole point of this, so try to sub decent quality videos if you can! If you can't find just the chunk you want in a neat clip, I will accept longer videos that contain the chunk if you tell me what timestamps to watch/listen from/to.

Submit to me via site PM or on discord @ clemj/Nanook#8937 and don't worry about spoilers or anything.

If I get too many subs ill put a cap in, but I encourage people to sub if they want to! Deadline for subs is July 8, will start reveals that weekend (exact day and time tbd).
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Re: Mini TV and Movie Walrus

Reveals will be in the TS Walrus server
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by hollowkatt »

oh hell yes
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Neat
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by falcon45ca »

Yessum
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage

Reveal will be done live in the walrus discord on July 23, at 3pm eastern. Scoring will be live, very hype! If you have last minute and/or partial subs, feel free to send me those too.

Results!

Nutella wins in a tight race.

Return to “Tin Pan Alley”