Who put Boquise on ice?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Creature
No votes
fingersplints
15%
RondoDimBuckle
8%
Final 3 (dead, host, mod, non-player option)
77%

Total votes: 13
Boquise
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 714
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 6]

Post by Boquise »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:40 am Boquise, if you are town you should probably be pushing Alison. It's highly unlike any wolfteam combination of finger/Rondo/me would leave both of you alive to F5. I know if I was wolf I would've probably killed Alison N2 instead of Seanzie who wasn't particularly a threat for me. Also, Alison was clearly a bigger vote than Marmot EOD4 yet Marmot died. Marmot didn't feel like a danger to me either, unless you're exactly my wolf partner.
You have a point regarding Alison, but wolves would definitely want to keep me until lylo since I am the designated misyeet. Just how Nate was the designated misyeet.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:52 pm
fingersplints wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:46 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:22 pm I don't know if I'll be around for EOD, frankly. My sleep schedules and IRL commitments have not lined up well with EOD timings.

I am just going to [VOTE: finger] aubergine before bed and hope it is her, because finger seems set on me and isn't going to be around EOD, which means if she's villa the game is over regardless.

If I am around for EOD, I will adjust my vote as appropriate.
You say “seems set on me” but you haven’t even attempted to change my mind.

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
I don't know what I'm supposed to change your mind on. You're voting me because I "can be paired with anyone". I've given strong arguments for why I'm not paired with Boq, and you haven't addressed that. Creature spent a lot of time today pushing/shading me, and you've argued that scum partners wouldn't push each other today.

Shrug. You can't be around for EOD, you'll have spotty connection until then. I don't know if I myself can be around for EOD. You have declared you are likely just going to lock vote me and leave. Either you are mafia who is just spewing nonsense or you are town who has completely checked out and aren't listening to what I have to say. I do not have time, I do not have energy, and I can barely keep my eyes open.

So I am just going to leave it here. Good night.
I dont think Creature has spent a lot of time to push/shade you, especially when he is yet again voting me
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

I think my best approach today is just, read everyone's ISOs and see where that takes me tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

i am not very used to wolves trying to openly bury a town player in lylos because there is always a risk that the town flares up and starts bleeding town, so I am reluctant to keep Rondo as a possibility. Thing is it is like 4 years since I played a lylo with not locked votes so maybe the approach is different.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Creature »

Welp looks like it'll be an Alison v finger thunderdome which is not really my ideal thunderdome
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boquise wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:36 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:52 pm
fingersplints wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:46 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:22 pm I don't know if I'll be around for EOD, frankly. My sleep schedules and IRL commitments have not lined up well with EOD timings.

I am just going to [VOTE: finger] aubergine before bed and hope it is her, because finger seems set on me and isn't going to be around EOD, which means if she's villa the game is over regardless.

If I am around for EOD, I will adjust my vote as appropriate.
You say “seems set on me” but you haven’t even attempted to change my mind.

I don't know what I'm supposed to change your mind on. You're voting me because I "can be paired with anyone". I've given strong arguments for why I'm not paired with Boq, and you haven't addressed that. Creature spent a lot of time today pushing/shading me, and you've argued that scum partners wouldn't push each other today.

Shrug. You can't be around for EOD, you'll have spotty connection until then. I don't know if I myself can be around for EOD. You have declared you are likely just going to lock vote me and leave. Either you are mafia who is just spewing nonsense or you are town who has completely checked out and aren't listening to what I have to say. I do not have time, I do not have energy, and I can barely keep my eyes open.

So I am just going to leave it here. Good night.
I dont think Creature has spent a lot of time to push/shade you, especially when he is yet again voting me
I am most of the time voting either you or Alison unless something drastic makes me consider a finger/Rondo team.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Rondo not being here kinda worries me
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:03 am
Creature wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:36 pm Also I kind of townread fingersplints.

lol if they are wolf and survived this long untouched.
look if finger has made it this far as wolf by basically slanking I am fine for her to win and it be a lesson for all of us to kill slankers faster
:/
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 198

Post by fingersplints »

Boquise wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:31 pm
Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:40 am Boquise, if you are town you should probably be pushing Alison. It's highly unlike any wolfteam combination of finger/Rondo/me would leave both of you alive to F5. I know if I was wolf I would've probably killed Alison N2 instead of Seanzie who wasn't particularly a threat for me. Also, Alison was clearly a bigger vote than Marmot EOD4 yet Marmot died. Marmot didn't feel like a danger to me either, unless you're exactly my wolf partner.
You have a point regarding Alison, but wolves would definitely want to keep me until lylo since I am the designated misyeet. Just how Nate was the designated misyeet.
If we want to continue down the “why hasn’t this person been NK’d yet because they have been pretty universally NK’d yet” then I think we should consider rondo on that basis
However I think Alison made a good rebuttal about both the last also being widely townread. I guess tonight’s kill might give us info if we make it that far
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:00 pm Welp looks like it'll be an Alison v finger thunderdome which is not really my ideal thunderdome
Alison saying this does not make it need to be true.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:03 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:03 am
Creature wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:36 pm Also I kind of townread fingersplints.

lol if they are wolf and survived this long untouched.
look if finger has made it this far as wolf by basically slanking I am fine for her to win and it be a lesson for all of us to kill slankers faster
But as I am town maybe the real lesson here is that “slanking” is in most cases NAI. Some people post less. Some people post more.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:02 pm Rondo not being here kinda worries me
What time is it in Australia?
Is he in Australia or did I completely imagine that?
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 0]

Post by fingersplints »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:03 pm While I appreciate the link, I meant actual physically. Like I am in Australia and Aussie culture is much different to American/European/Asian
Ok no I had that right. He’ll probably come around soon
Gro-oo-ovy
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:00 pm Welp looks like it'll be an Alison v finger thunderdome which is not really my ideal thunderdome
by votal it is currently a me vs fingers thunderdome and if one of you and rondo is town, we have lost tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Creature, you have ignored several of my game relevant questions directed to you, even when i have tagged you repeatedly. Why is it like that?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Despite me saying I am most likely to vote Alison, and her insistence that I lock voted when I at the time hadn’t even voted yet, I am still considering the other options and can be swayed by a great case. I actually wouldn’t have even voted her yet had she not decided to go the uninspiring route of trying to place the attention back on me.

@Creature @RondoDimBuckle @Boquise I’m willing to hear whatever you got. I still got a few hours in me
Gro-oo-ovy
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boquise wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:15 pm
by votal it is currently a me vs fingers thunderdome and if one of you and rondo is town, we have lost tbh
I'm still open to switch. Just give me a wolf and if I nod I'll go with it.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boquise wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:16 pm Creature, you have ignored several of my game relevant questions directed to you, even when i have tagged you repeatedly. Why is it like that?
I didn't have the patience for this game and I only wanted to find and lynch wolves. I never really wolfread falcon and DrWilgy though so two mislynches I didn't approve happened.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:29 pm
What is your “ideal thunder dome”
Gro-oo-ovy
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

currently ctrl-f'ing JJJ's ISO to see what he has said about every alive player
Honestly lylos are my favourite times in mafia, but i have scarce wim
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:31 pm
Boquise wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:16 pm Creature, you have ignored several of my game relevant questions directed to you, even when i have tagged you repeatedly. Why is it like that?
I didn't have the patience for this game and I only wanted to find and lynch wolves. I never really wolfread falcon and DrWilgy though so two mislynches I didn't approve happened.
yeah but like you made statements such as "if Ender flips town Boq is scum" pre-flip Ender, and you have complained about the game, but you have very rarely interacted with me or tried to solve me and that is weird
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boquise wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:51 pm
Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:31 pm
yeah but like you made statements such as "if Ender flips town Boq is scum" pre-flip Ender, and you have complained about the game, but you have very rarely interacted with me or tried to solve me and that is weird
Like others at the time, when I realized Ender was leaving a legacy when he no longer could be saved I thought he was likely flipping town and hence thought you and Jay were wolves skating by. So did Dyslexicon who died the night after (they had Jay/you for wolves). Hence why I felt like sheeping dead town's legacy.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

fingersplints wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:35 pm
Alison v Boq

Because lol if we missed you and Rondo all game
Boquise
Money Launderer

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 1]

Post by Boquise »

saving some quotes and stuff, not done yet, but just want to colour this read list
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:05 am If I had to provide a GTH sorting of the game by a seven-player POE, this is about where I'd fall right now:

Alison
Boquise
lucy
MacDougall
RondoDimBuckle
Seanzie
NateTheLesser

---[POE LINE]---

Creature
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
EnderWiggin
falcon45ca
fingersplints
Marmot

Names within groups aren't ordered. Not every name above the line is a confident one (e.g., Nate is an undeveloped read, but I give him the gut read nod). EnderWiggin is another challenge that I could stand to develop with an ISO.

Not gonna write a conclusion yet
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:18 pm
fingersplints wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:35 pm
Alison v Boq

Because lol if we missed you and Rondo all game
According to the poll, Boq has two votes and Alison has one.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Boquise wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:33 pm saving some quotes and stuff, not done yet, but just want to colour this read list
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:05 am If I had to provide a GTH sorting of the game by a seven-player POE, this is about where I'd fall right now:

Alison
Boquise
lucy
MacDougall
RondoDimBuckle
Seanzie
NateTheLesser

---[POE LINE]---

Creature
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
EnderWiggin
falcon45ca
fingersplints
Marmot

Names within groups aren't ordered. Not every name above the line is a confident one (e.g., Nate is an undeveloped read, but I give him the gut read nod). EnderWiggin is another challenge that I could stand to develop with an ISO.
Fixed the broken code

So if you/Alison/rondo are teammate of JjJ that means he put both teammates in town read and none in PoE.
Not sure what is most likely for Jay. I personally would split them up, so idk doesn’t make me feel better about creature but not a strong point as it’s theorising on what others would do based on what I’d do
Gro-oo-ovy
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Boquise wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:33 pm saving some quotes and stuff, not done yet, but just want to colour this read list

Alison
Boquise
lucy
MacDougall
RondoDimBuckle
Seanzie
NateTheLesser

---[POE LINE]---

Creature
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
EnderWiggin
falcon45ca
fingersplints
Marmot

i fucked up the colours...
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

fingersplints wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:39 pm

Alison
Boquise
lucy
MacDougall
RondoDimBuckle
Seanzie
NateTheLesser

---[POE LINE]---

Creature
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
EnderWiggin
falcon45ca
fingersplints
Marmot

Fixed the broken code

So if you/Alison/rondo are teammate of JjJ that means he put both teammates in town read and none in PoE.
Not sure what is most likely for Jay. I personally would split them up, so idk doesn’t make me feel better about creature but not a strong point as it’s theorising on what others would do based on what I’d do
yea exactly tbh
will maybe be easier when reaching a conclusion in his iso
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I have a nasty feeling this game will end with a tie.

finger and Rondo have split their votes and I'm not sure if they're coming back.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

fingersplints wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:39 pm

Alison
Boquise
lucy
MacDougall
RondoDimBuckle
Seanzie
NateTheLesser

---[POE LINE]---

Creature
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
EnderWiggin
falcon45ca
fingersplints
Marmot

Fixed the broken code

tbh if I had a combination of Alison/Boquise/RondoDimBuckle for wolfmates I would also hard townread them.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

viewtopic.php?t=2390

You can check my recently finished wolfgame here. I had a pretty underwhelming wolf game and mostly skated by while sucking up to my wolfmates who I deemed to be strong players (Seanzie and MacDougall).
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:37 pm I have a nasty feeling this game will end with a tie.

finger and Rondo have split their votes and I'm not sure if they're coming back.
I’m still around but growing increasingly tired
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

But I don’t see why it would end in a tie or why you would let it if town

Alison 1 (fingersplints)
Boq 2 (rondo, creature)

Alison has expressed interest in voting me.

If both boq and Alison vote to self pres it would be Boq in the lead. Even if Alison doesn’t return and vote and it is tied, you said yourself you wanted Alison and Boq meaning you could just easily switch your vote.
This post concerns me about you
Gro-oo-ovy
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

In my adventures through JJJ's iso, I think Creature is town tbh
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

fingersplints wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:56 pm But I don’t see why it would end in a tie or why you would let it if town

Alison 1 (fingersplints)
Boq 2 (rondo, creature)

If both boq and Alison vote to self pres it would be Boq in the lead. Even if Alison doesn’t return and vote and it is tied, you said yourself you wanted Alison and Boq meaning you could just easily switch your vote.
If the wolfteam is exactly Alison + Boquise and you/Rondo split votes between them, then no matter where I vote I can't bring any of them to 3 votes. Alison and Boquise can just put two votes on town and guarantee a tie to win.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I wished Rondo was around.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:41 am I observe three players right now that I would place in the same descriptive basket: often high-activity posters and currently not at all active

Marmot, Dizzy, and Creature

Among them, Creature continues to stand out to me. I may or may not have the right impression of Creature’s meta, but his engagement to this point is concerning regardless. It’s non-zero but still minimal, so it’s not total abject slanking.

Marmot and Dizzy have done nearly nothing at all. They can sit in my POE accordingly, albeit at maximum null. This is neither town nor mafia indicative for them in my eyes. They’ll likely show up yet anyway
This is one of many posts. JJJ's main push and main interest during the early days was Creature (and then me). Knowing that I am town, it looks like JJJ tried to power wolf through the game. At first I thought maybe JJJ wanted to help Creature get into the game (there are plenty of "pls explain what you mean" posts from JJJ directed to Creature),
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

So now I have 1 player I feel certain is not scum tbh.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:02 pm
fingersplints wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:56 pm But I don’t see why it would end in a tie or why you would let it if town

Alison 1 (fingersplints)
Boq 2 (rondo, creature)

If the wolfteam is exactly Alison + Boquise and you/Rondo split votes between them, then no matter where I vote I can't bring any of them to 3 votes. Alison and Boquise can just put two votes on town and guarantee a tie to win.
Gotcha I understand now
Gro-oo-ovy
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

rn going through rondo stuff
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

but yeah Creature is always town, especially with his eod posts in mind.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:46 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:40 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:38 pm I always used to say that I have no preference between rolling town or mafia, but these days that's probably a lie I would tell myself to assuage my ego. I play Mafia mostly for the solving.
Thoughts on Rondo?
So far Rondo is a bit of a clash of micro and macro. A couple little moments have piqued my attention (e.g., the whole talking about TV as a pocket thing) for seeming hyperbolic, for lack of a better word. I wouldn't call Rondo a town read at least.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:15 pm @RondoDimBuckle

You asked why I had you on the town side of my POE sort. You’re a bit of an odd duck, and I mean that in an endearing sense. That means you’re hard to follow, but you’re still absolutely everywhere in this game thread. I don’t think players similar to your archetype in this game tend to flip mafia very often.
so one of jjj's earlier scum leans were Rondo, but after this he climbs to a townier position without much explanation
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:17 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pm I've played with a lot of players who come from chat mafia - they are almost always chatty and comfortable in that chattiness, regardless of alignment. I think the fact that Lucy is refusing to make reads and is just talking about TV shows means that I'd expect her to be comfortable even if she was a wolf.

I townread her for a post she made afterwards where she asked Seanzie about his age. I think her worrying about adjusting her perspective on his tone based on his age was a sincere thought, and it's not something that many people, especially forum mafia newbies, would think to fake. It reflects a desire to get things right, which I guess is sorta close to what you said about her wanting to make a mark. I'm with you on Lucy right now.
Fair enough.

It's plausible that a player like lucy enters the forum experience with an inherently broad "range", a la the EpicMafia crew. We seem to agree where it counts.
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pmWhat about Boquise and Seanzie? I'm not familiar with Boquise, but he hasn't done anything that jumps out as me as town, and Seanzie if anything is being slightly less proddy and pokey than he usually is.
My read on Boquise is deeply spiritual. I gleaned it from the garnet crystal I keep next to my bed. Boq and I have a somewhat unique experience to draw from, and it's a single game (champs, season 7, semifinal 3). Boq had less than a good time in that game, and it kind of became a standard bearer for him as a descriptor of his "town self-worth". Just given what happened in that game and the conversations I have had with Boq since, I have a decently developed mental concept of what town Boq ought to look like in our next game. And I think he is starting this one in decent alignment with that mental concept. He seeks to put his turbulence behind him and solve the cot-damned game. At least that's my initial impression.

I don't have quite as much to say about Seanzie. I have a playing personality that I associate with him (I might describe it as assertive inquisitor), and in that character he has looked generally similar so far here to other town versions of him I have seen. If I made a big pretty rainbow list, perhaps Seanzie's green is a bit duller than lucy's or Boq's.
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pmRe: falcon, I think if he was mafia and said the line about there being one wolf between you and Seanzie, it would have been intentionally made to throw shade on you - but he backs off it relatively quickly and plays it off as a joke, which suggests he isn't really interested in pushing that narrative. Nothing out of the realm of fakeability, but it's enough for a townlean on page 2.
Cool beans. I am not sure that I agree with the premise, but before I go arguing I will think about it and see falcon's play develop.
hmmmm is this a post you do to a wolf mate though...
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

voting Alison, partly because I am forced to, partly because I think I can clear the others in a better way tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

I am always dying in this wagon formation though! Pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew man I have sucked so hard in this game
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

but like, i dont think JJJ spends so much time trying to bury Creature during D1 and D2 as partner? It can be distancing for sure, but I just dont think thats his style? And Creature did do the clutch vote on JJJ at that eod.

So I am left with Fingers/Alison, Fingers/Rondo, Alison/Rondo.
And as I said earlier, Fingers only really make sense in a Creature/Fingers world.

I can for sure be wrong and like, Alison and Fingers doing some scum theatre today, or point at how Rondo has only entertained me as a wolf today and he and Fingers had barely any interaction. But I think Alison/Rondo is a good fit.

Alison, if you are town, you will need to convince me that the team is Rondo/Fingers
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

like maybe i am discarding the Creature/Fingers composition too fast, but man, JJJ stuff tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

there is also the fact that Alison has been like, the only one who has acknowledged my solving today tbh :wowee:

Return to “Previous Hustles”