MacDougall
No votes
MartinGG99
No votes
Seanzie
25%
Stupid Sexy Flanders
No votes
The breakfast slam! (host, mods, np, dead)
38%

Total votes: 8
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Re: Reanimators [DAY 4]

Post by MartinGG99 »

if we're wrong about you then just be upset at DrWilgy for giving out inconsistent role-cards
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
Spoiler: show
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

like even DrWilgy mentions it here in the OP
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:48 pm Example Vanilla Civ message:
Congrats! You are a vanilla civilian! Eliminate the threats to the town!
you saying this
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:40 pm I breifly wondered if I missed in my rolecard a wincon or something since one was never given, but I assume Civ means Town and if I were Indy I would have been given a goal of any kind.
suggests that you have not seen something like "Eliminate the threats to the town!"
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

In which case either you are making up your claim

or DrWilgy gave you a bad card
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Stupid Sexy Flanders »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:05 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:24 pm I definitely kill the resurrected civilian N2 no matter how they approached the thread. Absolutely no way I allow someone who's essentially town cleared by EVERYONE, to see another day. Maf needs a wide open PoE, leaving a town cleared player alive is a terrible play.
how come they don't kill you last night then
The only real way to accomplish placing doubt on mine or Mac's alignment would be to allow us to live.
Can't kill us both in the same night, however it did occur to me that there is a possibility Mac had an alignment switch. He's a highly regarded player here, so it is odd he didn't get MK'd, however there's nothing saying mafia don't have a role cop and got a hit on Porscha (if she is/was a special)

But I kinda get the feeling you might have an idea why. Why do you think Mac wasn't killed?
Majority rule, don't work in mental institutions
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:15 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:24 pm I definitely kill the resurrected civilian N2 no matter how they approached the thread. Absolutely no way I allow someone who's essentially town cleared by EVERYONE, to see another day. Maf needs a wide open PoE, leaving a town cleared player alive is a terrible play.
The only real way to accomplish placing doubt on mine or Mac's alignment would be to allow us to live.
Can't kill us both in the same night, however it did occur to me that there is a possibility Mac had an alignment switch. He's a highly regarded player here, so it is odd he didn't get MK'd, however there's nothing saying mafia don't have a role cop and got a hit on Porscha (if she is/was a special)

But I kinda get the feeling you might have an idea why. Why do you think Mac wasn't killed?
My previously-mentioned theory that Porcha was quite possibly the town reanimator.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:18 pm

My previously-mentioned theory that Porcha was quite possibly the town reanimator.
So both you and LP keep saying "town reanimator", like there's more than one reanimator. Yet early game when I asked the thread if anyone was familiar with this setup I got crickets.
So my assumption was the 3p is the reanimator, but I guess you're telling me I'm wrong, and I should've been voting Mac since his reanimation?
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:21 pm

So both you and LP keep saying "town reanimator", like there's more than one reanimator. Yet early game when I asked the thread if anyone was familiar with this setup I got crickets.
So my assumption was the 3p is the reanimator, but I guess you're telling me I'm wrong, and I should've been voting Mac since his reanimation?
No, I think its optimal to solve in the people who have not died or reanimated given that if there is an evil reanimator of some sort then they're among those who haven't been revived. Same goes for the wolves and 3p who have not flipped.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Really should only be voting the dead when we've caught every non-dead evil imo. If there's a night-kill after that then we'll know if the reanimated dead have become mafia or not.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:25 pm Really should only be voting the reanimated
Ebwop, I'm playing two games with resurrection or pseudeo-ressurection mechanics and it gets confusing sometimes.

Not mentioning more of the other game.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 209
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:08 pm Like I said I don't real care if I die or not. Hopefully it's obvious that Seanzie and Martin are just scum. They are trying their hardest to reach for some stupid ass reason that I'm a 3rd Party jus tbecause they want to remove a reanimator from the game.

I assume they just don't believe I only have 2 revives. And like I said with me getting attacked N2, I'm pretty sure they are 3rd who think I'm night immune.
Your claim sounds like 3p, but you could also be mafia and lying about your role.

Why is it obvious that we're scum? Because we suspect you? From your POV, if you're town, Flanders should be lock!town, but is also suspecting you, so why couldn't me and/or Martin be town?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:32 pm Yeah I don't know. I'm just going to go play minecraft for a day. I'm just frustrated we've lynched 4 town with supposedly 4 Town revives and not a single scum kill.
Who is saying there are 4 town revives?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:43 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:32 pm Yeah I don't know. I'm just going to go play minecraft for a day. I'm just frustrated we've lynched 4 town with supposedly 4 Town revives and not a single scum kill.
So I have two big problems with your claim:
1) stating no wincon in your DM
2) not breadcrumbing your role.

Maybe I'm just too used to breadcrumbs from home, but it is super important to leave a trail that won't be noticeable until you have to prove your role. That way if a wolf tries to CC, you can show your "work" (so to speak).
Eh... not everyone breadcrumbs. In fact, on the site I'm originally from, I'd see breadcrumbing come more often from scum trying to setup a fakeclaim than town breadcrumbing their real role. That being said, LP's D3 play around Mac makes little sense, in a gamestate where she should have been convinced he was scum, she didn't really mention anything about Mac.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:54 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:23 pm There is really no other way this game is solved and nobody cares.

Seanize is 100% the Indy Reanimating Cultist.

Mac and Rondo both were revived as Cultists.

Martin is basically announcing he is Mafia with this opportunistic half assed push.

Reviving Flanders was the biggest mistake of the game since he's done nothing but push Town since revival.

Creature and Cobalt are AFK with 1 of them guarenteed to be scum. Honestly if both are scum I'll have to reconsider the idea of just be afk all game to freelo victory.
you sound townie
Would town!LP revive Flanders over you? Also, in a town!LP world, at least one, if not both of you and Rondo are very likely scum, as i can't see a game with 4 town revives, and even 3 town revives seems like a lot, in particular two in one day with no scum revive until N3, so uhh...

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:23 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:21 pm

No, I think its optimal to solve in the people who have not died or reanimated given that if there is an evil reanimator of some sort then they're among those who haven't been revived. Same goes for the wolves and 3p who have not flipped.
This. The people who revived shouldn't be blindly trusted, but it makes little sense to elim them while we still have a small bucket with a large number of guaranteed scum in it. Once we find the original scum, if the game isn't over, we know that some of the revived people must be scum, and we can go from there.

Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Creature »

Are we gonna just leave the Cobalt slot?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Damn so many revives. Is alignment conversion a thing?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:32 pm Are we gonna just leave the Cobalt slot?
Considering that LP is outed, yes. At least for today. At some point though we might have to play 1984 mafia again though.

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:36 pm
Creature wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:32 pm Are we gonna just leave the Cobalt slot?
Considering that LP is outed, yes. At least for today. At some point though we might have to play 1984 mafia again though.
Wait LP is outed?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:37 pm
Wait LP is outed?
How much of the thread have you read? Do you have any thoughts on LP's claim?

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:38 pm
Creature wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:37 pm
Wait LP is outed?
How much of the thread have you read? Do you have any thoughts on LP's claim?
I just skimmed through it and trusted it due lack of counterclaims.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 41

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:28 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:23 pm There is really no other way this game is solved and nobody cares.

Martin is basically announcing he is Mafia with this opportunistic half assed push.

Reviving Flanders was the biggest mistake of the game since he's done nothing but push Town since revival.

Creature and Cobalt are AFK with 1 of them guarenteed to be scum. Honestly if both are scum I'll have to reconsider the idea of just be afk all game to freelo victory.
you sound townie
Would town!LP revive Flanders over you? Also, in a town!LP world, at least one, if not both of you and Rondo are very likely scum, as i can't see a game with 4 town revives, and even 3 town revives seems like a lot, in particular two in one day with no scum revive until N3, so uhh...
you really need to understand that I haven't been paying attention to this game at all

when I die in games I check out mentally and flush everything...

rez mechanics are like the worst thing ever for me
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:02 pm

you sound townie
you really need to understand that I haven't been paying attention to this game at all

Well, you've had two game days to catch back up, and it isn't like this has been the most active game. If you haven't noticed, we haven't been doing great, and between the single-post slot and in general most people not being very active, it's making it very hard to successfully scumhunt. So, unless you're scum who is happy with the current thread state, I'd appreciate you trying to get caught up and giving some actually educated thoughts on the current situation.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:02 pm

you sound townie

Well, you've had two game days to catch back up, and it isn't like this has been the most active game. If you haven't noticed, we haven't been doing great, and between the single-post slot and in general most people not being very active, it's making it very hard to successfully scumhunt. So, unless you're scum who is happy with the current thread state, I'd appreciate you trying to get caught up and giving some actually educated thoughts on the current situation.
i stopped reading here because I have been very busy with many things and everything subsequent to this clearly doesn't show empathy so i don't want to read it because it'll annoy me
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Quin »

Just a reminder that discussions about role PMs are not allowed as it creates opportunities for angleshooting. Let's leave all that at the door now as you continue the game. :nicenod:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:24 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:43 pm
So I have two big problems with your claim:
1) stating no wincon in your DM
2) not breadcrumbing your role.

Maybe I'm just too used to breadcrumbs from home, but it is super important to leave a trail that won't be noticeable until you have to prove your role. That way if a wolf tries to CC, you can show your "work" (so to speak).
Eh... not everyone breadcrumbs. In fact, on the site I'm originally from, I'd see breadcrumbing come more often from scum trying to setup a fakeclaim than town breadcrumbing their real role. That being said, LP's D3 play around Mac makes little sense, in a gamestate where she should have been convinced he was scum, she didn't really mention anything about Mac.
Ok. Breadcrumb shmeadbum. Whatever.

Good point on the way LP treated / ignored Mac until after the claim. Distancing perhaps?
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official

Quin wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:01 pm Just a reminder that discussions about role PMs are not allowed as it creates opportunities for angleshooting. Let's leave all that at the door now as you continue the game. :nicenod:
Yeah totally.
Way to go Linear Point, don't talk about your pretend DM.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I can't tell if that's referring to me because for all I know posts could've been deleted.

On the off chance that it is referring to me:

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine

I suppose I'll just find someone else to vote.

Like....

[VOTE: Cobalt] aubergine

Slot needs to go anyways
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:55 am But the Mafia don't appear to be working together at all since no players have really any connections. Which leads me to think my original theory of the indy being Town who self revives as Mafia being true.

In which case it would mean Mac is Mafia with Seanzie and probably Cobalt.

And that I think is my only real plausible read. Otherwise this game is weird and I clearly do not understand the setup.

Uh...

Seanzie? Why Sean?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:03 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:50 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:55 am But the Mafia don't appear to be working together at all since no players have really any connections. Which leads me to think my original theory of the indy being Town who self revives as Mafia being true.

And that I think is my only real plausible read. Otherwise this game is weird and I clearly do not understand the setup.
If you believe the 3p is someone who flips town and then revives to mafia, why would that mean it is Mac, rather than Flanders or Rondo?
Well Mac was very much not revived by Town which makes it hard to believe he is Town.

I suppose I don't really need to hide my role anymore, but I'm the one reviving Town and I'm out of revives so that's the end of that.

Furthermore my role being Civ Reanimator implies that there is probably a Mafia or Indy Reanimator which seeing Mac was revived yeah that is probably the case. The way people have been talking also seems like there is only the 2 reanimators in the game and no more which one being scum and one being town makes sense.

It's also hard to believe there is a second Civ reanimator considering the role gets a 1-shot pseudoBP., night kills are redirected to a player you revived instead. Obviously that's what happened to Doom N2.

I'm past the point of caring if I die or not, I just want it to be clear when I die and flip Town that the other reanimator is scum and that both Mac and Rondo are not to be trusted since they were revived by scum who probably changed their alignments.
I feel like I'm missing something since you have a wagon on you and you've also claimed this role.

Guess I'll keep cathing up.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:23 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:56 pm @MartinGG99 can I get some updated reads and thoughts on the game? In particular, I think it is still best to elim among the never-deads, so your thoughts there would be appreciated.
I kinda screwed heavily with my sleep, and last day phase ended 24 hours earlier than I expected it to.

So I haven't been here much for awhile, but I'm back now. I do recall seeing some sort of post yesterday that I felt was notable, but idk if it was Porscha or LP.

Also kinda wondering why we got votes on Marmot & Rondo and yet practically no one went to wagon other possibilities such as Cobalt or Creature (except Creature themselves). At a glance it makes me feel like scum want Marmot as a wagon to kill an original townie, for whatever reason.

I've seen people say they suspect Marmot because he's been nearly chopped twice now, but I don't think that's entirely reasonable. I do recall a mafia game run by ddl where he was nearly chopped the whole game, but I haven't looked at it yet to see if there are similarities or differences. Actually the quote in Marmot's signature is from that game if anyone wants to look at it before I do.

I am mischopped often. And it happens more often as town.

Because it isn't a mischop if you're mafia :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:39 pm Honestly I already suspected Seanzie was the one who attacked me night 2. They were suspiciously quick to start pushing me day 3.
Attacked?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Now that I've read LP's roleclaim, it's so specific it could be true I guess.

Still reading though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Has anyone checked Porscha's ISO for breadcrumbing?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Re: Reanimators [DAY 3]

Post by Marmot »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:55 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:54 pm
Porscha wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:53 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:43 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:42 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:40 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:05 am

This shows Porcha could be wolf. She is taking back her town read of me

This is a lazy read, why are you voting for me and not Porsche then?
That's easy. Because he's wolf

Vote Porscha

Porscha or Rondo?
pretty sure flanders is just trolling here too btw since he hard TR's me
Including his vote?
if he's voting me he's for sure trolling or actually just wolf but I don't think flanders would be that obvious b/c that's a blatant mistake

Actually, this post right here looks very much like Porscha reanimated Flanders. Calling Flanders' post a blatant mistake does look like a bread crumb.

Which would indicate Flanders is town, and LP isn't

[VOTE: LP] aubergine

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Meaning Mac is almost assuredly a wolf. Him calling her townie today with his only other content admitting that he knows nothing about this game is kinda hilarious

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:16 am Meaning Mac is almost assuredly a wolf. Him calling her townie today with his only other content admitting that he knows nothing about this game is kinda hilarious
Literally read one post and it sounded townie.
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 193
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:50 pm

If you believe the 3p is someone who flips town and then revives to mafia, why would that mean it is Mac, rather than Flanders or Rondo?
I agree I am likely to be 3P, everyone calls me it every game
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:22 pm Only that they had to be town obviously. And yes 2.
so who revived me? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? O U T E D
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:46 pm If what LP is saying is true, then we're likely in one of the following situations (town/mafia/3p): 4/4/1, 4/3/2, 4/2/3 with Mac and Rondo both some sort of scum. Hitting town in any of these situations (and in some cases hitting 3p even) is game over, so we're possibly in elo.

However, I have some reservations about LP's claim. It comes at a very convenient time where she was getting heat in the thread and definitely a contender for todays TK, and if we believe her, probably the best bet would be to elim one of Mac or Rondo, which if LP is lying and we hit town, we move to something possibly like 3/3/1 or 2/3/2 something similar, which isn't immediate game over due to multiball, but town loses majority. Furthermore, LP seems pretty convinced that she is the only town reviver, but if she thought that and was out of shots yesterday, I don't see why she wouldn't have immediately turned on Mac and claimed yesterday. Finally, I asked her a question that I think is really important just now, and she dipped, which... doesn't give me confidence.
look seanzie if you had to go for one of us I am happy to take the bullet if you really need the info but it better be worth it
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:17 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:56 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:46 pm Well really I just wanted to get the revives off to guarentee value. I decided between you and Falcon to choose you. Mac hadn't really participated until then so he wasn't considered.
So you didn't consider reviving one of the most respected players on this community that was killed N1? Like no offense to Flanders and Falcon, but this is a very weird choice to make. Plus, Mac wasn't like the most active D1, but he was contributing. Only after his revival has he not really participated much.
So I was right that you were the scum Reanimator who ressurected Mac.

Cool.
O U T E D
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:45 pm I think the only way LP is mafia here is if:

Porscha was the Civ Reanimator

Otherwise I don't see how would they explain the Doom kill. Doom had just helped got Flanders ML'ed, and so there's not a whole lot of incentive to kill DOOM there especially when there could be much more concerning players who are scum. Such as rondo, who was confirmed to be town at one point, or myself.

I see the point about reviving Mac, but I think the mafia killings (and the fact that no one is CC'ing LinearPoint) speaks louder to me.
A lovely Martin Defense of LP only solidifying my Martin + LP Worldview
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:50 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:39 pm Honestly I already suspected Seanzie was the one who attacked me night 2. They were suspiciously quick to start pushing me day 3.
I didn't push you D3?
I know I did
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:52 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:49 pm LPs description of their rolecard is questionable.
I'd like to hear those questions then.

And who supposedly would have been the reanimator which (apparently) is not CC'ing LP.

If LP were mafia here then I think its highly likely that the peseudoBP explanation they have is legitimately what happened when they tried attacking either a 3p reanimator or the civ reanimator (the latter being more likely imo). Especially when the DOOM kill still does not make much or any sense --- especially with players like Rondo being town.
another defense of LP without quoting the full thing as well. Q U E S T I O N A B L E
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:53 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:52 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:49 pm LPs description of their rolecard is questionable.
That's because it was.
wat

you know the most common connotation of "questionable" is negative right?
A+ Distancing here
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:59 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:45 pm I think the only way LP is mafia here is if:

Otherwise I don't see how would they explain the Doom kill. Doom had just helped got Flanders ML'ed, and so there's not a whole lot of incentive to kill DOOM there especially when there could be much more concerning players who are scum. Such as rondo, who was confirmed to be town at one point, or myself.

I see the point about reviving Mac, but I think the mafia killings (and the fact that no one is CC'ing LinearPoint) speaks louder to me.
How does Porscha being reanimator explain the DoOm kill? I assumed DoOm was killed to keep the collection of live players (the basket that contains two mafia and a 3p) as large as possible for as long as possible, granted that doesn't fit perfectly with the Porscha kill, but that could be explained if one/both of Flanders and Mac are evil, in particular Mac (as a Flanders kill would more-or-less put a huge spotlight on Mac)

LP not being CC'd is giving me some pause, but Porscha or even possibly Rondo could have been reanimator (Rondo not CC'ing either because he hasn't been around or because his alignment changed), or people could be reanimated via some other method rather than from direct ability use, so idk how much stock to put into this. LP's play with regards to her claimed role though doesn't make sense to me.
If I was Reanimator is it mechanically common I could reanimate myself if I died that night? Thats cool [dumbtell]
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:02 pm

How does Porscha being reanimator explain the DoOm kill? I assumed DoOm was killed to keep the collection of live players (the basket that contains two mafia and a 3p) as large as possible for as long as possible, granted that doesn't fit perfectly with the Porscha kill, but that could be explained if one/both of Flanders and Mac are evil, in particular Mac (as a Flanders kill would more-or-less put a huge spotlight on Mac)

LP not being CC'd is giving me some pause, but Porscha or even possibly Rondo could have been reanimator (Rondo not CC'ing either because he hasn't been around or because his alignment changed), or people could be reanimated via some other method rather than from direct ability use, so idk how much stock to put into this. LP's play with regards to her claimed role though doesn't make sense to me.
Step 1:

Attack Porscha, get redirected to DOOM

Step 2:

Attack Porscha again because they're obviously some sort of PR and could easily explain the DOOM kill
Obviously? Hmmm I didnt see it as obvious. Maybe she could have been soft claiming it to bait the kill. BUT (And here me out here) maybe someone had a cop check on Porcha after her good day 2 pressure and then offed her because it was prudent to get rid of a power role?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:11 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:09 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:02 pm

Step 1:

Attack Porscha, get redirected to DOOM

Step 2:

Attack Porscha again because they're obviously some sort of PR and could easily explain the DOOM kill
That's only assuming that LP is telling the truth about the redirect thing, but that only happens in a world where Porscha isn't the reanimator. I find it kind of unlikely that someone who has the ability to more-or-less increase town's numbers by two, and give hard clears on those two, would also have built in protection (even though redirection/BG is less powerful than say BP vest). The whole thing reeks more like 3p tbh.
Yeah this a good point.

Feel like LP is mafia trying to flush out the reanimator 3p, or just the 3p who's wincon is last person standing, SK style.
well it worked! I Am the REANIMATOR! MUAHAHAHA
for legal reasons this is memology 101
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:14 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:04 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:52 pm
I'd like to hear those questions then.

And who supposedly would have been the reanimator which (apparently) is not CC'ing LP.

If LP were mafia here then I think its highly likely that the peseudoBP explanation they have is legitimately what happened when they tried attacking either a 3p reanimator or the civ reanimator (the latter being more likely imo). Especially when the DOOM kill still does not make much or any sense --- especially with players like Rondo being town.
I'm civilian, my wincon is eliminate all threats to town.
I find it extremely hard to believe a Town aligned power role would not be given a wincon in their dm.

I also find it hard to believe LP would know if they were shot at and the attempted hit was redirected.

The Mafia choice for MK on Doom is more likely to do with the thread state accepting her as town, and no conversation of potential alignment switching occurred until after the double rez of Mac and myself.

Imo it's more likely LP is mafia or 3p than town.
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:15 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:13 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:07 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:04 pm
I think these sorts of lines of inquiry might be against the rules, as specific details of a rolecard I think usually counts as angleshooting, and angleshooting is not allowed. I'm not modding this game, but I'd recommend not pursuing this (or possibly ask our host if this sort of thing is allowed before continuing) because minimally this is on the borderline of what it allowed, if not over it.
Then LP shouldn't have brought a sketchy description of a likely bunk rolecard into play.

I'm not asking, I'm saying WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT THEIR ROLECARD IS SKETCH.

But if that crosses the line, I'll take the GK and feel shame.
Sure, and that's fair. I don't think you did anything wrong, just wanted to mention it before it became a huge topic of discussion in case I'm right and it is against the rules.
smh seanzie we're supposed to be scum hunting not good-for-nothing hunting

jk lol

I'm not sure they claimed to know it. They said it was obvious after having explained that they thought there was no 2nd reanimator and had a 1-shot pseudoBP vest.

Personally, if I were them, I would've heavily suspected it because I don't think anyone kills DOOM there, and so in the case that LP is town then this conclusion is not odd at all.

As for the wincon thing.....now that you mention it, I guess you're right about that. I hadn't even realized TBH. Seems like suicide to not mention a wincon though....
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:17 pm [VOTE: LP] aubergine

On the point that they mentioned no clarity on the wincon.

Everything else seemed mostly fine to me imo, so maybe they're 3p.
Classic Distancing onto a forgone conclusion wagon of a wolf here Martin. Amazing mental gymnastics to get on side with town and slide into our pockets.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:21 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:08 pm Like I said I don't real care if I die or not. Hopefully it's obvious that Seanzie and Martin are just scum. They are trying their hardest to reach for some stupid ass reason that I'm a 3rd Party jus tbecause they want to remove a reanimator from the game.

I assume they just don't believe I only have 2 revives. And like I said with me getting attacked N2, I'm pretty sure they are 3rd who think I'm night immune.
I'm ok to vote Marty.

Wanna vote Marty?
I could switch but why? LP is good to go
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Wait he is? I am? Shit... Seanzie. What do I do? Who do I vote? Time to sheep Seanzie in everything.
Seriously This is what I am doing for the rest of the game. For legal reasons this is not a joke (unless Seanzie dies)
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”