JaggedJimmyJay's High School Crushes Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Good mountainous variant?

Yes, it felt fair, and I enjoyed it.
38%
Decent mechanic for balance, but not super fun.
15%
Bad mechanic for balance, but otherwise fun.
No votes
No, it felt unfair, and I didn't enjoy it.
No votes
I like turtles.
46%

Total votes: 13
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

JaggedJimmyJay's High School Crushes Mafia [END]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay's High School Crushes Mafia
A terrible theme for everyone to enjoy making fun of the moronic host and his miserable teenage experiences

Game Staff:

@JaggedJimmyJay - Host - posts
@Quin - Moderator on Duty - posts
@Marmot - Moderator on Duty - posts

Players:

@Dolby - posts - Survived - Town
@DrWilgy - posts - Survived - Town
@EnderWiggin - posts - Survived - Town
@hollowkatt - posts - Survived - Town
@Porscha - posts - Survived - Town
@RondoDimBuckle - posts - Survived - Town

Eliminated:

@Moonwink - posts - Eliminated on Day 1 - Mafia
@Dyslexicon - posts - Eliminated on Day 1 - Town
@MacDougall - posts - Killed on Night 1 - Town
@falcon45ca - posts - Eliminated on Day 2 - Mafia

Setup:

Days are 48 hours long. Nights are 24 hours long.

The game is mountainous. There are 8 members of the town faction and 2 members of the mafia faction. Everything is ordinary with respect to day eliminations and night kills, with the exception of a single wrinkle meant to provide pro-town balance and eliminate the necessity of a standard 8 vs. 2 "no elimination" (sleep) vote:

On Day 1 and only on Day 1, two players will be eliminated by vote instead of just one. On Day 1, every player may cast up to two votes to determine who the two players eliminated are. See below for details on ties.

After Day 1, the game proceeds as normal. One night kill per night phase, and one day elimination by vote per day phase.

Remember that the premier rules in any Syndicate Mafia game come straight from the site rules. Review those rules below, and direct any concerns you may have to the host or moderator(s) on duty.

[Link] Rules and Guidelines on The Syndicate

Also always be mindful of the culture of respect that must be maintained in all Syndicate spaces at all times, to include this game thread and any external communication spaces relating to the game. Players must be respectful to one another, to the game host, to the members of the staff overseeing the game, to the game itself by way of its rules and spirit, to the Syndicate community in general, and ideally also to themselves. Respect is never optional. See our full manifesto on our culture of respect below.

[Link] A Syndicate Mafia Culture of Respect

Game rules and guidelines

Spoiler: show
Voting and Claiming Rules

1.) Claim whatever you want if anything. This game has no roles.
2.) Votes in the poll are official, and I will only consider the poll votes when I resolve a day phase. It is still obligatory to call votes in the game thread, as the poll does not track voting order. Call your votes to make it possible to discern timing and order. This is not optional. Please call votes with the [ vote ][ /vote ] tags (no spaces).
3.) Votes are changeable with no limitations.
4.) Voting is not obligatory. There is no requirement to vote in any phase whatsoever. There are participation standards though, which I'll cover separately.
5.) The player who has received the most votes at the deadline shall be chopped. If a majority vote is reached (next integer above 50% the number of living players), the day phase will end immediately. There will be no majority vote in effect on Day 1.
6.) In the event of a tied vote, the chopped player shall be decided among the tied names at random. This includes Day 1 in which two players are chopped. If the second-highest vote total is tied on Day 1, then that tie will be randomized. If the highest vote total is tied, then both players will be eliminated (or two of the people in the tie if it's more than two-way).
7.) A "no elimination" option will be included each day phase. This option must lead the tally with no ties to be enacted at any time.

Participation Standard

There is no rigid standard for participation; this will be at the host's discretion. All players are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute to the game thread consistently enough that their content can be fairly judged. Non-participation has an adverse effect upon the balance of the game. If I decide a player is not participating enough to facilitate this balance, that player will be replaced. If a replacement cannot be found, there might be a modkill. With this in mind I reiterate: it's very important that everyone try to participate. At least a few posts per day/night cycle are a bare minimum.

Other

1.) Respect all guidelines and rules found in The Syndicate's announcements section. Above all else, treat your fellow players with respect -- this is just a game.
2.) BTSC (behind the scenes chatter) is only permitted in host-designated locations.
3.) No editing or deleting of posts in the game thread.
4.) Just don't make posts when you're dead unless you have been given express permission by the host.
5.) Non-players may not post in the game thread.
6.) Living players wishing to discuss something off-topic may choose to do so in {Off-Topic} Green. There's an "OT" button for this in the post editor. This is not required.
7.) This is the Host Color. I don't actually care if you use it, just don't impersonate me. I might use a stupid font.
8.) If you ever have any questions about the rules, roles, or setup, please ask me privately.

Angleshooting and loopholes

Don't.

We all know what the spirit of Mafia is about. So don't. If you ever think something might be cutting it close, just ask me before doing it/saying it. Thanks gang.

Sample town role card:
You're town.

The game begins at 7:00 PM EDT tomorrow (Tuesday) the 12th of July. You may access the game thread here (click).

Polls

Day 1

Day 2

Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: JaggedJimmyJay's High School Crushes Mafia [pre-game]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The game will begin tomorrow, on Tuesday the 12th of July, at 7:00 PM EDT. There will be no Day 0. We will begin immediately with Day 1. On Day 1, two players will be eliminated instead of just one. Every player will be able to cast up to two votes instead of just one. The two players with the most votes will be eliminated. In the event of a two-way tie at the highest number of votes, both players will be eliminated. In the event of a more-than-two-way tie at the highest number of votes, two players will be selected at random from the tied set to be eliminated. In the event of a tie at the second-highest number of votes, the second player eliminated will be randomized from that set.

During all day phases after Day 1, only one player will be eliminated, and all ties will be randomized.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Quin and @Marmot will serve as our Moderators on Duty in this game. They’re top blokes; they’re good eggs; you should contact them if you’re having a bad time.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The home phone rings.

I pay it no mind. I'm playing Baldur's Gate 2. I'm conquering foes that Jackofhearts2005 will only rage about over 20 years later.

"Jay? The phone is for you."

Oh. Probably Joe looking to close out the summer before we start 9th grade with some Magic the Gathering or something.

"Hello?"

*muffled laughter* "Uh. HI. Uh. Jay? Uh. This is CANDICE. You know. CANDICE from SCHOOL. Right?"

Girls do not call me. What?

"I think so? Hi. What's up?"

"Well. Uh." *another person cackles in the background* "Well I just have a MESSAGE for you. You know LYNZEE? LYNZEE from SCHOOL? Well she has a huge CRUSH on you." *cackling intensifies* "On the first day of school, you should TOTALLY ask her out." *the sounds of laughter explode through the phone just as it clicks off*

Thankfully, I know when I am being treated like a moron. I immediately discard any notion of listening to those instructions. High school is going to be absolute shit, isn't it?

Day 1 begins now. You have 48 hours to eliminate two players.

@Dolby
@DrWilgy
@Dyslexicon
@EnderWiggin
@falcon45ca
@hollowkatt
@MacDougall
@Moonwink
@Porscha
@RondoDimBuckle

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Re: JaggedJimmyJay's High School Crushes Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Dolby »

Ender is the entire wolf team and has to be today's yeet

now that that's out of the way he cannot call me out for pocketing him when i pocket him later
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

ordered reads list

Dolby
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
EnderWiggin
falcon45ca
hollowkatt
MacDougall
Moonwink
Porscha
RondoDimBuckle
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 186

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hello, friends.
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73
It’s my birthday

Post by hollowkatt »

first
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer
It’s my birthday

Post by hollowkatt »

also tag yourself I'm JJJ eternal HS striker outer
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

ive got nothing, see you in my fourth post
Moonwink
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself
Aka: Hyena

Post by Moonwink »

Hiiiiiiiiiiii
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

The tea leaves told me that the mafia are between Mac, Ender, and Dizzy.

I'll ask the Moon what it thinks later tonight.

[VOTE: Mac] aubergine
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Moonwink wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:16 pm The tea leaves told me that the mafia are between Mac, Ender, and Dizzy.

Mac isn't wolf, so I guess it's me and Ender.

Sounds like a town loss tbh
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:18 pm
Moonwink wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:16 pm The tea leaves told me that the mafia are between Mac, Ender, and Dizzy.

it's not you either, Ender is the entire wolf team
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

You made me use my 4th post smh
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I do like this double chop though. I've always liked that mechanic.

I vote we try to end the game on D1 and just win.
For the memes.
For the glory.
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

It's okay if he isn't. We've got enough yeets. I'll consult my sources again though if we don't hit both in these three. <3
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dolby wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:19 pm

I don't believe you. You're trying to cover for me.
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

I'm sticking to Mac for the memes.
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:21 pm

I don't believe you. You're trying to cover for me.
this is a read that ive maintained since the very first post in the game, its very real
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:20 pm I do like this double chop though. I've always liked that mechanic.

For the memes.
For the glory.
This is the first time I've played a game with it. My first thought was that it could be treated almost like a parity cop check, but I feel like just saying that out loud would discourage people from getting into conflicts and arguments. :<
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dolby wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:22 pmthis is a read that ive maintained since the very first post in the game, its very real
Fine.

Well, the full team is Ender/Moon for post cred (at least 13 % serious), but we're not there yet.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Moonwink wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:23 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:20 pm I do like this double chop though. I've always liked that mechanic.

For the memes.
For the glory.
This is the first time I've played a game with it. My first thought was that it could be treated almost like a parity cop check, but I feel like just saying that out loud would discourage people from getting into conflicts and arguments. :<
Fite me

Have we played before btw?
Sorry if I forgot
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

we yeet the scummiest and second scummiest people in the thread

simple as
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dolby wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:24 pm we yeet the scummiest and second scummiest people in the thread

simple as
So Ender and Ender then
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:24 pm
Moonwink wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:23 pm

For the memes.
For the glory.
Fite me

Have we played before btw?
Sorry if I forgot
Yes, but I was Hyena at the time. It was the big game where Alison won as 3P in the end.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Moonwink wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:25 pmYes, but I was Hyena at the time. It was the big game where Alison won as 3P in the end.
NO GOD NO NO NOT THAT GAME

But also hi

I think you tunnelled me for a lot of the end game. And I told everyone to chop Alison I TOLD YOU ALL I LITERALLY SAID JUST CHOP ALISON EVERYONE ELSE IS CLEARLY TOWN

But no.

Town would rather give away their win.

Very cool.

Ok. Hi!
hollowkatt
Racketeer
It’s my birthday

Post by hollowkatt »

[VOTE: dolby] aubergine

[VOTE: ender] aubergine

I will not be explaining these
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:27 pm I TOLD YOU ALL I LITERALLY SAID JUST CHOP ALISON EVERYONE ELSE IS CLEARLY TOWN
That was the one time my penchant for town reading literally the whole game ACTUALLY WOULD BE USEFUL lol
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:27 pm [VOTE: dolby] aubergine

how many wolves do you expect to have here?

Asking to know if I'm doing a good job distancing from my wolf partner
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

This game contains two people who read me very well btw

So gl gl wolves

Better buddy me and kill me N1

Wait. There won't be a N1, I forgot
hollowkatt
Racketeer
It’s my birthday

Post by hollowkatt »

Dolby wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:28 pm

I said I will not be explaining
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:28 pm This game contains two people who read me very well btw

So gl gl wolves

Ender and Ender clearly

that why you want him voted out
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:29 pm

Will you explain why you will not be explaining? :ponder:
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:27 pm
Moonwink wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:25 pmYes, but I was Hyena at the time. It was the big game where Alison won as 3P in the end.
NO GOD NO NO NOT THAT GAME

But also hi

I think you tunnelled me for a lot of the end game. And I told everyone to chop Alison I TOLD YOU ALL I LITERALLY SAID JUST CHOP ALISON EVERYONE ELSE IS CLEARLY TOWN

But no.

Town would rather give away their win.

Very cool.

Ok. Hi!
Yeeeeep, that was me. u.u Sorry again for tunneling you so hard. I think even Michelle tried at one point to change my mind and talk me into chopping Alison with you. XD

But yeah, hi!
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dolby wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:29 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:28 pm This game contains two people who read me very well btw

So gl gl wolves

Ender and Ender clearly

that why you want him voted out
Yeah, he's my partner and he might reveal me, so better to get him out early tbh

Dolby trying to distance from my partner by claiming it's his partner smh, it's almost wolfy
hollowkatt
Racketeer
It’s my birthday

Post by hollowkatt »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:30 pm

also no
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Moonwink wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:30 pmYeeeeep, that was me. u.u Sorry again for tunneling you so hard. I think even Michelle tried at one point to change my mind and talk me into chopping Alison with you. XD

But yeah, hi!
Lol it's totally fine. We all tunnel and get it wrong sometimes.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:31 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:30 pm

also no
Will you explain why you won't be explaining why you will not be explaining?
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

So gl gl wolves

i almost called this a derp but then realized that dizzy was saying we'd get both wolves d1
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dolby wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:33 pm

So gl gl wolves

i almost called this a derp but then realized that dizzy was saying we'd get both wolves d1
Yeah, I'm clearly trying to vote both wolves here, pay attention

Not sure how it would be a derp though, but werk
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

[VOTE: Hollowkatt] aubergine
[VOTE: Dyslexicon] aubergine

for being Ender's partners
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dolby wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:34 pm [VOTE: Hollowkatt] aubergine
[VOTE: Dyslexicon] aubergine

for being Ender's partners
No that's just me
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:34 pm

So gl gl wolves

so i thought that you thought that the d1 second yeet was replacing the n1 kill for a hot second
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 11

Post by falcon45ca »

I am town!

Look upon my works, ye mighty and yadda yadda yadda
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dolby wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:35 pm

So gl gl wolves

so i thought that you thought that the d1 second yeet was replacing the n1 kill for a hot second
That's a strange assumption

Am I spewed town now?
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:36 pm

So gl gl wolves

Am I spewed town now?
no
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

So gl gl wolves

Am I spewed town now?
no
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

So gl gl wolves

Am I spewed town now?
no, lol

you're ender's partner
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I think the scum team is all of the Dolby's that replied to me. At leas the first two

Return to “Previous Hustles”