Total votes: 7
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 296
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Kid's Birthday Party Mafia Day 5

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:03 pm I think the way I see this game is simply this:
Jay hasn't done anything that would imply he's not playing a wolf win con.

Sabie's efforts on Esooa, didn't satisfy a wolf wincon. W Sabi I don't think cases and foils a towny that hard.

So [VOTE: Jay] aubergine.

Advise me as to why I'm wrong before we lose the game here.
How does casing and chopping town (Esooa) not satisfy the mafia win condition?

It doesn’t have to make Sabi mafia, but I don’t see how you discard the possibility.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 224

Post by DrWilgy »

So answer me this, if I'm wolf, what incentive did I have to move back? Falcon was still on you right?

Feels like that not trying for that yeet would've been a massive misplay in the context of me being wolf as you had already said the PoE was Nook and I.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It is kind of hard to believe that was a reaction test at what would have been 2:30am for you.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:05 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:03 pm I think the way I see this game is simply this:
Jay hasn't done anything that would imply he's not playing a wolf win con.

Sabie's efforts on Esooa, didn't satisfy a wolf wincon. W Sabi I don't think cases and foils a towny that hard.

So [VOTE: Jay] aubergine.

Advise me as to why I'm wrong before we lose the game here.
How does casing and chopping town (Esooa) not satisfy the mafia win condition?

It doesn’t have to make Sabi mafia, but I don’t see how you discard the possibility.
I don't think it satisfied wolf wincon in the moment. I.e. a wolf's timing on that push is awkward.

If Sabi was wolf, the Esooa push would've happened after nook yeet.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:05 pm So answer me this, if I'm wolf, what incentive did I have to move back? Falcon was still on you right?

Feels like that not trying for that yeet would've been a massive misplay in the context of me being wolf as you had already said the PoE was Nook and I.
If you’re mafia then the play didn’t work. My roommate’s dog was literally keeping me awake, so I hopped in and happened to see it. Then I broadcast exactly what the motive would be. Moving back is, in that world, an abort mission.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:06 pm It is kind of hard to believe that was a reaction test at what would have been 2:30am for you.
Depends on if you think I put thought into the reaction test. If I didn't get a response, I'd have either 1. Accidentally fallen asleep or 2. Changed it back after digesting nook thoughts.

The other half of me doing that was to see how I felt about it. Visualization and such.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:08 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:05 pm So answer me this, if I'm wolf, what incentive did I have to move back? Falcon was still on you right?

If you’re mafia then the play didn’t work. My roommate’s dog was literally keeping me awake, so I hopped in and happened to see it. Then I broadcast exactly what the motive would be. Moving back is, in that world, an abort mission.
Your vote was already on the counter wagon. It would've been up to Falcon and Nook to be up and to shift. Why would've I aborted for YOU specifically?

I'd understand this argument if it was Falcon saying 'nah' but that didn't happen.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:07 pm I don't think it satisfied wolf wincon in the moment. I.e. a wolf's timing on that push is awkward.

That seems like a very generous interpretation. They’re both town. Chopping them in any order is great, especially if Esooa (a player who is often aggressive) can be silenced first.

These are snap reads that can make some sense earlier in the game, but now is final 3. It feels like you’re trying to justify a read (Sabi town) instead of truly explore it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:11 pm

Your vote was already on the counter wagon. It would've been up to Falcon and Nook to be up and to shift. Why would've I aborted for YOU specifically?

I'd understand this argument if it was Falcon saying 'nah' but that didn't happen.
The point is that, if you’re mafia, that wasn’t a reaction test and you probably didn’t expect me to show up and say anything about it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:12 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:07 pm I don't think it satisfied wolf wincon in the moment. I.e. a wolf's timing on that push is awkward.

That seems like a very generous interpretation. They’re both town. Chopping them in any order is great, especially if Esooa (a player who is often aggressive) can be silenced first.

These are snap reads that can make some sense earlier in the game, but now is final 3. It feels like you’re trying to justify a read (Sabi town) instead of truly explore it.
Why do you imply these are snap reads? I've had Sabi as town most of the game. Just however this comes to mind when comparing who's trying to wolf wincon.

Also you disparage the read as snap, but technically we are currently with the most information possible. Shouldn't now the peices of the puzzle be coming together?
Image Image Image
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 333
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

I'm just gay and town.

Don't mind me.

Watching you two cross.

I'm not chilly.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:14 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:11 pm

The point is that, if you’re mafia, that wasn’t a reaction test and you probably didn’t expect me to show up and say anything about it.
Alright, and again, why would I move back if I'm wolf? You fail to acknowledge that my best shot for wining would've been right there if I was wolf and I chose to toss it away.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:15 pm

Why do you imply these are snap reads? I've had Sabi as town most of the game. Just however this comes to mind when comparing who's trying to wolf wincon.

Also you disparage the read as snap, but technically we are currently with the most information possible. Shouldn't now the peices of the puzzle be coming together?
That’s precisely what I mean. Sabi has been a town read for most people all game long. And yet they’re right here with us. That demands some kind of exploration, and to default right to “town read” again without doing that is similar to making a “snap read” (not exactly like something on Day 1, but the spiritual equivalent in this game state). I have thought Sabi is town this game too, but there has to be some inkling of doubt. I don’t know how you can so easily make that judgment right now, and the rationale is questionable.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:17 pm Alright, and again, why would I move back if I'm wolf? You fail to acknowledge that my best shot for wining would've been right there if I was wolf and I chose to toss it away.
I’m saying that if you’re mafia, you don’t intend to move back. But then I show up out of the blue, make a stink, and scare you back to the Nanook wagon. If I am dead and everyone sees my town flip, my words carry weight in final 3. It was unexpected that I’d even have the chance to leave that legacy that late at night. It breaks the strategy, or at least it can.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Kid's Birthday Party Mafia Day 4

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:29 amoki
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:30 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:28 am My top town read is Sabi. falcon follows. Wilgy’s mafia prospects increase if he kills me here and walks into final 3 with Nanook. The two of them would need to be thoroughly examined and made to answer for themselves. No matter who is there though, give due scrutiny. I don’t want to see “I’d rather lose to X than Y” or any such thing. Play to win, no matter who.
Calm down. Explain this one.
I mean, you do this “reaction test”, I show up an give a reaction that was inherently unlikely to even happen, and this is all you did with it.

“oki”

What is the point of this test? What are you looking for?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sabiplz wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:15 pm I'm just gay and town.

Don't mind me.

Watching you two cross.

I'm not chilly.
I still want to know your thoughts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:48 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:15 pm I'm just gay and town.

Don't mind me.

Watching you two cross.

I'm not chilly.
I still want to know your thoughts.
I have taken an edible due to preflight anxiety. No thots right now. Ask tomorrow.

I just want to see you both dome and will iso tomorrow on the flight.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alright, we still have time

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:20 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:15 pm

That’s precisely what I mean. Sabi has been a town read for most people all game long. And yet they’re right here with us. That demands some kind of exploration, and to default right to “town read” again without doing that is similar to making a “snap read” (not exactly like something on Day 1, but the spiritual equivalent in this game state). I have thought Sabi is town this game too, but there has to be some inkling of doubt. I don’t know how you can so easily make that judgment right now, and the rationale is questionable.
But it's not a snap read. We are down to you two? I have you and Sabi to compare to and right now I think the best thing to hunt by is who is executing for a strictly mafia based win condition? Who's manipulated and who's pushed?

I don't think W Sabi leaves you alive in addition to the Esooa push.

I do think you leave Sabi alive who has had the firm 'he's not so towny' stance, and you haven't had any play that indicates that you aren't shooting for the wolf win this cycle.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:23 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:17 pm Alright, and again, why would I move back if I'm wolf? You fail to acknowledge that my best shot for wining would've been right there if I was wolf and I chose to toss it away.
I’m saying that if you’re mafia, you don’t intend to move back. But then I show up out of the blue, make a stink, and scare you back to the Nanook wagon. If I am dead and everyone sees my town flip, my words carry weight in final 3. It was unexpected that I’d even have the chance to leave that legacy that late at night. It breaks the strategy, or at least it can.
Then I have a 1v1 with Nook and let Sabi pick between us. Sweet.

Why would I EVER keep you alive. What would I have to be afraid of? Nook would still be alive.

And maybe I'm wrong, sabi's the wolf and you are presenting a completely practical read of me that's just incorrect. I'm like 75% though on that not being the case.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Actually, I think I may have been one of the last people to give Sabi a hint of 'you might be w' and that happened when like Esooa was alive?

Yeah, Sabi aint it. If Sabi was wolf I don't know if Falcon dies before me.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don’t think your reasons to town read Sabi make sense.

“They pushed a town chop” doesn’t make sense. Not at this point.

“They wouldn’t keep Jay alive” when I’ve town read them all game long doesn’t make sense.

The entire notion of “who is shooting for a mafia wincon” strikes me as vague and meaningless right now. Just discarding that possibility for Sabi in this phase is a problematic mindset.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:05 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:23 pm
Then I have a 1v1 with Nook and let Sabi pick between us. Sweet.

Why would I EVER keep you alive. What would I have to be afraid of? Nook would still be alive.

And maybe I'm wrong, sabi's the wolf and you are presenting a completely practical read of me that's just incorrect. I'm like 75% though on that not being the case.
Once I intervene that all breaks down. You continue to gloss over that.

Now that I am here I am a paranoia magnet merely for having the username that I have. I am not particularly surprised to be here regardless of which of you is mafia.

If you can see my read as practical then why are you presenting it as though it’s nonsense and/or the stuff of mafia agenda?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:07 am Actually, I think I may have been one of the last people to give Sabi a hint of 'you might be w' and that happened when like Esooa was alive?

Yeah, Sabi aint it. If Sabi was wolf I don't know if Falcon dies before me.
Falcon voiced some suspicion of Sabi last phase. Falcon was understandably paranoid and had some suspicion of everyone, including you and I.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

“JJJ gets dragged into final 3 as town as a paranoia distraction and eats the game losing mischop” has happened to me before.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I need to sleep.

Wilgy, in the event that you are town, then I strongly encourage you to review this game more thoroughly — all of it. I’m not it. As it happens, I have never been to any final 3 as mafia in my career except for 1 in my literal first game and 1 in a sockpuppet when I could pretend I’m not me. It’s just not how I play that alignment.

Sabi, I look forward to hearing from you when you have the opportunity. There is a lot to process, and we need to do so as much as possible. I understand you’re traveling so do your best.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I will say if I was wolf, I would have not pushed to day kill Nook since he tr me.

Just saying.

I guess it's still wifom.

Idk.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Town casing myself

Me on Sparkles

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:47 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:46 pm I’m gonna give Alison and Falcon town leans and call it a day on this opening
Why?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:57 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:54 pm Have you ever changed your avi before? I feel like it’s always the same aesthetic with u and that makes me a sad panda. 🐼 😢

I skipped and read the latest page and deduced both of my reads on you on posts I’ve seen from this page aka recent developments.

So like I felt like u saying “u bamboozled her” as mafia before and simultaneously calling her town was a good look and not something I’d see mafia doing, I like your tone and responses towards her and they felt towny in nature.

Alison’s being super aggressive and yea ok could be a wolf in power, but this early in the phase and this vocal more often than not comes from a towny imo
What experience do you have playing with falcon and Alison?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:18 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:08 pm A SK doesn’t have TMI, lol are u serious rn.
not thrilled with the material following the comma
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:21 pm Basic sort:

[town read]
DrWilgy
Sabiplz
Marmot

[town lean]
Alison
falconf5ca

---POE---

Esooa
outed wolf
Nanook
lucy
MissSparkles
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:22 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:20 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:08 pm A SK doesn’t have TMI, lol are u serious rn.
Why? It’s kinda weird to think as SK you’d play the same as a mafisoso who knows who’s mafia
I don't think your base reasoning is wrong. A serial killer is uninformed and mafia are informed. Sure, okay. "lol are u serious rn" implies a degree of total absurdity though, as if it's ridiculous to wonder why SK meta is being used for a town read.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:24 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:42 pm When is a manipulative Sparkles just and only a scum Sparkles, when youre good at the manipulation game dont you think id use it as both alignments, have you never seen me manipulate as town before really, its my claim to fame.

Votine me over Alison for this in your POV doesnèt feel very kosher, maybe im onto something.

[VOTE: Marmy] aubergine
To ensure I understand: does this imply that Marmot's assertion that you were being manipulative was accurate? Alignment aside.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:28 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:22 pm Can ya give me a couple quick points on Nook, Sparkles & lucy?
Sure. The POE group is largely comprised of folks for whom I don't have some degree of town read. My most concrete suspicion would be on Sparkles, whose posts strike me as inauthentic at points. Nanook's reads are weird. lucy has started this game less engaged than I recall seeing in the previous mountainous game or Halvosen Ridge.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:51 pm Not gonna be here much for the time being. Dissertation is priority.

[VOTE: Sparkles] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:53 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:21 pm I really want to yeet Lucy in spite of it being suboptimal just because my W lean is growing.

I think optimal yeets are OW or Sparkles as it stands.

And I say optimal in the fact that Sabi seems to be shielding Lucy rather hard. Can Sabi/Lucy be W/W? Yes, DO I think W in Sabi, not really? Is Sabi likely just correct on the Lucy thing? Sabi likely knows better than I.
I’m not especially interested in chopping outed wolf. Otherwise I think your rationale is appropriate.

I think Sparkles is the best chop on the board at the moment.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:01 pm @DrWilgy, re: outed wolf

Less importantly: one of his motivations to sign up was never having played with me before. Having that motivation and then 6-posting as mafia would be unexpectedly feeble. That’s a small point.

More importantly: he’s voting where I’m voting, and in a limited post history that puts him ahead of Sparkles. I have no immediate cause to question perspective or motive.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:16 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:15 pm I’d say Falcon still the only one I’m town leaning on my wagon, the rest are degrees of null/meh/cappuccino and maybe wolf
Please tell us all about it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:52 pm More or less. I thought Sparkles dismissing the Alison/falcon kerfuffle as town/town was questionable, and her handling of pressure since that point has left me wanting.

Keep doing your thing, Sparkles. I will listen.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:41 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:43 pm [VOTE: Alison] aubergine

Gonna follow my strongest townread. Im gonna iso Alison next i think.
Please do. :nicenod:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:11 pm
outed wolf wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:58 pm Where's your head at, Jay?
For the moment I remain at this for a POE-of-five solve, in no particular order:

outed wolf
Esooa
lucy
Nanook
Sparkles

I am not moved from a Sparkles vote to this point, and would call her my truest suspicion. The rest are in a more blasé horde without significant town indicators. The names outside this group have done something concrete that I can point to and say "that seems town". If there's one name not included in this set of five for whom I have the least confidence, it'd probably be falcon.

I think there are a few themes here that should help to show that I am not teamed with MissSparkles. Foremost, I was suspicious of her and played a key role in removing her from the game. Indeed, when I switched my vote from lucy to Sparkles, that moved lucy out of a poll lead and Sparkles into a poll lead. It's fine to wonder about bussing, as it can come in many shapes and sizes, but we also need to consider basic necessity. lucy was imminently choppable on Day 1, and I had lucy in my POE. I could have easily left my vote there and pushed a lucy chop instead of Sparkles, and I did not. I made the choice that I felt more comfortable with.

Now, just beyond that, consider the language of these posts. I was suspicious of Sparkles, but I wasn't sure. I addressed her directly a number of times to try to better understand the things she was saying, about the Alison/falcon kerfuffle, about Marmot, and generally just about her view of the game. I felt her commentary appeared inauthentic, and I turned out to be right. It wasn't a super confident matter though. I am a player who, as mafia, does not like to waffle or take middling stances. I rarely bother with bussing or distancing (I find those strategies severely overrated), but if the need arises I don't hold back. I make it count and go hard. I don't do this stuff. I gave her reasonable opportunities to change my mind and just couldn't get there.

Sparkles on me

MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:57 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:54 pm Have you ever changed your avi before? I feel like it’s always the same aesthetic with u and that makes me a sad panda. 🐼 😢

I skipped and read the latest page and deduced both of my reads on you on posts I’ve seen from this page aka recent developments.

So like I felt like u saying “u bamboozled her” as mafia before and simultaneously calling her town was a good look and not something I’d see mafia doing, I like your tone and responses towards her and they felt towny in nature.

Alison’s being super aggressive and yea ok could be a wolf in power, but this early in the phase and this vocal more often than not comes from a towny imo
What experience do you have playing with falcon and Alison?
I’ve hosted games that Falcon has played, like 2 or 3. I feel like i’ve played with both once or twice.
Why? It’s kinda weird to think as SK you’d play the same as a mafisoso who knows who’s mafia
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:22 pm
I don't think your base reasoning is wrong. A serial killer is uninformed and mafia are informed. Sure, okay. "lol are u serious rn" implies a degree of total absurdity though, as if it's ridiculous to wonder why SK meta is being used for a town read.
I mean sure SK meta is different, cause you want everyone to die. But eum since SK’s have no TMI the meta should be closer to town meta than mafia meta and I thought that was universally obvi
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:45 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:34 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:33 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:29 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:24 pm Nook you just gonna run past me all phase?
Yes. Look how fast I am.
:charlieblackmon:

Can’t catch u, you’re the gingerbread man. idk who i’m gonna work with this game, my two town leans aren’t really the type to work with others, and we’ll your running away from me 🐼 😢
Ok, what are we working on

Fair warning im still crying about Jay calling my reads bad
:ohyeah:

Is jAY just a random vote, i remember playing with him as town in the 70s (champs s2) and we won. he seems pretty proactive in engaging others but thats obvi easy to fake as scum. tell me more about him, unless hes right and youre reads are just bad.

tbh i still dont get the ego thing AND WHY ITs important or being used for a read but maybe im just confused idk.
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:03 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:54 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:45 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:34 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:33 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:29 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:24 pm Nook you just gonna run past me all phase?
Yes. Look how fast I am.
:charlieblackmon:

Can’t catch u, you’re the gingerbread man. idk who i’m gonna work with this game, my two town leans aren’t really the type to work with others, and we’ll your running away from me 🐼 😢
Ok, what are we working on

Fair warning im still crying about Jay calling my reads bad
:ohyeah:

Is jAY just a random vote, i remember playing with him as town in the 70s (champs s2) and we won. he seems pretty proactive in engaging others but thats obvi easy to fake as scum. tell me more about him, unless hes right and youre reads are just bad.

tbh i still dont get the ego thing AND WHY ITs important or being used for a read but maybe im just confused idk.
Idk it might be bad its a micro read i made while exhausted lol, but I didn't think his sabi read was real or made sense at the time, and his looking for a wikgy read from me after like 3 hours was kinda bad too given the nature of the read (which he apparently knows exists but doesn't know how works, which is...weh)

I think marmot's argument amounts to "alison wastes more time arguing trivial things as mafia"

Idk if its meaningful or not, I thibk its something Marmot could realistically believe
Fair take on Jay + Marmot.

I was mostly talking about Alison re: the ego thing, about why itès important re: wilgy and why this is even a thing but then lucy in the sky with diamonds said stress test and im like ok yeah can kinda see that i guess.
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:24 pm Wasn’t necessarily trying to be manipulative, but a lot of players have said my posts come across as such wether town or scum. Some people are manipulative or seem so without actively trying to be and it seems I fit into that category @JaggedJimmyJay

My boyfriend wants me too watch Troy with him so I’ll be back afterwards.
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:52 pm More or less. I thought Sparkles dismissing the Alison/falcon kerfuffle as town/town was questionable, and her handling of pressure since that point has left me wanting.

Keep doing your thing, Sparkles. I will listen.
how often are those early game squabbles anything but tVt? town starts game aggressively by coming at someone and the person responds, i liked the response so i felt at the time like thats what we were witnessing.

i liked marmy considering my point about manipulation and how others view things as alignment indicative that doesnt apply too every player,i felt the take back there was towny and like he realised that yea maybe this doesnt make sparkles scum, felt genuine and like his earlier point i didnt like was actually a valid attempt at reading me. so its why im not wanting to vote marmy anymore at this junkture, posts since have felt towny. so town leaning on the pretty cute animal at this junkture.

I get the impression from Sparkles that when she talked to me, she was being evasive. She knows me from the distant past (season 2 of the champs tournament) and that I can be a... volatile town player to fight. That's actually a dated impression of me, but it makes sense for Sparkles to think I'm still like that since we haven't played much since then. She answered me carefully, and spoke of me softly. She probably didn't want to rattle my cage any more than I rattled it myself. She kind of handled Alison similarly until Alison forced her to be more reactive by, well, being Alison.

Folks have generally, to this point, surmised that I'm not a good fit with Sparkles, and that remains as true as it was before. Final 3 demands a new layer of paranoia be draped over everything, but the basic rationale still holds. I'm not her teammate.

Meta

I am providing my own meta here, so y'all will have to take it or leave it. I understand the perception that this is an exercise in wifom, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. This is still a part of the discussion and it needs to be considered.

Put simply: when I am mafia, I (1) don't like bussing, and I (2) don't view myself as a good player to be left for a final 3 if one needs to happen. We just saw an example of this play out in Halvosen Ridge Mafia, another mountainous game. I was mafia, and I played it as I always prefer to play that alignment -- in powerwolf mode. I explicitly targeted town players and worked to get them chopped. It was successful for the first 3 days of the game (3 town chops). Then, after that, when my clout had faded with those 3 misses, I fell on the sword. I quite literally stopped posting (at least not nearly as often) and allowed town to chop me on Day 4, because I knew that I would be a liability to my team if left alive longer (because JaggedJimmyJay is a paranoia magnet, and my teammates were under my protection). I wanted to leave them with a strong gamestate that they could win in after I was gone. And it worked, thanks to Alison and Rondo.

I don't decide two months later in this game that I am suddenly mister hyper-busser and will win the game by myself. It doesn't make sense, it's bad strategy, and I also think it's a little selfish. For me to be mafia would have to mean that I just said "nah, Sparkles, you're not playing this game with me." I am renowned as a team player, and that's not team play. At least it doesn't feel like it to me. If I was mafia in this game, I would have stood in Sparkles corner and tried to chop folks like lucy ahead of her. That's just what I do.

Also consider responses to pressure. In Halvosen Ridge, the moment someone attacked me, I went ham and screamed some frankly ridiculous omgus (see my treatment of EnderWiggin), because I suspected overpowering the argument with noise would be enough. In this game I have been down to Earth, reserved, and calm. Because that's who I am as town. As mafia I am more likely to be that screaming monkey boy.

Lastly, there's raw volume. In Halvosen Ridge I made like 560 posts through four days (about 530 of which came in the first three). I was conscious of how people perceived me and tried to spam my post count way up so I could look like a sterling solving good boy. In this game I have taken it easy, because I have no such urge. I am just town, I can solve at my own pace, and I don't feel the same necessity to look good. In some ways that has probably hurt me too, because here I am in final 3 after having a mediocre game overall, but shit happens.

I placed it all in a spoiler to alleviate the wall pain, but it's still important to review this. If there are questions, please let me have them. The game is still winnable, and this is a critical step for both town members. I don't ask that the other town write a massive wall like this, but any effort to provide a "why I am town" argument is appreciated. I will listen. I can't guarantee I will receive every point well, but I will listen.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Given the day so far, I am leaning toward Sabi as the other town and Wilgy as mafia. I suspect Wilgy wanted to weaponize me for paranoia, and in so doing he has had to force some justifications for why Sabi is town (justifications that don't work, e.g., Sabi is town because they pushed a town chop or Sabi is town because they wouldn't leave me alive), and it looks inauthentic rather like Sparkles did at the start of the game. That also extends from my general developing views of the game over the last few days.

I am not totally sure, and I can't help but worry that this is what I am supposed to do given that I've town read Sabi and they're still here with me. So I am still listening. To both of you.

Sabi, whenever you're available today after traveling, please say the word. I understand that is your priority, not a forum game, but I should be around this evening.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll be a bit busy this afternoon running the labs, but I should still be able to poke in sporadically.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I'm thinking.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I just can't stop overlooking Wilgz high energy D1 and then fall off (yes he had surgery but also wim falls when ur maf partner dies D1).

He voted Nook for not a solid reason D1 to try to counter sparkles after the lucy wagon died.

His tr on me doesn't have his own opinion. It's just facts and he hasn't questioned me or anything.

Idk if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

But I'm voting Wilgz.

Ask me anything
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sabiplz wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:15 pm He voted Nook for not a solid reason D1 to try to counter sparkles after the lucy wagon died.
Did you mean outed wolf instead of Nook, and if not does that difference mean anything to you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:33 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:15 pm He voted Nook for not a solid reason D1 to try to counter sparkles after the lucy wagon died.
Did you mean outed wolf instead of Nook, and if not does that difference mean anything to you?
I got the names mixed up. My b
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sabiplz wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:34 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:33 pm
I got the names mixed up. My b
That's fine.

Were you primarily thinking about the game in broad terms, or have you been looking in ISOs today during travel, etc?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Isos
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alright -- just getting a vague idea of the process that led you to your decision.

I would like for Wilgy to respond before I make my final decision. I'll continue thinking it over. As most other nights here, I doubt I am going to be able to hang out late into the night in this game thread prior to the deadline, so it'll have to be sooner than later. I have an early morning tomorrow.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Essentially, Wilgy, I want you to investigate Sabi in some capacity. As it stands my vote might as well already be placed. There remain numerous hours ahead though that I am willing to use.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Yeah, I'll try to take an unbiased look at you and sabi in a moment as I gotta double check.

I just don't think I'm wrong here though.

I don't see how a town Jay doesn't come to the same conclusion that I would've just day yeeted him had I been wolf.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:15 pm I just can't stop overlooking Wilgz high energy D1 and then fall off (yes he had surgery but also wim falls when ur maf partner dies D1).

He voted Nook for not a solid reason D1 to try to counter sparkles after the lucy wagon died.

His tr on me doesn't have his own opinion. It's just facts and he hasn't questioned me or anything.

Idk if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

But I'm voting Wilgz.

Ask me anything
Noon was blind sheeping me all day, why would I not vote there to discourage the behavior?

I have In fact questioned you. I even threw out a potential scum read after Alison and Outed we're yeeted. We engaged and I revoked the read because I didn't think it any further.

Right now I town read you because I don't think Jay's play this cycle and being alive are town indicative for him.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Him "thinking" that fear of backlash got me off him last cycle is still an absolutely preposterous claim.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:29 pm Yeah, I'll try to take an unbiased look at you and sabi in a moment as I gotta double check.

I just don't think I'm wrong here though.

I don't see how a town Jay doesn't come to the same conclusion that I would've just day yeeted him had I been wolf.
I don't think it's reasonable to demand that I have that exact interpretation of such a specific incident. Anyway, go ahead and do your thing. I'll be around for the most part.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:33 pm Him "thinking" that fear of backlash got me off him last cycle is still an absolutely preposterous claim.
No it isn't. You placed a vote in the middle of the night, and I wasn't supposed to be there to fight it. That creates a unique situation, and I don't think the explanation you're shoving down my throat is the one that has to be true or even makes the most sense.

There are other things about you that I find suspicious. You can continue to harp on this, but it's unlikely to change my mind. I need to see you talk about Sabi in a meaningful way.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:36 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:33 pm Him "thinking" that fear of backlash got me off him last cycle is still an absolutely preposterous claim.
No it isn't. You placed a vote in the middle of the night, and I wasn't supposed to be there to fight it. That creates a unique situation, and I don't think the explanation you're shoving down my throat is the one that has to be true or even makes the most sense.

There are other things about you that I find suspicious. You can continue to harp on this, but it's unlikely to change my mind. I need to see you talk about Sabi in a meaningful way.
If I wanted to snipe you, why did our interaction happen hours before EoD? In the middle of the night isn't a moment before EoD, so if I was sniping, why did it come with room for you to respond? Hell, setting an alarm isn't hard, if sniping you was my goal I 100% just do it before EoD. Your argument doesn't make sense Jay.

If it's a snipe, why do it with time before EoD?

If it's a snipe, why didn't I commit?

Again, there's no saving you if Falcon wasn't around. Does a Wolf Wilgy ever choose to enter last day with Nook over you?

And I will continue to harp on this, this is critical for understanding and explanation. You can't answer those questions honestly and I think it's because you know I was just doing what I thought to do in the moment without much real thought otherwise.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also @Sabiplz, energy will literally never be a tell for me.

Feel free to iso my other games.

The rate that I play is strictly related to IRL and potential time allocation.

I would like your thoughts on the other two points I made previously though.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:47 pm

If I wanted to snipe you, why did our interaction happen hours before EoD? In the middle of the night isn't a moment before EoD, so if I was sniping, why did it come with room for you to respond? Hell, setting an alarm isn't hard, if sniping you was my goal I 100% just do it before EoD. Your argument doesn't make sense Jay.

Again, there's no saving you if Falcon wasn't around. Does a Wolf Wilgy ever choose to enter last day with Nook over you?

And I will continue to harp on this, this is critical for understanding and explanation. You can't answer those questions honestly and I think it's because you know I was just doing what I thought to do in the moment without much real thought otherwise.
The deadline is at the crack of dawn. Both of us have to sleep. You’re not going to hang around literally all night waiting to snipe, and doing it unannounced right at the deadline creates suspicions of its own. These are not compelling questions. If I am literally unconscious, then it’s functionally the same thing at 3:30am or at 8:30am.

You can keep yelling about this. There is a whole game behind you.

I don’t think your Sabi read today looks real.

I think you fit with Sparkles by association.

I think your engagement with the game tanked commensurate to the mafia win outlook.

I think you’re out of your town meta.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Why didn't w!Wilgz just vote for you Jay during eod
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sabiplz wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:57 pm Why didn't w!Wilgz just vote for you Jay during eod
If you mean literal deadline EOD, like when the poll is expiring, then 1) that means staying up all night or setting a crack of dawn alarm (everyone has to sleep including Wilgy), and 2) making an incredibly shady vote onto a tinfoil wagon right at the last minute with no chance for any conversation. Then the “it was a reaction test” excuse isn’t even an option. I’m just dead and he has to answer for it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Fair enough. Idk a bunch of stuff irl is distracting me so I'm sorry I'm not more engaged
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:54 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:47 pm

The deadline is at the crack of dawn. Both of us have to sleep. You’re not going to hang around literally all night waiting to snipe, and doing it unannounced right at the deadline creates suspicions of its own. These are not compelling questions. If I am literally unconscious, then it’s functionally the same thing at 3:30am or at 8:30am.

You can keep yelling about this. There is a whole game behind you.

I don’t think your Sabi read today looks real.

I think you fit with Sparkles by association.

I think your engagement with the game tanked commensurate to the mafia win outlook.

I think you’re out of your town meta.
you assume I know when you are and are not conscious. If you legitimately believe your arguments based on me making sleep schedule assumptions you will lose this game.

4 hours is literally wild amount of time.

How is my Sabi read fake? You want me to somehow W read both you and Sabi?

How do I fit with Sparkles by association? I'm pretty sure you yourself said that I had decent cred against sparkles based on my assessment of threadstates super early d1.

Yes, I went through surgery and still feel like shit. I've still supplied what data I can.

Since when do I have a town meta? I used to be a very consistent misyeet, and still think I am for the most part.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Hustles”