Total votes: 7
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 296
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Kid's Birthday Party Mafia Day 5

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nobody needs to keep a personal JJJ calendar when I am literally playing the game. My posts indicate when I am here. I have spoken a number of times about what I have going on outside the game. Right under my avatar says I live in Ohio. It was 3:30 in the morning. That’s not just some reasonable time for me to be awake and react to anything.

You fit with Sparkles because you created an outed wolf wagon for what strikes me as little clear reasoning and stayed on it as it countered Sparkles. You left Day 1 speaking in Sparkles’ defense too.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@DrWilgy, regarding your Sabi read:

What I am looking for is evidence that you have given this day real thought. I see so far what looks like evidence that you decided how you felt before it even started.

You showed up and voted me. You called Sabi town for pushing Esooa (town). You have spent a great deal of effort complaining about reads that you don’t think are mafia indicative (my concern about last night, your activity level, your meta), and none of that means “Wilgy is town” even if I accept them.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's getting late, and I am getting tired.

I think Wilgy is more likely to be mafia. I think he was the better overall fit entering the day, and I don't think he has played this final 3 like town. If it's Sabi, then all one can do is tip the cap. I will still be around for a bit yet, but whenever I pass out I pass out. I'll still be open to talk as long as I am here. It's possible I wake up before the deadline tomorrow, but I cannot make guarantees. It's a busy morning ahead either way.

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 333
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

Yea I'm back in Central time aka Chicago so no more being up for eod
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 224

Re: Kid's Birthday Party Mafia Day 1

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:41 am Hiya hes, shes, and theys ✨
mfw Sabi put sparkles here because they are teammates.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Re: Kid's Birthday Party Mafia Day 1

Post by DrWilgy »

Just running through Sabi and JJJ one more time in reference to Sparkes to see what I think.

Will try to look at Sabi's push on Esooa again. Honestly not that it matters, pretty sure we are locked at this point but alas.

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:07 pm I'm kinda meh on sparkles. It feels too easy. I have zero meta on her so I will sheep yall.
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:09 pm @MissSparkles to save everyone a giant wallpost of quotes:

whats your take on me? tbh i dont know why i quoted this so rather then make the effort of backspacing ill ask u a questionn.

I currently didn't have a solid opinion with your early start. I have heard before this game that you were coming out of retirement and wanted games so I guess the rust played a part with the awkwardness.

I kinda did share a kinship over playing with a lot of emotions.

I do like your posts since you came back the game. Feels a bit pockety but whatever. I'm easy.

×××

Do you feel the same way about Alison? I felt ALISON EXAGGERATED IN RESPONSE HERE AND CAME OFF QUITE DEFENSIVE.

Yes but also that's NAI for Alison. She is very policy heavy in terms how she plays. Not my play style but it's hers.

×××

Do you also consider me LHF? So yea this is why im mindmelding and liking your takes, im calling you town on mindmeld.

Idk I haven't played with you but I know others have said you were good and tend to do a lot as a player. You don't have arep of being a slank so I guess I don't view you as a lhf
Meh, it's actually worse than I thought. In previous review I stated sparkles spewed Sabi, but looking just at Sabi, there's not much to warrant Sabi's not a teammate.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Esooa wanted Jay.
Nook wanted Jay.
Falcon wanted Jay.

I don't know how it's not Jay when I think about that.

They could be wrong? I'm continuing my Sabi assessment now.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I guess Sabi kinda ignoring my last response rubs me the wrong way. Like they expressed their concerns with me, voted and peace'd out in spite of posting after I had responded to junk.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I just went through Sabi on Esooa again.

idk, I just don't think it's Sabi. I really don't see that case coming from wolf. I could be wrong, but rn the effort that went into that push when it happened at least feels like it's from a town mindset.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Moving onto a quick reread of Jay's stuff. idk, I'm pretty sold on it being Jay so it'll honestly be hard for me to find sway to the latter, but I'll attempt to read it with that in mind at least.

Also just wanted to apologize to town if the fact that about now is the only real time every other day I've been able to look at the thread for any extended amount of time is about to lose us the game.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also while it's on the mind, my towncase is this:
I don't leave JJJ alive while Falcon was voting him yesterday if possible.

I don't kill Falcon going into f3. I think if I were wolf I'd kill Sabi and let Falcon pick between Nook who would've been alive and me 99% of the time. That's just the easiest line and I don't see a scenario where I never play to that line.

I did hark a suspicion for Sparkles day 1, even if I wished to encourage other discussion around them and landed on OW, I do think I explained that quite thoroughly and also expressed that Sparkles was just as much on the chopping block.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Damn, I re-read Jay with a ctrl f on sparkles and I saw the same shit that made me take him out of PoE earlier.

Definitely would be a SUPER hard bus if Jay took that route.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ugh,

Further reading of Jay's actual posts regarding the EoD, and maybe he is just paranoid town.

Emphasis on "I hate that" perhaps suggests that he legitimately believed I was trying to snipe him, and in him believing that maybe, just maybe he also believes that I was spooked off him.

Jay, even when sleepy, and I cannot iterate this louder. I take the 50/50 with Nook if possible 100% of the time.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Now I ask myself, am I smarter than multiple dead townies?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:03 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:20 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:12 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:07 pm I don't think it satisfied wolf wincon in the moment. I.e. a wolf's timing on that push is awkward.

If Sabi was wolf, the Esooa push would've happened after nook yeet.
That seems like a very generous interpretation. They’re both town. Chopping them in any order is great, especially if Esooa (a player who is often aggressive) can be silenced first.

These are snap reads that can make some sense earlier in the game, but now is final 3. It feels like you’re trying to justify a read (Sabi town) instead of truly explore it.
Why do you imply these are snap reads? I've had Sabi as town most of the game. Just however this comes to mind when comparing who's trying to wolf wincon.

Also you disparage the read as snap, but technically we are currently with the most information possible. Shouldn't now the peices of the puzzle be coming together?
That’s precisely what I mean. Sabi has been a town read for most people all game long. And yet they’re right here with us. That demands some kind of exploration, and to default right to “town read” again without doing that is similar to making a “snap read” (not exactly like something on Day 1, but the spiritual equivalent in this game state). I have thought Sabi is town this game too, but there has to be some inkling of doubt. I don’t know how you can so easily make that judgment right now, and the rationale is questionable.
But it's not a snap read. We are down to you two? I have you and Sabi to compare to and right now I think the best thing to hunt by is who is executing for a strictly mafia based win condition? Who's manipulated and who's pushed?

I don't think W Sabi leaves you alive in addition to the Esooa push.

I do think you leave Sabi alive who has had the firm 'he's not so towny' stance, and you haven't had any play that indicates that you aren't shooting for the wolf win this cycle.
I've decided that this was false during my quick catchup. Sabi leaving you alive seems like an easy play now that I've re read most of your posts day 4.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm changing my vote to [VOTE: Sabi ] aubergine and setting an alarm.

Got one shot for mom's spaghetti I guess.

I know Sabi is traveling, but I don't know if Sabi autos this much f3. Plus my re-reads really weakened my town read on Sab while also weakening my W read on Jay.

I can now see that there is a scenario, where EoD Jay becomes so wrapped up in my vote shift where MAYBE he can beleive that he spooked me out of a snipe. I still think that's ridiculous, but MAYBE there's room for Jay to believe it. Especially if he's emotionally invested in fighting against the jay f3 paranoia which he keeps bringing up.

I'll think about this and wake up in 5 or so hours I suppose.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m here, sort of

There’s much to process.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Regardless of alignment I appreciate the effort Wilgy

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:17 am Esooa wanted Jay.
Nook wanted Jay.
Falcon wanted Jay.

I don't know how it's not Jay when I think about that.

They could be wrong? I'm continuing my Sabi assessment now.
From your hypothetical solving perspective, fine, but I want to ensure this is property contextualized. Nanook and falcon also had you in their POEs (Nanook just shrunk his to include himself). I don’t recall Esooa’s read off hand.

They were wrong about me anyway. I live long enough and folks are going to worry about me. Just the way it goes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:23 am I just went through Sabi on Esooa again.

idk, I just don't think it's Sabi. I really don't see that case coming from wolf. I could be wrong, but rn the effort that went into that push when it happened at least feels like it's from a town mindset.
This is one of my sticking points. This is a read that could use some expansion, and it’s critical to this final 3. Even if you have since changed your mind, I need to better understand what led you here while you were here.

What was it exactly about the “effort” and the timing of Sabi’s Esooa case that had compelled you? What distinguished them from any instance of any player giving an effort?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:47 am Ugh,

Further reading of Jay's actual posts regarding the EoD, and maybe he is just paranoid town.

Emphasis on "I hate that" perhaps suggests that he legitimately believed I was trying to snipe him, and in him believing that maybe, just maybe he also believes that I was spooked off him.

Jay, even when sleepy, and I cannot iterate this louder. I take the 50/50 with Nook if possible 100% of the time.
I think the current alignment would leave mafia you with something resembling a 50/50. Sabi voiced paranoia about me before this phase. They and I also represent players who take some amount of care and listen, while both Nanook and falcon shoot from the hip.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

As I’ve said, my morning will be demanding. I will try to poke in and out while I can up to the deadline.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:02 am I'm changing my vote to [VOTE: Sabi ] aubergine and setting an alarm.

I know Sabi is traveling, but I don't know if Sabi autos this much f3. Plus my re-reads really weakened my town read on Sab while also weakening my W read on Jay.

I can now see that there is a scenario, where EoD Jay becomes so wrapped up in my vote shift where MAYBE he can beleive that he spooked me out of a snipe. I still think that's ridiculous, but MAYBE there's room for Jay to believe it. Especially if he's emotionally invested in fighting against the jay f3 paranoia which he keeps bringing up.

What do you mean by “autos”

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:08 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:23 am I just went through Sabi on Esooa again.

This is one of my sticking points. This is a read that could use some expansion, and it’s critical to this final 3. Even if you have since changed your mind, I need to better understand what led you here while you were here.

What was it exactly about the “effort” and the timing of Sabi’s Esooa case that had compelled you? What distinguished them from any instance of any player giving an effort?
I'm not sure what you want here?

Like, the tone and request to yeet Esooa seem like they are coming from someone who believes they are correct as opposed to someone who is looking for a push. There is urgency on Sabi during Esooa yeet that I don't think would be present in wolf.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:12 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:47 am Ugh,

I think the current alignment would leave mafia you with something resembling a 50/50. Sabi voiced paranoia about me before this phase. They and I also represent players who take some amount of care and listen, while both Nanook and falcon shoot from the hip.
I think that's just wrong. A 50/50 does not get made when you are alive with Sabi, your T read on them the day prior and Sabi's general tone towards you I think implies that this f3 before anything else was a 70/30 at start.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:16 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:02 am I'm changing my vote to [VOTE: Sabi ] aubergine and setting an alarm.

What do you mean by “autos”
I just feel a lack of engagement, but Sabi did say they'd be gone so the point is relatively moot and more of a "I don't like it, I guess we lose" type thing?

If she's W she just doesn't need to show up, if she's V it's because of the timing so w/e.

@Sabiplz, I'd like your brain plz. May I consume it?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

What do you make of the idea that Sparkles tried pretty hard to pocket Sabi? That’s a significant driver of my town read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm dying and should probably just lay back down.

Give it the whole "fukkiiiiiiiit" treatment.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:41 am What do you make of the idea that Sparkles tried pretty hard to pocket Sabi? That’s a significant driver of my town read.
I think Sabi's response to it is awkward. When I was rereading it last night Sabi doesn't really speak negatively about it in the moment. That's what made me think it's meh.

I think a good point of comparison would be like how I was with Nook and actively opposed the blind sheeping. I didn't see that from Sabi, and that's what I'd think I'd see a town do if they are actually opposed to a presumed pocket?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Like, Sabi's claim that it was a pocket and that it was bad for being so, only cam after the flip.

Sabi in the post where Sparkles pocket begins was actually speaking good on Sparkles how I read it.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also half of me thinks ✨ was the open wolf hint now and my tinfoil won't let me stray from it tbh.

Like, how silly, but for real tho. The foresight.
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 21

Post by MacDougall »

Wilgy was town.

Congratulations to the mafia team of JaggedJimmyJay and MissSparkles.

Hard fought by the town but he isn't the KOFM for no reason.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 21

Re: Kid's Birthday Party Mafia Game Over

Post by MacDougall »

Unlocked.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Good game everyone

I dedicate this one to @MissSparkles.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 33

Post by outed wolf »

gg

thx for running
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

GG.

You played me into a corner Jay well done. I wish I had the stamina EoD 4 to have actually played out my vote on you.
Image Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

nice bus

disappointed you killed me n1 :P
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

outed wolf wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:08 am nice bus

disappointed you killed me n1 :P
Yeah that was lame. I didn’t want you upsetting the status quo, and the time zones were much friendlier to you. Cheap shot.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:03 am GG.

You played me into a corner Jay well done. I wish I had the stamina EoD 4 to have actually played out my vote on you.
When you voted me at 3:30am, I was terrified that you’d immediately fall asleep and I’d be screwed

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

nah, perfectly valid kill, just amusing to sign up to play with you and have you shoot me lmao
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

GG i was katze
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 333
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

Gg I was chilly
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by MissSparkles »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:02 am Good game everyone

I dedicate this one to @MissSparkles.
Aww your the best! :hugs:
:cloud9:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Damn it feels nice to not have to bullshit today.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

ggs, fun to follow along with

i wolf read jay the entire game for no reason :workit:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage

Return to “Previous Hustles”