Basic Bitch MLB Postseason Knock Out

This is the place to discuss sports and play fantasy sports.

Moderator: Community Team

Basic?

So basic (in)
100%
Not basic enough (not in)
No votes
Maybe basic (undecided, ping when it starts)
No votes

Total votes: 2
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Basic Bitch MLB Postseason Knock Out

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

The game is simple: pick a team that wins its postseason series.

The catch? You can only pick a team to win ONCE throughout the playoffs.

How this works:

There are four rounds of playoffs this year, the Wildcard Round, the League Division Series', the League Championship Series', and the World Series.

In the WCR, you will pick one team from either league to win their series. You receive one point and continue playing if they do so. If they lose, you can continue playing on the side but will no longer score points.

In the LDS, you pick one team from either league to win their series but it cannot be the team you picked in the WCR. Similar to before, win and you get a point, lose and you no longer score points.

In the LCS...you get the idea. Same thing, you pick a winner, cant be a team you picked in either the WCR or LDS, win and get a point, lose and stop scoring points.

In the World Series it's the same deal, pick the winner get a point.

Tiebreakers are as follows:

Select a score for the world series. Closest run differential wins.

If still tied: closest to total number of runs scored (eg: person x picks 5-3, person y picks 3-1, game ends 2-0, person y wins)

If still tied: ill flip a coin

What does the winner get:

A lovingly crafted digital trophy to display in your digital trophy case, and (if you're comfortable sharing a shipping address and it isn't prohibitively expensive to have it sent there) a custom tee shirt declaring you the "basic baseball bitch champion of the syndicate, 2022."

Ping me with any questions here or on discord, all are welcome to participate regardless of your baseball knowledge, this is just to gather interest so I know who to ping when the playoff field is set. Selections will be made privately to me via DM, they will lock when game one of a series starts* but can be changed as often as you want before that, and I will make the list for the round public after all selections are locked.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Basic Bitch MLB Postseason Knock Out

Post by Scotty »

Down
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Basic Bitch MLB Postseason Knock Out

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Additional note: if everyone wipes out before the world series, I get the trophy and the tee shirt and the right to gently mock you as a collective.

If everyone wipes out in the wild card round we'll just laugh and reset for the LDS.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Sports Bar”