RondoDimBuckle (formerly Bea)
13%
Roxy
38%
S~V~S
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
The CIA (host/mods/dead/non-player option)
44%

Total votes: 16
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 294

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [DAY 6]

Post by S~V~S »

Neon wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:07 am
S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:14 am
Neon wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:46 am So let me ask you a question.

If I'm wolf and I've spent all day hard defending Lucy and being notably within my wolf range according to the two players who have played with me.

Why would we as a wolf team ever let Lucy come into thread and just admit to being a wolf there. I mean she's probably going over anyways ig but if she was gonna give up went would I waste my breath?
How so “let her” ?

She’s a free person and can post as she likes. I think outing herself like that isn’t always fair to one’s team, but I don’t know what they could have done to stop her.
Do you often ignore team strategy and do whatever you want without helping your team?
i personally don’t anymore, but I’ve seen other people do so, especially when things aren’t going well. .

But ultimately, you don’t have any control over other peoples actions. People go rogue.

Years ago on a site that doesn’t exist anymore, I went rogue, in a similar, not the same way. I was town and had been recruited into a team I had been working hard to elim. I was so demoralized and unhappy, I refused to go to their chat or participate. I didn’t work actively against them but I outed myself and became a null. Looking back on it I’m embarrassed and wish I hadn’t done so, but in the heat of the moment, at the time, it made sense. Not the same situation, but a similar end result.

People are free agents, and unpredictable. Lucy wanted to go down on her own terms, imo, and I would guess there prolly wasn’t much her team could do to stop her.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 405
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:11 am

If I'm wolf and I've spent all day hard defending Lucy and being notably within my wolf range according to the two players who have played with me.

Why would we as a wolf team ever let Lucy come into thread and just admit to being a wolf there. I mean she's probably going over anyways ig but if she was gonna give up went would I waste my breath?
How so “let her” ?

She’s a free person and can post as she likes. I think outing herself like that isn’t always fair to one’s team, but I don’t know what they could have done to stop her.
Do you often ignore team strategy and do whatever you want without helping your team?
i personally don’t anymore, but I’ve seen other people do so, especially when things aren’t going well. .

But ultimately, you don’t have any control over other peoples actions. People go rogue.

Years ago on a site that doesn’t exist anymore, I went rogue, in a similar, not the same way. I was town and had been recruited into a team I had been working hard to elim. I was so demoralized and unhappy, I refused to go to their chat or participate. I didn’t work actively against them but I outed myself and became a null. Looking back on it I’m embarrassed and wish I hadn’t done so, but in the heat of the moment, at the time, it made sense. Not the same situation, but a similar end result.

People are free agents, and unpredictable. Lucy wanted to go down on her own terms, imo, and I would guess there prolly wasn’t much her team could do to stop her.
Secondary cringe from this one. Glad you look back on it with chagrin. I would too
ImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by Golden »

Anyway, this game could have deepwolf, but the reason I’ve been so firm in encouraging all townies to avoid tinfoil is because the vibe has had exactly that feel… one in which the wolves have no thread control.

But, of course, the best deepwolfing is recognising you’re the only one with thread control and getting yourself the most possible cred during their elims, in whatever form that may come.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

If neon or rondo are wolves, the wolves recovered thread control from a difficult position early.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 373
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Golden wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:37 am
Neon wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:13 am Role madness is what I grew up on but slankers were killed by vig or vote slanking didn't work I learned how to woof in a world where you needed to keep the narrative under control how can you win when you can't fight information with misinformation. It's easy to confuse town when you exert control.
Was it alive to win?
I'm usually alive when I win
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:43 am It has a vibe. And what I'd call mafia 1.0, the mafia I grew up on and played with Roxy and mata, was very different. You lost if you died. Taking thread control was inherently bad play (which is why I always lost).
Yeah, steering = bad back in the day. Even though I tend to do it myself bad or civ. When I see other people do it, my gut reaction is “wolf!”, even though logically I know better.

I’ve seen lots of baddie teams boast until end game when the last comes out and then tries to steer, and sometimes it works.

But we also usually had two bad teams and often an SK to boot, so it was different dynamics. With two bad teams, they can’t both be seizing the narrative.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*coast
☆Princess Abigail☆

I don't think I'd have stuck around in old mafia lol

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 405
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Golden wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:22 am If neon or rondo are wolves, the wolves recovered thread control from a difficult position early.
I am good at that
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:14 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:11 am

How so “let her” ?

Secondary cringe from this one. Glad you look back on it with chagrin. I would too
Oh yeah I’m ashamed of this. It wasn’t my best moment. I mainly brought it up in that people are unpredictable and the team can control them only as far as thry allow themselves to be controlled.

But yeah, it was a brat move on my part 100%
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Neon wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:29 am I don't think I'd have stuck around in old mafia lol
It was fun, just different to this. If us old folk can mske adjustments to this new world, you could have too.

Especially if it was all you knew. It was easier to be bad with 2 bad teams, cause then you could legit wolf hunt, for instance.

This should prolly all be in green but meh.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Neon wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:29 am I don't think I'd have stuck around in old mafia lol
From what I’ve seen of you, I reckon you’d have thrived in it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:35 am
It was fun, just different to this. If us old folk can mske adjustments to this new world, you could have too.

Especially if it was all you knew. It was easier to be bad with 2 bad teams, cause then you could legit wolf hunt, for instance.

Nah, it’s all relevant to how we’re reading roxy
☆Princess Abigail☆

I mean I like multi ball I'm planning a pretty fucking stupid multi ball game for eventually.

But. I dunno I like controlling the thread and power wolfing.

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Neon wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:08 am

I mean I like multi ball I'm planning a pretty fucking stupid multi ball game for eventually.

But. I dunno I like controlling the thread and power wolfing.
Me too actually :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Roxy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:30 pm ~snip too~

You have not been around while I was in thread. Yeah I was here before she outed herself trying to make my post but then I seen it happen. *sighs* idk this game is just so different anymore - See my previous post no sense in rehashing of this game and it's mechanics or new style of play.
My tone is what it is. I have mellowed since Ariya was born I don't want to be the hateful, meanspirited YaYa I want to be the happy go lucky one she wants to be around.
Lucy is not a teammate of mine - no way I would have ever allowed her to out herself. Nor would she have ever posted "fucking Roxy". I have never had btsc with Mata. I do not really know Vivax beyond this game.
And in thread games, you can interact while not in the thread at the same time. What this means to me is that you never had any suspects or opinions strong enough for me to comment on them; to agree, disagree or think about. And Roxy is a strong minded person, who generally holds strong opinions and doesn't much care what others think of them. And, even though I've played my usual aggressive game, you never felt the need to agree or disagree with anything I said other than OT. We both like teams, and when town you're a consensus builder, like me. You didn't try to engage in that way, and I didn't even notice it.

And I get you about tone, I don't think I will ever blast the reasons for my tone reads ever again, although I do realize the joy Ariya has added to your life, and that can give you a new perspective.

And as I said to Neon, there is no "let" when you're playing a game with adults. They do what they do; you way try to talk them out of things, but ultimately you can't make them do (or stop them from doing) what you want them to do.

With Lucy I *knew* in my heart that she was bad. From early on, too. I could be wrong here, I have no info. But I have no reason to think you're *not* bad :hug:

I am hoping to hear Splints perspective, she has been townreading you as well, and maybe has better reasons than I did.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

God I'm a shitty typist, on phone or laptop.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Neon wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:45 am
Golden wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:45 am
Neon wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:37 am If Roxy flips wolf I'm just confused by what this wolf team ever even did ...

And more so I'm confused by their actions. Lack of thread control. Basically like...wtf.
Exerting thread control is a characteristic of individual players. Mata and Roxy are, by their nature, lower posters who don’t seek to exert thread control. This can be an effective tactic if the town is eating itself.
It's an absolute disaster. With prs and God doc Scotty they should have adjusted

Further 1 of them was inactive and no voted at least one time

Two of them self voted at different points I believe both on day 1 and one stayed on themself thus losing their vote day 2. This is actually a huge reason why I've town read Roxy that play makes 0 sense as mafia if i was on thee team I'd be screaming in scum chat to just log in for one second stealth vote and leave.

Like... there's just so much huh and very little where I can go oh I see the plan.
How do people not know that like 70% of people are like extremely bad at wolfing and can't just "do what they want" or "find a plan".

15% of people can wolf well and help their teammates wolf well, 15% of people can wolf well, but might not really change how their teammates wolf. 45% of people can't wolf well unless they hvae a teammate that is helping prop them up, and 25% of people just can't wolf at all.

Sometimes you get a team without a strong wolf leader, and sometimes someone who should be in the 15% that can wolf well alone are busy (I'd guess Lucy is here) and don't end up wolfing super well, and that makes your chances of having a coordinated wolf team near zero.

like... I'm not actually a very good thread wolf, but I've always been really in tune to my wolfmates and support them in the BTSC a lot which is honestly probably why I win more wolf games than not (My wolf games go sideways when I am the last wolf alive... but I sweep or near-sweap a lot). If they don't have someone who is pushing the others to move and they don't have a planner, wolves don't do anything other than individually hide.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:46 am
Neon wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:37 am If Roxy flips wolf I'm just confused by what this wolf team ever even did ...

And more so I'm confused by their actions. Lack of thread control. Basically like...wtf.
Exerting thread control is a characteristic of individual players. Mata and Roxy are, by their nature, lower posters who don’t seek to exert thread control. This can be an effective tactic if the town is eating itself.
It's an absolute disaster. With prs and God doc Scotty they should have adjusted

Two of them self voted at different points I believe both on day 1 and one stayed on themself thus losing their vote day 2. This is actually a huge reason why I've town read Roxy that play makes 0 sense as mafia if i was on thee team I'd be screaming in scum chat to just log in for one second stealth vote and leave.

Like... there's just so much huh and very little where I can go oh I see the plan.
How do people not know that like 70% of people are like extremely bad at wolfing and can't just "do what they want" or "find a plan".

15% of people can wolf well and help their teammates wolf well, 15% of people can wolf well, but might not really change how their teammates wolf. 45% of people can't wolf well unless they hvae a teammate that is helping prop them up, and 25% of people just can't wolf at all.

Sometimes you get a team without a strong wolf leader, and sometimes someone who should be in the 15% that can wolf well alone are busy (I'd guess Lucy is here) and don't end up wolfing super well, and that makes your chances of having a coordinated wolf team near zero.

like... I'm not actually a very good thread wolf, but I've always been really in tune to my wolfmates and support them in the BTSC a lot which is honestly probably why I win more wolf games than not (My wolf games go sideways when I am the last wolf alive... but I sweep or near-sweap a lot). If they don't have someone who is pushing the others to move and they don't have a planner, wolves don't do anything other than individually hide.
If Rox is the last wolf, I think we had *three* good wolves who could have slaughtered us all if all three of them had not had real life issues or time constraints. I think maybe it was just bad luck on their part more so than bad wolfing. I have never played with Lucy before, but I bet that in optimal conditions, she's an amazing wolf, and I know both Rox and Mata are, too.
☆Princess Abigail☆

I don't get it because I suck at this game and keep getting called a good wolf and I generally do that with my brain turned off

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

This sounds cocky I didn't mean it that way but like...I dunno I think I'm ass tier and people call me cos

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Good*

ImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:57 am

If Rox is the last wolf, I think we had *three* good wolves who could have slaughtered us all if all three of them had not had real life issues or time constraints. I think maybe it was just bad luck on their part more so than bad wolfing. I have never played with Lucy before, but I bet that in optimal conditions, she's an amazing wolf, and I know both Rox and Mata are, too.
Sorry, my last message probably came off as harsh. I didn't mean to say that the wolves in this game are bad, moreso that the baseline expectation people have for a wolfteam is way higher than the true average. People expect wolf teams to be highly coordinated, having multiple active members with thread control, doing amazing PR hunting, all while blending seemlessly, and it leads people to make TWTBAW reads and "This doesn't make sense as a wolf" reads far more often than they should IMO.

Definitely way harsher than I meant, but my point was not that the wolf team was bad (they got like 4 miselims in a row, and this setup is extremely townsided unless they hit cop really early), but that many people's expected wolfrange is much smaller than their actual wolf range. People thinking Jack would just "try harder" if they're a wolf or people thinking that there must be someone with thread control are examples of people expecting a higher-than-average wolf performance, which just doesn't always happen (literally by probability theory since there must always be at least one wolf team at or below the average wolfteam's abilities).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:57 am

I mean Lucy convinced me and had decent thread control for a bit I think

ImageImage

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 111

Post by fingersplints »

Golden wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:01 pm @fingersplints you haven’t played with Roxy in ages. And, she vouched for you very hard, early. before you started reciprocating. What do you think are the odds you could’ve wrong?
Probably pretty good. She defended me at a vital time when most others were against me

@S~V~S trying to reread her posts in between kids stuff. I do think perhaps we let friendship sympathies cloud our judgement.

Gotta get my girl from school but will be around some for more reading and a vote.
Gro-oo-ovy
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

My students are taking their final right now. I haven't caught any wolves, but I definitely have some sus on a few people.

falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 221

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: rondo] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

I missed that Roxy became a wagon, but I am okay with Rondo/Roxy.

Does anyone disagree with my PoE?

{Rondo, Neon, Roxy, SVS}?

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Golden wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:23 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:29 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:27 pm @falcon45ca why do you have Golden as black? Like he is some sort of mystery?
Any player in black is alive and unknown (to me) alignment. Golden is not the only one in black, you'll note only the flipped and myself have colors
Why is my alignment not known to you?
I am as close to certain you're green as can possibly be w/o a flip or mod confirmed green
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:07 am I missed that Roxy became a wagon, but I am okay with Rondo/Roxy.

I agree w/ this, tho I've got some mild paranoia about Dennis.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Neon wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:18 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:35 pm Rondo is def someone I find sus, and actually I'd like to hear others thought on Neon. GTH Rondo is Maf over Neon
I think you're the only person who's felt this way. Elaborate? Pwease uwu.
Who has felt which way? That Rondo is Maf over your slot?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:08 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:07 am I missed that Roxy became a wagon, but I am okay with Rondo/Roxy.

I have a small bit of tinfoil on Dennis, but if Dennis can wolf like this on their first game ever, I will let them have the win (granted, everything should be re-evaluated as time goes on, but still).

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

I have a small bit of tinfoil on Dennis, but if Dennis can wolf like this on their first game ever, I will let them have the win (granted, everything should be re-evaluated as time goes on, but still).

☆Princess Abigail☆

I disagree with it

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:11 am
Neon wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:18 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:35 pm Rondo is def someone I find sus, and actually I'd like to hear others thought on Neon. GTH Rondo is Maf over Neon
I think you're the only person who's felt this way. Elaborate? Pwease uwu.
Who has felt which way? That Rondo is Maf over your slot?
Yes ig Sean to but

ImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Neon wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:19 am

I disagree with it
Okay, who would you take out, and who would you put in?

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:22 am

I disagree with it
First thought would be SVS out for fingers

But I do feel we have our last wolf Roxy/Rondo
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:30 am

I disagree with it

It seems likely that Golden greenchecked Fingers.

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 111

Post by fingersplints »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:15 am

This
Gro-oo-ovy
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:33 am
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:30 am

I disagree with it

It seems likely that Golden greenchecked Fingers.
Oh, well that makes it easier.

Ya, nobody but Dennis then would fit in my mind
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

I'd most like to hear from @S~V~S and @Roxy.

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:12 pm

;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don’t see the point in making lists of people I don’t suspect. I don’t think splints, rondo or Neon is bad. Except for Rox, I don’t agree with any of them. But if I had to pull one out (this was the question, right?) other than myself, I would take Neon out. I think her reaction to Lucy’s elim was genuine and firmly towncore her for me.

But if you insist,
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Duh yet another bad edit lol 😂
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Roxy

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

@S~V~S
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Roxy

Love ya, you crazy kid 💕
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:18 pm

I don’t see the point in making lists of people I don’t suspect. I don’t think splints, rondo or Neon is bad. Except for Rox, I don’t agree with any of them. But if I had to pull one out (this was the question, right?) other than myself, I would take Neon out. I think her reaction to Lucy’s elim was genuine and firmly towncore her for me.

But if you insist,
Is Roxy your only suspect?

The point isn't to "make lists of people you don't suspect", it is to make a list that

1. is no larger than the number of TKs we have left, and

2. maximizes the probability of containing all wolves subject to constraint 1.

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:05 pm @Roxy

Love ya, you crazy kid 💕
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:09 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:18 pm

But if you insist,
Is Roxy your only suspect?

The point isn't to "make lists of people you don't suspect", it is to make a list that

1. is no larger than the number of TKs we have left, and

2. maximizes the probability of containing all wolves subject to constraint 1.
I think we play differently. I am not sure what a TK is?

I looked at the remaining players, and cleared them *for me*. I don’t think Neon is bad based on her reaction to Lucy’s lynch. I don’t think Rondo is bad although I do think he is overwhelming at times, lol. But I also think his thread interactions clear him to my mind. I don’t think I’m bad because I got my role card, and I think Golden cleared Splints.

I thought the PoE was to eliminate the people you don’t think are bad? I did that and am left with Roxy.

One day at a time imo. She’s my best suspect so that’s where I’m voting :shrug:

Return to “Previous Heists”