Felt Mafia 3 [EndGame]

Moderator: Community Team

What should the next Felt Mafia game be about?

Return to Felt Origins
22%
Glass v. Plastic
11%
Felt 4: The Quilting Bee
67%
Other (please place in comments)
No votes

Total votes: 9
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Felt Mafia 3 [Day 4]

Post by Kate »

Neon wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:37 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:24 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:57 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:54 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:53 pm But like ok let's set it aside and kill kate
why? I need reasons and proof. I have played many a game with her and have never read her correctly.
Off the top of my head

- I thought Kate was easy to read as obvtown in LGM, she hasn't been in this game.
- Dennis wanted to kill her, and he was nightkilled Night 2, which incriminates her more than anyone else.
- She was pushing Dennis, a confirmed civilian, the hardest, even after he began to settle into the game.

Then there is the possible pairing with Neon that's been observed by Epignosis and fingersplints, and I feel fairly good about fingersplints (although the jury is still out on Epi).
Neon's suses have been all over the place this game. Today she's trying to "dome" me (I think that's the new term) and now evidence against me is that I'm possible teammates with her?

I'm not and I'm not bad. Let's take a moment to review what's come out because the numbers are looking pretty bad for town.
I don't see how this is a dome.
An attempted dome? I'm not sure I'm using the term correctly. But you voted me straight out the gate after saying I want to give Kate time to talk bc she's been sick.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 200

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Kate wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:42 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:53 pm But like ok let's set it aside and kill kate
why? I need reasons and proof. I have played many a game with her and have never read her correctly.
Off the top of my head

- I thought Kate was easy to read as obvtown in LGM, she hasn't been in this game.
- Dennis wanted to kill her, and he was nightkilled Night 2, which incriminates her more than anyone else.
- She was pushing Dennis, a confirmed civilian, the hardest, even after he began to settle into the game.

Then there is the possible pairing with Neon that's been observed by Epignosis and fingersplints, and I feel fairly good about fingersplints (although the jury is still out on Epi).
Neon's suses have been all over the place this game. Today she's trying to "dome" me (I think that's the new term) and now evidence against me is that I'm possible teammates with her?

I'm not and I'm not bad. Let's take a moment to review what's come out because the numbers are looking pretty bad for town.
An attempted dome? I'm not sure I'm using the term correctly. But you voted me straight out the gate after saying I want to give Kate time to talk bc she's been sick.
I did yes. I posted my thoughts pre analysis than analyzed and realized I'm just gonna vote you anyways and there's no reason to wait.

A dome is essentially a 1 v 1
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Neon wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:44 pm
Off the top of my head

I did yes. I posted my thoughts pre analysis than analyzed and realized I'm just gonna vote you anyways and there's no reason to wait.

And then just ignore what I say? That's not town behavior at all.

Especially considering I wasn't here bc I was ill, not just dodging the game.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Kate wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:04 pm

Off the top of my head

Voting you is +EV

Doesn't mean I'm ignoring you I'm quite literally here talking to you right now. However you aren't even focused on trying to appear towny right now instead you are being defensive over my vote and shading me without any solving and while I have fully understood that you've had outside factors negatively impacting your play and that's a contributing factor to your naked iso there's hardly a reason for me to reeval at this stage with how this day has progressed.

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

What is +ev?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Neon wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:28 pm

Off the top of my head

Voting you is +EV

Doesn't mean I'm ignoring you I'm quite literally here talking to you right now. However you aren't even focused on trying to appear towny right now instead you are being defensive over my vote and shading me without any solving and while I have fully understood that you've had outside factors negatively impacting your play and that's a contributing factor to your naked iso there's hardly a reason for me to reeval at this stage with how this day has progressed.
Well I obviously have an idea who is bad, which is why I'm addressing you and your continued refusal to even consider thread evidence and just continue to dome or tunnel or whatever it is. Of course I'm defending, what should I do...lay down and die? I won't do that regardless of my health (I do feel a lot better today though). There are maybe 1, possibly no, days left for a miselim so yes, I'm going to try keep myself from being lynched.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DrWilgy »

Kate wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:02 pmWhat is +ev?
Effort Values.

Whenever a Pokemon knocks out another pokemon, the knocked out Pokemon provides points called effort values to to the Pokemon that knocked it out.

The amount and type of Effort Values provided is determined by the knocked out Pokemon. For example, knocking out an Azuril will provide 1 hp EV while knocking out a Magikarp will provide 1 speed EV.

A Pokemon can have a total of 510 EVs collected, but only up to 252 in each respective stat. This will often result in stat spreads like 6 HP, 252 Attack, and 252 Speed.

At level 100, every 4 EVs will yield 1 stat point on the Pokemon that collected it.

This is why competitive Pokemon training will often attempt to min max what EVs their Pokemon have collected to meet certain tasks.

A good example is the Speed EV investment on my Dudunsparce, as I've specifically invested 180 Speed EVs and a beneficiary nature so that under the effects of tailwind my Dudunsparce has a speed of exactly 214, out speeding Dragapult, the 2nd fastest Pokemon and the fastest that is commonly used in the VGC format.

How this relates to Mafia is beyond me.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Epignosis »

Kate wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:09 am Am I crazy or are there 15 roles and 16 players?
I count 15 roles and 16 players.

That is wild.

What I want to know is why you saw and commented on this three minutes after your last post.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

EV = expected value. It's an investor's or gambler's term. How much you get back based on how much you put in.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:39 pm
Effort Values.

Whenever a Pokemon knocks out another pokemon, the knocked out Pokemon provides points called effort values to to the Pokemon that knocked it out.

The amount and type of Effort Values provided is determined by the knocked out Pokemon. For example, knocking out an Azuril will provide 1 hp EV while knocking out a Magikarp will provide 1 speed EV.

A Pokemon can have a total of 510 EVs collected, but only up to 252 in each respective stat. This will often result in stat spreads like 6 HP, 252 Attack, and 252 Speed.

At level 100, every 4 EVs will yield 1 stat point on the Pokemon that collected it.

This is why competitive Pokemon training will often attempt to min max what EVs their Pokemon have collected to meet certain tasks.

A good example is the Speed EV investment on my Dudunsparce, as I've specifically invested 180 Speed EVs and a beneficiary nature so that under the effects of tailwind my Dudunsparce has a speed of exactly 214, out speeding Dragapult, the 2nd fastest Pokemon and the fastest that is commonly used in the VGC format.

Go sit down.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I voted [VOTE: Neon] aubergine
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

well that's an insane barometer do you think she's a town or a wolf
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Roxy wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:57 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:52 pmcry?
no elim them :stare:
How are we supposed to do that
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:40 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:09 am Am I crazy or are there 15 roles and 16 players?
I count 15 roles and 16 players.

That is wild.

What I want to know is why you saw and commented on this three minutes after your last post.
I don't remember exactly but I think I was reading before I posted anything, then I answered the post above me.

Before I posted about the roles, I went back and double checked the count. Just to be sure.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:16 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:50 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:50 pm ok raise your hand if you're not on the role list
well roleclaiming isnt allowed

raises a frog instead
plz put me down...
marmot licks the frog and sets it down

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:54 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:57 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:52 pmcry?
no elim them :stare:
How are we supposed to do that
You can do anything you want if you put your mind to it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm sure you could even enjoy In the Aeroplane over the Sea if you really wanted to.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

i really try every time
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I'm not one for not liking things, really, I'm not
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I was in a mafia game here when I first listened to that album, I wonder if we can find my first thoughts
☆Princess Abigail☆

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:39 pm
Effort Values.

It's equivalent value in mafia xD

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Kate wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:06 pm
Neon wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:28 pm

Voting you is +EV

Well I obviously have an idea who is bad, which is why I'm addressing you and your continued refusal to even consider thread evidence and just continue to dome or tunnel or whatever it is. Of course I'm defending, what should I do...lay down and die? I won't do that regardless of my health (I do feel a lot better today though). There are maybe 1, possibly no, days left for a miselim so yes, I'm going to try keep myself from being lynched.
My problem isn't that you are defending yourself it's that your defensive while lacking any solving. It's that your focusing all your attention on discrediting me but you haven't even attempted to solve my alignment nor anyone else's just shade me. I don't even think you've voted me.

ImageImage

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I hope to be back later today to answer any other questions, if need be.

Neon, I rarely vote right away and this time is no different. That's more of a new trend that came on with the movable votes. Remember, I'm old. Lol :stare: :nicenod:

[VOTE: neon] aubergine
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 42

Post by sig »

Hey’ works been crazy last two days but I’m still semi around just not caught up.

I’d guess the secret role is some sort of third party? I can’t imagine it’s a mafia member
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 42

Post by sig »

I plan to catch up more tonight. For the time being we can’t do much about the secret role so I say we ignore it
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 59

Re: Felt Mafia 3 [Night 3]

Post by fingersplints »

Roxy wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:56 pm
fingersplints wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:27 pm snip for ease

I just fell asleep on my kids floor trying to get her to sleep lol I might check in some, but honestly I’m too tired for my brain to be of any use and I need to seriously rethink some of my previous town reads
awww poor thing I remember those nights all too well.
But I do feel like we are on this ledge we really need to focus as a town.

Thoughts on the poss 3p role, thoughts on baddies.

If not today - tomorrow.
I don’t know if it’s worth worrying about today, but good to have in our minds. Right now we need to just elim any baddie
Gro-oo-ovy
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Re: Felt Mafia 3 [Night 3]

Post by Kate »

fingersplints wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:57 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:56 pm
fingersplints wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:27 pm snip for ease

I just fell asleep on my kids floor trying to get her to sleep lol I might check in some, but honestly I’m too tired for my brain to be of any use and I need to seriously rethink some of my previous town reads
awww poor thing I remember those nights all too well.
But I do feel like we are on this ledge we really need to focus as a town.

Thoughts on the poss 3p role, thoughts on baddies.

If not today - tomorrow.
I don’t know if it’s worth worrying about today, but good to have in our minds. Right now we need to just elim any baddie
I think there is a way to do both.

But killing me is not the way to do either.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm starting to think that making a tie and going from there is correct.

[VOTE: Neon] aubergine

No I have not really assessed anything in the last cycle.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

3-7, miss to 3-5 lylo?
3-7, hit to 2-6 mylo...

Aye, a yeet between Neon/Kate/SVS would do us well for data going into those.
Image Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

My wagon is ass lol

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Nobody has even attempted to solve me. Kate has literally spent all day on the defensive against me and only me.

No solving. No attempt to figure out the game just pure unadulterated omgus.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:09 pm I'm starting to think that making a tie and going from there is correct.

So you want a no execution?

ImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Neon wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:40 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:09 pm I'm starting to think that making a tie and going from there is correct.

So you want a no execution?
Nah, just wanted to see what would happen. Will likely jump ship to Kate later.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Neon wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:37 pm My wagon is ass lol
Which end?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Neon wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:39 pm Nobody has even attempted to solve me.
That's untrue.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:24 pm
Neon wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:09 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:07 pm
Neon wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:06 am
fingersplints wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:25 am I’m very surprised by that kill. I was still suspicious of Dennis, but it seems I was wrong. Dennis, I hope you know that I think you played well. It’s just the nature of the game. People find little suspicions and it sticks sometimes. It can be very hard to be on the receiving end of it, but you did well for your first time getting lots of suspicion. We all get frustrated during mafia sometimes. It’s ok. I hope you still stick around and play more.
Neon wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:35 am The Dennis kill to me shows the woofs aren't being pressured and that we are running way off base. Not surprising really methinks they are using night kills to bait us into easy misexes
Who do you think they are trying to bait us into? Kate?

I could see that especially as Marmot came in with a vote for her and rondo claimed a fake red check on her.
Of those two, I was town reading Marmot. This fake check is just fuelling my suspicion of rondo.
I think they baited us into Lucy and are now baiting us into Kate
You're telling us what "they" are doing without telling us who "they" are.

Who dey?

(With apologies to JJJ and bwt)
I think I made it pretty apparent what I'm thinking actually
No you didn't. You made three on-topic posts between this one and now. Here they are:
Neon wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:07 am
fingersplints wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:25 am
Neon wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:09 am I now have physical proof I suck at Mafia.
:confused:
I recorded all my games of mafia and my win rate is atrocious lol
Neon wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:10 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:51 pm
Neon wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:35 am The Dennis kill to me shows the woofs aren't being pressured and that we are running way off base. Not surprising really methinks they are using night kills to bait us into easy misexes
Neon wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:36 am I wouldn't be surprised if Wilgy or even Marmot or Epi are woofin

Do you believe this, or is this more of a "my top suspect was nightkilled and now I'm lost" reaction?
I believe we are way off base and mafia is laughing in our face by killing Dennis. Yes.
Neon wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:11 pm
Neon wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:10 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:51 pm
Neon wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:36 am I wouldn't be surprised if Wilgy or even Marmot or Epi are woofin

Do you believe this, or is this more of a "my top suspect was nightkilled and now I'm lost" reaction?
I believe we are way off base and mafia is laughing in our face by killing Dennis. Yes.
Alternatively SVS is scum and they were trying to discredit Quinns solve so we never went there.
I don't see who "they" are.

The only thing you offer is S~V~S being bad, but that's "alternatively." So I don't understand why you raise an alternative theory without making your first one clear.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 94

Post by S~V~S »

I don’t think Neon is trying to solve, either. Her game looks nothing like LGM.

I also loathe how she tried to get Quin to not reveal his thoughts during night one. Tried hard, too.

I don’t see Kate NKing Dennis, especially if he was suspecting her.

So imma [VOTE: Neon] aubergine
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@S~V~S & @Epignosis what are y'alls opinions on Marmot?
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:23 pm @S~V~S & @Epignosis what are y'alls opinions on Marmot?
I'd have to look. Mostly jokey from what I remember, but I'd have to look.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 94

Post by S~V~S »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:23 pm @S~V~S & @Epignosis what are y'alls opinions on Marmot?
He’s been open and clear with his thoughts. Have no reason to think he isn’t town.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I really like getting the kill I want on Day 4 so there’s less reeval on day 5
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Wilgy please vote with me we can vote for neon later
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dammit I got distracted.

I'm over at the in laws so I had a timer set up for 10 min ago. I missed it and everything.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Neon I'm sorry
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I didn't mean to straight up lie to you.

That was bad of me.
Image Image Image
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Day 4: I Wanna See My Name in Neon Lights

The cake took another life but it was unsuspected. The town took home leftovers to the carousel factory where they were staying. Some of the German chocolate cheesecake got lodged in Neon's throat. She erupted in a blaze of fire - as everyone knows, Neon and coconut are highly explosive when combined.

Neon has been lynched. She was Denim (vanilla civ).

It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours in this cycle.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Re: Felt Mafia 3 [Night 4]

Post by DrWilgy »

Man.

I can't believe I did that.

I'm so frustrated at myself.

I town read Neon, but wanted to see who'd toss the wagon over.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

"yeah I'm just at the in laws, and don't have much to do, I'll definitely be here for EoD"
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I don't have anything constructive to add. I'm just here making angry nerd noises.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Like this:

Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

The Mafia team includes Marmot and SVS.

I still do not know if this is a logical conclusion, but my gut tells me it is correct.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”