Total votes: 5
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 27

Cosmere Mafia - Warbreaker - [END]

Post by DrWilgy »

Warbreaker

A game for 13 players based on Brandon Sanderson's Warbreaker

9 Civs - Find the threats to town and remove them. You win once all non civilians are removed from the game.
3 Mafia - Deceive and survive the town's hunt. You win once you've hit vote parity.
1 Indy - *Win condition is only known to the Indy*
**Disclaimer!**
This game will contain information/names/concepts from the novel, but will not contain spoilers for the book. I'd think of this more of the aroma you get by walking near the restaurant rather than going inside and seeing the food for yourself. As a fan, I hope I can do these books justice.
On Nalthis, in the Nalthian system of the cosmere, all individuals are born with a single Breath, which can be willingly transferred or given away to another individual. A Breath can be thought of as a soul, or as the manifestation of the 'sixth sense'. A person with no Breaths is called a Drab.

With the threat of Hallandren’s invasion of Idris ever looming, several people have gathered to forestall what could be a great tragedy. Unknown to them, certain malefactors are currently working, and succeeding in raising tensions between the two peoples. Find those responsible and prevent calamity.

Within this game, during the day, players may willingly give all of their breaths to another player. Players who do this should do so by providing a DM to the host.

Certain magical boons will be granted to players with an allotment of breaths.

The first heightening (2 breaths)
Players who achieve the first heightening will be made aware of those who no longer have their breath upon reaching the first heightening.

The second heightening: TOWN (4 breaths)
Town who achieve the second heightening now have the capacity to protect themselves or others from a night kill. Attempting to do so will reduce the submitter's total breaths by one.

The second heightening: MAFIA (4 breaths)
Mafia who achieve the second heightening may choose at night to janitor next yeet as long as they have voted for the person yeeted. If this ability is used, the player will return to having a single breath. Further, if they submit to use this power and their vote does not land on the same player who is yeeted the power will not qualify as being used.

The third heightening (6 breaths)
Players who achieve the third heightening will now resist a nightkill or negative action taken against the player who has achieved the third heightening. If this ability is used, the player will return to having a single breath. Further, if they submit to use this power and a protection does not occur the power will not qualify as being used.

Power roles:

One for Town:
“Lightsong the Bold, the Returned God of Bravery” to the people of Hallandren.
Lightsong will begin the game with 4 breaths and the use of breaths for the second heightening will not decrease their total breaths. Lightsong is immune to poison. If Lightsong gives away their breath, their vote weight will become 0 until a breath is restored. Lastly Lightsong may not accrue more than 4 breaths at a time, excess breaths will be lost.
One for Mafia:
The Mafia Leader
The Mafia Leader will begin the game with 3 breaths. While the Mafia Leader is alive the Mafia are immune to poison.
And the 3p:
“Vasher, a grumpy man in ragged brown clothing. He wields a mysterious black blade.”
Vasher’s win condition will be made known to the player.
Vasher begins the game with 6 breaths and may not give breaths.
Vasher once per game at night may choose give his blade to another player, poisoning them. This power will not qualify as being used if the target is not yeeted by poison in the following end of day cycle.
*Secrets*
Ties will be decided at random.
Yeets will result in a flip, with the exception of a janitorial power being used.
Day/Night cycles are standard Heist 48/24.
Thread will be locked at night.
There will be no hammer enacted for this game.
No BTSC unless indicated otherwise via dm.
No angleshooting/excessive ATE.
  • This includes the use of discussion regarding communication with host and other non players.
Self-Voting will not count
No editing/deleting posts
Off topic discussion should use OT
Non players should use np
Dead players should use dead
Please refrain from using host color. I've called dibs.

Example Vanilla Civ message:
Congrats! You are a vanilla civilian! Eliminate the threats to the town!

**Keep in mind as games I host fall into the realm of experimentation, thus I have attempted to work the numbers to be balanced to the best of my ability, this however does not MEAN that this game is balanced.**

Please feel free to dm me regarding any questions on the setup.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Re: Cosmere Mafia - Warbreaker - [N0]

Post by DrWilgy »

Flavor list:
Blushweaver - The epitome of beauty and often seen in revealing gowns of green and silver, Blushweaver sees herself as the goddess of love and romance. She is determined to see Hallandren improve and takes her role role as a god seriously.

Bluefingers - An older man and servant of the God King's palace, Bluefingers earned his nickname as his fingers seem perpetually stained with blue ink.

Clod - A Lifeless; a corpse reanimated by breath to serve their master's commands, Clod is a skilled warrior maintained by Jewels.

Dedelin - The king of Idris, father of Vivenna, Ridger, Fafen, and Siri. In doing what he believes is the best for his kingdom, Dedelin faces an impossible decision that will determine the fate of Idris.

Denth - An exceptional swordsman dressed in nondescript clothing, Denth is a Mercenary working with Jewels and Tonk Fah.

Hoid - A master storyteller, Hoid is summoned to the Hallandren Court of the Gods by Lightsong the Bold to recount historical tales.

Jewels - A blunt and irritable woman, Jewels maintains the lifeless Clod, restoring the corpse to working order whenever needed.

Lemex - An Idrian merchant living in the capital city of Hallandren, Lemex serves as the chief spy for King Dedelin.

Llarimar - A tall, portly man with spectacles and a calm demeanor, Llarimar serves as the high priest of Lightsong the Bold.

Siri - Third born princess of Idris, her role was that of redundancy. With little expected of her, she spent her days ignoring her tutors and pushing boundaries. While she has the Royal Locks, she has very poor control over them.

Tonk Fah - A man of great size, a capable warrior and extremely strong, Tonk Fah serves as a mercenary alongside Denth and Jewels.

Treledees - High Priest to the God King, he wears ornate clothing and acts with authority. Clever, observant and covert, Treledees is a devoted man and takes his role seriously.

Vivenna - Firstborn princess of Idris, she was raised and trained to be the bride to the Hallandren God King. In strict adherence to Idrian belief, she garbs herself in simple clothing and maintains a strong control of the Royal Locks, keeping her hair a solid black in color.
Please note that all players, even power roles and scum will receive one of these flavor roles as an alias. Flavor roles will be randomized prior to alignments and power roles. Flavor roles will not have any impact upon player alignment and is mostly for fun/fluff.

Minor updates for clarity:
Defining negative action as seen in:
"Players who achieve the third heightening will now resist a nightkill or negative action taken against the player who has achieved the third heightening. If this ability is used, the player will return to having a single breath. Further, if they submit to use this power and a protection does not occur the power will not qualify as being used."
A negative action causes a flip and removal from the game or is an alternate adverse affect. Of what is known in the setup, this includes Poison, becoming the Majority Vote, and the nightkill.

Defining known action resolutions: Submission for breath transference will resolve at EoD, the last submitted request prior to EoD will be the one I act upon naturally. Any hightenings achieved following will be made known to the player as soon as achieved.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Image Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dunya »

hello friends. i'm dunya, as some of you may know, and i'm going to be your super friendly mod for this extra duper cool wilgy game!

if you need to reach me, pm me on the syndicate or shoot me a dm on discord (faster)

dunya
Discord ID: dunia#3479
Click Me
Time Zone: Central European Summer Time (UTC+2)

if you can remember to, please report directly to me rather than using the report post feature, as people with access to those reports are in this game and it presents a risk to game integrity. if you witness anything brewing or someone who needs a possible ear to vent to, even if it isn't you directly, please feel free to privately message me as well and I can interfere or check in with that person. the sooner stuff is addressed, the more smoothly the game runs and more fun everyone can have! and this game is gonna be fun!!

remember, i'm your lifeline when you need someone to vent to. a punching bag. happy to hear and help in any way!

so please respect each other and above all, enjoy the game!!!

p.s. all of TS standard rules and codes of conduct apply to this game:

[Link] Rules and Guidelines on The Syndicate

[Link] A Syndicate Mafia Culture of Respect

p.p.s. If you have game-related queries (setup, role questions, game play, etc.) please contact the Host @DrWilgy as I cannot assist you in that.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Day 1

The city of T'Telir bustled with life as the sun began to set, casting a warm glow over the colorful buildings and winding streets. Emerging from the shadows of an alleyway, Vasher stepped onto the crowded thoroughfare, his ratty cloak rippling in the cool evening breeze. He moved with purpose, feeling the hum of his sword, Nightblood, at his side. His sharp eyes scanned the throng of people as he made his way towards the city's center.

Day 1 has begun. Poll should be functional.

If you wish to give breath to another player, dm me in the discord hub.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Image Image Image
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 211
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Cosmere Mafia - Warbreaker - [Day 1]

Post by robyn »

@DrWilgy is there a post cap
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

lucy wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:10 pm @DrWilgy is there a post cap

There is no post cap limit for this game.
Image Image Image
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

kinky
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Neon here to 500 post every day
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

[VOTE: Lucy] aubergine

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 189

Post by Creature »

There being no postcap is rad.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I signed up for this game days ago and completely forgot about it.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Neon wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:20 pm [VOTE: Lucy] aubergine
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

also i'm gonna bottom post with the highest post count
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Is this gonna be the game Gira rands wolf?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

By the colors! what have we here?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 56

Post by S~V~S »

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:25 pm By the colors! what have we here?
A game where thirteen players are gonna put up a 85 page day one, apparently.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 77

Post by sig »

6th which is basically first
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Three of the non-Creature players who have posted so far are mafia and one of them is independent. Can the independent stand up so I can lynch the other three?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Creature wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:36 pm Three of the non-Creature players who have posted so far are mafia and one of them is independent. Can the independent stand up so I can lynch the other three?
Oh nevermind sig just snuck in.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I’m ready to be the town leader or be permanently behind one or the other (or maybe both?) :noble:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Creature wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:36 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:36 pm Three of the non-Creature players who have posted so far are mafia and one of them is independent. Can the independent stand up so I can lynch the other three?
Oh nevermind sig just snuck in.
:ninja:
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

For those into it, I looked this up, and am a bit confused. Is this a separate series, or a part of Mistborn? I read WOT ages ago and like Sanderson, and would like to see if I like this.

Where would I start?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:38 pm For those into it, I looked this up, and am a bit confused. Is this a separate series, or a part of Mistborn? I read WOT ages ago and like Sanderson, and would like to see if I like this.

Where would I start?
It's part of the Cosmere universe which includes Mistborn as one of the interconnected series, but Warbreaker itself is a standalone novel set on a different planet. It's good!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Basically multiple of his series including Mistborn and the Stormlight Archive have magic systems and lore that interrelate in cool ways as they progress
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:44 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:38 pm For those into it, I looked this up, and am a bit confused. Is this a separate series, or a part of Mistborn? I read WOT ages ago and like Sanderson, and would like to see if I like this.

Where would I start?
It's part of the Cosmere universe which includes Mistborn as one of the interconnected series, but Warbreaker itself is a standalone novel set on a different planet. It's good!
I should have originally put this in green.

So Warbreaker would be a good start? I'll download it. Thanks!
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Oh I didn't know Cosmere was related to Branderson Banderson.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 143

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

First: The mechanics of this game seem weird to me.

Second: I said I would try this game, and I haven't seriously tried while town alignment in years.

Third: I have an exam two days after spring break ends, and last exam I did horrible. If I'm alive till endgame I will be studying for that pretty hard.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I haven't read the mechanics of the game yet.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:59 pm First: The mechanics of this game seem weird to me.

Second: I said I would try this game, and I haven't seriously tried while town alignment in years.

Third: I have an exam two days after spring break ends, and last exam I did horrible. If I'm alive till endgame I will be studying for that pretty hard.
So you’re mafia then? :ponder:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Creature wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:01 pm I haven't read the mechanics of the game yet.
Creatures town entering sheep mode
ImageImage
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

sig wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:02 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:59 pm First: The mechanics of this game seem weird to me.

So you’re mafia then? :ponder:
I’m going to be awful town, so is their any difference

It’s really that I just started to take mafia serious again, I spent a while just not caring
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Wilgy said in the sign up thread that his games can have experimental mechanics. That's kinda why I signed up.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Creature wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:01 pm I haven't read the mechanics of the game yet.
same
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

@Neon why are u voting me
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

lucy wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:10 pm
same
I think it has something to do with breaths.

Every player starts with 1 breath, except the town leader, the mafia leader and the independent who start with at least 4.

Every player can give their breath to someone else.

Players who total 2 breaths get to know which players have 0 breaths.

Players who total 4 breaths get to protect someone (if town) or janitor someone they're voting (if mafia).

Players who total 6 breaths get to protect themselves from any negative action? (I haven't read this one right tbh)
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 69

Post by srceenplay »

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine
Now watch them disappear for the rest of D1 and D2
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:39 pm Self-Voting will not count
This is really funny and definitely not targeted at a few players in this game.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Neon wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:20 pm Neon here to 500 post every day
oh colours no
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

lucy wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:23 pm
Neon wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:20 pm [VOTE: Lucy] aubergine
Correct welcome to the new world order

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:31 pm
Correct. I'm here to ruin lives.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

It's me I'm the independent if by independent you mean vanilla town

ImageImage

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:31 pm
That’s almost longer than the bloody book this is based on
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

I'm sitting here trying to understand mafia mechanics, while also trying to break MU's ban evading rules, and I haven't even began writing an essay due for my comparative governments class

we need more hours in the day
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:49 pm I'm sitting here trying to understand mafia mechanics, while also trying to break MU's ban evading rules, and I haven't even began writing an essay due for my comparative governments class

lol what did you do to get banned on MU
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

sig wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:52 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:49 pm I'm sitting here trying to understand mafia mechanics, while also trying to break MU's ban evading rules, and I haven't even began writing an essay due for my comparative governments class

The answer to the question why I was banned, and the answer to why I'm still banned are completely different

since you want the reason from 5 years ago, post# 101 in the MU ban log.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:54 pm
sig wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:52 pm

The answer to the question why I was banned, and the answer to why I'm still banned are completely different

since you want the reason from 5 years ago, post# 101 in the MU ban log.
I will literally figure out my MU password just to see this multi year old drama
ImageImage
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:53 pm Image
I spent 200 on clothes, razor, shoes today

Still nowhere near my ban evading budget
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Hell I gave Makaze 300 bucks last month because I felt bad for him, dealing with me is a full time job

Return to “Previous Heists”