(host, mod, other)
45%

Total votes: 11
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 122

Re: Muppet Babies - Night 2

Post by DrWilgy »

@Matahari I get this odd feeling that you are keen to push the PoEs promoted by others such as SVS, Kate and I.

You had hardly mentioned Mac in a negative up until this point, but there was a "mistake" a cycle ago that comes to light now?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Matahari »

@Dennis there was a post where Mac was just jokey posting with Sig, and it just looked like an honest mistake. But I thought that it happened after Sig had made his slip, which he claimed was an honest mistake. I don’t have time until the afternoon to go through his posts so I will paraphrase a bit here. Mac said something like this: you can’t guilt me into unvoting me so … yada yada. Like he should have said ‘into unvoting you’. Simple mistake, but weird all the same. Because I worked as a proofreader for four years, I can’t help seeing typos and mistakes. But I just kind of ignore them because it’s not my job to correct someone anymore. Ok, my point was that Mac used some very tricky maneuvers on day 1, first with Neon, who said “I thought you were the one person who would see my town game” ( something like that). In hindsight, her saying that means more now than it did then. It just occurred to me that if Mac was wolf, he may have planted a ‘mistake’ hoping someone would comment, and then create doubt about whether Sig slipped or whether he just made a mistake. I know- I overthink everything and usually come up with zilch. As soon as I’m done babysitting for the day, I’ll find the post, but I hope I’m being clear here. It’s hard when I’m playing avengers with a three year old, to organize my thoughts. I’m just still worried about the things Mac did on day 1, and I want to analyze it a bit more.

@DrWilgy I may be agreeing with the views of others, but I also disagree with some things. If I agree with someone, I still do my own research before committing. I did question Mac and I waited for the explanation post he had said he was going to make. My thoughts at the time were ‘he’s either brave and genius town, or he’s really slippery’. I still am not sure what I think about Mac. I’d like to trust him, but I’m not all the way there. I can see his actions as either affiliation.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Re: Muppet Babies - Day 1

Post by Matahari »

This was the post I was remembering but I couldn’t remember the timing of his post, whether it was before or after Sig’s slip. I kept thinking this followed the slip, but I was wrong. Sig hadn’t even slipped yet, so there is no connection and once again, my over-thinking produced zilch. It did give me a chance to reread Mac though and I’m back to square 1 on him. Sometimes he looked a bit wolfy, and other times I was on the same wavelength he was. :shrug:
MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:29 pm
sig wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:26 pm You know my Mac vote did start off as a joke, but the longer he stays on me for no good reason the less I’m thinking it’s a joke vote and the more I’m thinking it’s a serious one. :ponder:

Having said that I’m much to lazy to actually try to get him voted off this phase :ninja:
Your flaccid attempts to persuade me to unvote me by threatening to maybe scumread me have given me a great deal of humour thank you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 102

Post by S~V~S »

I would be very surprised if Mac was bad. When we had that thing N0/D1 where he dangled bait and I bit, he felt genuine. He listened to what I said, and he let me off his hook. He felt like he was engaging in good faith.

There’s no reason for him to have done that if bad.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:28 pm I would be very surprised if Mac was bad. When we had that thing N0/D1 where he dangled bait and I bit, he felt genuine. He listened to what I said, and he let me off his hook. He felt like he was engaging in good faith.

There’s no reason for him to have done that if bad.
Thank you for that. If I keep playing games, I might eventually become more familiar with player’s town metas, but for now, I’m just having to look at things from an oldie(classic game) pov. I’m struggling a bit here :noble:
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

@DrWilgy does the new way of playing stick to a cycle? Do you not go back and look at whole game behaviors when evaluating a player? Or are people just judged by what they’re doing today?
Sometimes a person can say something early in a game that is reasonably innocent sounding but a few days later, it can look very bad.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Matahari wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:00 pm @DrWilgy does the new way of playing stick to a cycle? Do you not go back and look at whole game behaviors when evaluating a player? Or are people just judged by what they’re doing today?
Sometimes a person can say something early in a game that is reasonably innocent sounding but a few days later, it can look very bad.
I'm not entirely sure what you are asking.

Are you asking if my opinion of you is day to day static? If so no, that would be silly.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Neon 5
Voters: Falcon45ca, Matahari, SixStrings, Dennis

Sig 6
Voters: DrWilgy, Kate, MacDougall, S~V~S, Spacedaisy
Dennis 1
Voters: Neon

Spacedaisy 3
Voters: S~V~S, Matahari, MacDougall

Neon 4
Voters: Falcon45ca, SixStrings, Dennis, DrWilgy
Now that I'm aware of Neon's alignment, I should reassess Falcon, Mata, Six and Dennis. Perhaps I should give Mac more credit for the Sig push too.

I'll reISO and attempt to redigest.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ah, minor correction to Poll 1:
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:32 pm
Neon 5
Voters: Falcon45ca, Matahari, SixStrings, Dennis, Sig

Sig 6
Voters: DrWilgy, Kate, MacDougall, S~V~S, Spacedaisy, Neon
Dennis 1

Spacedaisy 3

Neon 4
Now that I'm aware of Neon's alignment, I should reassess Falcon, Mata, Six and Dennis. Perhaps I should give Mac more credit for the Sig push too.

Image Image Image
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:24 pm
Matahari wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:00 pm @DrWilgy does the new way of playing stick to a cycle? Do you not go back and look at whole game behaviors when evaluating a player? Or are people just judged by what they’re doing today?

Are you asking if my opinion of you is day to day static? If so no, that would be silly.
No, you questioned why I was looking up something from an earlier cycle, when I didn’t mention it during the earlier cycle. That confused me because I’m used to constantly reassessing things from the entire game. So I wasn’t sure what you were meant.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Matahari wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:39 pm

No, you questioned why I was looking up something from an earlier cycle, when I didn’t mention it during the earlier cycle. That confused me because I’m used to constantly reassessing things from the entire game. So I wasn’t sure what you were meant.
Ah, I understand.

When I first read your post on Mac having a mistake, I interpreted this as 'you saw this 'mistake' and are going to go back and find it on re-read now.' Not, 'I'm doing a re-read now and found a mistake I didn't see before.'

The former raising the question 'why is this happening only now?'
Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:52 pm
Matahari wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:39 pm

Ah, I understand.

When I first read your post on Mac having a mistake, I interpreted this as 'you saw this 'mistake' and are going to go back and find it on re-read now.' Not, 'I'm doing a re-read now and found a mistake I didn't see before.'

The former raising the question 'why is this happening only now?'
Oh kinda like what Daisy did?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 145

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:32 pm
Neon 5
Voters: Falcon45ca, Matahari, SixStrings, Dennis

Sig 6
Voters: DrWilgy, Kate, MacDougall, S~V~S, Spacedaisy
Dennis 1

Spacedaisy 3

Neon 4

This doesn't make sense at all. Once sig flipped I couldn't have been with Neon, so there was always at best a Mac w Neon t dichotomy or vice versa. You should have been giving me credit for the sig push prior if you're giving it to me now because there's no world in which I bus sig to save Neon mathematically.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't see any reason to let SixStrings live past day 3. If he's town the wolf will be Wilgy.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Muppet Babies - Day 2

Post by MacDougall »

SixStrings wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:36 pm From what i understand trying to piece this together, We the town, killed Sig spearheaded by Kate. Then in the night cycle, Sig and his partner killed Kate. I most definitely would not kill my wife on my first day, since she brought me into the game. I signed up for this assuming i could watch her posts and figure out what is going on. Since you are trying to figure out if I am good or bad, I thought that would be important to add. Guess I'll have to watch Dennis now. Don"t let me down DenMan.

now I am to look for clues as to who i believe conspired with Sig. Correct?

Any constructive feedback to this post would be greatly appreciated!
I can't get past the idea that this post always comes from a wolf.

1. He's lying in it. There's no way on Earth someone in his position refuses to kill his wife who would find it easiest in reading him.
2. He seems to be implying sig was still around during the night helping make decisions. This is an unusual enough thought that it makes me think it may be true and he doesn't realise it's abnormal.
3. He says he's watching Kate and now Dennis to figure out what's going on but again he hadn't really done that.

The fact Wilgy took one look at this post and said I believe you and townread him makes me sceptical he would have to have tmi to make the read.

He has made 6 posts all game. Yet has managed to cast decisive anti town votes in 33% of his total posts.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:04 pm I don't see any reason to let SixStrings live past day 3. If he's town the wolf will be Wilgy.
I would rather yeet Daisy first, please. I have no reason to think she is town, but i do have reason to think he is. Wilgy is not a wolf, you are not a wolf.

If I am wrong, I will sit down and shut up. But I very seriously don't think I am.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The thing that might be townie in that post is he's assessing himself through an only town bias. His claim he'd never kill Kate because he needs her to help him might be a townslip in that he forgot to consider that perspective may change if he's a lone bad guy.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:04 pm I don't see any reason to let SixStrings live past day 3. If he's town the wolf will be Wilgy.
I would rather yeet Daisy first, please. I have no reason to think she is town, but i do have reason to think he is. Wilgy is not a wolf, you are not a wolf.

If I am wrong, I will sit down and shut up. But I very seriously don't think I am.
What reason do you have to think he is?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:12 pm
S~V~S wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:11 pm

What reason do you have to think he is?
All the reasons you think he is. I don't know him, but I know her. She wheedled him for months to play. She loves mafia. He would not kill her night one on his own, she would NOT think it was funny lol. If sig was still alive, yes. His "plz help me" posts have also seemed genuine to me. I have seen him in the tray, and he seems to spend a lot of time in here for someone not posting much, he's reading. He's just a nub who is playing cause someone else talked him into it, not because he happened on a game and thought it was awesome. You're ascribing mafia mindset logic to him, imo.

And since there is only one baddie left, why tf would he make a decisive vote to yeet a civ? Any one not him is a good thing, lol, if he's bad. He would have voted Dennis for not cleaning his room or summat :haha:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:11 pm The thing that might be townie in that post is he's assessing himself through an only town bias. His claim he'd never kill Kate because he needs her to help him might be a townslip in that he forgot to consider that perspective may change if he's a lone bad guy.
This is what I think to be accurate.

I don't see a fresh wolf saying "I signed up for this assuming i could watch her posts and figure out what is going on." I think that perspective was formed before roles went out and only would change if TMI was obtained.

Like, if it's a gotcha using their fresh face, then fine, w/e, but I still find that unlikely.
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I dunno. If I lost my partner d1 I'd kill the biggest threat to me n1 and him pretending otherwise is weh.

He seems to understand the game well enough to me and is overexplaining to make himself sound less aware.

Also I feel like for sig to die d1 when Neon was a serious option rules out a range of partners. Practically everyone who voted him that was around within the eod period is unlikely. And even those who voted Neon and were around at eod would have been trying more to influence. The only person in the game that makes sense from that perspective is him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Explain the logic in Spacedaisy voting sig when she did plz.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Finders Keepers

The babies were cleaning the playroom and discovered what looked like the famous Lost Jewels of Manha Manha.
Thus began their journey to the Ancient Pyramid of the Kings. Rizzo said he had a map so everyone followed him. Immediately they were all stuck in quicksand but Piggy using her charm managed to talk her way out of the quicksand as it is a sucker for pigs. She then managed to pull everyone out Rizzo was last and screaming he should have been first. Piggy pulled him out but the map fell out. Gonzo grabbed it and realized it was his wish list for Santa. The babies ignored everything Rizzo said or did and soon found their way to the pyramid and returned the Lost Jewels to King Dohoho. Unfortunately Rizzo still tried stealing a piece of the treasure but was caught by Kermit. He was put in permanent time out.
Dennis has left the playroom he was Rizzo.
;)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Muppet Babies - Day 3

Post by MacDougall »

Lol do we still think it isn't SixStrings?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

She voted him three hours before EOD. When I came in it was @ 1 hour before EOD. And it was tied then. It would have been sketch af for her to move the vote at that point. But if you read her posts she left herself an opening to do so.

Explain Radishes moving his vote in GOC. You can’t.

And again, I think you’re ascribing Mafia motives and attitudes he may not have developed as yet.

I’m voting Daisy, and you can vote the nub you think killed his wife and now his son lol.

[VOTE: Daisy] aubergine
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

RIP Dennis. This kind of opens a whole new can of worms.
1- Strings made a nub mistake. I don’t think so but maybe
2- Dennis mentioned possibly moving his vote to Daisy because she was his next suspicion. But he wasn’t really a threat to her.
3- Mac was trying to set Strings up as the next elim. Lol
4- someone took advantage of Mac’s late in the day push against Strings, to make Mac look bad?
What other angles am I missing?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If Daisy kills anyone there but SVS I'd be surprised. If she is making a wifom (I'd never make that kill) move it makes little sense to kill Dennis instead of me there.

I think SixStrings is just having a laugh with his family tbh.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matahari wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:01 pm RIP Dennis. This kind of opens a whole new can of worms.
2- Dennis mentioned possibly moving his vote to Daisy because she was his next suspicion. But he wasn’t really a threat to her.
4- someone took advantage of Mac’s late in the day push against Strings, to make Mac look bad?
Regarding 3. Why would I even need to make a Dennis kill in order to do that? I'd just kill SVS or Daisy and everyone would likely just comply lol.

Also why the hell do I need to set him up anyway? SVS just pushes Daisy over here and SixStrings goes down with ease.

Number 4 sounds like you describing your thought process actually.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Don’t you think if I was NKed everyone (including you) would point right to Daisy?

@Matahari another option would be framing Six as several people seem to think Kate would find being NKed by her husband fun.

I have reason to think everyone in here is town, except Daisy. But my guess is that Six isn’t having much fun anyhow in a thread full of strangers, so imma stop trying to talk people out of it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Another point; if it was anyone but Daisy they would have killed me to frame Daisy.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:20 pm
Matahari wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:01 pm RIP Dennis. This kind of opens a whole new can of worms.
Regarding 3. Why would I even need to make a Dennis kill in order to do that? I'd just kill SVS or Daisy and everyone would likely just comply lol.

Also why the hell do I need to set him up anyway? SVS just pushes Daisy over here and SixStrings goes down with ease.

Number 4 sounds like you describing your thought process actually.
All four points were just my thought process, as in trying to think up what everyone might suggest as reasons for killing Dennis. I lol’d number 3 because I have the feeling you would never be so obvious as to try something like that.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:30 pm Another point; if it was anyone but Daisy they would have killed me to frame Daisy.
This^^

I have a question about mountainous games, if anyone can help me with this. Is there any possibility of an unknown wolf in this game? Like a secret thing where someone becomes mafia if they achieve some goal, or somesuch? I heard about a recent game with a secret wolf, so I didn’t know if that was a possibility in a mountainous game
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@MacDougall what are your thoughts and perspective on SVS?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also @Spacedaisy come back to the thread. Talk to me about whos bad.
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:16 am @MacDougall what are your thoughts and perspective on SVS?
Pretty clearly town. I'll be nomming for a socky if maf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:30 pm Another point; if it was anyone but Daisy they would have killed me to frame Daisy.
Well... I would have yes lol.

Would SixStrings though?

Would have Falcon?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:46 am
Well... I would have yes lol.

Would SixStrings though?

Would have Falcon?
So my hesitation with this is why Dennis.

It's a kill that doesn't change the status quo, implying that the wolf was fine with the trajectory of last cycle.
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Agree with that.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Can be a kill to make neon voters look less sus.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

jeez last wolf here could ez win this I feel
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dennis can also be a kill playing to people who think Six would get a kick out of killing his family (virtually, lol), because that seems to be a thing some people are thinking. Dennis might also have been a person who might have brought some more insight to the thread on Six.

That is my supposition; that Dennis was killed to isolate Six and make him easier to eliminate.

Here's Daisys last post. (I snipped out the spoilered quote on top)
Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:57 am
But I think what my gut reaction to it was that it didn't feel like an accurate description of Dennis. I had done that reading day 1 and when I read this it was like, this doesn't stick right, why doesn't it stick right? I think it just was really different than the impression I had of Dennis. I think I'm falling on the side of giving Dennis a town lean at the moment.

I'm still feeling town lean on Wilgy, I don't know about falcon. I feel pretty comfortable calling Mac town. All the moves look just like his normal civ game to me. Despite thinking SVS is wrong about me, I think her take on Dennis makes me feel like I could say town lean there also so who does that leave in my PoE?

falcon, Mata, Neon, sixstrings

Meh.
Daisy missed the vote. So (and I know everyone doesn't agree) of her POE, Neon was town. I think most if not all of us town read Mata, I town read Falcon, and I think I'm not the only one, his interactions with Neon look so so civ to me. This leaves Six in her POE.

So unless he protests, I think, like I said last night, I doubt he's having a super blast in this game with everyone he knows gone, he might be OK with exiting the game.

I would prefer to yeet Daisy today, but if you insist on Six and he's OK with it, OK. But i sincerely think yeeting Daisy will end the game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Muppet Babies - Day 0

Post by MacDougall »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:37 pm
sig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:26 pm Kinda rich coming from someone who’s made 1 on topic post.
I mean, I did just read most of the relevant posts in a sitting, it can give a little perspective. But I'm just doing the best I can with Day 1, there is never much to go on, but you feel like the best bet to me, all things considered. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.
hard to see this as an interaction that comes after the person with 4 posts votes a partner? like... just why? I just don't see it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I know you don't. But i do.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think sig directly plead with wilgy and svs in clearing ways.

He completely ignored Matahari's existence. Need to check their iso.

Gonna read Falcon for sig interactions.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And "Why"? Becasue someone will see it later and come along and say, "But why would she make this post?" and think she's town. That's why baddies do everything they do.

K, gotta go to work xox
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LOL, it can't be what I think ha ha, nope nope.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:09 am LOL, it can't be what I think ha ha, nope nope.
I'm sorry I just don't think it's Daisy.

I think it's Falcon after reading Falcon and Sig isos.

Sig's Falcon read was generous and without explanation. Falcon's unvote to Neon from sig d1 was poor at the time and then poorly justified in retro as well. He's not been townie.

There's also a key Dennis/Falcon interaction that makes Dennis an option for Falcon to kill.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If it is Daisy I take the L obviously but I just don't think it is. You're entitled to think it is and if it is I don't see her winning f3.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I very strongly doubt sig top posts d1 and completely ignored the existence of his teammate. Matahari probs clear.

SVS and Wilgy are the clearest off spew.

We have 3 chops.

Falcon/Six/Daisy in whatever order imo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think it's Falcon. I think Daisy is least likely of the 3. Meh.

Return to “Previous Hustles”