S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 102

Re: Muppet Babies - Day 1

Post by S~V~S »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:57 am
Spoiler: show
Dennis wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:01 pm

So do you think Mac is trying to discredit town leaders or do you think he's just arrived at this solve? Or are you going for the wombo combo where he's discrediting leaders, which involves pushing his partner, sig?

This last sentence has given too much ambiguity (is that the right word)
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:51 pm
Neon doesn't really believe the read because frankly the idea that she's in need of discrediting makes no sense.

Think about where her mindset was at prior to me outing my real read.

Mac lock town most obvious town in the game.

Aside from that she was doing very little aside from jokingly claiming mafia when pressured and voting you ... because she didn't agree with my read on you. Which isn't a good enough reason to vote but that's not my point.

She was not in a position where I would need to discredit her. The idea that I decided abruptly to switch my read on someone who, if I was mafia and they are town, I have them hoodwinked entirely, doesn't make sense as a move to be discrediting her... in actuality it doesn't make sense as a wolf move at all.

To clarify the reality, Neon tried to pocket me. I let them believe that it had worked so that I could make associative reads. If I did this to a town, me doing that is more in my town meta than scum meta and given Neon had me as so obvious town as to joke about how obvious I was, switching to scumreading me for something like this is not towny at all.

If you (Dennis) were suspicious enough for her to have been able to articulate a reason to suspect you beyond I disagree with Mac hence I'm voting, then I could humour she thinks I'm concerned that she will single handedly get you over, my wolf teammate Dennis. But you and I both know that we are not wolf teammates lol.
Neon wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:31 am I can very easily articulate a reason why I believe Dennis is scum but would you actually listen? Or am I wasting my breath?

Kinda think I'm wasting my breath.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:56 am
I asked you why you were voting him before and you said it was because it's fun, and because you disagree with me.

Given I have already asked, why would you think I'd not be interested?

If you had a real reason, why didn't you say it when I asked the first time?
Neon wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:09 am Right but I didn't think you actually wanted to know. And my vote was initially a pressure vote.

But see since than Dennis has gradually confirmed my suspicions.

I think Dennis' reads are weak. I don't think he actually believes them. I know Dennis is capable of articulate posts describing his PoV as town. I know Dennis is capable of reads with nuance. I've tried to get Dennis to expand and he's flat out refused or said he can't expand which feels fake to me. It feels like Dennis is flowing through the state of the thread and trying to blend in.

For instance his read on kate was weak and followed the general flow of the thread where Kate was being generally TRd.

His vote on me only came after the flow of the thread wrt me switched and multiple people who had been silent in my slot or flat out lying about their read on me started to sus me.

Further Dennis' memey personality helps vacant, flat. Kinda forced when he does do it but almost missing overall. Like I tend to meme less and post less gifs when I'm wolf because I'm aware that it draws undue attention to me and flat out pisses some people off.
Dennis wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:44 am Oh cool you do have reasons

I am never ever confident on D1 about my reads. They will always, and have always come off as hedgy or weak or whatever other synonyms I can't think of. I always feel like I need more time or more posts and I can't come to a conclusion quick so it bothers me when people tell me I'm being hedgy

My read on kate was weak because I'm scared of her lol. I mean yeah I believe I have a pretty good chance of being right but I know what she's capable of as wolf so I'm not full clearing her on D1. I guess what I should have said was "I'm not voting Kate today" or something like that but I for some reason feel like my opinion on Kate specifically had to be out there because of the whole "soul read" thing I think we have

I very rarely vote early in days and I even more rarely vote early D1. I don't know if I even have and my vote on you following thread state is probably a combination of following the people I trust, a sr on you and me thinking "I should probably vote soon". So I guess I am blending a little bit I don't exactly mean to

Shrug emoji to this one, all I can really say is I feel like my personality is showing through MUCH more than my wolf games if you look those through
Neon wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:22 pm Yeah I hate this
Ok I found it. Also, I had to read it multiple times because I was struggling to parse it and I'm wondering now if that wasn't why it was so niggly in my brain. I took it out of nesting so it was easier for me to sort through, mentally.

But I think what my gut reaction to it was that it didn't feel like an accurate description of Dennis. I had done that reading day 1 and when I read this it was like, this doesn't stick right, why doesn't it stick right? I think it just was really different than the impression I had of Dennis. I think I'm falling on the side of giving Dennis a town lean at the moment.

I'm still feeling town lean on Wilgy, I don't know about falcon. I feel pretty comfortable calling Mac town. All the moves look just like his normal civ game to me. Despite thinking SVS is wrong about me, I think her take on Dennis makes me feel like I could say town lean there also so who does that leave in my PoE?

falcon, Mata, Neon, sixstrings

Meh.
My suspicion is also due to the POE. My POE has been reduced to you, lol.

I've decided I think everyone else is town. I came into Day two with Neon bad, you and Mata as question marks, Falcon as a lower case question mark, and everyone else as town. Neon had a very town day, imo. I hope she chooses to fight today, but she needs to do what is best for her. I have had games where I was being miselimmed and I couldn't wait for the EOD so I could have the emotional satisfaction of a good :meany: . Both Falcon and Mata put up excellent townie showings yesterday, I feel pretty good about both of them.

So the combo of the waffles and this, make me say I'll leave my vote where it is.

Now I have to start getting ready for work in 10 minutes and I haven't even looked at my other game.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Muppet Babies - Day 2

Post by S~V~S »

It's kind of freeing being able to defend people without anyone thinking you're teammates.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 222
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

I would live to fight lol I just dunno what to say

The points against me are fair and valid. I can't defend against the truth they are just wrong but they are wrong with good reason.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 95

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Neon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:54 am I would live to fight lol I just dunno what to say

The points against me are fair and valid. I can't defend against the truth they are just wrong but they are wrong with good reason.

You are self voting. Help us solve if you want to live and, more importantly, if you want the town to win
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

I'm trying to help solve... the only way I know how. But I can't solve thru isos and the live content is lacking

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 122

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:15 am [VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
[VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:08 am
[VOTE: mac] aubergine
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:22 am
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Matahari »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:42 am I'm gonna reply to this inline with Pedantic Pink becasue it's prolly closer to reality than Sarcastic Orange. I really miss that we don't really use inline colors anymore.
Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:36 am
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:16 am
Neon wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:41 pm
Neon wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:39 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:36 pm

Would be good though.
Yeah but I'd also have to go live in ISOs and I do not desire to do that.

I probably talked about it when it happened.

If I didn't than like *shrugs* sometimes I don't want to reveal my hand
It isn't helpful to town cohesiveness to be so vehemetly dismissive of a polite request without at least stating why.
*shrugs*
All righty then.

Look, Neon. I was trying to find common ground with you because I found you towny earlier; in my vote post, that's why I voted for sig, not you. But I found it hard to move past your joining sig on his last minute Wilgy Wagon attempt. I have more reasons for thinking many here are good rather than bad. I was hoping we could find some common ground., so i asked you why you townread the two people I am conflicted on.

I was hoping to understand your position, and also help to inform my own, not force you to do something you loathe.

I wish every game had only 11 people in it, lol. And that I know most of them well enough, and there isn't anyone I've never played with, it's so much easier to have actual opinions.

This is where I'm at,

Dennis- town
Dr Wigly- town
falcon45ca- lean town
MacDougall- Town
Matahari- leans someway, could be that I am always paranoid of Matahari. It's not that I disagreed with much of what she's said (and whether or not someone agrees with me isn't AI), it's that I don't particularly understand it. Like this vote post,
Matahari wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:09 pm I made a list of possible teammates while rereading the thread again, and Neon’s name came up more often than Sigs did. Well, she was on one more team than Sig. I’m going to put my vote on her for now, unless something major happens to change my mind.
[VOTE: Neon] aubergine
Neon- lean bad
SixStrings-lean town, but not for reasons of anything he's done. I doubt anyone busses their wife, who is their only teammate, in a game she loves, when they themselves are not very invested. This would not end well for him.
Spacedaisy-leans ???; very smooth well crafted posts. Daisy always feels level and even to me. I will say in rereading her, this felt very wiggly to me, almost as if she was positioning herself to justify a vote for either Neon or Dennis with this post, depending on how the thread played out.
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:06 pm
I feel like there was something between Neon and Dennis that felt off to me, but I can’t remember what. I’ll try to go back to find that after I get done working. I may or may not be back in today, Monday is the day I try to stuff in as much work as I can because it’s the last day of the pay period. I make no promises about my involvement in Tuesday afternoon.
I can see why it would make that impression, but no it was one of the two but I just couldn't remember what it is and I'll have to go back and even see if I can find it again or if it's just lost to deep recesses of my brain where lots of things get swallowed up, like remembering to get into the thread because I've foolishly chosen to play a game.

Reply here got sucked into the prior post. I think if there was something in the back of your mind that might be important, and you were, as you say, forgetful in general, you would go find it.
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:28 am
Neon wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:51 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:49 pm Why would he kill you? You are a necessary miselim?
Because I'm tunneled and I intentionally was trying to make it look like a tunnel I'd never leave to scare him into killing me.

Like Dennis is new. And alone now right.

Nobody is holding his hand telling him who to kill
I don't think Dennis would need his hand held, EXCEPT in the case of who was killed last night. I could 100% visualize Dennis with teammates killing Kate, since there would have been a group discussion around it. I am not so sure I see solo baddie Dennis NKing a Kate who is stalwartly defending him.
Mind meld. I was literally thinking why would Dennis kill Kate when she was defending him? That doesn't look to me like a solo Dennis kill. I think it actually is a better look for him being possible town.

You list Six Strings as one of your POE. Do you also think he might, as a nub that prolly got cajoled and wheedled into this game, and had never played before, as a solo baddie, kill Kate Night One?
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:02 pm
Matahari wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:51 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:15 pm
Matahari wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:10 pm @falcon45ca why would you think it’s hypocritical or gross? Trying to weigh all interpretations and all sides of a situation (basically overthinking) in order to be as fair as possible, doesn’t seem gross to me. Please explain what you think is gross?
So what are your actual reads then?

If you're actually considering all sides of the situation and entertaining the legitimacy of them, then surely you must see how to town there's gonna be the appearance of hypocrisy
My reads will change from day to day, as thread info comes in.
As of right now, I have as probable town: SVS, Dennis, Daisy, and I’m keeping Strings in this group for the time being, even without much info to go on. He’s new and I hope he gets enough time to enjoy playing.
Everyone else is just in a gray area right now. I don’t hardcore suspect anyone but not sure if anyone in this group is town either. I need to see more from them.
Yesterday, I did suspect Neon a bit, but I think maybe I’m just not used to her posting style, and I am trying to be fair. I want to wait a bit and try to see if I can understand her pov.
I also had doubts about Mac towards the end of day 1, but I could also see how a civ might change their mind and try to get people to ‘re-open the case’. I’ve done this before so I need to think on this some more.
At this point, I would really like to see what everyone thinks about everyone.
People I'm Not voting for:

Wilgy, Dennis, Mac, Six

People I Would Need convincing to vote for:

Falcon and Now (ALL NEW!) Matahari

People I could consider pending input:

Daisy, that one post was so well crafted to leave her options open.

And I already voted for Neon, but I'm not married to that. I felt good about her until the end of the day, and the way she went for Dennis overnight. I have to read her and Macs interactions. Also sig interactions, I started doing that this AM, but never finished becasue work (boo hiss).

What are you seeing about Daisy that I am not? That one post I quoted earlier, about Neon and Dennis ... that keeps poking at the back of my mind.
:haha: I love that you call me well crafted and I can't recall what the other word is. You really are obsessing over nothing. I'm a stream of consciousness kind of poster. If I think it, I'm going to post it. If I don't post it, I might forget it. Case in point, I still haven't gone back to see if I can figure out what was niggling at me. It might not even have been anything, I literally can't remember. I don't know if you were around when my brain got sabotaged by my thyroid, but my memory is like swiss cheese these days, But I do love the idea that you think I'm that slick. Once I get done I will go back and look for that thing.

See prior post, I thought the point was important enough to pull it out.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:08 pm Any half assed sig votes that stay there need to be viewed as just likely town given that any of them could have just as easily half assed voted for Neon and achieved significantly better results lol.

There is simply no need to bus.
Mind meld. I think the only vote on there I don't trust is Neon.

Maybe you (and everyone else) need to reread her day yesterday. I think half of what she says is NAI, and the other half doesn't sound even remotely wolfy to me.
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:02 pm @Matahari It's really only those two posts. The one for sig, where she kinda shaded Neon a bit too, to possibly leave her room to move her vote safely should the thread allow later. And her last post, where she thinks theres "something" hinky about Neon v Dennis, but she doesn't quite recall what, in a multi quote post, again leaving room to go either way plausibly. Otherwise, they are pretty level and unassuming.

Super well crafted posts.
If I was setting myself up to move my vote, why didn't I? This makes no sense. I never would have moved to neon because my biggest suspicion of Neon at the time was based on how sig would flip. Why would I vote Neon first? You have some conf bias going on, I have not been excessively waffling.

Because, based on your post times, you did not come back until about an hour before day ended. At that time, it was tied, you asked the hosts how ties were handled, and appear to have left again. The thread was jumping and making a major move like that would have looked supabad imo. Look how much suspish Neon took for it, and as one of the potential yeetees, it would have been understandable from her. So you didn't do it. Sig made a "thanks for nothing" post , and you were gone again. And I came into Day Two SURE Neon was bad, I changed my mind midday, after watching her post, so not sure how that would be "confbias" or whatever jargon. I think you have been waffling, not sure about 'excessively', but definitely waffling.

And it makes sense to me
:noble:

Ok, I'm off to see whatever it was.
Bravo. I feel this post, and I wish I still had the gut/intuition I used to have. I’ve been rereading Kate’s posts and Daisy was in her POE, plus, on day 1, Daisy would still have been considered a low poster. Those two things by themselves are not damning, but in light of your catch, and those two things, I will vote Daisy today. It could change, if something glaring happens.
Stating the obvious, someone was afraid of Kate. Otherwise, why kill her? In rereading her, she didn’t say anyone else was suspicious. There was a casual mention of Mac being a common point in her and Dr. Wilgy’s POEs, and a post saying she was going to ISO Falcon. She never came back with her thoughts on him though. These things don’t look great, it’s still not conclusive of anything, but worth mentioning for possible discussion.
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

Alrighty let's do something with this day

@S~V~S talk to me about Matahari. She seemed pretty towny to me but I am wondering where your doubts are, if I'm correctly remembering that you scumread her

@DrWilgy talk to me about spacedaisy
DrWilgy

Re: Muppet Babies - Night 1

Post by DrWilgy »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:10 pm Daisy ISO re Sig:
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:25 pm
S~V~S wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:54 pm
I’ll dig it up this weekend. It involves dried cranberries and orange liqueur to rehydrate the berries. OMFG it’s awesome. She also made it with dried cherries and Cherry Kijafa.
Orange and cranberry are one of my favorite flavor combinations.
Kate wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:58 pm And what, pray tell, did you have for dessert??
:haha: ice cream actually. Mint chocolate Viennetta.
Dennis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:17 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:26 pm
Dennis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:37 pm Spacedaisy didn't vote either cake OR pie :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Alas, I made the dreadful mistake of eating dinner and spending time with my husband before finishing my catch up.
Nevermind spacedaisy is bad for maintaining real life relationships and not putting our poll about cake and pie first
Sound logic. [VOTE: Daisy] aubergine

Matahari wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:58 am Sherry, I’m sorry to hear your news. My condolences to you and your family.
Proud slanker here. I’m usually pretty quiet during the first two days, but by day 3, I never seem to stop talking.
I’ve played maybe 7 games in the last 6 years that are not classic games, and it still blows my mind the way people throw votes out so early on day 1. I understand that sometimes the votes are just a way to engage a player and get them to talk, but sometimes it’s not. So I’m going to ask a question (hypothetical situation, actually) and I would really like to hear ppl’s thoughts about it. I understand though, if you would prefer not to discuss this, as it might interfere with your personal strategy. Ok, here goes:

The hosts post that there has been a lice outbreak in the nursery/playroom, and everyone has to go home for the day so the room can be decontaminated. Everyone has 1 hour to either vote or abstain. What would you do?

I’d really like to hear what people would do, but again, I understand if you prefer to keep your thought private.
I always struggle at the beginning of games and recently find it really difficult to stay engaged in games. It's why I don't play often anymore, so I feel you on the slanker thing. Also, this was the most creative GTH read request I've ever seen and I love it, lol.

I'm leaning sig or Neon atm.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:25 am You okay? Did you get lost during catch up!
Honestly, not all the great. While the situation with the original anxiety is mostly resolved and life isn't bad, there is a general malaise that hangs on at the moment. My hormones are probably being little bitches and fucking with me, honestly. Also, the Friday-Monday time frame tends to be when I am doing the most work. I've been pretty buried in work files the last couple days. So it's a little of this, little of that. But it's not a great excuse, because it's unfair to the other players and hosts. Sorry.
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:44 am
See I'll murder Sig.

But the thing is that won't clear me either will it because lol Neon busses.

I'm not shielding sig just because I disagree with your Dennis read.

This reads like she knows sigs flip already
Mind meld on this one.
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:52 am
Neon wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:24 pm
See I'll murder Sig.

Hmm... This is a good observation.
Mind meld.
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:11 pm
Isn't that just the normal evolution of a gut read?

Gut > Solid > Tinfoil > Solid?
Mind meld.

Ok so...

MacDougall is my only solid town read atm. That thing he pulled where he put out fake reads to see the reactions is a frequent town maneuver that I've noticed him doing.

I didn't think anything of the supposed slip that Kate was talking about. However, I do think what Neon said is sus. This combined with the fact that sig seemed like he was poking around trying to see what would stick. My only fear here is that sig has frequently got yeeted day 1 over the years for being weird. But I'm going to go with my gut here because he's the one I feel the most scum lean on. Instead of scum hunting, it felt like he spent the day throwing spaghetti at the wall and discrediting Kate for what looked to me like a normal read progression.

[VOTE: sig] aubergine
This is solid. I don't tink it's aligned in the slightest.
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:37 pm
sig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:26 pm Kinda rich coming from someone who’s made 1 on topic post.
I mean, I did just read most of the relevant posts in a sitting, it can give a little perspective. But I'm just doing the best I can with Day 1, there is never much to go on, but you feel like the best bet to me, all things considered. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.
And this isn't theatre
Daisy and Sig are not aligned 98% of the time.
@Dennis already did. I see no reason to reevaluate at this time.
Image Image Image
Dennis
Loan Shark

Re: Muppet Babies - Night 1

Post by Dennis »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:37 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:10 pm Daisy ISO re Sig:
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:25 pm
S~V~S wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:54 pm
I’ll dig it up this weekend. It involves dried cranberries and orange liqueur to rehydrate the berries. OMFG it’s awesome. She also made it with dried cherries and Cherry Kijafa.
Orange and cranberry are one of my favorite flavor combinations.
Kate wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:58 pm And what, pray tell, did you have for dessert??
:haha: ice cream actually. Mint chocolate Viennetta.
Dennis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:17 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:26 pm
Dennis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:37 pm Spacedaisy didn't vote either cake OR pie :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Alas, I made the dreadful mistake of eating dinner and spending time with my husband before finishing my catch up.
Nevermind spacedaisy is bad for maintaining real life relationships and not putting our poll about cake and pie first
Sound logic. [VOTE: Daisy] aubergine

Matahari wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:58 am Sherry, I’m sorry to hear your news. My condolences to you and your family.
Proud slanker here. I’m usually pretty quiet during the first two days, but by day 3, I never seem to stop talking.
I’ve played maybe 7 games in the last 6 years that are not classic games, and it still blows my mind the way people throw votes out so early on day 1. I understand that sometimes the votes are just a way to engage a player and get them to talk, but sometimes it’s not. So I’m going to ask a question (hypothetical situation, actually) and I would really like to hear ppl’s thoughts about it. I understand though, if you would prefer not to discuss this, as it might interfere with your personal strategy. Ok, here goes:

The hosts post that there has been a lice outbreak in the nursery/playroom, and everyone has to go home for the day so the room can be decontaminated. Everyone has 1 hour to either vote or abstain. What would you do?

I’d really like to hear what people would do, but again, I understand if you prefer to keep your thought private.
I always struggle at the beginning of games and recently find it really difficult to stay engaged in games. It's why I don't play often anymore, so I feel you on the slanker thing. Also, this was the most creative GTH read request I've ever seen and I love it, lol.

I'm leaning sig or Neon atm.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:25 am You okay? Did you get lost during catch up!
Honestly, not all the great. While the situation with the original anxiety is mostly resolved and life isn't bad, there is a general malaise that hangs on at the moment. My hormones are probably being little bitches and fucking with me, honestly. Also, the Friday-Monday time frame tends to be when I am doing the most work. I've been pretty buried in work files the last couple days. So it's a little of this, little of that. But it's not a great excuse, because it's unfair to the other players and hosts. Sorry.
See I'll murder Sig.

Mind meld on this one.
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:52 am
Neon wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:24 pm
See I'll murder Sig.

Hmm... This is a good observation.
Mind meld.
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:11 pm
Isn't that just the normal evolution of a gut read?

Gut > Solid > Tinfoil > Solid?
Mind meld.

Ok so...

MacDougall is my only solid town read atm. That thing he pulled where he put out fake reads to see the reactions is a frequent town maneuver that I've noticed him doing.

I didn't think anything of the supposed slip that Kate was talking about. However, I do think what Neon said is sus. This combined with the fact that sig seemed like he was poking around trying to see what would stick. My only fear here is that sig has frequently got yeeted day 1 over the years for being weird. But I'm going to go with my gut here because he's the one I feel the most scum lean on. Instead of scum hunting, it felt like he spent the day throwing spaghetti at the wall and discrediting Kate for what looked to me like a normal read progression.

[VOTE: sig] aubergine
This is solid. I don't tink it's aligned in the slightest.
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:37 pm
sig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:26 pm Kinda rich coming from someone who’s made 1 on topic post.
I mean, I did just read most of the relevant posts in a sitting, it can give a little perspective. But I'm just doing the best I can with Day 1, there is never much to go on, but you feel like the best bet to me, all things considered. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.
And this isn't theatre
Daisy and Sig are not aligned 98% of the time.
@Dennis already did. I see no reason to reevaluate at this time.
Ngl I forgot you did these

Thank you wilgy
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I just reread my previous post and the last sentence was worded badly. To clear it up, what I meant was that I don’t think Kate mentioning Mac or Falcon meant anything bad. Certainly nothing that would make them want to kill her.
But I feel like someone was afraid she would be able to read them. And that is what I hope to see some discussion about.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Matahari wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:48 pm I just reread my previous post and the last sentence was worded badly. To clear it up, what I meant was that I don’t think Kate mentioning Mac or Falcon meant anything bad. Certainly nothing that would make them want to kill her.
But I feel like someone was afraid she would be able to read them. And that is what I hope to see some discussion about.
Kate led the charge on flipping sig, so that undoubtedly played a factor. It made her as lock town as you can possibly get

There's not really a great mystery there IMO
☆Princess Abigail☆

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:39 am
Wtf

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dennis wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:35 pm Alrighty let's do something with this day

@S~V~S talk to me about Matahari. She seemed pretty towny to me but I am wondering where your doubts are, if I'm correctly remembering that you scumread her

@DrWilgy talk to me about spacedaisy
I’m not anymore. She addressed my concerns and has been solvey imo. I reread her and I think she’s town.

@DrWilgy both Daisy and dig are skilled players (I started playing in 2008 or 09, and at that time Daisy was an experienced player) and sig just fooled 40 people for days on end. I think 98% is a wee bit of hyperbole.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:16 pm I'm still pretty sure that the Mac, Neon, Mata PoE is just game winning.

:shrug:
@Neon

Why so shocked?
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Something has been urking me regarding the Kate kill

People are saying I never kill Kate here, cause she was townreading me. But fmpov that is the PERFECT time to kill her in a wolf Dennis world. 1. She's supa obvi town cause she just stomped out sig and 2. It's sooner rather than later that my mafia God mother is gonna be able to catch me, so I get her out of the way then and cement her reads, giving me credit

Unless the way I'm thinking about this is flawed I think the "Dennis doesn't kill Kate here" is a little weird
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:52 pm
Matahari wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:48 pm I just reread my previous post and the last sentence was worded badly. To clear it up, what I meant was that I don’t think Kate mentioning Mac or Falcon meant anything bad. Certainly nothing that would make them want to kill her.
Kate led the charge on flipping sig, so that undoubtedly played a factor. It made her as lock town as you can possibly get

This ^^
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:56 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:39 am
Wtf
Peak human interaction
☆Princess Abigail☆

It was weird... not shocking just weird

ImageImage

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

☆Princess Abigail☆

Vote Falcon

ImageImage

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Dennis wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:00 pm Something has been urking me regarding the Kate kill

People are saying I never kill Kate here, cause she was townreading me. But fmpov that is the PERFECT time to kill her in a wolf Dennis world. 1. She's supa obvi town cause she just stomped out sig and 2. It's sooner rather than later that my mafia God mother is gonna be able to catch me, so I get her out of the way then and cement her reads, giving me credit

Unless the way I'm thinking about this is flawed I think the "Dennis doesn't kill Kate here" is a little weird
Oh I think Maf Dennis kills Kate there... as I & others have pointed out, Kate's push on sig basically cleared her.

Maf can't have cleared, solvey town running amok, regardless of kinship.

I'm sheeping your madre's TR on you
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dennis wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:00 pm Something has been urking me regarding the Kate kill

I think if you had a team 100% you’d kill her. If you were alone, I’m not so sure, especially since she was defending you. But I could be wrong.

Do you want us to tunnel you and yeet you? I’m sure it can be arranged :cloud9:
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Neon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:01 pmVote Falcon
Blatant wolf siding, point to one Maf game where I play like this
☆Princess Abigail☆

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:03 pm

Oh I think Maf Dennis kills Kate there... as I & others have pointed out, Kate's push on sig basically cleared her.

Maf can't have cleared, solvey town running amok, regardless of kinship.

I'm sheeping your madre's TR on you
This... hey I've thought this...

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Well the first part.

I don't get the Dennis and Six never kill Kate right process.

If I'm in a game with my boyfriend and I'm wolf I kill him N1 every single time. He knows me best. He will see through me best. Even if I trick him for the moment he is the most dangerous threat to my game in the long term

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:04 pm
I've seen you mafia like one time lol

ImageImage

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:04 pm

I think if you had a team 100% you’d kill her. If you were alone, I’m not so sure, especially since she was defending you. But I could be wrong.

Do you want us to tunnel you and yeet you? I’m sure it can be arranged :cloud9:
No I'm good thanks for the offer though :)
☆Princess Abigail☆

I usually find you towny when we play together. Not always but usually. Even when you super slank.

I don't feel that right now.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

The Players

Dennis - scummy > I'm tunneled pls solve > still scummy
Dr Wigly - scummy
falcon45ca - scummy
MacDougall - towny
Matahari - towny > towny with self doubt
Neon - town
SixStrings - scummy
Spacedaisy - towny
S~V~S - scummy > towny > scummy > towny

This sucks

ImageImage

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Neon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:07 pm

Then what's so radically different from this game to all my town games that you see as sus?
☆Princess Abigail☆

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:09 pm

Then what's so radically different from this game to all my town games that you see as sus?
I'm not vibing with you like at all...

ImageImage

falcon45ca

Re: Muppet Babies - Day 1

Post by falcon45ca »

Kate wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:48 pm [
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:01 pm Image
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:09 pm The Players

Dr Wigly - scummy
falcon45ca - scummy
MacDougall - towny
Neon - town
SixStrings - scummy
Spacedaisy - towny

This sucks
What's up with wilgz
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Neon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:10 pm

You're gonna have to do better than that, cuz' we didn't vibe during Champs last year either, but I was town & vice versa
☆Princess Abigail☆

Dennis wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:11 pm

Dr Wigly - scummy
falcon45ca - scummy
MacDougall - towny
Neon - town
SixStrings - scummy
Spacedaisy - towny

This sucks
What's up with wilgz
He's not towny?

ImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dr Wigly - scummy
falcon45ca - scummy
MacDougall - towny
Neon - town
SixStrings - scummy
Spacedaisy - towny

This sucks
Calling more than half the cast scummy when there's a single wolf isn't really hunting.

Why are these players scummy in relation to Sig and what's your exact PoE?
Image Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:11 pm
Neon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:10 pm

You're gonna have to do better than that, cuz' we didn't vibe during Champs last year either, but I was town & vice versa
That's true. Very true. But have I been wrong on your town game since? Cause I don't think I have.

ImageImage

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:13 pm

Dr Wigly - scummy
falcon45ca - scummy
MacDougall - towny
Neon - town
SixStrings - scummy
Spacedaisy - towny

This sucks
What's up with wilgz
He's not towny?
But why
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Let us never forget the day young Dennis thought of the word "irked" and thought ..."Nah"
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:01 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:52 pm

This ^^
I should catch up before posting since there is no linki, but I want to say this before I forget. I don’t think Kate was killed because she was obvitown, I think someone she didn’t mention much, or at all, killed her first night, before she would have a chance to read them. Which is why I’m looking at her POE, because they weren’t cleared as town, and there was no real suspicion against them yet. Idk, they were just her gray zone, so maybe one of them thought they needed her gone before she took a hard look at them. This is just how I’m looking at it, it may mean nothing.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:17 pm

Let us never forget the day young Dennis thought of the word "irked" and thought ..."Nah"
I didn't even know there was a correct way to spell it before googling it right now
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Neon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:13 pm

Dr Wigly - scummy
falcon45ca - scummy
MacDougall - towny
Neon - town
SixStrings - scummy
Spacedaisy - towny

This sucks
What's up with wilgz
He's not towny?
I beg to differ. While I do have a mild tinfoil on his slot, he's put in some solid solve work that can't really be ignored re: player ISO's and interactions w/ sig...how do you not see that as towny?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Dennis wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:20 pm

I didn't even know there was a correct way to spell it before googling it right now

No Child Left Behind my a$$...look what they've done to you D-Roc!
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wouldn't have this problem if chatgpt write your posts for you.
Image Image Image
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

:haha: this may be the most polite grammar policing I’ve ever seen
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:31 pm Wouldn't have this problem if chatgpt write your posts for you.

I'm not afraid of SkyNet

Return to “Previous Hustles”