Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Season 10 Champs Practice Game [SIGN-UPS]

Post by Marmot »

Season 10 Champs Practice Game

This is a Practice Game for Mafia Championship Season 10 on Mafia Universe, which will be using the Adapt 6 setup in its qualifiers, the setup is explained below.

This practice game is aimed towards players who have either accepted nominations or a formal invitation to participate in the Championships this season. As such, I'm reserving a spot in this game for each player who has accepted nominations on Syndicate for Champs if they would like to participate, leaving other slots open to anyone who would like to play.

Host Note: I may make adjustments to the setup before the game starts as needed if MU also makes adjustments, if there are any drastic changes, I'll announce them in this thread.

Mechanical Information
  • Mafia flips will only reveal the alignment of the Mafia Player, whereas Town flips will reveal the full role of the Town Player.
  • The game will start on Day 1 (No N0 or D0).
  • Majority elimination will not be enabled during day 1 and is not required at any point for the elimination. Starting on Day 2 and until LYLO, majority will be enabled at 12 hours after SoD. LYLOs are an exception to the majority delay, during which majority will be enabled immediately.
  • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.
  • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
  • If you have a Deadline preference, please post it in this thread when you sign up. I will attempt to utilize a phase deadline that suits all players in the game (as well as my own needs)
  • Thread is locked during Night Phases.
  • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
  • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia faction kill is mandatory.
  • Mafia may communicate at any time.
  • Each individual player may make a maximum of 125 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 1 hour before day end). While I cannot keep players from breaking this post limit, I will announce at the start of each day phase what each player's cumulative post cap is, and it is up to the player to monitor their progress.
  • This game does not have any automation, and as such I will handle actions, vote counts, etc. We will also have a Moderator on Duty (MoD) who will make sure players are following the Syndicate's CoC.
  • Before LYLO, only votes made in the poll will count. I encourage players, in order to best simulate the MU experience, to use the "vote" tags in the thread to call their vote whenever they place/change it.

Setup

Each of the 6 columns from the below table represents a different constituent setup, one of which will be chosen at random and used for the game:

Analyse
Deter
All-round
Protect
Track
6lock
Town Odd Night Tracker

Town Even Night Vanilla Cop

Town 2-shot Doctor

9x Vanilla Town

Mafia 2-shot Watcher

Mafia Roleblocker

Mafia Goon
Town Jack of All Trades

Town 2-shot Roleblocker

Town Odd Night Doctor

9x Vanilla Town

Mafia Roleblocker

Mafia Jack of All Trades

Mafia Goon
Town Jack of All Trades

Town Even Night Vanilla Cop

10x Vanilla Town

Mafia Jack of All Trades

2x Mafia Goon
Town Odd Night Doctor

Town Even Night Jailkeeper

10x Vanilla Town

Mafia 1-shot Jailkeeper

2x Mafia Goon
Town Odd Night Tracker

Town 2-shot Doctor

10x Vanilla Town

Mafia 1-shot Tracker

2x Mafia Goon
Town 2-shot Roleblocker

Town Even Night Jailkeeper

10x Vanilla Town

Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker

2x Mafia Goon

Town Jack of All Trades has 1x Doctor, 1x Motion Detect and 1x Roleblock.

Mafia Jack of All Trades has 1x Role Cop and 1x Roleblock.

Town 2-shot Doctor, Town 2-shot Roleblocker and Mafia Roleblocker are non-consecutive (cannot target the same player two nights in a row). Doctor actions can't self-target.

Mafia flips will only reveal the alignment of the Mafia Player, whereas Town flips will reveal the full role of the Town player.

Detailed Town Role Descriptions
Spoiler: show
Town Role
Description
Vanilla Town The Vanilla Townie has no special powers or night actions. Their only power is their vote and voice during discussions.
Town Doctor (Odd Night or 2-shot) The Town Doctor (either Odd Night or 2-shot) may use the Protection ability on nights when their role is active, which will protect the target from death for that night. This role cannot self-target, and will not explicitly learn whether or not they successfully protected someone. If 2-shot, then this role is Non-consecutive, meaning it cannot target the same player two nights in a row.
Town Jack of All Trades The Town Jack of All Trades, also known as Town JOAT, may use each of the following night abilities once throughout the game: Doctor, Roleblock and Motion Detect. This role may not use multiple abilities on the same night.
  • Doctor will protect the target from death for that night. The Town JOAT cannot self-target with this action, and will not explicitly learn whether or not they successfully protected someone.
  • Roleblock will prevent the target from using their night action. Players will not be informed that they were roleblocked. See "Roleblock & Jailkeep Mechanics" below for further info.
  • Motion Detect will detect motion if the target has either visited someone, or has been visited by someone else. All night actions can be detected, including Mafia's factional kill.
Town Even Night Jailkeeper The Town Even Night Jailkeeper may use the Jailkeeping ability on even numbered nights (night 2, 4, 6, etc), protecting the target from death and prevent the target from using their night action. This role cannot self-target, and will not explicitly learn whether or not they successfully protected someone. Players will not be informed that they were jailkept. See "Roleblock & Jailkeep Mechanics" below for further info.
Town 2-shot Roleblocker The Town 2-shot Roleblocker may use the Roleblock ability on two different nights. This will prevent the target from using their night action. This role is Non-consecutive, meaning it cannot target the same player two nights in a row. Players will not be informed that they were roleblocked. See "Roleblock & Jailkeep Mechanics" below for further info.
Town Odd Night Tracker The Town Odd Night Tracker may use the Tracking ability on odd numbered nights (night 1, 3, 5, etc). This informs them who their target visited on that night, if anyone.
  • If a player who is using multiple night actions on different targets is tracked, the player will be seen visiting all of their targets.
  • If a player using multiple actions on the same target is tracked, they would only be seen visiting the target once.
  • All night actions can be tracked, including the Mafia's factional kill.
Town Even Night Vanilla Cop The Town Even Night Vanilla Cop may use the Vanilla Inspection ability on even numbered nights (night 2, 4, 6, etc). This informs them whether or not their target is Vanilla or not, i.e. whether or not they have powers or modifiers. This means that Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons will appear as "Vanilla", whereas any other roles will appear as "Not Vanilla".

Detailed Mafia Role Descriptions
Mafia Role
Description
Mafia Goon The Mafia Goon, or Vanilla Mafia, is a standard mafia-aligned player with no abilities other than carrying out the factional kill.
Mafia Jack of All Trades The Mafia Jack of All Trades, also known as Mafia JOAT, may use each of the following night abilities once throughout the game: Role Cop and Roleblock. This role may not use multiple abilities on the same night.
  • Role Cop will reveal the target's role and any role modifiers.
  • Roleblock will prevent the target from using their night action. Players will not be informed that they were roleblocked. See "Roleblock & Jailkeep Mechanics" below for further info.
Mafia 1-shot Jailkeeper The Mafia 1-shot Jailkeeper may use the Jailkeeping ability on one night. This will protect the target from death and prevent the target from using their night action. This role cannot self-target, and will not explicitly learn whether or not they successfully protected someone. Players will not be informed that they were jailkept. See "Roleblock & Jailkeep Mechanics" for further info.
Mafia Roleblocker (may be 1-shot) The Mafia Roleblocker (may be 1-shot) may use the Roleblock ability each night, which prevents the target from using their night action. This role is Non-consecutive, meaning it cannot target the same player two nights in a row. Players will not be informed that they were roleblocked. See "Roleblock & Jailkeep Mechanics" below for further info.
Mafia 1-shot Tracker The Mafia Tracker may use the Tracking ability on one night. This informs them who their target visited on that night, if anyone. All night actions can be tracked.
Mafia 2-shot Watcher The Mafia 2-shot Watcher may use the Watch ability on two different nights. This informs them who visited their target on that night, if anyone. If multiple people visit the target, the Watcher will receive multiple names. The Watcher will not learn what type of night action was used on their target, only who visited their target. All night actions can be watched.

Roleblock and Jailkeep Mechanics
  • Players will not be informed that they were roleblocked or jailkept.
  • If an X-shot role or Jack of All Trades role is roleblocked or jailkept while they are using one of their abilities, they will lose that ability shot forever.
  • If 2+ of the same blocking roles (e.g. only Roleblockers or only Jailkeepers) target eachother on the same night, they can all be tracked and watched in this scenario, and should one of them also be carrying out the factional kill in this scenario, the factional kill will be prevented. These same rules also apply to longer loops, e.g. A -> B -> C -> A.
  • If players with Roleblock and Jailkeep abilities target eachother on the same night, roleblock actions will go through whereas the jailkeep actions will not.
  • If an attempted investigative ability (i.e. Track, Watch, Motion Detect, Role Cop or Vanilla Inspection) has been roleblocked or jailkept, the following feedback will be given: "Your action on Player X failed”. Note that this is different to a negative (e.g. no visit) result.
  • If a player has been roleblocked or jailkept, then they cannot be seen by Tracker, Watcher or Motion Detector.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Mafia Championship Practice Game [SIGN-UPS]

Post by Marmot »

Player List
  1. Dennis
  2. DrWilgy
  3. falcon45ca
  4. Kate
  5. Lilypetal
  6. lucy
  7. NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
  8. Neon
  9. Porscha
  10. pyxxy
  11. RondoDimBuckle
  12. Sabiplz
  13. WindwardAway
  14. Seanzie
  15. tutuu

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Re: Season 10 Champs Practice Game [SIGN-UPS]

Post by Marmot »

@DrWilgy
@dunya
@Lilypetal
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
@Porscha
@Sabiplz
@Seanzie

You've all been nominated to represent Syndicate for the MU championship, so I've reserved a slot for you for this game if you want it. Do you want to play?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

@MacDougall @WizKvothe2 I know you've both mentioned interest as well

@Dyslexicon you're cute so I should ping you too

@falcon45ca @Neon hey friendos

@Fatmo you probably want to come spec don't you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

Marmot does this interfere with our retirement plans
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:47 am Marmot does this interfere with our retirement plans
I think I'd be a bad friend if I invited you to a game while simultaneously expecting you to decline, so no it does not.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DrWilgy »

Interesting. Alright.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Sure eod Australian 1pm is best for me
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

I'll play if I'm allowed. Or welcome. Lol
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Kate wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:47 am I'll play if I'm allowed. Or welcome. Lol
Absolutely!! Everyone is invited (except for JaggedJimmyJay)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I expect and hope for this game to be good vibes and competitive at the same time.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

katze
:joy_cat:
Preferred Pronouns: any

Post by katze »

Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:51 am
/in but only if JJJ is also in
😹
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

katze wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:52 am
Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:51 am
/in but only if JJJ is also in
@JaggedJimmyJay

:curtain:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

katze
:joy_cat:
Preferred Pronouns: any

Post by katze »

wait no

even if the novelty of kate and katze being in the same game is kinda funny

im retired!
😹
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

katze wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:55 am wait no

even if the novelty of kate and katze being in the same game is kinda funny

im retired!
I'm hoping to play with you, I've heard a lot about you!
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:52 am I expect and hope for this game to be good vibes and competitive at the same time.
Im totally down for that 😀
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:38 am @DrWilgy
@dunya
@Lilypetal
@Porscha
@Sabiplz
@Seanzie

You've all been nominated to represent Syndicate for the MU championship, so I've reserved a slot for you for this game if you want it. Do you want to play?
I am interested, but I have a few colleagues visiting the 20-25th so don't want to sign up if it starts sooner than like the 24th (and if it starts on the 24th, slank cover for D1)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:02 pm
@dunya
@Lilypetal
@Porscha
@Sabiplz
@Seanzie

I am interested, but I have a few colleagues visiting the 20-25th so don't want to sign up if it starts sooner than like the 24th (and if it starts on the 24th, slank cover for D1)
If signups continue at this rate, I imagine it'll start very soon and before that time, but if you wish, I'll keep your name on the list for now in the event signups slow down.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sabiplz
<3
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

@pyxxy in case webdip wants to use you as a sub for champs 👀
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

@Dennis
@S~V~S
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Nooo I’ll leave this for the people who want to go to the Championship.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:06 pm
@dunya
@Lilypetal
@Porscha
@Sabiplz
@Seanzie

If signups continue at this rate, I imagine it'll start very soon and before that time, but if you wish, I'll keep your name on the list for now in the event signups slow down.
Ehh.. fudge it. In anyways.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

I'd spectate
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:41 am @MacDougall @WizKvothe2 I know you've both mentioned interest as well

@Dyslexicon you're cute so I should ping you too

@falcon45ca @Neon hey friendos

@Fatmo you probably want to come spec don't you.
Ask and you shall recieve
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:17 pmI'd spectate
Just play.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Kate wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:42 pm
Just play.
But I don't waaaannnnaaaq
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Yes me play
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:09 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:06 pm
@dunya
@Lilypetal
@Porscha
@Sabiplz
@Seanzie

Ehh.. fudge it. In anyways.
That's the spirit!
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:41 am @Fatmo you probably want to come spec don't you.
Spec me daddy. You know me so well.
Image Image
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

uwu
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

woooo!!!! this looks fun
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:35 pm
Kate wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:42 pm
Just play.
But I don't waaaannnnaaaq
*angry eyes*
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Just to be sure, are phases 48/24 or something else?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:09 pm Just to be sure, are phases 48/24 or something else?
They're 48/24 with no D0/N0

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by tutuu »

In if theres spot, out if someone reserved hasnt taken it yet or if someone else wants to play
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

tutuu wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:20 am In if theres spot, out if someone reserved hasnt taken it yet or if someone else wants to play
It's all yours tutti!

I'm just waiting to hear back from dunia, but I could probably use one more in the event dunia can't play.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Marmot wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:45 am
tutuu wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:20 am In if theres spot, out if someone reserved hasnt taken it yet or if someone else wants to play
It's all yours tutti!

I'm just waiting to hear back from dunia, but I could probably use one more in the event dunia can't play.
Inb4 Kate begs me to play

If dunya says no I'll join
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:20 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:45 am
It's all yours tutti!

Inb4 Kate begs me to play

If dunya says no I'll join
Squee!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Alright everyone, we have a lineup!! I'll set up the discord hub and we'll get a rand out soon.

@Dennis
@DrWilgy
@falcon45ca
@Kate
@Lilypetal
@lucy
@Neon
@Porscha
@pyxxy
@RondoDimBuckle
@Sabiplz
@Seanzie
@tutuu
@WindwardAway

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Heist Sign-Ups”