Polarized
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Re: Meta Mafia (day 4)

Post by Seanzie »

SixStrings wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:42 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:11 pm
SixStrings wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:22 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:09 am Keep in mind we are in ELO everyone, which means that if even one townie votes wrong or the townies split between two wolves, wolves can stack and win. As such, we really need to coordinate our votes and it is especially important to be around near EoD so we can make sure there aren't any vanity votes. We have a little under 24 hours.
I understand that we need to coordinate. I don't understand ELO, but more importantly your post has flipped my vote as most likely to be wolf from you to splintz. Sadly my game is not all that multi faceted yet. Either you are genuine in your desire to bring town cohesion OR it was a great sales pitch.
ELO means "elim or lose", i.e. we are in a gamestate in which we absolutely MUST flip a wolf today or we insta-lose at EoD (sleep or miselim loses).
thanks for that
I don't think FS is the vote today.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

Okay so I actually just realized this isn't a great idea
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dennis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:42 pm Seanzie I was kidding wait
I just did it so I could take a screenshot for posterity.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:45 pm
Dennis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:42 pm Seanzie I was kidding wait
I just did it so I could take a screenshot for posterity.
Oh I took a screenshot too
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Dennis] aubergine

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Oh well that's not a great vote either
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dennis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:46 pm Oh well that's not a great vote either
You said you needed to spend more time solving in Seanzie/Falcon/Epi. Did you do that?

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

@SixStrings what are your thoughts on Dennis?

SixStrings
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by SixStrings »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:43 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:09 am Keep in mind we are in ELO everyone, which means that if even one townie votes wrong or the townies split between two wolves, wolves can stack and win. As such, we really need to coordinate our votes and it is especially important to be around near EoD so we can make sure there aren't any vanity votes. We have a little under 24 hours.
I understand that we need to coordinate. I don't understand ELO, but more importantly your post has flipped my vote as most likely to be wolf from you to splintz. Sadly my game is not all that multi faceted yet. Either you are genuine in your desire to bring town cohesion OR it was a great sales pitch.
ELO means "elim or lose", i.e. we are in a gamestate in which we absolutely MUST flip a wolf today or we insta-lose at EoD (sleep or miselim loses).
thanks for that
you may be right. the votes are all over the place.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

@falcon45ca @Epignosis @SixStrings @DrWilgy @Dennis You're all voting single-vote wagons 4 hours before EoD in ELO.

This is not an okay thing.

Can you either get in here and make the case for your wagon, or can you coalesce? A single townie voting off-wagon today can lose it for us, so we really need to fix this.

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:47 pm
You said you needed to spend more time solving in Seanzie/Falcon/Epi. Did you do that?
I'm tryin

Epi is confusing the hell out of me with his little popins. At the time I was the top wagon ergo wolves are content with it ergo wolves not really paying attention to the game and think it's pretty much over and I think it's possible that's what's happening there

Falcon does actually look townier the more I think about it because in a w!Falcon world, him talking to me back at start of day where I was convinced I was gonna get chopped just kinda gave me more fighting power and being quieter would benefit him more

Seanzie (woah that's you) has not said much today until like a few hours ago, unless I'm being self centered again. But I kinda just realized your suspicion on me was kinda unexplained save for that one post. Or, maybe it's less a suspicion and more some nerd stuff like "mathematically, Dennis has the most connection and is ergo bad" or whatever and it went over my head. I should have asked you why you suspect me sooner so uh.. what's up with that
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:54 pm @falcon45ca @Epignosis @SixStrings @DrWilgy @Dennis You're all voting single-vote wagons 4 hours before EoD in ELO.

Can you either get in here and make the case for your wagon, or can you coalesce? A single townie voting off-wagon today can lose it for us, so we really need to fix this.
I mean you weeere voting with me (insert rolling eyes emoji here)
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dennis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:56 pm
I'm tryin

Epi is confusing the hell out of me with his little popins. At the time I was the top wagon ergo wolves are content with it ergo wolves not really paying attention to the game and think it's pretty much over and I think it's possible that's what's happening there

Falcon does actually look townier the more I think about it because in a w!Falcon world, him talking to me back at start of day where I was convinced I was gonna get chopped just kinda gave me more fighting power and being quieter would benefit him more

Seanzie (woah that's you) has not said much today until like a few hours ago, unless I'm being self centered again. But I kinda just realized your suspicion on me was kinda unexplained save for that one post. Or, maybe it's less a suspicion and more some nerd stuff like "mathematically, Dennis has the most connection and is ergo bad" or whatever and it went over my head. I should have asked you why you suspect me sooner so uh.. what's up with that
I haven't gotten the feeling that you're genuinely solving. Today your effort has given me some pause, but I am wary that this is just because you feel like you need to or you'd be flipped. Prior to today, the vast majority of your takes have been things like "blah isn't playing like they did in blah", which is easily fakable since you don't really need to be considering someone's alignment to notice differences in their play from one game to the next. Couple that with the fact that you're in pretty much any reasonable team I can put together, makes you IMO the best elim today.

Even this - you said you were going to look into us earlier, but I think if I wouldn't have said anything, you would have never made this post. What is your read of Epi. He is confusing you and wolves are content - does that mean you suspect him?

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dennis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:57 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:54 pm @falcon45ca @Epignosis @SixStrings @DrWilgy @Dennis You're all voting single-vote wagons 4 hours before EoD in ELO.

If Six is mafia, who are their teammates?

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:03 pm
I'm tryin

I haven't gotten the feeling that you're genuinely solving. Today your effort has given me some pause, but I am wary that this is just because you feel like you need to or you'd be flipped. Prior to today, the vast majority of your takes have been things like "blah isn't playing like they did in blah", which is easily fakable since you don't really need to be considering someone's alignment to notice differences in their play from one game to the next. Couple that with the fact that you're in pretty much any reasonable team I can put together, makes you IMO the best elim today.

Even this - you said you were going to look into us earlier, but I think if I wouldn't have said anything, you would have never made this post. What is your read of Epi. He is confusing you and wolves are content - does that mean you suspect him?
The last time I was wolf in a situation like this I said nothing literally all day cuz it was hopeless I wouldn't bother risking putting my teammates at risk with connections for the chance I lived

I probably wouldn't have said anything but I was focusing on you in my lil brain. Probably not today, at least cause I'm not certain on like any of these

Yah I'm suspecting epi, people always have this problem of failing to see what I'm suggesting unless I outright say it but that's neither here nor there
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:06 pm

Epi defending them for just being new immediately jumps to mind

I don't remember many other interactions six has had to be honest, cause I don't think he would be too great at distancing (or know what it is) and I would have to look for people's references to him instead
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dennis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:09 pm
I'm tryin

The last time I was wolf in a situation like this I said nothing literally all day cuz it was hopeless I wouldn't bother risking putting my teammates at risk with connections for the chance I lived

I probably wouldn't have said anything but I was focusing on you in my lil brain. Probably not today, at least cause I'm not certain on like any of these

Yah I'm suspecting epi, people always have this problem of failing to see what I'm suggesting unless I outright say it but that's neither here nor there
What game was that?

If you're town, you should be playing like today is the only day of the game.

It is less that I didn't see what you were suggesting, more that it is good play to get people to commit to specific things. Now if you all the sudden start townreading Epi in a weird way later in the day because they're in thread and you need a vote from them, that would just be outing, but if you didn't actually commit to a read, it is harder to verify/convince others of this since you can claim that you didn't really suspect him and it becomes more subjective.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:13 pm
I'm tryin

What game was that?

It is less that I didn't see what you were suggesting, more that it is good play to get people to commit to specific things. Now if you all the sudden start townreading Epi in a weird way later in the day because they're in thread and you need a vote from them, that would just be outing, but if you didn't actually commit to a read, it is harder to verify/convince others of this since you can claim that you didn't really suspect him and it becomes more subjective.
Scooby-Doo, day 3. I started arguing to protect Kate and them everyone's like "Dennis is an obvious wolf" and then I did not say anything and thread and died with like 9 people on my wagon

(Insert thinking emoji here) i see i see, I guess that makes sense

Maybe I'm just hedgy like in the way I talk and I imply things more than I outright say them
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101

Post by fingersplints »

SixStrings wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:53 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:43 pm
thanks for that
you may be right. the votes are all over the place.
Why aren’t you answering why you are voting for me?
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

[VOTE: SixStings] aubergine
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

There isn’t a hammer this game, right?
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I’m still going six/epi/Dennis for the team
Nothing happened to change my mind this far this day
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Idk someone change my mind if they have better ideas
Gro-oo-ovy
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

fingersplints wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:23 pm There isn’t a hammer this game, right?
no
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dennis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:17 pm
I'm tryin

What game was that?

Scooby-Doo, day 3. I started arguing to protect Kate and them everyone's like "Dennis is an obvious wolf" and then I did not say anything and thread and died with like 9 people on my wagon

Maybe I'm just hedgy like in the way I talk and I imply things more than I outright say them

I looked at Scooby Doo, and I don't think the situation is comparable. There you had well-positioned teammates and it wasn't ELO, so going into anti-spew was the right move there. If today is do-or-die for your team, then your behavior here makes a lot of sense.

Why didn't you follow me onto Epi?

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

fingersplints wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:25 pm

I’m still going six/epi/Dennis for the team
Nothing happened to change my mind this far this day
fingersplints wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:28 pm Idk someone change my mind if they have better ideas
I'm not really ready to commit to a single team since I think it is possible I'm getting fooled somewhere, but yeah, those are the three names I'm most willing to entertain today.

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 102

Post by DrWilgy »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:42 pm But on a more serious note, we actually have to come together here.
Yar.

Re my headspace: I think I need to stop tinfoiling Falcon and that's about it.

Not voting in Splints, Sean, or Falcon.

I should be around later, this weekend has been busy as all hell.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:38 pm

I'm tryin

What game was that?

I looked at Scooby Doo, and I don't think the situation is comparable. There you had well-positioned teammates and it wasn't ELO, so going into anti-spew was the right move there. If today is do-or-die for your team, then your behavior here makes a lot of sense.

Splints joined me on six and I'm still more convinced six is bad
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:49 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:42 pm But on a more serious note, we actually have to come together here.
Yar.

About that...

If there is even the least chance you won't be around for EoD, can you move your vote? A single wrong vote loses us the game if the wolves are around to snipe at EoD.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Yar.

About that...

If there is even the least chance you won't be around for EoD, can you move your vote? A single wrong vote loses us the game if the wolves are around to snipe at EoD.

SixStrings

Post by SixStrings »

Dennis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:56 pm

I'm tryin

What game was that?

Really, convinced to a level that you will stake the game on it? I am town. Ask me anything.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

SixStrings wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:04 pm
Dennis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:56 pm

What game was that?

Really, convinced to a level that you will stake the game on it? I am town. Ask me anything.
What is your read on epi, your current top wagon tie? And if you could explain your vote on fingersplints as well, please
SixStrings

Post by SixStrings »

I have been trying to engage a lot today. it seems to me that the two people pushing today are seanzie and splints. I continue to give you the benefit of the doubt because you sound sincere. I dont know about epi but seanzie is voting for him and why would a wolf vote on another wolf if i am right about seanzie? This is where i am stuck
SixStrings

Post by SixStrings »

I guess i should vote epi in order to save myself, on the off chance i am wrong about seanzie. At least i am certain that i am town
SixStrings

Post by SixStrings »

fingersplints wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:28 pm Idk someone change my mind if they have better ideas
any idea is better than voting me
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

SixStrings wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:23 pm I guess i should vote epi in order to save myself, on the off chance i am wrong about seanzie. At least i am certain that i am town
Do you actually have any takes on me and/or Fingersplints? You've thrown our names around as scum a lot, but never really said why you think this for either of us.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:58 pm
Yar.

About that...

Yar

[VOTE: Dennis] aubergine I still think is the best route today. Literally the only variable that COULD have been W influence on that wagon last cycle was Six.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

And like, if I'm just wrong on my Splints read GG lol
Image Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

@Epignosis Falcon isn't the vote today.

Where is your head at?

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:30 pm
Yar.

About that...

Yar

[VOTE: Dennis] aubergine I still think is the best route today. Literally the only variable that COULD have been W influence on that wagon last cycle was Six.
You should vote six then

Last cycle is Mata, yes? I voted Mata for self pres, I don't really think I had any influence. Unless you meant just wolf votes, in which case I'm town so it would really suck if it was a wolf vote
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:30 pm
Yar.

About that...

Yar

I'm having a hard time parsing the last sentence, can you say that one more time?

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Voting off wagon right now is very much not towny
SixStrings

Post by SixStrings »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:26 pm
SixStrings wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:23 pm I guess i should vote epi in order to save myself, on the off chance i am wrong about seanzie. At least i am certain that i am town
Do you actually have any takes on me and/or Fingersplints? You've thrown our names around as scum a lot, but never really said why you think this for either of us.
Splintz voted me which sparked reciprocity. It seemed to me that Seanzie pushed narrative against my likely town prospects, first dennis and then epi. My vote on epi at the moment is only to save myself . If I can convince dennis and splitz to change we can shift the tide.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

SixStrings wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:05 pm
Splintz voted me which sparked reciprocity. It seemed to me that Seanzie pushed narrative against my likely town prospects, first dennis and then epi. My vote on epi at the moment is only to save myself . If I can convince dennis and splitz to change we can shift the tide.
I voted for you today after you voted for me and ignored when I asked why.
Gro-oo-ovy
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

[VOTE: epignosis] aubergine
SixStrings

Post by SixStrings »

fingersplints wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:09 pm
SixStrings wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:05 pm
I voted for you today after you voted for me and ignored when I asked why.
Sorry if i missed a question. again the primary factor was reciprocity for your raising suspicion on me.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dennis and Six both voting Epi is giving me all sorts of feels.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

I'm not sure what to think, but also I just got invited to a social thing and I'm pretty bad at social stuff so I should probably take them up on it. I'mma try to keep up on what is going on, but likely won't be around much until EoD, if then at all.

Return to “Previous Hustles”