trying to heal

Kick back and relax by discussing anything unrelated to mafia at The Syndicate's Speakeasy.

Moderator: Community Team

tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 4

trying to heal

Post by tutuu »

i'd like to share something i'm very sensitive about in an attempt to heal from it. i'd like to ask that if ur under 18 to please not read, and i'll add a trigger warning for sexual assault
Spoiler: show
i was molested when i was 13. sexual assault via penetration. an older kid at school did it, he was 16. we didn't know each other, he just wanted to do it to someone, saw me, how weak i looked, did it to me in broad daylight in front of my friends. when my "friends" saw this, one of them, the nasty one said "they are f-ggots! run away from them!" and started running and laughing. the other "friend", a very kind hearted one but not particularly bright or an independent thinker followed his suggestion without questioning it and did the same. i haven't told anyone about this irl, i was too terrified that i was weak, i didn't wanna be seen as weak, i blamed myself for not being strong enough to retaliate. the way i coped with it is by blocking the memory out. it helped that i wasn't sexually aware at that age yet, so i didn't actually realize it was a sexual assault, i just winced at the pain and was confused why did he decide to hurt me in that weird place out of all other places he could have picked from. much later on i realized what happened to me and i'm trying a new method to cope with it, by sharing about it, trying remove power from the memory
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: trying to heal

Post by Syn »

<3
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I’m very sorry that this happened to you. You mentioned a couple times you think you were targeted because you looked weak. But you should know that this isn’t a reflection of you, but of your abuser. It’s 100% not your fault, and I think that you aren’t weak at all, but quite strong. I’m always here for support if you ever need to talk about this more. I wish you the best in this healing journey <3
Gro-oo-ovy
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

tutuu wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:29 pm i'd like to share something i'm very sensitive about in an attempt to heal from it. i'd like to ask that if ur under 18 to please not read, and i'll add a trigger warning for sexual assault
i was molested when i was 13. sexual assault via penetration. an older kid at school did it, he was 16. we didn't know each other, he just wanted to do it to someone, saw me, how weak i looked, did it to me in broad daylight in front of my friends. when my "friends" saw this, one of them, the nasty one said "they are f-ggots! run away from them!" and started running and laughing. the other "friend", a very kind hearted one but not particularly bright or an independent thinker followed his suggestion without questioning it and did the same. i haven't told anyone about this irl, i was too terrified that i was weak, i didn't wanna be seen as weak, i blamed myself for not being strong enough to retaliate. the way i coped with it is by blocking the memory out. it helped that i wasn't sexually aware at that age yet, so i didn't actually realize it was a sexual assault, i just winced at the pain and was confused why did he decide to hurt me in that weird place out of all other places he could have picked from. much later on i realized what happened to me and i'm trying a new method to cope with it, by sharing about it, trying remove power from the memory
I wish I could be your real life mommy right now and give you a huge hug. I wish I could take this pain away for you. Today we have a internet mommy/daughter day with movie and popcorn and snuggles.

I am glad you're talking about now and getting some real support.

Love you toooootzzies 😘
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

I love you
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I’m mortified that happened to you. To echo splints, this experience doesn’t mean you are weak and even now you are so strong for sharing. I’m sorry you’ve been holding on to this for so long.

I hope you have a confidant and/or therapist who can also hear this in person to help guide you through the stages of healing for this.
❤️
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Scotty wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:52 amI hope you have a confidant and/or therapist who can also hear this in person to help guide you through the stages of healing for this.
❤️
i live in a small "rural" town with no therapists so i dont have one, the stigma surrounding this is huge here anyway and i'd be scared to go to one. most of the people in my environment don't know the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist, if you told them "i go to a therapist" they'd likely think you are clinically crazy and need medication and maybe go to an asylum in a straight jacket. therapy being normalized is more so a western thing, it still exists to some extent to the east, but its mostly a western concept. its cool though, i have the internet to research on what to do myself

i appreciate everyone else's posts too, i just only responded to this one because i wanted to share my piece about cultural differences. i dont hold any emotional attachment to this difference, im at peace with it, was just sharing info to satisfy curiosity
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i wish you a pain free healing journey, tutuu. it has ups and downs, days where you feel like you've moved on and overcome it and days where it hinders you useless. those days don't define us, but just know that the journey to healing isn't meant to be mess free and fast. it could take as long as it takes, just as long as you're on that journey is all that matters and you are.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

dunya wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:30 pm i wish you a pain free healing journey, tutuu. it has ups and downs, days where you feel like you've moved on and overcome it and days where it hinders you useless. those days don't define us, but just know that the journey to healing isn't meant to be mess free and fast. it could take as long as it takes, just as long as you're on that journey is all that matters and you are.
thank u dodo
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

tutuu wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:29 pm i'd like to share something i'm very sensitive about in an attempt to heal from it. i'd like to ask that if ur under 18 to please not read, and i'll add a trigger warning for sexual assault
Idk if sharing is helping you, but I hope so

Just from experience I've tried a lot, and this step takes some courage. Physical pain sucks, but really nothing else in this world hurts more than memories.

As a kid, I had to endure somethings that hurt in the moment, but the memories have always been the worst part for me.
► Show Spoiler
Many people don't consider me a friend or anything, but I've always been pretty fond of you @tutuu

Live a good life, trust me I know it ain't easy.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:13 pm
Idk if sharing is helping you, but I hope so

Just from experience I've tried a lot, and this step takes some courage. Physical pain sucks, but really nothing else in this world hurts more than memories.

As a kid, I had to endure somethings that hurt in the moment, but the memories have always been the worst part for me.
► Show Spoiler
Many people don't consider me a friend or anything, but I've always been pretty fond of you @tutuu

Live a good life, trust me I know it ain't easy.
thank u doodoo

and thank u syn fs kate porscha scotty (i thanked u earlier too but i feel bad to not mention your names individually too now)

Return to “The Speakeasy”