New Staff!

Want to know what's new at The Syndicate? Check out site-wide announcements here.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 2

New Staff!

Post by Spacedaisy »

We are so excited to announce some additions to the Syndicate staff!

Firstly, our moderators have been stretched a bit thin lately, so we have brought on three new moderators to help out.

@DrWilgy, this years Champs rep and the Syndicate's official Physician* has been making people laugh in games since he started playing here in 2015! His ability to bring levity and playfulness to games, as well as his general ability to interact with people made him an easy choice for the moderators team!

@Dyslexicon came to us from PerC in 2016. Really, who doesn't love Dizzy? They are a phenomenal player, and just the kind of person you see in a player list and it makes you really want to play the game! We are so honored Dizzy has chosen to join the team. :hug:

@Le petit poussin, aka Rask, is pretty new to the Syndicate, but he is well known amongst the wider community as someone who really lines up with our value of respecting others. Unless it's dunya that is, she gets no respect from him. ;) In all seriousness, Rask is a fun dude who we are really glad to have join the team! :fishslap: Fish slap seems a fitting emoji considering the user name ;)

Now for the Admin additions. That's right, we have people coming on board the admin team! We have som upcoming changes that necessitated some additional Admins, so here we go!

@nutella has been a member for... ever? Seriously though, she has been working behind the scenes with some moderation stuff to keep things running smoothly. With some upcoming changes we could use someone on the Admin who is paying attention to things like the calendar and other operational things to keep the site running smoothly. So nutella has agreed to step up into that role. So with great excitement we announce nutella's promotion to that role. :yay:

@Scotty joined us in 2015 and has been making me laugh ever since, and I dare say I'm not the only one. He recently joined the moderators, and we have felt he so vibed with our values and vision for the community that when the time came to move some people up into the admin team over moderation, he was such an easy choice. We offered him the promotion and he kept us waiting with bated breath until he finally agreed! We feel pretty lucky. :fiesta:

Finally, @S~V~S, the one and only, the OG Admin. Back when The Syndicate started the only admins were Tangy and SVS. Life got a bit much and she had to step down, but she returned in the last six months or so, and I couldn't be happier that she has. Upon chatting with her, we've learned that her love for the site remains as it ever was. She was an integral part of building it in it's infancy and we are so happy to have her return to the Admin seat in the season of upcoming change. :SVS:

I have alluded to things changing, and we will bring you more information as that time comes. We're making some structural changes and staffing changes in order to make sure that The Syndicate holds fast to it's vision of being a community that is about respecting fellow players. We never want to get away from that reputation of being a friendly place to play so we are working to ensure that is the case. Please welcome the new staff, give them a pat on the back and maybe a cookie or two. We love them and we are so excited! Welcome to the team guys!

*The Syndicate does not endorse any physician's practice that DrWilgy may or may not have and we do not recommend following his health advice. Also, we cannot be held responsible if he licks you.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Staff!

Post by Syn »

thoughts and prayers
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Spacedaisy »

Syn wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:48 pm thoughts and prayers
:haha:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m JaggedJimmyJay, and I endorse this message.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Such an amazing group to welcome!
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Godspeed admin team. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Yay and congrats to the newly minted admin's and MoD's. Such a great group of people to do nothing but make this site extraordinary <3
;)
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Grats
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Le petit poussin
little bird sh*t
Aka: Raskolnikov, Volfoni

Post by Le petit poussin »

Spacedaisy wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:37 pmLe petit poussin, aka Rask, is pretty new to the Syndicate, but he is well known amongst the wider community as someone who really lines up with our value of respecting others. Unless it's dunya that is, she gets no respect from him. ;) In all seriousness, Rask is a fun dude who we are really glad to have join the team! :fishslap: Fish slap seems a fitting emoji considering the user name ;)[/color]
Tx Daisy!

I've been playing for a long time on various sites (CFC, totalwar.org, Giraffes, mafC, MU, TS, etc...) as Raskolnikov, Volfoni, or Le Petit Poussin. Happy to join and help!
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Announcements”