67%

Total votes: 3
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 208
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Solar System Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Thunal33 »

I hoped I wouldn't be alive for this. I hate lylo.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I definitely want to check my reasoning and take a good look at everyone today. I may have been left alive because my reads were wrong.
ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 206
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

[VOTE: Porscha] aubergine glgl
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Not hammering.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

[VOTE: Porscha] aubergine

Oops, my finger slipped.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The poll is glitching out, but Thunal's vote for Porscha counts. Once the other mafia votes, that's the ballgame. We're going to just call it there and not drag it out.

Porscha was Saturn (town).

The mafia team has won the game! Congratulations to @Thunal33 and @fingersplints.

Roxy was Ganymede, the biggest moon in the Solar System.

Zenon was Neptune.

fingersplints was Eris, and Thunal33 was Pluto -- the neglected dwarf planets beyond the Neptunian orbit.

Thanks for playing, gang.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Re: Solar System Mafia [END]

Whelp

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

GGs

ImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spec/dead chat

We'll keep mafia chat closed.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

GG everyone, it was a fun first game back and all of you were really nice to play with!
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 111

Post by Epignosis »

Appreciate you hosting JJJ. I enjoyed this despite trying to murder everyone but the guilty. :derp:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Ricochet »

Sorry for falling asleep the other night, it wouldn't have changed anything, I was on one mislynch after another.

Happy birthday @Roxy.

GG wolf team.

Bad luck town.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Thanks for keeping it real, y’all! Gg to mafia and well played town!!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I don't do post-game laundry, but can't help with this. Otherwise, I'm mainly sour on myself and it's a chance to reflect if this game is something I enjoy playing anymore or at least playing in the serious fashion that I can't seem to stop doing, against all good judgement.

And I want to make it clear it's an issue of policy - it's clear "who did it" or "who might do it" in this instance, but it's about "any one player would do it".

Snap voting the lylo away, MINUTES into a 48 HOUR window, invalidates the entire concept of an endgame phase and invalidates all the effort put it by other players - including your own.

It doesn't matter if you feel or know you get it right more times than not, that's still a gambler fallacy and it's an affront to waste others' chance to (play for the) win even a single game, let alone make a clear habit out of it.

I will have to drop out of Seven if the hammer mechanic will be in place and/or such players participate. It's not worth the risk. It's not worth 2-3+ weeks of playing.

That's all, cheers.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Ricochet wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:13 am Sorry for falling asleep the other night, it wouldn't have changed anything, I was on one mislynch after another.

Happy birthday @Roxy.

GG wolf team.

Bad luck town.
You played well. You went from PoE by everyone to being the NK in one phase and I did enjoy looking through your ISOs.

Sorry if I pressured you to try more than you had time for btw, that wasn't my intent. I try not to make "they should be more active/try harder" reads even as a wolf.
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:49 am
Ricochet wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:13 am Sorry for falling asleep the other night, it wouldn't have changed anything, I was on one mislynch after another.

Happy birthday @Roxy.

GG wolf team.

Bad luck town.
You played well. You went from PoE by everyone to being the NK in one phase and I did enjoy looking through your ISOs.

Sorry if I pressured you to try more than you had time for btw, that wasn't my intent. I try not to make "they should be more active/try harder" reads even as a wolf.
It's not about how I played (which was the opposite side of well by my own standards, anyway), it's about how much. I know myself, I knew I would kill my braincells with ISOs for 8-10 hours and it doesn't work, I overtoast the analysis and I just burn myself for hours and days, when I could just play Bloodborne or study.

And it was in a game in which the core town values proved to be sheeping, AtE'ing, and gambling the end result. :solitary:

You didn't pressure me into anything, nobody did, I'm doing this to myself, it seems.

30 minutes tops each day, Epig-style, would be the smart playstyle.
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:06 am
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:49 am

Happy birthday @Roxy.

GG wolf team.

Bad luck town.

It's not about how I played (which was the opposite side of well by my own standards, anyway), it's about how much. I know myself, I knew I would kill my braincells with ISOs for 8-10 hours and it doesn't work, I overtoast the analysis and I just burn myself for hours and days, when I could just play Bloodborne or study.

And it was in a game in which the core town values proved to be sheeping, AtE'ing, and gambling the end result. :solitary:

You didn't pressure me into anything, nobody did, I'm doing this to myself, it seems.

30 minutes tops each day, Epig-style, would be the smart playstyle.
This is always tough. I could see how much effort you were poring into the solve, and I know I’ve been in that position so many times where it doesn’t feel like it made a dent and I’ve spent way too long painstakingly poring over the thread. Only to then get killed.

I would agree with what Thunal said- you went from a top suspect to a dangerous town to keep around, so killing you was a result of you playing really well. I’m sorry that you feel like it’s hard to manage your time- in my work I have the same problem- and to be clear, it’s a double edged sword.

Maybe next time you play, keeping an accountabilibuddy or just forcing yourself to hold to a time limit will be a worthwhile attempt? I mean, really forcing. And hopefully that doesn’t sink your enjoyment any less. :shrug:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 165

Post by Porscha »

My disappointment immeasurable.
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Happy birthday @Roxy.

GG wolf team.

Bad luck town.
aww thank you <3

also don't stop playing and deffo :

I cannot wait until we play a game again. :noble:
;)
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 89

Post by fingersplints »

Town played amazing. Just unlucky. I literally thought every day I was going to be the elim and it would be up to thunal, who is an absolute superstar.

I still hate my part in the drama and apologise again. If anyone would like to discuss and evaluate, or continue the conversation, my inbox is open. Mafia is tense and it’s easy to have moments that are too much.

Thank you jay, Scotty, and wilgy for your understanding and compassion.
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Anyone else keen to host an easy mountainous game? I can run another one, but anyone else should have dibs.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

@Roxy
Gro-oo-ovy
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by tutuu »

Host i /in
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

If its 9v2 or 12v3
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tutuu wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:20 pmHost i /in
As in tutuu /in as host or /in as player?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:51 pm
tutuu wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:20 pmHost i /in
As in tutuu /in as host or /in as player?
player sorry
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

@JaggedJimmyJay rox and I have something worked up. You can go first or we can if you want the break. Lmk what fits your schedule
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

fingersplints wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:20 pm @JaggedJimmyJay rox and I have something worked up. You can go first or we can if you want the break. Lmk what fits your schedule
All yours!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

☆Princess Abigail☆

fingersplints wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:51 am Town played amazing. Just unlucky. I literally thought every day I was going to be the elim and it would be up to thunal, who is an absolute superstar.

I still hate my part in the drama and apologise again. If anyone would like to discuss and evaluate, or continue the conversation, my inbox is open. Mafia is tense and it’s easy to have moments that are too much.

I'm really upset about it you can message me if you want but you don't have to I'm trying to just move on

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

But I think i was treated unfairly here.

That's all I'm gonna say publicly.

ImageImage

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Zenon wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:17 am
fingersplints wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:51 am Town played amazing. Just unlucky. I literally thought every day I was going to be the elim and it would be up to thunal, who is an absolute superstar.

I'm really upset about it you can message me if you want but you don't have to I'm trying to just move on
I am messaging you privately. I respect and appreciate your feelings and would like to reach an understanding.
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Thunal33 @fingersplints better late than never. :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Hustles”