Don't Starve Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Okay, once more, and this time with feeling.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Belzy
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
25%
Lime Coke
33%
motobot
17%
Porscha
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
Zenon
No votes
Dragonfly (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
25%

Total votes: 12
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Don't Starve Mafia [Day 4]

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Give me my viking funeral...
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

And just to make this abundantly clear

I THINK JJJ is a wolf

But I KNOW Moto is a wolf and that's why I'm gonna fight for them to die first with every last breath I have because there is a 100% chance moto is a wolf

There's at least a 50% chance JJJ decided to fps

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

As town

ImageImage

RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

pee pee poo poo that is all
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
☆Princess Abigail☆

EoD in 20 minutes nobody here

ImageImage

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 33

Post by Epignosis »

The thread is locked.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Okay, once more, and this time with feeling.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Belzy
No votes

Voters: None

falcon45ca
No votes

JaggedJimmyJay
25%

Voters: Belzy, Lime Coke, falcon45ca

Lime Coke
33%

Voters: Seanzie, JaggedJimmyJay, motobot, Porscha

motobot
17%

Voters: Ricochet, Zenon

Porscha
No votes

Ricochet
No votes

Seanzie
No votes

Zenon
No votes

Dragonfly (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
25%

Voters: Syn, S~V~S, Epignosis

Total votes: 12
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Don't Starve Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Epignosis »

Day 4 Ends

Blame it on the rain.

Lime Coke has been lynched.

WX-78 – The Soulless Automaton

Once during the Day, you may activate System Overload. Doing so will enable you to switch the lynch to the individual of your choice, regardless of the poll. This decision must be submitted to the Host before the poll locks.

You are a civilian.

It is now Night 4. You have until 7pm ET to submit your PMs.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 4 Ends

I guess the bird really was the word.

falcon45ca has been killed.

Wolfgang – The Strongman

As long as your belly is full, you can strongarm someone of your choice each Night to target the person of your choosing.

You are a civilian.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Don't Starve Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Epignosis »

Endgame

I would tell you who won, but I think you already know the answer.

Maxwell's Mafia are the winners.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Cast of Characters

belzy:

Wes – The Silent

Each Night, you blow up a balloon. If you are Night killed, for each balloon you have at death, you will have one “silent” vote to cast in future Day polls. Cast one vote per Day via private message to the Host. If you are lynched, all of your balloons pop and you will get nothing. :frowning:

++++

Creature:

Wilba – The Royal Adventurer

You have pig subjects who give you things. You do not need to pick “flint.” You always have flint.

If you are lynched on an Even Day, you will turn into a Werewilba. Before succumbing to death, you will have one chance that Night to kill someone who voted for you. You are not required to kill anyone.

++++

die_meatbaby:

Wormwood – The Lonesome

Each Odd Night you harvest from your garden. You will receive a vegetable food item that you can keep or donate to someone else.

++++

DrWilgy:

Wilson – The Gentlemen Scientist

You grow a magnificent beard. On Day 4, when it is fully grown, it will protect you from the first attempt on your life, be it by the Day poll or by Night kill.

You are responsible for breaking ties. Each Night, you may submit a list (from most suspicious to least) to the Host. This will determine who perishes in the event of a tied poll the next Day

++++

falcon45ca:

Wolfgang – The Strongman

As long as your belly is full, you can strongarm someone of your choice each Night to target the person of your choosing.

++++

JaggedJimmyJay:

Wigfrid – The Performance Artist

Each Even Night you hunt. You will receive a meat food item that you can keep or donate to someone else.

++++

Lime Coke:

WX-78 – The Soulless Automaton

Once during the Day, you may activate System Overload. Doing so will enable you to switch the lynch to the individual of your choice, regardless of the poll. This decision must be submitted to the Host before the poll locks.

++++

MartinGG99:

Warly – The Culinarian

Create a gourmet dish in your portable crock pot and serve it to someone at Night. Your gourmet dish will reset that person’s hunger to zero.

++++

motobot:

Webber - The Indigestible

Send your family to torment your foes each Night! Your spider infestation blocks your target.

++++

Porscha:

Walani - The Unperturbable

You have a gnarly surfboard. Hit the waves one time at Night and remove yourself from the next poll.

++++

Ricochet:

Wickerbottom – The Librarian

You have written a collection of books. You may give one book to one person each Night. You cannot keep a book to use for yourself, and you must use them in order.

1. The Birds That Fly So High – This will take your target off the poll the next Day.
2. Guidelines for Gathering Resources – This will give your target double what is chosen in the next poll.
3. How to Win Friends and Influence Enemies – You will learn the alignment of the person your target votes for next.

++++

RondoDimBuckle:

Wilbur– The Monkey King

You have a supply of bananas. You do not need to concern yourself with gathering food.

++++

S~V~S:

Wendy – The Bereaved

The person to die Day 1 becomes your ghostly friend (if that person shares your alignment). You gain BTSC. The ghost may continue to post in the thread using an alternate account (“Abigail”) but cannot vote. If you die, the ghost vanishes and cannot participate any further. If the first person to die does not share your alignment, your séance fails, and nothing happens.

++++

Scotty:

Woodie – The Lumberjack

You have an axe named Lucy. You do not need to pick “wood.” You always have wood.

If you are lynched on an Odd Day, you will transform into a Werebeaver. Before succumbing to death, you will have one chance at Night to kill someone who voted for you. You are not required to kill anyone.

++++

Seanzie:

Wagstaff – The Cryptic Founder

You have Role-Goggles. Each Night, you can choose one person whose role you would like to investigate.

++++

tutuu:

Willow – The Firestarter

You have access to a lighter. You have one free light source to burn when you choose. When you use it, you may draw one other person into the light with you. You will gain temporary BTSC during the Night. The light source must be used during the Day so that it will go into effect the following Night.

++++

Vivax:

Wheeler– The Intrepid Explorer

Use your Navigadget each Night to track your target.

++++

Zenon:

Woodlegs – The Pirate Captain

Arr! Use yer telescope matey and spy on those landlubbers! Each Night, you will see who yer target was targeted by! Yar!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Maxwell's Mafia Tricks of the Trade

Maxwell’s Mafia

Have BTSC

Murder. You will be informed regarding who has a light source in use and cannot be killed.

In addition to BTSC, the factional kill, and your individual abilities, you have these team powers at your disposal, none of which can be blocked, tracked, or protected against (unless otherwise noted):

Maxwell’s Door

Each Night, you may send someone through Maxwell’s door. This person will temporarily leave the world, unable to vote for anyone or anything, unable to post, will be off the poll the next Day, and will be unaffected by all actions the following Night. You may use Maxwell’s Door four times, only once per Night, and never against someone who has already traveled through it. Maxwell’s Door will close permanently if victory is within your grasp or if only one of you is alive.

Insanity

If someone has been in the dark for three consecutive Nights, you may inflict insanity on that person. The target will receive a posting restriction that must be adhered to or else his or her vote will not count. Anyone with a Flower Garland is immune to insanity.

Rain

On one occasion, you can make it rain. The rain will last the next Day and Night. No inedible items can be used that phase unless the wielder also has an Umbrella.

Krampus

If someone is naughty and votes for three or more civilians, you may summon Krampus to visit that individual at Night. Krampus will steal any unused items in that person’s possession and run away with them.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Don't Starve Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by Epignosis »

Shortest Job I've ever hosted.

Congratulations to Seanzie, JaggedJimmyJay, motobot, and Porscha. Four phase sweep.

Thank you to Quin and Dyslexicon, my lovely moderators.

Super special thanks goes to Syn, my 24/7 tech support hotline.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Thank you for playing everyone.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Woohoo!

This was one of the weirdest games I have ever played from the standpoint of strategy. Our team took the road less traveled in this one. My teammates were spectacular.

Good game, town, and thanks for the game Epi. I'm stuffed.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 387

Post by tutuu »

gg
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

The sad thing is that I was debating on using my ability to yeet Seanzie in the final hour.

Annnnd I hesitated.

Rough game.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:11 pm The sad thing is that I was debating on using my ability to yeet Seanzie in the final hour.

Annnnd I hesitated.

Rough game.
You were making my eyeball twitch.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:11 pm The sad thing is that I was debating on using my ability to yeet Seanzie in the final hour.

Annnnd I hesitated.

Rough game.
Seanzie had role copped you the previous night, so our entire day was designed around you. We resolved to try to sneak you over the top at the very last second to minimize the probability that you'd use your ability.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Creature »

This game was garbage and unpleasant frankly

The hosts/setup have nothing to do with this though
☆Princess Abigail☆

Unnecessary

GGs I love you all <3 tried our best

ImageImage

Ricochet
Posts in topic: 234

Post by Ricochet »

gg
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 163
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I'm not surprised by this result tbh.

When looking at the whole combo of town compared to who the mafia were, I always think town collapses on itself somewhere there. Not because anyone is bad, but there's just too many differences between players and different effort levels that I don't think many of us were going to connect enough to trust each other anyways. Especially in a closed setup where we might not know what the heck is going on.

My only regret is that I didn't sus the Porscha/Seanzie combo more. I had a preety strong feeling Porscha was mafia but held it back due to the supposed read by Seanzie, as I thought maybe only one wolf between the two. It should've been more obvious to me, but it was not. As for DMB/JJJ, maybe I could've known better, but I wasn't given much reason to think otherwise. Rest of it was excellent play by the mafia. They did a few tricks which took advantage of some stuff that I was simply not expecting, and ended up incurring my suspicions to be delayed to the point where I was silenced till the end of the game.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I can't remember the last time I was a civilian on The Syndicate. I played two games in 2022 and I was mafia in both. This was my first game of 2023.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 163
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I also might be forever biased against the inclusion of vengeful roles lol. It doesn't feel fair if there's a chance that all they have to target is town lol (I'm looking at the d1 scotty wagon). Granted, vengeful MAY do that, but who wants to voluntarily vanilla themselves?
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 80

Post by S~V~S »

Baddies played an awesome game. I was sad I couldn’t have my ghost friend though.

Congrats wolves, gg.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Scotty »

Well played wolves!

So many reasons this went downhill for town. Svs and I both would have gunned for JJJ after we died which might have changed the whole trajectory of this game if we had got our way, but alas, that’s how the cookie crumbles! Mafia did everything they needed to do!

Thanks for the host Epi. I don’t think I’m going to play the actual game tho

Thanks for the game
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Appreciate you.

By the way, hunger only influenced one lynch the entire game- yours. :|
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Annnnd I hesitated.

Rough game.
I was getting that feeling, but we kind of needed to either miselim you, or get you to use up your ability for a later plan.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Annnnd I hesitated.

Rough game.
I was getting that feeling, but we kind of needed to either miselim you, or get you to use up your ability for a later plan.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Good job everyone! I think if we wouldn't have won the way we did, things would have been very different. Jay and Moto were outed, and me and Porscha probably could have been found by endgame, so I think the game was rather close.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Thanks for the host @Epignosis

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:09 pm Appreciate you.

By the way, hunger only influenced one lynch the entire game- yours. :|
Hey, gotta be true to the theme somehow!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

gg
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Belzy
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 149
Aka: Erika (Mafia Cafe), Internet Cupid (MU)

Post by Belzy »

Thanks for hosting, epi. Congratz scum.

Town really needs to learn to cooperate.

Lynching LC with scum outed is a massive WTF.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Oh wait. The wolves lynched LC. Nvm.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

All of town should went for JJJ

Or moto

But we were divided and stubborn
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Zenon was stubborn w/moto

I w/JJJ

Fail
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

It kind of pisses me off how we as town fail to cooperate.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It was a very strange endgame scenario where having a member of our team get caught by a watcher was beneficial to us.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Vivax »

gg maf

Return to “Previous Jobs”