Host/MoD
11%

Total votes: 18
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 4

Smalltown Circus Singups [Full]

Post by LinearPoint »

The circus is coming to a smalltown near you.
Unfortunately there has been some delays on the road.
The circus officially insists they have everything under control, but do they really?
How much can you really trust your fellow circus members you've been traveling with for months?
Years?

Gamenotes:
1) This will be a 12 player smalltown game where the role of every player is public knowledge, but the Mafia and SK are randomly distributed
2) Roles will be assigned using a lottery system, the details on which will be revealed when the game is ready to start after signups have been filled, but the higher your position in the lottery the more likely you are to get the role you want
3) After everyone has chosen a role they will receive their alignment, nobody will know their alignment prior to choosing a role. There are 8 Town, 3 Mafia, and 1 Serial Killer
4) The SK after receiving their alignment can chose to 2 modifiers from bulletproof, strongman, innocent, or ninja
5) Mafia members must give up their normal ability's action to kill
5b) The SK can kill and act at the same time, if they chose Ninja (Tracker/Watcher immunity) the kill will not show up but their normal action will. Likewise if they chose Strongman and get roleblocked their kill will go through but not their normal action.
6) Player alignment will not flip when they die
7) Days will be 48 hrs and nights 24 hrs
8) Mafia will have access to a private chat, only at night, in which living players can communicate in secret

Meet the Circus (Role Cards):
Beast Tamer (2-Shot Trapper)
Clown (Tracker)
Juggler (Indecisive Watcher)
Lawyer (3-Shot Encryptor Neighborizer)
Makeup Artist (Non-Consecutive Poisoner)
Medic (Doctor)
Mime (Roaming Copycat)
Psychic (Coroner)
Ringleader (Doublevoter)
Security (Delayed Cop)
Singer (3-Shot Jailkeeper)
Trapezist (2-Shot Bus Driver)
Spoiler: show
You are the Beast Tamer, a skilled master of controlling even the most ferocious beasts. While there are quite a few differences between a lion and human, a trap works all the same.

Twice at night you may trap a player's room.
A random player who visits them that night will trigger the trap and be killed.
The player who is attacked by your trap is also roleblocked.
You are the Clown, a joke of a circus member. Even still you are great at following someone without them noticing and keeping track of their movements.

Each night you may track a player.
You will know who they visit that night, if anyone.
You are the Juggler, always on the move and really bad at keeping to yourself. Being nosy is just one of your qualities however, skillful note taking also helps significantly.

Each night you may watch a player
You will know who visits them that night, if anyone.
You cannot watch the same player two nights in a row.
You are the Lawyer, cold and cunning you just want to ensure nobody gets sued around here. Still you have a private communication network you maintain that could be helpful.

Thrice during the day you may invite a player to your neighborhood.
While you are alive, all of your neighborhood can talk during the day. If you die the remaining neighbors can still talk, but only at night.
If you are in the Mafia, you do not give the Mafia daychat.
You are the Makeup Artist, in charge of all the makeup products in the circus. Luckily you keep a few special once just in case situations like these appear.

Each night you may poison a player.
Your target will be publicly announced at the start of the next day if they were not healed.
You cannot act the phase after choosing a target even if your poison failed.
You are the Medic, making sure everyone is healthy and in peak physical conditions for the show.

Each night you may heal a player
Your will save them from a single night attack, trap, or poison.
You will prioritize healing them from night attacks and traps before poisonings.
You are the Mime, capable of mimicking just about anyone regardless of how much it annoys them.

Each night you may chose two targets. You will copy the first player's ability on the second player.
You can only copy each player's role once.
If you copy the Lawyer or Ringleader you will be able to use their role for the next day. Additionally, your neighborhood is separate from the Lawyer's and is not encrypted even if you target the Lawyer with it.
Psychic will give you the alignments of whoever dies that night as well as lynched or poisoned the next day.
You cannot chose to copy the action of the Trapezist.
You are the Psychic, using your crystal ball to glimpse at the intentions of the afterlife.

Whenever a player is killed or lynched you will know their alignment.
You are the Ringleader, in charge of keeping everyone in line. So far perhaps that is not going as planned, but at least they still look up to you for now.

Your vote counts for two.
In the event votes are tied between two players, your vote is given priority for who is lynched.
You are the Secruity, while you may not be allowed to carry a gun you can still pretend to be a real cop and snoop on everyone figuring out lose threads connecting them in your mind.

Each night you may check a player.
You will know their alignment. however, your results are delayed until the end of the following day..
You are the Singer, entertaining the masses with your unrivaled charm. You should be able to keep anyone busy and distracted all night long.

Thrice at night you may roleblock and heal a player.
They will be prevented from using their action or killing that night.
Your will also save them from a single night attack or poison.
You will prioritize healing them from night attacks before poisonings.
You are the Trapezist, swinging through the air in breathtaking acrobatics. You also know that the nameplates above everyone's door can easily be switched and fool just about anyone. Though you got to keep your secrets to yourself right?

Twice at night you may swap two players.
Anyone targeting player A will target player B and everyone targeting player B will target player A instead.

Alignments:
You are Town. You win when the Mafia and Serial Killer have been killed.
You are Mafia. You win when the Mafia has equal numbers with the Town and the Serial Killer has been killed.

Your allies are [X] the [X-Role] and [Y] the [Y-Role].
You are the Serial Killer. You win if you are alive when there is fewer than 3 living players.

You may chose before the start of night 1 two of the following modifiers.
Bulletproof - You are shielded from the first attack or poison against you.
Ninja - Tracker and Watcher will not see your kills.
Strongman - Your kills cannot be stopped or changed by any other roles.
Innocent - You appear as Town to the Cop and Coroner.
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Re: Smalltown Circus Singups

Post by LinearPoint »

As a reminder in case anyone skipped over reading the game notes, this game uses less common game mechanics explained bellow.

1) Every player's role will be public knowledge that will be shown in the game's OP and announced at the stat of Day 1.
2) Players will get to pick their role in a lottery system, this system will be explained only after signups have concluded. This is intended to allow more players to play something they will enjoy since random role assignment it not integral to the game format's balance.
3) Player alignment is not shown on death. If the game does not end after a lynch or night kill, that means that no win conditions have been met.
ImageImage
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syn »

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sure I'll bite. I've played smalltown games twice before on FOL, fun little mechanical challenge.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Smalltown hell yeah I love smalltown
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

You know what, sure.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I want this to start
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

In
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Smalltown Circus Singups [2 OPEN]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Just two more to get this show on the road.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Loan Shark

Re: Smalltown Circus Singups [3 OPEN]

Post by 112 »

/in
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

112 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:54 pm/in

we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
dokidoki
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dokidoki »

What are the mechanics of the wolf BTSC?

I'm in either way
oki doki! :cloud9:

Not a new player
☆Princess Abigail☆
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

This is probs my last game of mafia for...a time.

Someone fill plssss
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

dokidoki wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:27 pm What are the mechanics of the wolf BTSC?

I'm in either way
Sorry I guess that might not have been immediately clear since it was mentioned offhandedly in the neighborizer's role card, plus I forgot to put it in the gamenotes, but wolf chat is only open during the nighttime.
The only daychat will be through the neighborizer's neighborhood so long as the neighborizer is alive. If they die at any point the neighborhood will also become nighttime only.

All chats are going to be conducted through Discord though. No chats will be shared after the game ends unless all players in the chat agree to it.
For all chats each phase will be a separate channel that becomes read only when the phase ends. New players to the Neighborhood will not be able to view past day/night chats but will know all members dead or alive.
Once dead you can still read any chat you are apart of, but cannot post in it.
ImageImage
dokidoki

Re: Smalltown Circus Singups [1 OPEN]

Post by dokidoki »

oki doki! Will this run after filled or at a certain date?

Not a new player
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

dokidoki wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:29 am oki doki! Will this run after filled or at a certain date?
The plan is to start when it fills since there is a pregame that might take some time depending on how fast we can get through it.
So the actual start of day 1 will be some time will be delayed from that point.
ImageImage
dokidoki

Post by dokidoki »

@tutuu You should play! I want to play with you! ^_^

Not a new player
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:57 pm
112 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:54 pm/in

I deem this ample.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

If this doesn't fill (i.e. one more /in and no more outs) in the next few days I'll have to out

simply because I'd rather not have to deal with a 2nd mafia game towards the 2nd-to-last and last week of august
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DrWilgy »

It is done.

Moving to ./in.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?

Return to “Previous Job Sign-Ups”