The Emperor's Soul [D5]

Moderator: Community Team

Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D1]

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:00 am Falcon is by default low, and thunal and epi are a bit lower than the rest, but I still wouldn't consider them scumreads. Everyone else has been pretty solid so far.
Why is Falcon by default low?

Going through Nut/Epi interactions now.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D5]

Post by nutella »

He'd had almost zero presence at that point
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:29 pm also it's likely relevant that scotty heavily pushed thunal earlier in the game and if i died and he was in f3 with her he'd be the most inclined to get there
w!me would very likely not kill Scotty after he said this:
Scotty wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:28 pm Anyway, would like everyone to check in. I feel like nothing has changed since yesterday in my reads, except that I am VERY confident mafia voted for Syn. Which rules out thunal
I have a similar worry with you. Scotty called Falcon towny near EoD so I'm wondering if you'd be more likely to make that kill than Falcon.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D4]

Post by Thunal33 »

I also need to think about who silenced me after Epi died. The end of that phase I was suspecting Syn the most, had Falcon in my PoE, and townread Nutella. Falcon would have more reason to fear my reads and would be a more straightforward silence, but Nutella could do it because I suspected her d1 and have some rep as a good townie.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Nutella's side of nut/Epi interactions:

nutella wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:37 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:52 pm Well okay. Shit. I am a moron.
Ahahahahahaha
nutella wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:39 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:06 pm
Thunal is my partner.
I believe this
nutella wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:40 pm Ah yes epi thunal falcon and marmot are the two mafia. Amazing what you can do in a fantasy setting
I’m a bit paranoid that Nutella felt like she had to respond to Epi’s vote lock and him calling me his partner, and calling all of epi/me/falcon/marmot mafia feels like a response she thought about.
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:00 am Falcon is by default low, and thunal and epi are a bit lower than the rest, but I still wouldn't consider them scumreads. Everyone else has been pretty solid so far.
Calls me/Epi lower than the rest.
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:52 pm Would not vote:
Syn
Seanzie
Scotty
Marmot

Somewhere in between / no firm stance:
Thunal
Dyslexicon
SVS
Epignosis

Would vote:
Lime Coke
Falcon
Rico
Then has 3 other people below Epi.
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:11 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:11 am Just kidding. I have posts to burn.

It was this post:
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:56 pm Town brad is loud about his reads and makes it clear that they have reasons even if they're silly reasons. Lime's approach to me here was to simply ignore the request for any actual reasoning after I pointed out that his reasoning was nonsensical. People other than me might just not notice what he was doing as so egregious, but from where I'm sitting it sure felt like he made up justifications for his readlist and had no vested interest in backing them up when prompted. He was flippant, and flippancy does not always necessarily equal wolfiness, but I cannot locate a town motivation for his behavior.
There's so much "BURY THIS GUY (but but but)."

I think nutella is looking for an easy mark (no offense, Lime Coke)
I have a read. It may be wrong. I am pursuing it.
Slight good look imo, trying to tell off Epi.
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:18 am Lol lame. Next time just be towny instead of outing.

I wouldn't mind Epi getting some heat since he's just chosen to be annoying as well.
Not a good look. It reminds me of how Belzy distanced from Wilgy in Sesame Street by calling him annoying.
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:21 am Nope, done with that. You could have done that all differently, it was your choice.

Move on. There's probably a hit in Epi vs Dizzy?
Not really liking nutella floating two names instead of just Epi.
nutella wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:47 pm Y'all should have voted Epi. Perhaps we should do that today in honor of Dizzy.
“Perhaps”, not providing a case.
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:11 pm
Syn wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:49 am alright it's cool

epignosis seems like a fine wagon

i would also like thunal to be one
I'm once again feeling like everyone else is crazy for not tunneling Scotty right now. And this time I can't be proven wrong with a pr claim.
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:14 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:19 am Also he just sat on the sidelines when nutella and Lime Coke were going at it.
This is still the thing about Epi that most makes me want to vote him. He was being snarky at me in a way I think could easily have come from TMI on Lime being town.

He's also compatible with Scotty.
Epi is the second suspect again. Slightly bad look.
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:55 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:51 pm it feels like you're just ignoring the things that make Nutella towny and it's not a good look
Yeah, this is a significant problem I have with Epi along with his attitude during my fight with Lime. He's cherry picking. While I'm tunneling Scotty a bit rn, I'm still trying to consider all sides, and have been examining other candidates. Epi has maintained a very unilateral and narrow focus just hopping into the thread now and then without really engaging in any meaningful depth.
This is a fine look.
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:33 pm I can still be convinced to vote Epi. Because I guess he could fit with either you or Thunal and I take issue with him independently. But I'm really having a hard time seeing your pov on the pr/thunal/dizzy stuff as pure rn.
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:42 pm Syn

Falcon
SVS
Marmot

Thunal
Rico
Scotty
Epi
Epi below Scotty, slightly good.
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:02 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:59 pm
Scotty/Epi partners? He pays some lip service to a me/Epi team but as soon as Marmot votes Epi, he immediately votes me. I very easily could see this as trying to save Epi.
A bit on the nose, but yes I think they could easily be partners.

I'm leaning back to wanting to vote Epi a little more.
Wants to vote Epi now.
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:28 pm Prediction: Epi will simply point and laugh at my quick flip-flop on Scotty and berate me for hedging again.
I’m a little paranoid about this because it’s kind of unnecessary attention on Epi. I can’t fully put it into words.
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:11 pm I'm 99% voting for epi
This in itself is a good look.
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:34 pm
Don't tell anyone but I'm actually considering Thunal as a somewhat more likely hit at the moment. I will let Epi finish and see what he does but I'm not as locked into him as I was.
This was after Epi came back.
nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:30 pm Zzzzzzz

Nope

[VOTE: Thunal] aubergine

Sorry not sorry, I'm feeling this
And here’s the vote. There’s not much reason on why she’s actually feeling this other than that me and SVS are teamed. I think her turnaround on me was bad. The vote was telegraphed but I’m not sold on her believing it.
nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:45 pm
Syn wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:43 pm
I have been town-reading SVS but this EOD and now Thunal's response makes a lot of sense with this world
I've been thinking it for a while now. SVS has been gradually-subtly-but-now-not-so-subtly steering away from a Thunal yeet while putting on a feigned nonchalance. Idk how else to explain it but I think that most of her posts from today fit with this agenda.
SVS hard defended me the whole game. I don’t think this representation is accurate.
nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:18 pm I don't like this reaction from either of you. I can only be convinced by a flip at this point. Sorry.
Now Nut’s very confident on me/SVS. Nut would be playing in a risky way as w by turning around the read so completely.
nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:25 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:21 pm
Did you actually read and think about the points I made?
Yes. I can still easily see it either way. It's confbias speaking but I have a hard time taking that type of self town case in this circumstance seriously and instead it feels like you had it a little too prepared. If it's genuine and just a skill issue at reading your personal tone, I'm sorry, but my vote is locked in and the associations between you and SVS have that puzzle pieces fitting feeling for me rn.
Softens her confidence a bit after my town case.
nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:27 pm I will say I didn't understand that Epi comment either lol.

Perhaps my lone regret in voting you is letting him be in the game another day (and obv I'll feel dumb if my change of heart was wrong)
Ehhh there wasn’t a lot of suspecting Epi she did right before this, it was all me/SVS. This feels out of place and stronger than the suspicion she actually had.
nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:35 pm Epi is certainly dead weight if town and yes I will feel silly if it was him after all, and I still won't complain if he ends up going over. It just also feels like the easy option and while yes sometimes it is the easy option it has not felt to me today like it is and I had to follow the hunch that has been building up.
She still suspects me now.
nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:43 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:39 pm Syn - Purple
Syn wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:56 pm i for one won't be making her answer for anything uwu

okay epi/syn is possible lol fuck
Here’s where she started changing her mind, and it was in response to my stuff. I think going back and checking then thinking it’s possible is plausible for town Nut.
nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:52 pm Vote epi because I've been wrong on everything except when I've been right and changed my mind. :ninja:
Then she more fully changes her mind. I think it's a slightly bad look that there's no real case on Epi after her switch.
nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:53 pm Also I'll probably feel less bad on an Epi town flip than on a Thunal town flip. I just....would prefer a mafia flip of either one :meany:
Slightly good thought.

I feel annoyed that I hadn't reevaluated on Nut until today. There are a few interactions that make me think it might be her. The post about her thinking her only regret voting me is that it lets Epi live feels like a cred grab before Epi even flips when she hadn't suspected Epi recently. The d1 stuff calling Epi annoying and her response to Epi calling me his partner that just feels like she spent time thinking of that are not a great look.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Thunal33 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:58 am I think Epi probably didn't know votes were locked. If Epi is mafia that faked not knowing votes were locked, what's his plan? To vote me, making his vote unavailable for anyone else later, and to risk it being seen as performative? I don't think it's a very good plan. I do have some paranoia after Belzy's snipe on me in Sesame Street, but I don't really think it's like that because he could easily have just voted me later.
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:08 am
nutella wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:39 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:06 pm
Thunal is my partner.
I believe this
nutella wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:40 pm Ah yes epi thunal falcon and marmot are the two mafia. Amazing what you can do in a fantasy setting
This pings me somewhat. Instead of trying to read around Epi's vote on me, Nutella brushes it off in a way that feels wolfy. Like she's keeping the option open to sus me and Epi but doesn't want to actually state a scumread on either of us.

Scotty is town. Accusing Epi of faking it is one of those things that's easier for a townie to think of.

I alludes to these quotes earlier and don't have as much time for iso diving but everything about thunals progression on me is just very convenient. And the scotty kill just fits most with her. There is actually no reason she has to be town here and I think much of the game makes a lot of sense with her being epi's partner. I also just think falcon has passed his bar of townieness plenty of times despite some rocky associations. @falcon45ca I hope it will be clear from my iso that i was never teamed with epi here and was onto both wolves at multiple times with my natural flipfloppy progressions. I leave it to you to find me and make the right choice.

[VOTE: thunal] aubergine
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 115

Post by falcon45ca »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:43 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:23 pm I think it's rand townie that nutella has so many townleans right off the bat, but why are Rico and I not in that camp?
How can you as a math person say rand when you mean >rand?

Nutella and Scotty can have my first townleans.

So, going thru your ISO, this strikes me as your first 'solvey' post.

Your early stuff felt light & natural, getting to know you chit chat, and this feels like town who've got their eye out for sus
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Thunal had tmi on me in the midgame and tried to pocket me by locking me more town than other people were. Now she is turning a case on me because she has to. Falcon, I recognize you've had some concerns about me but this is clearly my town game and i hope my perspectives come through to you
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:53 am
Thunal33 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:43 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:23 pm I think it's rand townie that nutella has so many townleans right off the bat, but why are Rico and I not in that camp?
How can you as a math person say rand when you mean >rand?

Nutella and Scotty can have my first townleans.

So, going thru your ISO, this strikes me as your first 'solvey' post.

Your early stuff felt light & natural, getting to know you chit chat, and this feels like town who've got their eye out for sus
I disagree I thought her chit chat was quite awkward. And she's very adept at faking simple early reads
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also I encourage looking back at the reasons scotty and i were confident thunal was going to be a hit in the midgame/on the day we had w/w wagons if it's her. I'm confident this is the solve
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

nutella wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:53 am Thunal had tmi on me in the midgame and tried to pocket me by locking me more town than other people were. Now she is turning a case on me because she has to. Falcon, I recognize you've had some concerns about me but this is clearly my town game and i hope my perspectives come through to you

I'm not rushing into this, I've fucked up enough votes. I'm going to go thru each of your ISO's looking for what I find towny, and go from there.

I'm here for discussion whenever, gotta couple things going on today, but I'll be around
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine

At least I was getting there but now I really wish I hadn't miscleared her. I'll explain in detail why I'm town.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I also hate to invoke this kind of defense but I don't think I'd make it this far with this many townreads as wolf. Multiple players trusted me and i hope you take their reads into account too. Thunal is a much more capable wolf and has made herself appear solvy but it all fits her win con
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

At least i now know it's not falcon and i got to the correct solve. Well played thunal
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

One big thing is I would only bus Epi as a last resort as w, not vote him halfway through the day. In my two wolfgames since I returned I really tried to win with my team. I posted in se7en wolf chat that I wanted to get rid of the bussing meta I had in 2021. SVS and Scotty would know that, but they're both dead.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Also, yeah I'm awkward. If I had a nickel for the number of times I've been wrongly scumread for my early tone I'd be rich. Nutella's played enough with me to know that too.
ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Thunal33 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:58 am I think Epi probably didn't know votes were locked. If Epi is mafia that faked not knowing votes were locked, what's his plan? To vote me, making his vote unavailable for anyone else later, and to risk it being seen as performative? I don't think it's a very good plan. I do have some paranoia after Belzy's snipe on me in Sesame Street, but I don't really think it's like that because he could easily have just voted me later.

Hmmmm
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:20 am Also, yeah I'm awkward. If I had a nickel for the number of times I've been wrongly scumread for my early tone I'd be rich. Nutella's played enough with me to know that too.
I get that, but you also clean up a lot and your overall iso indicates a more calculated and planned approach while my "awkwardness" is naturally messy because I was uninformed. Once you settled into the thread you took on a very careful tone and have spun everything to your advantage while I've been kind of all over the place considering various angles
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I suspected Nutella d1 for all the right reasons and then turned it around. I really hope I don't lose this for town because of a misclear.

I thought her spending so much effort on explaining why she wasn't teamed with Marmot was wolfy. I thought her suspecting LC for being odd was wolfy.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

The silencing soulstamp almost clears me too. It's possible to be faked but I win wolf games by posting a lot and I believe that it gives me a big advantage to look towny. Look at se7en for example. In fact, in Sesame Street I was mad that I was busy because I believed that I wouldn't have been wagoned d1 if I had posted more. I really wouldn't voluntarily give myself a post restriction when I could give it to a townie instead.
ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Alright, I've gone thru both ISO's, read a bunch of other's posts, and I've come to the conclusion that utimately... I don't fuckin' know

[VOTE: thunal] aubergine

@DrWilgy
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Ugh, I really thought I had that. Good game, you were right.
ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:24 pm Ugh, I really thought I had that. Good game, you were right.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 29

Re: The Emperor's Soul [TOWN WIN]

Post by DrWilgy »

Good Game! Thunal was Wan Shailu!

The town has won!

More to come later. At a class again. Will open up spec from mobile when I can.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 191

Re: The Emperor's Soul [TOWN WIN]

Post by Syn »

neat
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Ricochet »

gg
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Well done nut and falcon!!!! Well played thunal, you almost had us!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

gg everyone!
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sick ggs
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Woo! Well done everyone! Good game! Always exciting seeing a game get down to F3.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”