S~V~S
13%
Seanzie
13%
No elimination
No votes
No vote
No votes
Mindless destruction of historical sites (spec)
38%

Total votes: 8
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

The Late Bronze Age Collapse [END]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

About 3,200 years ago, human civilization underwent an unprecedented and mysterious collapse.
The Mycenaean Greeks.
The Minoans of Crete.
The Hittites of Anatolia.
The Kassites of Babylonia.
Ugarit in Syria.
Gone. Erased.

Even great powers of history that survived only dragged on in a weakened frame.
Assyria.
Egypt.
Phoenician Levant.

What happened to these people, and how could so many powers fall together in such a terrible crescendo of devastation?

We won't answer those questions, but we will play a Mafia game. Let's learn and relive history. Maybe we'll even rewrite it.

~ Any number of players from 9-17 except 12, because I hate 12
~ All Heist requirements respected, so anticipate a vanilla-heavy non-mountainous experience
~ Setup will be closed, but I guarantee that only two factions are included (town and mafia).
~ With the new semester starting soon, I will need late cycle deadlines. We'll go with 9:00 PM PST.
~ 48/24 hour cycles
~ I won't hand out flavor roles, but I will reveal flavor when phases end.
~ No hammers. All eliminations are determined by plurality. I can't be around the thread constantly to watch for hammers.

Game Staff

@JaggedJimmyJay (Host)
@Scotty (Moderator on Duty)

Players

@cat - Vanilla town, Eliminated on Day 1
@DrWilgy - Vanilla town, Killed on Night 1
@Epignosis - Town 2-shot Jailkeeper, Killed at Endgame
@falcon45ca - Mafia goon, Survived
@Guillotine - Vanilla town, Eliminated on Day 2
@LinearPoint - Town diminished doublevoter, Killed on Night 2
@Master Radishes - Vanilla town, killed on Day 3
@Michelle - Vanilla town, killed on Night 1
@S~V~S - Vanilla town, killed at Endgame
@Seanzie - Mafia 1-shot vigilante, Survived
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: The Late Bronze Age Collapse

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Days are 48 hours long. Nights are 24 hours long.
Remember that the premier rules in any Syndicate Mafia game come straight from the site rules. Review those rules below, and direct any concerns you may have to the host or moderator(s) on duty.

[Link] Rules and Guidelines on The Syndicate

Also always be mindful of the culture of respect that must be maintained in all Syndicate spaces at all times, to include this game thread and any external communication spaces relating to the game. Players must be respectful to one another, to the game host, to the members of the staff overseeing the game, to the game itself by way of its rules and spirit, to the Syndicate community in general, and ideally also to themselves. Respect is never optional. See our full manifesto on our culture of respect below.

[Link] A Syndicate Mafia Culture of Respect

Game rules and guidelines (note especially voting rules #2 and #5, but all rules apply)

Voting and Claiming Rules

1.) Claim whatever you want if anything. This game has no roles.
2.) Votes in the poll are official, and I will only consider the poll votes when I resolve a day phase. It is still obligatory to call votes in the game thread, as the poll does not track voting order. Call your votes to make it possible to discern timing and order. This is not optional. Please call votes with the [ vote ][ /vote ] tags (no spaces).
3.) Votes are changeable with no limitations.
4.) Voting is not obligatory. There is no requirement to vote in any phase whatsoever. There are participation standards though, which I'll cover separately.
5.) The player who has received the most votes at the deadline shall be eliminated. There is no majority hammer.
6.) In the event of a tied vote, the eliminated player shall be decided among the tied names at random.
7.) A "no elimination" option will be included each day phase. This option must lead the tally with no ties to be enacted at any time.

Participation Standard

There is no rigid standard for participation; this will be at the host's discretion. All players are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute to the game thread consistently enough that their content can be fairly judged. Non-participation has an adverse effect upon the balance of the game. If I decide a player is not participating enough to facilitate this balance, that player will be replaced. If a replacement cannot be found, there might be a modkill. With this in mind I reiterate: it's very important that everyone try to participate. At least a few posts per day/night cycle are a bare minimum.

Other

1.) Respect all guidelines and rules found in The Syndicate's announcements section. Above all else, treat your fellow players with respect -- this is just a game.
2.) BTSC (behind the scenes chatter) is only permitted in host-designated locations.
3.) No editing or deleting of posts in the game thread.
4.) Just don't make posts when you're dead unless you have been given express permission by the host.
5.) Non-players may not post in the game thread.
6.) Living players wishing to discuss something off-topic may choose to do so in {Off-Topic} Green. There's an "OT" button for this in the post editor. This is not required.
7.) If you ever have any questions about the rules, roles, or setup, please ask me privately.

Angleshooting and loopholes

Don't.

We all know what the spirit of Mafia is about. So don't. If you ever think something might be cutting it close, just ask me before doing it/saying it. Thanks gang.

Examples of things that suck:
- Referencing out-of-game personal information to progress yourself in the game (regardless of alignment)
- Trying to use specific wording in your role card to glean information in the thread
- Openly calling for or talking about the mafia team conceding
- Discussing anything outside the game thread that should have no bearing on it (e.g., technical quirks you observe on Discord) other than ordinary metagaming
- Plenty of other things; there are too many to list

Sample vanilla town role card:

You're a civilization fighting for survival (town).

You have no special abilities.

The game begins at 9:00 PM PST tonight (Tuesday) the 22nd of August. You may access the game thread here (click).
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@cat
@DrWilgy
@Epignosis
@falcon45ca
@Guillotine
@LinearPoint
@Master Radishes
@Michelle
@S~V~S
@Seanzie

All role cards have been submitted. The game will begin at 9:00 PM PST this evening (Tuesday the 22nd of August). The mafia team is permitted to begin communicating behind the scenes immediately.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Hello historical legionnaires! I’m Scotty, your friendly neighborhood Moderator on Duty (MoD).

If you would like to reach me, you can PM me here on the Syndicate or DM me on Discord. Here's the info you need for that:

Scotty
Discord ID: dustin#1927
Click Me
Time Zone: Pacific Daylight Time (UTC-7)

I ask that you please report directly to me rather than using the report post feature, as people with access to those reports are in this game and it presents a risk to game integrity.

Please remember that every other player is also human. We all make mistakes. None of us are perfect. Treat others with respect and exercise self-care if you feel yourself beginning to get angry or upset at the game. If you need to vent and have no one to turn to, messaging me is an excellent decision to make. Don’t be the reason the Bronze Age collapsed. I am also available for reports of any Code of Conduct or Rules violations. Consider me your lifeline so that the game state remains healthy and exciting for everyone.

If you have game-related queries (setup, role questions, game play, etc.) please contact the Host @JaggedJimmyJay. 

Please have fun and enjoy the game!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Instead of providing opening flavor of a "Mafia" sort, I want to give you a suggestion for a great one hour documentary (video podcast) about the period of history we'll be covering. You certainly don't have to watch this, and it wouldn't make a difference to this game. But if you are interested now or become interested along the way, this will be here.

The classical Bronze Age was an approximately 2,000-2,200 year period, with this range shortened or lengthened depending upon the continent being studied. In the Mediterranean and near-eastern Asia, this era stretches from the 34th century into the 12th BCE, from the ancient peoples of Sumer and Old Kingdom Egypt through the Babylonians, early Greek city-states, Assyrians, and New Kingdom (among others). This period elapsed a time comparable to the distance, in time, between the present day and the start of the ancient Roman republic in 200 BCE. In the "Late Bronze Age" we turn our focus to the 16th through 12th centuries, when for hundreds of years a handful of regional powers dominated the known world before, seemingly all together, disappearing.

The game will begin in approximately 50 minutes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@cat
@DrWilgy
@Epignosis
@falcon45ca
@Guillotine
@LinearPoint
@Master Radishes
@Michelle
@S~V~S
@Seanzie

Day 1 begins now and will last 48 hours. There is no hammer vote in this game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Epignosis »

My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Epignosis »

Also I am going to bed. Good night.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: The Late Bronze Age Collapse [Day 1]

Post by Michelle »

Good morning! I am going to work...

Let's have a civilized war game!!!!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Master Radishes »

Hello friends. I am about to travel home from my hollybobs. I can't be bothered to figure out timezone changes so I'm not sure how much of the round I'll be present for, but it won't be much.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Master Radishes »

I've already listened to that video podcast and it's decent, by the way. The whole channel is pretty good.

Anyway bye.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 88

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:00 am My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
My name is DrWilgy, Doctor of Doctors;
Look on my fraud, ye goober, and doober!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 283
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Thread is dead, see you tomorrow

Zzzzzz
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
cat
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 8

Post by cat »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:41 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:00 am My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
My name is DrWilgy, Doctor of Doctors;
Look on my fraud, ye goober, and doober!
Doctors? In this age? Sounds more like an excuse for grave robbing and legally cutting people's limbs off. This guy is suspicious, i don't trust him.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 51

Post by S~V~S »

If I recall correctly, all that's left of Ozymandias is an inscribed pedestal and his feet, right? Maybe I'll save the despair for some other game.

This is an awkward start time for me, I'm unlikely to be here EOD. I guess I expected overnight catchup to be more time consuming. I should have time to watch the video instead.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Thread remains dead

Boring

Bye
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 111

Post by LinearPoint »

It was a late night start.

But no matter, the thread shall not be dead forever.
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Guillo] aubergine

See y'all tomorrow.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Work is done and wow... is this all?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

How many mafia we have in this game?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

LinearPoint wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:22 am It was a late night start.

You still here?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:23 am [VOTE: Guillo] aubergine

See y'all tomorrow.
I agree with Sean

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:04 am

See y'all tomorrow.
I agree with Sean

Now I'll feel weird because I'm third, but I also agree.

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:50 am How many mafia we have in this game?
Well a post up there ^^ mentions that the “team” can start BTSC, so more than 1. Prolly 2. More than that would be unbalanced and Jay is all about balance.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

LP
Seanzie
Cat
Epi

SVS
MR

Michelle
Guillo
Image Image Image
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:15 am

See y'all tomorrow.
I agree with Sean

Why do you agree with me?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:20 am LP
Seanzie
Cat
Epi

SVS
MR

Michelle
Guillo
I mean, looking at this

Also explain the list

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:22 am

See y'all tomorrow.
I agree with Sean

Why do you agree with me?
Technically, we agree with Sean.

It's easy to bored post, it's hard to create game momentum.

Guillo observed game momentum was needed and chose the easy option.
Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Seanzie
Cat
Epi

SVS
MR

Michelle
Guillo
I get why Guillo, but why Michelle? I don’t associate snap votes with bad Michelle, do you think she’s bussing him?
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

See y'all tomorrow.

See y'all tomorrow.
I agree with Sean

See y'all tomorrow.
I agree with Sean

So the votes are because you disagree the thread was dead and boring or?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:18 am
Well a post up there ^^ mentions that the “team” can start BTSC, so more than 1. Prolly 2. More than that would be unbalanced and Jay is all about balance.
Why would be 3 unbalanced?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Guillotine wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:24 am

See y'all tomorrow.

See y'all tomorrow.
I agree with Sean

See y'all tomorrow.
I agree with Sean

It's because town Guillo would try to create content imo

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Guillotine wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:18 am Thread remains dead

Boring

Bye
This post shows the opposite of solving intent

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Actually Michelle is wolfing

[VOTE: Michelle] aubergine

I dont believe you question how 3 wolves would be unbalanced in a game with 10 players
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:23 am
Seanzie
Cat
Epi

SVS
MR

Michelle
Guillo
I mean, looking at this

Also explain the list
LP had encouragement energy, generally pro town.

Seanzie provided a vote and contributed momentum, generally pro town.

Cat's entry was at least an interaction with another player, soliciting interaction, generally prow town.

Epi provided a discussion point in entry, generally pro town, but the lightest of trs.

SVS provided an explanation for being away, but at least brought interaction to Epi's entry, null but close to tr.

MR provided an explanation for being away, null.

Michelle feels high energy, but in the situation where Guillo is town the vote is wolfy. Guillo dependant. Michelle is always red or high green, but without Guillo's data, will remain red.

Guillo saw a lack of energy and decided to do nothing about it. Discussion hooks had been provided and Guillo chose none of them.
Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:24 am
With only 10 players? That’s almost a third of the players list?

His Solar System game had 11 players, 2 mafia. With fewer players more wolves seems unlikely?

This is rather a debatable point to get aggro about?
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Guillotine wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:27 am Actually Michelle is wolfing

I dont believe you question how 3 wolves would be unbalanced in a game with 10 players
2 is a bit town sided.

Fight me, I am bored ^^

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

See y'all tomorrow.

See y'all tomorrow.
I agree with Sean

See y'all tomorrow.
I agree with Sean

You chose to not make it less boring.
Image Image Image
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:28 am

His Solar System game had 11 players, 2 mafia. With fewer players more wolves seems unlikely?

I see now, it's about how Jay balances his games, then we search for 2.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

If Guillo is mafia he is voted by 3 villas and he choose me because he knows me better and hopes he can switch my read.

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:26 am

See y'all tomorrow.

See y'all tomorrow.
I agree with Sean

See y'all tomorrow.
I agree with Sean

It's because town Guillo would try to create content imo
Im pretty sure i created content with three votes against me
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

10 with no more than 2-3 prs

10 players is often AROUND the realm of 8 v 2 making a 4 misyeet game, see below:
2 wolves
8/2
6/2
4/2
2/2

3 wolves
7/3
4/3
2/3
However, I do not know JJJ's definition of balance and my general observations can be wrong.
Image Image Image
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 66

Post by falcon45ca »

I AM TOWN!

Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless & bare, the lone & level sands stretch far away
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Why is this?
Image Image Image
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:29 am

2 is a bit town sided.

Fight me, I am bored ^^
2 is the standard ratio in a 10 player game and you know it, you are not new to mafia, derp clear rejected.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Ok, Wilgy is towmie

LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 111

Post by LinearPoint »

Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:52 am
LinearPoint wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:22 am It was a late night start.

You still here?
Had stepped away for a sec, but yes.

As for what has been said so far. 3 wolves is pretty much always pushing it on a 10 player setup. Although I don't think I agree on susing Michelle for questioning the ruling out of 3 wolves.

As for all the meta talk about Guillotine and Michelle I don't really know much about right now since it's been a hot minute since I played with either.
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Mmmm yes this is tasty.
Image Image Image
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 66

Post by falcon45ca »

I don't see any aggro, whatchoo talkin' bout' Willis?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:29 am

2 is a bit town sided.

Fight me, I am bored ^^
Feels wolfy in perspective.

Arguing bored while voting Guillo for bored posting. :ponder:
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”