Teuta - Mistress of all the people on the ship *secret*

Arcelia - You are in charge of all the treasure in the box *secret*

Stede - You came from the Baltic Sea and *detest* the Atlantic. *secret*

Kaia - You are pure of heart *Secret*

Bad ones:

Hulda - A secret wrapped in an enigma *secret* *secrets*

Benno -You are the size of a bear *secret*

Worse ones:

Mizati - You are small rodent looking creature and people all run from the sight of you *secret* *secrets*

Drake - You are the snake on the ship no one wants to be your friend *secret*
;)
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: So ye wants to be a Pirate?

Post by Roxy »

Players:

1. Iggy as played by S~V~S
2. Davos as played by LimeCoke
3. Hawky as played by DrWigly
4. Ronan as played by Scotty
5. Sixto as played by LongCon
6. Onyx as played by Timmer
7. Bartley as played by LoRab
8. Gold as played by Kate
9. Errol as played by DisgruntledPorcupine
10. Bird as played by Matahari
11. Dewey as played by Seanzie
12. Jet as played by FWvidchick
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Regular site rules mostly apply - Rules and Guidelines and Culture of Respect

1 - Do not be an asshat
2 - No role claiming
3 - No info dumping
4 - No revealing prizes unless the host does it first
5 - No hammer, but you will have changeable votes
6 - Open nights for off topic and night poll talk only. No game talk at all (suspicions, reads, rainbows etc)
7 - The Hosts adore ModKilling so be careful what you do as a sock.
8 - This is meant to be a zany, bizarre, chaotic game for F.U.N.!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

No guessing who is behind the sock.
No hinting at who is behind the sock.
If reported the poster will get a punishment but the the player who reports the infraction will get a fabulous prize.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Ye is a Pirate...at least as of today!

Cap'n Roxy had grown quite weary waitin' fer Cap'n Splints t' get a crew together 'n was completely 'n totally stoned wit' the added bonus o' rum she was also plastered.

'n then it happened!

Cap'n Splints strolled aboard wit' several scallywags who would be part o' thar new crew. Roxy looked up wit' bloodshot eyes but afore she could say one word someone named Iggy grabbed her rum 'n said "lets get this ship ready but first we shall get farrgg up".

Cap'n Roxy wasn't mighty happy losin' her bottle o' rum t' a complete stranger but if they we be goin' t' accomplish wha' they needed t' they needed help. She sighed heavily as Cap'n Splints spoke up 'n said "We needs 'em but they may needs us
more, give me a hit o' that spliff."

They both giggled knowingly.

So they all came aboard 'n wit' several bottles o' rum along wit' a hefty helpin' o' spliffs everyone indeed got drunk 'n some we be also stoned. Every scallywag was so messed up nah much got done that night but the next day when Cap'n Splints finally woke up Cap'n Roxy had rallied the entire crew 'n they we be underway headin' t' Port Royale.

Someone named Bird had started singin' everyone's fav'rit sea shanty 'n ofc the Captains both joined in singin' along loudly

;)
Gold
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Gold »

Arrrrrr!
Errol
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Errol »

:pirate: Ahoy, and whatnot :pirate:
Ronan
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Ronan »

Arr, mateys and landlubbers alike, gather 'round as I share me tale of the treacherous seas and the demon that be drinkin'. Aye, I be a pirate by trade, sailin' under the black flag, but it be a different kind of storm that's brought me here to this here gathering of souls seekin' redemption.

Me name be Captain Jack, though these days, I be known more for the grog in me hand than the cutlass at me side. Join me on this journey, if ye will, through the tempestuous waters of addiction and the quest to find me lost self on this uncharted course toward sobriety
Ronan
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ronan »

Allow me to regale ye with a tale so absurd ye won't believe it were real.

'Twas a dark and stormy night on the high seas when me madness began. Me crew and I had stumbled upon a barrel of what we thought was fine rum, but it turned out to be nothin' more than grog tainted with sea water. We drank it anyway, for a pirate's thirst be a stubborn thing. (Me hearties in the back know!!)

As the night wore on, we found ourselves singin' shanties to a phantom crew that weren't there, and I, Captain Jack, declared meself king of the sea turtles that swam past the ship. I even tried to make me parrot, Squawkers, me first mate. Little did me know, poor Squawkers had already been made first mate by meself 4 days prior in a drrrunken stupor! :p

But the madness didn't end there, oh no! One day, I thought I saw Davy Jones himself risin' from the depths. I challenged him to a game of cards for me soul, only to realize I'd been gamblin' with a barrel lid.

That's when I hit rock bottom, me hearties. I woke up with a seagull perched on me head, a peg leg in me hand (which belonged to the carpenter), and a deep, sobering realization that I'd become the laughingstock of the seven seas.

So, I turned to the only compass left that could steer me clear of this madness – this here fellowship. There be no treasure in the bottle, only madness, and I be seekin' a path to redemption and a chance to be a pirate with a clear head once more.
Jet
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jet »

Ahoy! Me buckos, I 'ave docked with ye within an inch o' me life. The village scallywags 'n thar lawman had me locked up fer disorderly conduct. Might 'ave been disorderly t' 'em but was great fun fer meself. Jus' a word o' advice becareful when handlin' chickens 'n tar while drunk. Might be more then ye bargained fer.
Onyx
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Onyx »

R.
Hawky
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Hawky »

Ahoy there, mateys! Set yer sights high and cast yer gaze upon the boundless horizon, for I be the trusty lookout of this here fearsome crew. With me weathered spyglass in hand and me heart as wild as the roiling sea, I be the eye in the sky, scouring the endless blue for ships ripe for plunder and hidden treasures buried deep beneath the sands. From me perch in the crow's nest, I spy distant sails like a hawk on the hunt, and I'll be guidin' this ship and her scallywags to riches untold or into the teeth of Davy Jones' locker, whichever fate befalls us. So, hoist the Jolly Roger high, me hearties, for adventure awaits on this perilous voyage across the Seven Seas!
Davos
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Davos »

yargh
Iggy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Iggy »

Yarr, I see some talk of sober piracy, what's next, sailing the high seas with Ninjas? Our theme music be Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum, not Yo Ho Ho and a Boba Chai! But to each their own so long as no one be taking my bottle o' rum or setting me up on dates with no ninjas. Mayhaps a sober lookout on the yardarm isn't a bad thing.
Iggy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Iggy »

Voting for the stars, starlight and moonlight be the best light for piracy.
Ronan
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ronan »

Jet wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:34 pm Ahoy! Me buckos, I 'ave docked with ye within an inch o' me life. The village scallywags 'n thar lawman had me locked up fer disorderly conduct. Might 'ave been disorderly t' 'em but was great fun fer meself. Jus' a word o' advice becareful when handlin' chickens 'n tar while drunk. Might be more then ye bargained fer.
Arr, me hearty! Ye be tellin' quite the tale of yer misadventures, but let me share a nugget o' wisdom from an old pirate's heart – it be no coincidence that yer disorderly conduct and mishaps befall ye while ye be knee-deep in the grog. Methinks it's time to consider that perhaps the rum be the real scallywag in this tale, leadin' ye down a path o' chaos and feathery fiascos. Aye, next time ye find yerself in such a predicament, try hoistin' a cup o' tea instead of that cursed bottle, and see if ye fare any better with the chickens and tar!
Jet
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jet »

Ye be right about the grog. It has a part in this fer sure. The village scallywags still 'ave no sense o' fun. I will say this i learned why feathers be nice fer beddin. Sadly can nah say the same fer tar. Although I do enjoy paintin wit' it, mighty pretty.
Gold
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gold »

While I love the moon, my other half; I will always be the sun.
Errol
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Errol »

A night owl is I. So the stars 'twill be.
Ronan
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ronan »

Jet wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:02 pm Ye be right about the grog. It has a part in this fer sure. The village scallywags still 'ave no sense o' fun. I will say this i learned why feathers be nice fer beddin. Sadly can nah say the same fer tar. Although I do enjoy paintin wit' it, mighty pretty.
I've been searchin' the seven seas for a trusty soul to be me first mate, (seein’ as me Squawkers be layin’ with Davy Jones) and ye seem like just the sort I be lookin' for. I may have had me share of grog-fueled misadventures (hard harr) but I'm on a new course now, seekin' redemption and a crew that can sail the straight and narrow. :blush:

As me first mate, ye'll share in the spoils of our adventures and stand by me side as we chart a course toward a brighter horizon. There be no shortage of excitement and treasure to be had, but there's also the solemn duty to keep me on the straight and narrow, remindin' me of the perils of the bottle.

So, what say ye, me friend? Will ye join me crew and be the first mate of the reformed pirate Captain Jack? Together, we'll sail into a future filled with adventure, but with clear heads and a steadfast resolve.
Jet
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jet »

I am honored t' be asked fer such a role. I say aye 'n will surely keep ye on the straight. No sweet rum, siren, or thief will get ye Cap'n, nah wit' me cutlass 'n true vision at yer hand. Plus some good natured mayhem 'n loot speak t' me soul.
Ronan
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ronan »

Jet wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:43 pm I am honored t' be asked fer such a role. I say aye 'n will surely keep ye on the straight. No sweet rum, siren, or thief will get ye Cap'n, nah wit' me cutlass 'n true vision at yer hand. Plus some good natured mayhem 'n loot speak t' me soul.
Arr, me hearty, I appreciate yer interest in joinin' me crew, but I've got a bit of a warnin' to share. Ye see, I've got this tradition as Captain Jack – the first mate takes only a quarter of the loot that the captain finds. It be a long-standing code among pirates, and it keeps the crew in line.

Now, I don't be doubting yer loyalty or skills, but I want to be clear about the terms from the get-go. If ye be lookin' for a more generous share, it might not be the right fit for ye. But if ye be willin' to stand by me side and uphold the pirate code, then together we'll sail to riches and adventure beyond yer wildest dreams. So, what say ye, me matey? Will ye be willin' to accept these terms and join me crew?
Ronan
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ronan »

Errol wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:06 pm A night owl is I. So the stars 'twill be.
Arr, ye claim to be a night owl, do ye? And ye speak of the stars as if they be yer guiding lights? Well, I must admit, those words do raise me brows a bit. Ye see, a true pirate be more likely to say, "A night owl am I, so by the moon's pale glow, we'll set sail and seek our plunder."

But stars, they be the stuff of poets and stargazers, not the salty souls of the sea. Pirates, we be guided by the moon's silver path on the water, the creakin' of a ship's timbers, and the distant call of land ho. So, me heartie, if ye be true to the pirate's life, ye'll need to adjust yer celestial bearings a bit. But fear not, for the sea has a way of teachin' even the most landlubberish of us its secrets..
Jet
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jet »

Ronan wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:59 pm
Jet wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:43 pm I am honored t' be asked fer such a role. I say aye 'n will surely keep ye on the straight. No sweet rum, siren, or thief will get ye Cap'n, nah wit' me cutlass 'n true vision at yer hand. Plus some good natured mayhem 'n loot speak t' me soul.
Arr, me hearty, I appreciate yer interest in joinin' me crew, but I've got a bit of a warnin' to share. Ye see, I've got this tradition as Captain Jack – the first mate takes only a quarter of the loot that the captain finds. It be a long-standing code among pirates, and it keeps the crew in line.

Now, I don't be doubting yer loyalty or skills, but I want to be clear about the terms from the get-go. If ye be lookin' for a more generous share, it might not be the right fit for ye. But if ye be willin' to stand by me side and uphold the pirate code, then together we'll sail to riches and adventure beyond yer wildest dreams. So, what say ye, me matey? Will ye be willin' to accept these terms and join me crew?
Aye, these terms be fair. Mutiny be often treasures foul weather scallywag. Its the adventure or mayhem i be aft ..as long as I got the gold t' buy a meal that sticks t' the ribs 'n rum finer than wine. I accept n' my blade be yers.
Iggy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Iggy »

Ronan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:28 am
Arr, ye claim to be a night owl, do ye? And ye speak of the stars as if they be yer guiding lights? Well, I must admit, those words do raise me brows a bit. Ye see, a true pirate be more likely to say, "A night owl am I, so by the moon's pale glow, we'll set sail and seek our plunder."

But stars, they be the stuff of poets and stargazers, not the salty souls of the sea. Pirates, we be guided by the moon's silver path on the water, the creakin' of a ship's timbers, and the distant call of land ho. So, me heartie, if ye be true to the pirate's life, ye'll need to adjust yer celestial bearings a bit. But fear not, for the sea has a way of teachin' even the most landlubberish of us its secrets..
But you voted for the stars yourself, dint ya?

I’m a wee bit confused by you lecturing someone on that which ye did yourself.
Ronan
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ronan »

Iggy wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:01 am

Arr, ye've caught me in a bit of a conundrum, I'll admit. It be true that I've been known to scoff at starry-eyed talk of celestial matters. But ye see, I be on a new course, one where I'm tryin' to clean up me act and leave the grog behind.

So, while I may have been a hypocrite in the past, I'm takin' these steps toward a better, more sober life. And sometimes, when a pirate's been adrift in grog-soaked madness for so long, he can't help but look to the stars for a bit of guidance and clarity. It be a sign that even the saltiest of us can change our ways, me matey. So, let's navigate these uncharted waters together, and mayhaps we'll find a new appreciation for the night sky.
Ronan
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ronan »

@Jet, I call upon ye to speak up and defend me constitution here! This landlubber be claimin' I'm a hypocrite for ponderin' the stars while chastisin' others for it. Tell 'em, what's changed in me since we've set sail on this path to sobriety? And how does me newfound clarity affect me perspective on celestial matters? Speak yer truth, and let's set the record straight!
Onyx
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Onyx »

R. Where do be me coffee.
Bird
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Bird »

Ahoy! I am a scallop, but ye can call me Bird. I like the stars, so ye can throw a blanket o'er me 'n I can get me shut-eye
Sixto
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Sixto »

Hi all! Sorry to be late to the party. Who's bad?
Sixto
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Sixto »

Arr, I were thinkin' there be 1500 posts already, 'haps I saw Emperor's Soul and squibbled it up. I cast me vote fer the Sun, because it be the source of all livin' things, 'twarms us and helps t'grow tha sugar cane that makes our RUM!!

To RUM!!! :beer:

Er, I also failed t'realize we all be talkin' like pirates, arrr... 'pologies fer tha straight entrance!

To me hosts! Will the mysterious secrets o' the game be revealed as the yardarm's shadow grows longer?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Greetings, salty dogs!

I am Epignosis, your friendly lighthouse keeper.

I am here to make sure this is a pleasant experience for everyone involved and that everyone stays safe and healthy.

If at any point while sailing these seas you find yourself growing angry, frustrated, lonely, or fightin' off the scurvy, and you start steering toward the rocks, always know that I've minded me wick and the lighthouse is on.

Send me a private message by carrier pigeon to work through any negative emotions rather than loading the cannons and going off in the thread. You can also find me on Ye Olde Discord.

Let's have some smooth sailin' lads and lasses! -E
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jet
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jet »

Ronan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:18 am

Arr, ye've caught me in a bit of a conundrum, I'll admit. It be true that I've been known to scoff at starry-eyed talk of celestial matters. But ye see, I be on a new course, one where I'm tryin' to clean up me act and leave the grog behind.

So, while I may have been a hypocrite in the past, I'm takin' these steps toward a better, more sober life. And sometimes, when a pirate's been adrift in grog-soaked madness for so long, he can't help but look to the stars for a bit of guidance and clarity. It be a sign that even the saltiest of us can change our ways, me matey. So, let's navigate these uncharted waters together, and mayhaps we'll find a new appreciation for the night sky.
Well if ye be guilty by trustin' the path o' the stars so be I. Stars they guide the path 'n the moon gives up lovely complexion t' light our way 'n soothe our souls. I find it suspicious t' claim a night owl or pirate doesn't use the stars. The stars maybe the stuff o' poets fer sure but they also be our sign posts. The tales the tell point our direction 'n we leave the meanin' behind those tales t' those Greeks 'n thar scallywags. T' cast shade on ye and yet vote the same seems mighty strange t' me.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Sixto wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:26 pm Arr, I were thinkin' there be 1500 posts already, 'haps I saw Emperor's Soul and squibbled it up. I cast me vote fer the Sun, because it be the source of all livin' things, 'twarms us and helps t'grow tha sugar cane that makes our RUM!!

To RUM!!! :beer:

Er, I also failed t'realize we all be talkin' like pirates, arrr... 'pologies fer tha straight entrance!

To me hosts! Will the mysterious secrets o' the game be revealed as the yardarm's shadow grows longer?
:feb: :feb: :feb:
;)
Iggy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Iggy »

I hear sometimes that quitting the grog makes a pirate act a bit mad for a time. Perhaps that is what has befallen poor Ronan, who first makes flowery, soothing, speech to me, then in their ver' next post, calls me a landlubber and claims I besmirched their character, which I did not. Mayhaps someone should slip ol' Ronan a bit o'rum while no one is lookin.

I dinna see why someone only pretending to be a pirate, or whoever we're tryin ta ferret out, would draw attention to themself in this way, so perhaps Ronan just likes lecturin people and talking a lot, kinda like my Parrot Mad Martha :partyparrot:
Spoiler: show

Ronan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:19 am @Jet, I call upon ye to speak up and defend me constitution here! This landlubber be claimin' I'm a hypocrite for ponderin' the stars while chastisin' others for it. Tell 'em, what's changed in me since we've set sail on this path to sobriety? And how does me newfound clarity affect me perspective on celestial matters? Speak yer truth, and let's set the record straight!
Ronan
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ronan »

Iggy wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:01 pm I hear sometimes that quitting the grog makes a pirate act a bit mad for a time. Perhaps that is what has befallen poor Ronan, who first makes flowery, soothing, speech to me, then in their ver' next post, calls me a landlubber and claims I besmirched their character, which I did not. Mayhaps someone should slip ol' Ronan a bit o'rum while no one is lookin.

I dinna see why someone only pretending to be a pirate, or whoever we're tryin ta ferret out, would draw attention to themself in this way, so perhaps Ronan just likes lecturin people and talking a lot, kinda like my Parrot Mad Martha :partyparrot:
Spoiler: show

Ronan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:19 am @Jet, I call upon ye to speak up and defend me constitution here! This landlubber be claimin' I'm a hypocrite for ponderin' the stars while chastisin' others for it. Tell 'em, what's changed in me since we've set sail on this path to sobriety? And how does me newfound clarity affect me perspective on celestial matters? Speak yer truth, and let's set the record straight!
Well, it be the journey of sobriety that's got me all tangled up in me words, and I'm workin' on findin' the balance, as they say in the Serenity Prayer.

As for me lectures and verbosity, well, it be me way of showin' me commitment to this path. And truth be told, I don't much fancy the idea of drinkin' rum again or sharin' it behind me shipmates' backs. No, matey. So, let's keep our eyes peeled and not be too quick to judge. After all, even a pirate in recovery deserves a fair shake, aye?

Arr, let me try me best to recall that Serenity Prayer:

"Give me the calmness to accept things I can't change, the courage to change things I can, and... um, the smarts to know the difference?"

Aye, it might not be word for word, but the essence be there, I reckon. Me memory's not what it used to be, especially after all them years of grog-soaked madness. But I be tryin' to live by its wisdom, nonetheless.
Ronan
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ronan »

Arr, ye mystical powers that govern the heavens and the seas, I beseech ye, has the first light of day broken upon us, or do we yet linger in the shadows of night? Shed yer celestial wisdom upon this humble pirate, for I seek to know the course of me journey on this fine day, such as the quantity of apple juice boxes I be imbibin’.
Davos
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Davos »

yarrrghhh we vote stars because stars are pretty
Bird
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Bird »

Davos wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:38 pm yarrrghhh we vote stars because stars are pretty
We? Ye lookin' in the mirror 'n seein' double?
Davos
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Davos »

Bird wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:16 am
Davos wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:38 pm yarrrghhh we vote stars because stars are pretty
We? Ye lookin' in the mirror 'n seein' double?
ooooooh you shining pearl ya!
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Ahoy me darlings! Waitin' on a couple o' slow jabs then we shall proceed directly t' Day 1.
;)
Sixto
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Sixto »

'Tis but a PREgame that we be parlayin' in!
Iggy wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:01 pm I hear sometimes that quitting the grog makes a pirate act a bit mad for a time. Perhaps that is what has befallen poor Ronan, who first makes flowery, soothing, speech to me, then in their ver' next post, calls me a landlubber and claims I besmirched their character, which I did not. Mayhaps someone should slip ol' Ronan a bit o'rum while no one is lookin.

So... what ye be sayin' is that ye find Ronan's behavior suspicious... but it's wrapped up'n tha alcohol joke, so no biggie?... but ye don't see why a villain would act suspicious since, eh, villains tend not t'act suspicious, so... and then ye cap it off with a fun n' funny distraction!

I tend t'find such things worth my one good eye's closer scrut'ny. But t'is the pregame, so what can a sailor really get done b'fore noon? Maybe ye're all right! Mayhap my crew won't hafta make ya walk the plank! :pirate:

Har har, no, just foolin', ye're number one in the captain's books right now.
Ronan
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ronan »

Sixto wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:57 pm 'Tis but a PREgame that we be parlayin' in!

So... what ye be sayin' is that ye find Ronan's behavior suspicious... but it's wrapped up'n tha alcohol joke, so no biggie?... but ye don't see why a villain would act suspicious since, eh, villains tend not t'act suspicious, so... and then ye cap it off with a fun n' funny distraction!

I tend t'find such things worth my one good eye's closer scrut'ny. But t'is the pregame, so what can a sailor really get done b'fore noon? Maybe ye're all right! Mayhap my crew won't hafta make ya walk the plank! :pirate:

Har har, no, just foolin', ye're number one in the captain's books right now.
Walkin’ the plank, eh? I had a right good mem’ry of playin’ on ours.
One eve, the crew and I found ourselves in high spirits after a barrel or three of the finest rum. Well, that night, we came up with the brilliant idea of walkin' the plank...on our own ship!

So, there we were, stumblin' around the deck, bellowin' pirate shanties, and takin' turns tippin' ourselves off the plank, only to be caught by our own mates. ‘Twas a bit of a trust fall o’ sorts! We laughed so hard, and grew so close (but not too close, lest ye catch a whiff o’ Patcheye’s stench, yo ho)….Ye could hear the echoes of our merriment across the seven seas.

But now, me hearties, as I stand here on the path to sobriety, I can't help but get a tad verklempt thinkin' about them wild times. The camaraderie, the foolishness, the downright absurdity of it all! Aye, those were the days, but I've set sail on a different course now, seekin' redemption and clarity. Though me eye may get misty, I've determined to find new adventures that don't involve walkin' any planks…these days, I've set me sights on a different sort of treasure – the laughter of the masses. I've taken to the stage as a stand-up comedian, hopin' to regale folks with me tales of the high seas and me misadventures on the path to sobriety.

Tho making the living as a stand-up comedian be ratharr difficult with two peg legs.
Davos
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Davos »

yee hasn't read much of what was said because yee is still learning to read. making progress though.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 5

Post by fingersplints »

Poll be closed. Day 1 be startin’ soon. Yar :pirate:
Gro-oo-ovy
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Damn those Shekels!

The Shekels had gotten a hold o' two o' the crew 'n the Captains didn' wants t' risk the rest o' the crew. Damn Shekels are contagious!

Voters who voted Sun will be safe today ( D 1)

the scallywags who voted Stars will be safe tonight. (N 1)

Day one be a startin'
;)
Sixto
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Sixto »

ARR, I'll start this fine Day wit' a VOTE fer IGGY!
Iggy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Iggy »

Sixto wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:14 pm ARR, I'll start this fine Day wit' a VOTE fer IGGY!
Because I can see both sides of a thing? I was not a fan of Ronan lecturing a pirate for doing that which he himself did, and his way of replying to my question did not help, first appeasin me then actin like I was murderin him. But then I looked at all of their wordy, attention seeking posts, and did not understand why a false pirate might do so. Ronan appeared to be tryin' to get everyone to look at him, lecturin' on a topic anathema to most pirates. It's also possible that ol' Ronan was trying to draw all the attention so we wouldn't notice his partner, skulkin in the shadows. Lots of things could be possible.

So since I put my original thoughts out on the table, I thought I might put these on the table as well. Since a true pirate doesn't want to make the wrong person walk the plank, especially with such a small crew and apparently 4 rotten apples in the already tiny barrel.

But pirates don't be known for their patience, do they?
Sixto
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Sixto »

'Tis simple, Seaman Iggy! Ye're my strongest suspicion at this point in time. I be well aware that yon votes aren't set in stone, so we'll be seeing how the Day plays out, arr.
Ronan
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ronan »

Iggy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:36 pm
Sixto wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:14 pm ARR, I'll start this fine Day wit' a VOTE fer IGGY!
Because I can see both sides of a thing? I was not a fan of Ronan lecturing a pirate for doing that which he himself did, and his way of replying to my question did not help, first appeasin me then actin like I was murderin him. But then I looked at all of their wordy, attention seeking posts, and did not understand why a false pirate might do so. Ronan appeared to be tryin' to get everyone to look at him, lecturin' on a topic anathema to most pirates. It's also possible that ol' Ronan was trying to draw all the attention so we wouldn't notice his partner, skulkin in the shadows. Lots of things could be possible.

So since I put my original thoughts out on the table, I thought I might put these on the table as well. Since a true pirate doesn't want to make the wrong person walk the plank, especially with such a small crew and apparently 4 rotten apples in the already tiny barrel.

But pirates don't be known for their patience, do they?
Thar was this one time in a dusty tavern on Tortuga, I overheard a swindler tryin' to sell a piece of driftwood as a genuine treasure map. The scallywag spun a yarn so long, it could've wrapped 'round the ship's mast twice.

He talked about the secrets of the seas, the ancient mariners, and the mysteries of the deep, all while dancin' around the fact that his so-called treasure map was nothin' more than a piece of flotsam. By the time he was done, the poor souls listenin' had more questions than when they started, and they were none the wiser about where the real treasure lay.

It be a lesson, me mateys, that fancy words and verbosity can be used to hide the truth, just as much as reveal it. In the pirate's code, we value straight talk and a sharp cutlass more than a mouthful of hot air, that's for sure.

Return to “Previous Rackets”