Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 29

Re: So ye wants to be a Pirate?

Post by Bartley »

Sixto wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:44 am
Bartley wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:59 pm
Sixto wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:53 pm Kala == Jet == Jenny == FWvidchick

Right?
I think yes, but where does it actually say jet? It’s probably obvious and I’m being dense. But does it say that or not?
Well, er, Jet be no longer on the poll?
Well yeah.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Sixto wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:53 pm Kala == Jet == Jenny == FWvidchick

Right?
:clap: :nicenod: :cloud9:
;)
Ronan
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Ronan »

Arr, it be emptier here than a ghost ship's galley, me hearties. No wonder we're losin', you all are just hangin' around like a bunch of garden eels, pokin' your heads out now and then, but not doin' much else! *hic* It's time to set a course and make some real waves, or we'll find ourselves adrift in this sea of suspicion.
Onyx
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Onyx »

Hawky wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:48 pm
Onyx wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:46 pm Arr, so I do be finding that tryin to follow this game with all of the crew speaking like... the crew... be difficult on me noggin. And for reasons none seem to understand, I do keep periodically gettin banned from the site and forced to wait to return.

I will be needin to take actual notes to keep track of this n that, so I do be shall return.
Arrr, Onyx, ye be makin' yer second pledge here now, and I be expectin' ye to carry yer load with that lofty assurance ye be tossin' about. At least Bartley and Davos be not raisin' me hopes in vain.
Yeah, I'm trying, but every time I try to read this game my brain doesn't engage with it. I work with accrued knowledge of who players are and how they play and not only is that entirely missing here, but for some reason the pirate talk is completely blocking me. What would really fucking help would be if someone could give me a non-pirate talk synopsis of the main cases and I could try to investigate them specifically. The flow of this game is just not working with my head. And I hate how "do my work for me" that sounds but it is the only way I'm going to get anywhere.
Sixto
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Sixto »

ARR, hold on, let me get me Pirate-English Translater, n'I'll parley with ye forthrightly, Seaman Onyx!

<<machine powers on>>

Ah. Excellent, so the main push on the previous Day would be the Bird-Jet case. You see, Bird switched their vote from Jet at the last minute. That vote would have ensured Jet's doom, but instead Jet was tied with Errol, and Errol, who was Town, ended up on the chopping block.

Bird was the target of suspicion for this act. Speaking just for myself, I reasoned that Bird had more than twice as many posts as Jet, and it was not incriminating to Bird if Jet wasn't bad. So I voted Jet, so did others, I assume for the same reasons but there are probably variations.

Other than that, not a WHOLE LOT of accusations getting thrown? Ronan voted for you, and without rereading it I think he's not sure if your absence is entirely site-problem-related, and... darn, I just had it but it's gone. Full disclosure, I at a 50mg Gummy about half an hour ago, and this is getting harder. Better wrap it up.

All in all, I said I need to read back, I haven't yet, I'll try to articulate suspicions in a hearty n' rum-soaked manner, t'be sure! Some swabs be surely hidin' below de-- hold on... arr, the blasted machine went n' walked the plank! 'Pologies, Seaman Onyx, fer the brevity o' me explanations.
Bartley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bartley »

Onyx wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:18 pm
Onyx wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:46 pm Arr, so I do be finding that tryin to follow this game with all of the crew speaking like... the crew... be difficult on me noggin. And for reasons none seem to understand, I do keep periodically gettin banned from the site and forced to wait to return.

I will be needin to take actual notes to keep track of this n that, so I do be shall return.
Arrr, Onyx, ye be makin' yer second pledge here now, and I be expectin' ye to carry yer load with that lofty assurance ye be tossin' about. At least Bartley and Davos be not raisin' me hopes in vain.
Yeah, I'm trying, but every time I try to read this game my brain doesn't engage with it. I work with accrued knowledge of who players are and how they play and not only is that entirely missing here, but for some reason the pirate talk is completely blocking me. What would really fucking help would be if someone could give me a non-pirate talk synopsis of the main cases and I could try to investigate them specifically. The flow of this game is just not working with my head. And I hate how "do my work for me" that sounds but it is the only way I'm going to get anywhere.
I can summarize action. It is day 3—there has only been 1 night. 4 people are dead. 2 lynched civs and 1 nj annd 1 unknown. Did I miss anyone?

We can’t vote bird today, and I don’t think I’m alone in sussing them.
Sixto
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Sixto »

Bartley wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:41 pm
Onyx wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:18 pm

I can summarize action. It is day 3—there has only been 1 night. 4 people are dead. 2 lynched civs and 1 nj annd 1 unknown. Did I miss anyone?

We can’t vote bird today, and I don’t think I’m alone in sussing them.
Arr, can you explain yer position on yon Bird in greater detail, matey?
Sixto
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Sixto »

ARR, I be leavin' fer a voyage, won't be back till there be a swab hangin' from the yardarm!

Bartley be coastin' along, sayin' nothin' o' real value. He swore to get more involved, but we ain't seen hide n'r hair o' that. [VOTE: Bartley] aubergine

I'll try t'remember ta check in closer t'the deadline. Yar, I know this vote be weak.
Iggy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Iggy »

Thanks fer yer patience with me, me hearties!

Today I think I can look at this blasted screen w'out me eyes crossing!

Although I generally think making low posters walk the plank is weak and non piratical, maybe even ninja-like, this is getting out of hand, we have several with fewer posts than the host.

I also want to reread Ronan, they started the push on Errol more so than Jet, as Ronan was the one who started the false suspicion against Errol with the "pirates shouldnt vote for stars" when Ronan voted for ... stars. Then when he and Jet had voted for Errol, he said summat like, "Arrgh we have to get rid of someone, and Errol didn't even try to defend hisself". How do you defend yerself from false accusations?

And his vote for the one low poster the host said was having tech difficulties is a thing that made me go "Arrr".

@Bird if ye answered it, sorry if I missed it, although I should have time to reread the thread, it's only 4 pages; why did ye pick Davos out of the pack; their posts felt fairly meh to me; did I miss something? I saw nothing to tip the scales o'suspish either way. Do ye still sus him, and if so why?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

It be trivia time!!

Why did Pirates wear pierced earrings?

First correct answer will win a fabulous prize!
You may submit ye answers in the game thread.
;)
Iggy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Iggy »

As money, and as a talisman of protection from evil spirits. But mostly as spare money in case of an emergency. Some say it helps with vision, too. But spare change is my answer.
Bird
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Bird »

@Iggy yar, I did mention it, inside another post, so ye might not have seen it. I did not like that Davos had said “We be voting for…” A small ping, for certain, but might have been a slip o’ tha tongue. None other of me shipmates seemed to think anything’ of it, so I let it slide eventually.
I like your points on tha False Capn Ronan, they be truth on record, and I may vote there. He been trying to shift suspicion my way with a case that didn’t hold up over time, and I don’t hold with sloppy detective work.
I’ll be back soon after my chores in tha galley be done.
Iggy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Iggy »

Aye, I do recall that now, Bird.

I think Ronan is full of fancy talk and amusing stories, but his actual content is non piratical. I think he be a ninja.

He started the whole fuss n’ruckus about Errol, then let Jet take the fall after pocketin’ them with talk o’ being captains mate.

[VOTE: Ronan] aubergine
Bartley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bartley »

Roxy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:17 am It be trivia time!!

Why did Pirates wear pierced earrings?

First correct answer will win a fabulous prize!
You may submit ye answers in the game thread.
Sign of status. And a way of looking like rebels.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Ye has a winner winner, tis a fish dinner
;)
Bartley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bartley »

[VOTE: onyx] aubergine aubergine

Voting now in case I don’t get back. It’s purely a self preservation vote on someone else who has a vote. And I’m not seeing the case on ronan.

I be good for our town, mateys. Been trying to contribute all I can since my initial not being here.
Bartley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bartley »

Half hour to poll close and only 4 votes?
Bird
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bird »

[VOTE: Ronan] aubergine
I agree with the case on Ronan so I be voting tharrr
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Thar so many quarrels on board 'n the Cap'n's we be busy doin' naught.They quite expected the crew t' handle thar owns nonsense.

They we be waitin' fer someone, anyone at this point t' take charge o' the decks but none we be strong enough.

Factions we be beginnin' t' form.

Ronan, Onyx 'n Bartley had all been at the center o' attention fer all the good 'twas doin'.
So much he said, she said, they said was happenin' that 'twas makin' Mad Martha fly around in circles.

Then Mad Martha docked on Ronan's shoulder 'n dropped a shekel into thar pocket.

That seemed t' open the flood gates. The sound o' a cutlass bein' pulled was heard 'n the next thing that anyone knew Ronan was layin' on deck motionless wit' Mad Martha laughin' in a way that only a parrot could. The shekel firmly entrenched in they pocket.

Ronan be quite dead.

They we be playin' Ronan who was Stede who was actually Scotty.

Their Role:

You have the worst possible role:

Stede - You came from the Baltic Sea and *detest* the Atlantic. *secret* Once in the game you may visit a dead players grave and get their power.

You are Town.
Their "stolen power":

Plants some seeds of doubt *secret* Every night you may hide one person in your bunk for protection.

'tis now night ye 'ave a decision t' make (yer life may depend on it) 'n then call it a night get rest the morrow ye will be back on deck at work.
;)
Bartley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bartley »

I went with food, because you can get hydration from some foods. And a pirate needs energy from nutrition. Especially citrus, so no scurvy.
Iggy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Iggy »

Well that be a surprise!

I'm voting for water, ye can live longer without food than water. Ye can always catch a fish if stranded at sea, but it's harder to catch water.

[VOTE: water] aubergine
Sixto
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Sixto »

Yar, I be surprised t'see Ronan as the victim this time - t'is a great loss to th'thread indeed!
Bird
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bird »

This be a tuff one. Tis true ye not be livin’ long without water, but as it falls free from the heavens above, and food don’t, I’ll be choosin’ the food.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

sorry me is in the middle of a ship log jam I must steer me ol' gal of a ship to safety

It's bad.... Always some landlubber who thinks ye can be a cap'n.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Sixto be dead.

A parchment from Teuta that reads:

"Onyx has a bomb! Be careful out there, ya lobster legged swabbies!"

It's day 4.

;)
Bird
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bird »

This ‘ere ship be gettin’ quieter by the minute. It’s turned into a ghost ship, by my reckonin’.
Bartley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bartley »

The quiet is like the sea ona calm day. It doesn’t go anywhere.

My suspicion is in the sky, flying to and fro. And pooping on ronan. I shall say more tomorrow about this flying creature.
Bartley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bartley »

:Editing above to add :derp:
Iggy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Iggy »

Bartley wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:26 pm The quiet is like the sea ona calm day. It doesn’t go anywhere.

My suspicion is in the sky, flying to and fro. And pooping on ronan. I shall say more tomorrow about this flying creature.
I was sus of Ronan, and tbh, I am OK with my vote for him in that I won't scramble to make excuses for myself. I pretty much suspected him from the outset. I really thought he was bolstering the post count with fluff. It's unfortunate that a person was able to be made to walk the plank with only 2 votes.

It's been hard with so little thread content tbh. If half the people dont post, the people who are posting only have each other to pick apart. And this game feels very OG, in that we aren't getting night flips, and there are apparently two bad factions, so we have no clue if any of them are even dead, since we haven't yeeted any.

That said, I agree that Bird feels opportunistic. Their vote was like, "Yeah, sure!" rather than feeling like it had any conviction. I hope more people show up to participate today.
Iggy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Iggy »

@Roxy will you tell us if a faction is eliminated?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Iggy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:22 am @Roxy will you tell us if a faction is eliminated?
Ye we will be told.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Davos has been shekeled no further details be given
;)
Bird
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bird »

@Iggy aye me matey, ye wounds me through me heart, ye does. Just last night, a little bird dropped a bug in me ear, that said to steer clear o’that Iggy, he be leavin’ death an’ destruction where e’er he sails. I just shook me head and said that can’t be true. Not Iggy, he makes a right point when he be questionin’ folks.
Now, I be thinking that Bartley be the opportunistic one onboard this vessel.
Alls I can say is none on this ship has a truer heart than this here pirate has. And this here pirate has galley duty again so I’m outa’ here fer awhile.
Onyx
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Onyx »

I am finally unbanned again. I don't know what else to say about it.

I'm at work but will try to read on my break before I'm blocked again
Hawky
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Hawky »

Avast, me hearties! Me apologies for me absence on the previous day. I hadn't reckoned on the Moon playin' hide-and-seek, and I was kept busy with family affairs throughout the weekend.

I reckon I might've cast me vote in favor of Ronan too, for what it's worth. Them interactions among Ronan, Jet, and Bird had a strange and fishy aroma about 'em.

I'll be scrutinizin' the rest of the crew and assessin' our situation. Right now, me initial musings place me somewhere betwixt Bartley and Onyx, but I'm a tad worried about Onyx's account troubles – they have a hint of treachery about 'em if they be genuine. Arrr!
Hawky
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hawky »

Amongst the ones left, I do recall a sense that Iggy and Bird be true-hearted shipmates, but alas, those reckonings be built on past scrolls that be naught but errant. I reckon I'll test if me inner compass still be trustworthy.
Hawky
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hawky »

Out of the seven souls who've met Davy Jones' locker, we've got the lowdown on three, and they be all from the good ol' town. If this be a dire situation, Im be left weighin' me options between the bad ones and the worse ones. I be prayin' to the stars that it ain't so.
Bartley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bartley »

Iggy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:20 am
Bartley wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:26 pm The quiet is like the sea ona calm day. It doesn’t go anywhere.

I was sus of Ronan, and tbh, I am OK with my vote for him in that I won't scramble to make excuses for myself. I pretty much suspected him from the outset. I really thought he was bolstering the post count with fluff. It's unfortunate that a person was able to be made to walk the plank with only 2 votes.

It's been hard with so little thread content tbh. If half the people dont post, the people who are posting only have each other to pick apart. And this game feels very OG, in that we aren't getting night flips, and there are apparently two bad factions, so we have no clue if any of them are even dead, since we haven't yeeted any.

That said, I agree that Bird feels opportunistic. Their vote was like, "Yeah, sure!" rather than feeling like it had any conviction. I hope more people show up to participate today.
Mistakes are made, but like leaves in autumn, they fall away into the wind.

And the migration patterns of winged ones is a fascinating subject. I must research ornithology and report back. :derp:
Bartley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bartley »

Bird wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:52 am @Iggy aye me matey, ye wounds me through me heart, ye does. Just last night, a little bird dropped a bug in me ear, that said to steer clear o’that Iggy, he be leavin’ death an’ destruction where e’er he sails. I just shook me head and said that can’t be true. Not Iggy, he makes a right point when he be questionin’ folks.
Alls I can say is none on this ship has a truer heart than this here pirate has. And this here pirate has galley duty again so I’m outa’ here fer awhile.
On My Galley Untruthers Suspect.

:derp:
Iggy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Iggy »

Roxy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:50 am
Iggy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:22 am @Roxy will you tell us if a faction is eliminated?
Ye we will be told.
Thank You for the answer! :cloud9:
Iggy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Iggy »

Bird wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:52 am @Iggy aye me matey, ye wounds me through me heart, ye does. Just last night, a little bird dropped a bug in me ear, that said to steer clear o’that Iggy, he be leavin’ death an’ destruction where e’er he sails. I just shook me head and said that can’t be true. Not Iggy, he makes a right point when he be questionin’ folks.
But you chose not to mention this little bird until your second post of the new day, after I had said I was concerned about you? Okey Dokey, Matey.

'Tis not true. Perhaps your bird ate some hallucinogenic grain.

I can vote from my non piratical day job, so will do that, in hopes more discussion is had, and that one voter doesn't control the planking.
Bird
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bird »

Iggy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:44 am
But you chose not to mention this little bird until your second post of the new day, after I had said I was concerned about you? Okey Dokey, Matey.

I can vote from my non piratical day job, so will do that, in hopes more discussion is had, and that one voter doesn't control the planking.
Ye be right as rain Iggy. I wasn’t going to be mentionin’ things until I was afraid ye might be going astray. I’m hornswoggled about where I go from here.
Bird
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bird »

[VOTE: Bartley] aubergine ye be a suspicious one thar, not even sounding like a true pirate.
Onyx
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Onyx »

I am here and can actually vote, I'm reading back to try to figure out a spot for it. I'll start reading Bartley as so far they are the only one with a vote, and please shout out anyone who are considering voting for so i can concentrate on the people of interest
Onyx
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Onyx »

Read through Bartley's post history. It reads like someone who is present but not wanting to take a lead on anything. Aware of where the game is at, but wanting to go with a flow. I'll place a vote there for the moment, need to read more, I've been so damn absent.
Onyx
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Onyx »

[VOTE: Bartley] aubergine
Onyx
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Onyx »

Read through Hawky, he reads as town, most posts are game content and looking at suspicions, I won't vote there.
Bartley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bartley »

Iggy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:44 am

Like trees dropping their leaves, the winged creatures plant seeds as they go about. Seeing what blossoms into increased suspicion and then running with that. And, like a pigeon crapping on a sidewalk, the tweeting from this one is bad.

And as birds of a feather flock together, yet feign enmity for protection, the chirping and seed spreading likely include a flocker.

:derp:
Bartley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bartley »

Bird wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:48 am [VOTE: Bartley] aubergine ye be a suspicious one thar, not even sounding like a true pirate.
Not all pirates speak the same.
Bartley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Bartley »

Edit to add :derp:

Return to “Previous Rackets”