A Fond Farewell from Spacedaisy

Want to know what's new at The Syndicate? Check out site-wide announcements here.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 1

A Fond Farewell from Spacedaisy

Post by Spacedaisy »

Over a decade ago, Tangy and I started a dream we had been talking about for a long time. We built our own Mafia site. It was something we wanted to be community focused, where people could be treated with respect and we would proactively take care of conflict. When I built the site for the first time on phpbb, I had no idea what I was doing, tech-wise, but by some minor miracle, I got it going. Even more importantly, neither of us had any idea what we were launching and the kind of deep friendships that would form here someday. I have never been prouder of anything I’ve been a part of than this site. We have some really excellent players with skills that rival the best any site could offer up, if you ask me. Even better, we have good-hearted people who love the culture we have worked to cultivate here.

I have had the honor to work with some of you from the very beginning. S~V~S had her hands in the early days’ creation as much as Tangy or myself. We have seen some amazing staff come and go. Turniphead comes to mind. TH and I started our mafia careers in the same game over at Lostpedia and we served as Admins together here as well. They will always be present in my heart. I’ve had the privilege to be both a moderator and an admin. I truly have enjoyed working with this staff. And I have absolutely loved playing mafia alongside all the great members of this community. I had some tough moments in the middle where I didn’t have the space to be very present and people like Epignosis, Juliets, and Jay stepped up and kept this site moving forward. The Syndicate might not have survived without their love and diligence in those times.

I have increasingly realized lately that I have other creative ventures I want to pursue. I don’t feel I have the energy or ability to do that while I am still serving as a Syndicate Admin. It would not be fair to the other staff or the site as I couldn’t give my best to the community. I also believe it’s time to let go of what has been my baby for over ten years and see what someone else can do with it. What heights can the Syndicate reach under different leadership? I believe this is a truly special community, with truly special members and staff. I will still be around to play and host occasionally, but the time has come for me to hang up my Admin hat. I love you all. This site has brought me some truly dear friendships. Thank you for some really amazing memories!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Re: A Fond Farewell from Spacedaisy

Post by Syn »

<3
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Okay but you're still invited over to my house for board games.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Don’t be a stranger Daisy :daisy:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

<3
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
pyxxy
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

be well <3
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

mikami_sad.jpg there's literally no picture of sad Mikami on the internet (awful fan art excluded) ffs
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Thank you Spacedaisy for everything you do and everything you are 💜 I consider myself truly lucky to call you a friend.
Gro-oo-ovy
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Oh just saw this.

As someone who also used to be staff, I may have an idea how you feel. I still love this place, but after a while it felt weird to be part of the staff even though I barely came anymore.

Thanks for all your work, though. I'm glad you guys decided to make this site.

Return to “Announcements”