Long Con
50%
Roxy
No votes
Scotty
13%
S~V~S
No votes
Eric Johnson (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
38%

Total votes: 8
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Guitar Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:53 pm Maybe. Maybe it's a telling thing to be arguing, probably better to think that way in a game like this. And you obviously didn't search for "Timmerman", Miss Read the ISO... I accused him earlier than even the evil guitar comment.

Like, maybe a silly thing to be arguing, so why is it happening? It's a silly thing altogether, but you made it a thing and then neglected due diligence on my ISO, and Y'KNOW, when I'm searching for clues in an ISO, I READ the posts because context is ESSENTIAL when trying to understand the subtleties of a wolf's deception. Typing in a search term is NOT the way that one looks through ISOs when they're doing detective work, it is how a Wolf looks for a gotcha.

You are that Wolf, and you are caught.
@S~V~S This is my strongest, most clear statement in the game about why I suspect you. You did not engage with it in the slightest, despite engaging me soon after about other things, like how many times Timmer was REALLY mentioned in my ISO.

I would expect at least a token "that's how I always do ISOs" or something, but you avoided even acknowledging it. I understand why. It's because it's true, and I did catch you skim-constructing a case against me while showing evidence of a lack of actually reading my posts.

The reason you said nothing is because you wanted it to go away, and engaging with it would not help that happen.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Guitar Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:24 am.....I was on LC's town reads, then as soon as I voted for them, I was public enemy number one.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

In which list was that?
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Guitar Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Long Con »

And that is dishonest anyway. I brought you up for the first time, and voted for you, near the start of Day 2, before you even posted.

That's after the Day 1 results, and enduring 24 hours without being able to post, just think and read. There's no stretch stretchy enough to make your characterization here even close to honest.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

[VOTE: S~V~S] aubergine I'm putting it on the board. I have to reach a consensus with the remaining town on who's going, but there, you know where I stand. Subject to change for the Next Best Thing.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

The reality seems to be Roxy as the main swing vote, if we want to go with a falcon/S~V~S team. If Roxy is town, and won't budge from me, then the game is already over.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Roxy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:43 am @S~V~S I feel you on LC. He has been up for elim for two days yet he has slicked by somehow by rallying everyone at EOD.
I rallied people?? When? I didn't "slick by" at all, there just wasn't as much interest in voting me as you seem to think. :confused:
It feels strange. It reads funky. It feels so full of bad vibing.
Hey, man... those are my normal posts, so why don't you take your presuppositions or Scary Name Paranoia or whatever is happening right in this section, and seriously toss it right the fuck out the window, because I promise you that it is all in your head. Bad vibing? Come on, I get that none of these terms are remotely quantifiable, but I assure you in the strongest fashion possible that my posts have been my thoughts, mostly unedited, about the game, so I don't even know where you are getting this from. I'm not offended in any way that you should be concerned about, because we are friends, but I am *reasonably offended* by this characterization, because.... yeah I'm gonna say it.... you're barking up the wrong tree. :haha:
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 132

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:18 pm The reality seems to be Roxy as the main swing vote, if we want to go with a falcon/S~V~S team. If Roxy is town, and won't budge from me, then the game is already over.

Scotty says I'm your teammate, but seems quite fine with swapping over to an svs/falcon team.

That sits well with you? Why does Scotty have to be town?

It seems like you only really care about solving SVS....you're not alone there, quite a few players only care about one player, but why are you so sure of your town read in Scotty in a game where town is getting absolutely smoked?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:27 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:18 pm The reality seems to be Roxy as the main swing vote, if we want to go with a falcon/S~V~S team. If Roxy is town, and won't budge from me, then the game is already over.

Scotty says I'm your teammate, but seems quite fine with swapping over to an svs/falcon team.

That sits well with you? Why does Scotty have to be town?

It seems like you only really care about solving SVS....you're not alone there, quite a few players only care about one player, but why are you so sure of your town read in Scotty in a game where town is getting absolutely smoked?
My earlier good impressions of him were only heightened by his diligent work today, it looks like real solving to me. If he's bad, I am prepared to lose to it. I'm not that interested in a solution that has Scotty as a wolf. He's said all the right things. He's been more paranoid of me than I have been of him. I just like it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Did you really say you could never be this engaged as a wolf??
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:33 pm Did you really say you could never be this engaged as a wolf??

I like the extra ??, very performative
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: LC] aubergine
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:haha: ok sure :rolleyes:
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:07 pm :haha: ok sure :rolleyes:

I mean, you're the one on the block.

The 3 of us can't all be Maf, but what if the 3 of us are town?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:21 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:07 pm :haha: ok sure :rolleyes:

I mean, you're the one on the block.

The 3 of us can't all be Maf, but what if the 3 of us are town?
Then the game is probably lost.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Whichever one of you is the town player that is voting for me. I didn't plan a cute fakeslip after night 2. I genuinely forgot about a nightkill because of my shock that Hal wasn't a wolf, and my mind was on getting in to talk about it as early as possible because I knew that the wolves would jump at the chance to yeet me and win the game. I was online right at 7pm, ready to get postin', and I was like "Epignosis isn't even ONLINE!!" and then I remembered the night was over at 8pm, not 7 (residual from the elimination poll mixup). I went to my buddy's house last night, and I couldn't leave it until after 8pm + posting time because that was too late to go.

So instead I went over, and managed to sneak a peek at the thread on my phone. I scrolled past Epignosis' posts to see player reactions, and tried to post, though it was hasty, phone-posty, eyesight-trouble-tiny-text phone. I honestly forgot that there was a nightkill. If it had been me, then I would have been violating rules and had posts swiftly deleted. My focus was on damage control or whatever after the Hal elimination fiasco.

So there it is. That is my best reconstruction of my perspective during those events/posts, and I promise you that this is a 100% true account.

I did not know that jpic was killed, and I did not fake any of that. If you still need to vote for me after knowing that fact, then I have nothing more impressive to say, and the wolves have won. Thank you for respecting my wolf game that much that you think I would manufacture this whole scenario.

Who do you know that has made a game-altering slip more than me? I can't imagine anyone has come close. This time, it has the potential to save the game for the town.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Vote falcon with me, LC.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Vote falcon with me, Roxy.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Vote falcon with me, me.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

[VOTE: falcon] aubergine
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

In all likelihood LC is a hit here..,I know at least 1 wolf is voting there atm. LC being on his own island voting for SVS just reads as anti-spew.

The other thing with LC is how acquiescent he is to me being town. I know I’m town for {reasons}, but I’m not even sure if LC has fully laid out his own reasons and if I were him, I’d be extremely dubious

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 56

Re: Guitar Mafia [Day 2]

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:55 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:53 pm Maybe. Maybe it's a telling thing to be arguing, probably better to think that way in a game like this. And you obviously didn't search for "Timmerman", Miss Read the ISO... I accused him earlier than even the evil guitar comment.

Like, maybe a silly thing to be arguing, so why is it happening? It's a silly thing altogether, but you made it a thing and then neglected due diligence on my ISO, and Y'KNOW, when I'm searching for clues in an ISO, I READ the posts because context is ESSENTIAL when trying to understand the subtleties of a wolf's deception. Typing in a search term is NOT the way that one looks through ISOs when they're doing detective work, it is how a Wolf looks for a gotcha.

You are that Wolf, and you are caught.
@S~V~S This is my strongest, most clear statement in the game about why I suspect you. You did not engage with it in the slightest, despite engaging me soon after about other things, like how many times Timmer was REALLY mentioned in my ISO.

I would expect at least a token "that's how I always do ISOs" or something, but you avoided even acknowledging it. I understand why. It's because it's true, and I did catch you skim-constructing a case against me while showing evidence of a lack of actually reading my posts.

The reason you said nothing is because you wanted it to go away, and engaging with it would not help that happen.
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:38 pm [VOTE: S~V~S] aubergine My good friend was too aggressive in pushing the idea that my silly list was sinister. Made me suspicious.
So, you suspect me for that conversation (although you voted for me the night before that conversation) wherein you said i was bad becasue I searched your ISO for mentions of "Timmer", not "Timmerman" or "Timmy" or "Timster" or any variant of his actual screen name, *Timmer*. Okey Doke.

You seem to think this was some big catch, like not searching for "Timmerman" was something only a baddie would do, but nah. How do you expect me to engage with that, being accused of not searching for every variation of "Timmer", lol? You were right, you engaged Timmer in a jokey post before your list. But the point I was making was that you never discussed suspecting him or anything. You went from list to vote with nothing inbetween.

This is when you accused me of lying becasue I didn't search for "timmerman", the day after you voted for me.
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:07 am
S~V~S wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:25 am LCs first mention of Timmer was his list, his next mention of Timmer was voting for him.

Yeah definitely a joke list :derp:

Now really bbl
IYour gonna work when you're just telling outright. lies.
Lies lol. that still cracks me up.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

"LCs first mention of Timmer was his list, his next mention of Timmer was voting for him." Yeah, lies. When something is not the truth, it's a lie. You should laugh; you've won the game, congrats. Since you're still adamantly unwilling to read my posts, this is probably the last interaction we'll have this game.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:49 am In all likelihood LC is a hit here..,I know at least 1 wolf is voting there atm. LC being on his own island voting for SVS just reads as anti-spew.

The other thing with LC is how acquiescent he is to me being town. I know I’m town for {reasons}, but I’m not even sure if LC has fully laid out his own reasons and if I were him, I’d be extremely dubious
Fine, Jesus Christ, have it your way. [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

Very well-played, wolves, good game!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:44 am "LCs first mention of Timmer was his list, his next mention of Timmer was voting for him." Yeah, lies. When something is not the truth, it's a lie. You should laugh; you've won the game, congrats. Since you're still adamantly unwilling to read my posts, this is probably the last interaction we'll have this game.
It’s not a lie, I just didn’t search for other versions of Timmers name :shrug:
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Scotty wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:43 am Vote falcon with me, Roxy.
I am voting LC. Is it where my vote is staying? TBH I am not sure bc I am still reading what people are posting and will make a final decision closer to EOD.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

The prob I am having sorting is that final people playing are really good players.

We can all reasonably play our town game as bad.

I know falcon thinks people are only looking to one person but I have not.

I made a case for each player last round to help sort thoughts. Unfortunately it did not help.

Who is bad - honestly I have no clue rn.

LC gave me doubts about my own read of him.

Now I am doubting all my reads.

Like I said we are all good players that can fake our town play.......
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:06 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:44 am "LCs first mention of Timmer was his list, his next mention of Timmer was voting for him." Yeah, lies. When something is not the truth, it's a lie. You should laugh; you've won the game, congrats. Since you're still adamantly unwilling to read my posts, this is probably the last interaction we'll have this game.
It’s not a lie, I just didn’t search for other versions of Timmers name :shrug:
LC's responses have not seemed to sway you - would that be accurate?

What about your Scotty read?

Your falcon read?

Your read of me?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I wish I would have been killed by the baddies unfortunately I was kept bc I make wrong decisions at the final vote.

We are fucked as town if it is up to me FYI
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

@falcon45ca I was v frustrated with you last time we posted at each other. I apologize if I came across as a cunt. I was just flabbergasted by your posts.

Same for everyone playing.

I am sorry.
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:43 pm
Roxy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:43 am @S~V~S I feel you on LC. He has been up for elim for two days yet he has slicked by somehow by rallying everyone at EOD.

It feels strange. It reads funky. It feels so full of bad vibing.

But it also feels a bit off bc you have been laser focused on LC but beyond that I cannot remember you having any other suspicions.

You are tunneling but can you also look out of the hole once in a while and give a few other reads?
Well, at this stage, as I've said, LC is first, I also think Scotty prolly. He's dancing around and I'm just not feeling it.

I think you and Falcon are town, and I've thought so for days. Falcon came in solvey and is working for reactions, which looks towny for Falcon imo, and you are being direct and not trying to tiptoe around people, which is harder to pull off in a small game.
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:57 pm Look, 2 players left are my teammates, I need input from @Long Con & @S~V~S as well. Maybe my solve is right, but it'd be foolish for us not to discuss as much as possible
Sorry I fell off, i started a new job this week, and I don't have an office yet, so I'm working from my new bosses office, so I'm not about to whip out the phone.

I don't think Roxy is bad. I think she would have gone softer on Halyn if she had TMI. Her feelings there felt very real to me :shrug:

I just answered my @s, I have to read your case there. But when I said earlier in the game that there weren't many people I would defend, Rox was one of them, si it's gonna have to be one hell of a case.
@Roxy

This was my reply to your question yesterday. Are you looking for something more in depth?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:10 pm
@Roxy

This was my reply to your question yesterday. Are you looking for something more in depth?
No that was in depth on that.

What I am wondering today is - are LC's posts swaying you at all?
one way or the other?
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Not particularly. He sounds frustrated, which would be applicable either way.

What it also comes down to for me is POE. IMO it’s not you, it’s not Falcon. As I said, I think it’s LC and Scotty, and I feel more strongly about LC.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Roxy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:10 pm @falcon45ca I was v frustrated with you last time we posted at each other. I apologize if I came across as a cunt. I was just flabbergasted by your posts.

I am sorry.

Nah, Roxy we're always good.

I go hard, my mind set has always been if I don't come home bleeding, I didn't try hard enough
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

On a somewhat related note, this song was (and in some ways still is) the hardest song I ever learned to play, took me about a month of working on it. I'd give it a B -

The techniques aren't crazy difficult, but the arrangement is a lil' tricky.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Roxy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:52 pm
I am voting LC. Is it where my vote is staying? TBH I am not sure bc I am still reading what people are posting and will make a final decision closer to EOD.
I’m not gonna exaggerate and say I feel like my solve is a slam dunk but based on how falcon and LC have handled the day, I feel fine

LC has seemingly given up, which on one hand is how Hal felt in the back half of D2, but the difference here is Lc has been very engaged throughout

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Roxy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:10 pm @falcon45ca I was v frustrated with you last time we posted at each other. I apologize if I came across as a cunt. I was just flabbergasted by your posts.

I am sorry.
You good :beer:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:41 pm Not particularly. He sounds frustrated, which would be applicable either way.

What it also comes down to for me is POE. IMO it’s not you, it’s not Falcon. As I said, I think it’s LC and Scotty, and I feel more strongly about LC.
You’re wrong about me, but I guess that’s a discussion for tomorrow if you’re still alive

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:01 pm On a somewhat related note, this song was (and in some ways still is) the hardest song I ever learned to play, took me about a month of working on it. I'd give it a B -

Awesome finger work! I’m not familiar with that song, but does it switch between 4/4 and 6/8 there? That kind of rhythm change is so difficult.

I have to admit, I just started trying to integrate fingerpicking and singing into my auditions this year, and went in with a half-practiced 32-bar rendition of Landslide by Fleetwood Mac and it did NOT go how it went in practice. Just awful. Practice is so important for this in particular. I’m still working on it and feel better now but damn was that brutal. Nothing like a polite smile and ‘Thank you’ to make me just want to throw it all in the river

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I also want to say I respect all of your games, and if I’m wrong I’m wrong, and all I can do it shrug and say well played. I do really think it’s falcon and LC/ their interaction with each other on this page just solidifies my confirmation bias

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:30 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:01 pm On a somewhat related note, this song was (and in some ways still is) the hardest song I ever learned to play, took me about a month of working on it. I'd give it a B -

Awesome finger work! I’m not familiar with that song, but does it switch between 4/4 and 6/8 there? That kind of rhythm change is so difficult.

I have to admit, I just started trying to integrate fingerpicking and singing into my auditions this year, and went in with a half-practiced 32-bar rendition of Landslide by Fleetwood Mac and it did NOT go how it went in practice. Just awful. Practice is so important for this in particular. I’m still working on it and feel better now but damn was that brutal. Nothing like a polite smile and ‘Thank you’ to make me just want to throw it all in the river

It has a schwack load of different time sigs, 4/4, 5/4, 5/8, 11/8, 3/4, prolly some others I'm missing
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:22 pm
I’m not gonna exaggerate and say I feel like my solve is a slam dunk but based on how falcon and LC have handled the day, I feel fine

LC has seemingly given up, which on one hand is how Hal felt in the back half of D2, but the difference here is Lc has been very engaged throughout

It makes absolutely no sense as LC's partner to come at you & Roxy the way I did.

Like, none at all.

You're telegraphing LC's flip, despite the fact that both the previous flips also did not put up a fight to their lynches
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sweet strummin' there, falcon! You deserve to win Guitar Mafia just for that. I hope you're a wolf!
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:45 pm

It makes absolutely no sense as LC's partner to come at you & Roxy the way I did.

Like, none at all.

You're telegraphing LC's flip, despite the fact that both the previous flips also did not put up a fight to their lynches
Perfect sense, actually:
-come out early with the team being Scotty/Roxy, not LC
-claim it’s not LC bc he ‘seems townier’ than Scotty/Roxy
That way, if you can swing it away from LC, end the game now

And me assuming LC’s flip is me prepping for tomorrow, yes. Especially in case I feel like I’ve done some DD here.
I feel like either Roxy or SVS dies in the night. Ain’t no way I’m not on the table for tomorrow.

I’ve mentioned my thought about the previous lynched not putting up a fight. LC is different because he’s been involved and has put in some capacity of solving. I don’t even classify it as laying down and giving up- I think he’s tried a bunch of things here but sometimes you just get beat :shrug:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine to avoid any tomfoolery since LC is officially voting me

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

inb4 it’s just SVS and falcon and LC was right about SVS the whole time lol

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:31 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:45 pm

Like, none at all.

Perfect sense, actually:
-come out early with the team being Scotty/Roxy, not LC
-claim it’s not LC bc he ‘seems townier’ than Scotty/Roxy
That way, if you can swing it away from LC, end the game now

And me assuming LC’s flip is me prepping for tomorrow, yes. Especially in case I feel like I’ve done some DD here.
I feel like either Roxy or SVS dies in the night. Ain’t no way I’m not on the table for tomorrow.

I’ve mentioned my thought about the previous lynched not putting up a fight. LC is different because he’s been involved and has put in some capacity of solving. I don’t even classify it as laying down and giving up- I think he’s tried a bunch of things here but sometimes you just get beat :shrug:

And here we have Scotty prepping a mislynch for a F3
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

There's no F3. Stop wasting your time.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Almost there. Two smug wolves voting me, and two town members who chose to ignore that I very obviously townslipped, and probably didn't really read the posts that I put the most heart and desperate honesty into. So, bed made. I have no idea who is who anymore, and most likely I never really did.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh my God, Scotty... it IS you, isn't it?

You're kind of a jerk for messing with me so much, really.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty and S~V~S. Too delightful. GG.

Return to “Previous Hustles”