New Process for Game Submissions

Want to know what's new at The Syndicate? Check out site-wide announcements here.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

New Process for Game Submissions

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hello to all the Cindy and Kate and other members of the Syndicate.

We're rolling out a new process for hosting games on the site, and I will provide a summary here. First, let's discuss what has been here before and will no longer be here:

~ The queues. We are doing away with all hosting queues entirely for all game types.
~ This inherently also means the previous queue prioritization rules will be less applicable (e.g., limiting repeat hosts).

Instead of a queue, we will be operating on a first-come-first-serve submit-and-run process. Prospective hosts that wish to run a game will have two primary tasks:

1) Submit a game idea to the "Target Hits (Game Submissions)" subforum. This was already necessary, and it remains so. This submission thread should feature at least basic details about the structure and theme of the game and, in the title, indicate which game type it is intended for (Job, Heist, or Racket). Hustles and Burglaries do not need to be submitted in this way, and Special Games will be communicated between hosts and the administration team when they are appropriate.
--- 1a) We'll also provide a template for hosts to use that will allow them to easily describe the basic details. Hosts will not be required to reveal more than they want to reveal. More details on this will be available in the submissions forum.

2) Contact a member of the site staff associated with the game submissions process. Currently, that is @Marmot and I. Others may join us in that role in due time. Indicate that you have submitted a game, and that you would like to put it into sign-ups.

The staff member will review the game to verify the I's are dotted and T's are crossed, and assuming it's good to go, we'll give you permissions to open sign-ups right away.

NOTE: At least for the time being, we will not be accepting game submissions for any single game type if there is already a game up for sign-ups in that game type. Otherwise, we'd just essentially be building a queue again. If there is no game open for sign-ups, then it's all fair game. And it's first-come-first-serve.

This will NOT take effect immediately.

We will leave a grace period of approximately two months (subject to change) to allow the prospective hosts that have already been waiting in the queue to get first dibs.

Anyone who was already in any of the queues will have first dibs for each game type once the sign-ups currently opened are closed.

Hosts in the queue for JOBS:

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, @Dragon D. Luffy, @MartinGG99, @Dyslexicon, @Marmot, @Golden, @Roxy, @fingersplints, @☆Princess Abigail☆, and @Epignosis.

Once the current game in sign-ups enters play (Severance), Jobs will be open for anyone on this list to claim first dibs.

Hosts in the queue for HEISTS:

@dunya, @G-Man, @LinearPoint, and @leetic

Once the current game in sign-ups enters play (Ted Lasso), Heists will be open for anyone on this list to claim first dibs.

The next RACKET sign-ups are already possessed by @DrWilgy.

After him, it's just @leetic who submitted a game today.

Jay, I am very confused. Or I have a question. Or I need clarification.

Don't hesitate to let me know. Drop me a line on-site or on Discord (username "jaggedjimmyjay"), and I am happy to answer to the best of my ability.

Is this permanent forever and ever and ever?

As with any decision like this, we will see how it goes. The staff reserves the right to change this process if we deem it necessary, to include but not limited to reverting back to the previous queue system.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: New Process for Game Submissions

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, @Dragon D. Luffy, @MartinGG99, @Dyslexicon, @Marmot, @Golden, @Roxy, @fingersplints, @☆Princess Abigail☆, and @Epignosis

The next job is open. You are all in the "first dibs" group since you were previously in the queue. Whoever claims the spot first will have the next sign-ups, and they may be started as soon as you're ready. To make the claim, you can respond here or send me a PM. First come first serve.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

If in the unlikely event that nobody calls dibs by then, I would likely want to post my signups on Monday/Tuesday after reviewing my setup one last time. I first posted it more than a year ago, and I don't know if any of my hosting principles / opinions on balance have changed since then.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:09 am If in the unlikely event that nobody calls dibs by then, I would likely want to post my signups on Monday/Tuesday after reviewing my setup one last time. I first posted it more than a year ago, and I don't know if any of my hosting principles / opinions on balance have changed since then.
Go for it Martin! :cloud9:
;)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Epignosis »

Roxy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:22 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:09 am If in the unlikely event that nobody calls dibs by then, I would likely want to post my signups on Monday/Tuesday after reviewing my setup one last time. I first posted it more than a year ago, and I don't know if any of my hosting principles / opinions on balance have changed since then.
What she said.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:13 pm
Roxy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:22 am
What she said.
What he said
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Alright I'll call dibs then, but like I said I probably won't be posting signups till Monday because I want to be sure that I have the setup right
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:29 pm Alright I'll call dibs then, but like I said I probably won't be posting signups till Monday because I want to be sure that I have the setup right
Sounds good. I'll give you permissions, and you should feel free to do your thing. Thanks for being reasonable, everyone! :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I'm skipping for now. I still want to host my game, but the setup design is late, and I don't think I'm finishing it so fast. Thanks for the invite!
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Just a note I'm redesigning my game from the ground up so I won't be ready to run it for a while. If you wanna pull me from the queue you can.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, @Dragon D. Luffy, @Dyslexicon, @Marmot, @Golden, @Roxy, @fingersplints, and @Epignosis

Next Job is up for grabs for whoever wishes to claim it.

Next Heist is up for grabs for whoever wishes to claim it. leetic, I know you have a Racket up already, so no pressure.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lemme host a job. Been a minute.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:04 pm Lemme host a job. Been a minute.
You have officially claimed dibs. :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:39 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:04 pm Lemme host a job. Been a minute.
You have officially claimed dibs. :beer:
Oh boy. :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'll get something into signups once I (hopefully) survive this weekend. Boss is traveling, and it's just me handling everything for three days. Fuck you NFL for Saturday slates.
leetic
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

I'm willing to take the Heist spot, if and only if we can get the remaining four players to sign up for Wolfwalkers. Come on people!
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Battle of the Bands Mafia sign ups are now live.
leetic
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

So I officially call the Heist! Signups for Kagemusha will be up soon
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

leetic wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:37 pm So I officially call the Heist! Signups for Kagemusha will be up soon
Acknowledged!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The "first dibs" grace period has ended, and we will proceed into the new system starting now. Refer to the first post of this thread for the first-come-first-serve procedure, and let me know if you have any questions.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:29 pm Hello to all the Cindy and Kate and other members of the Syndicate.

We're rolling out a new process for hosting games on the site, and I will provide a summary here. First, let's discuss what has been here before and will no longer be here:

~ The queues. We are doing away with all hosting queues entirely for all game types.
~ This inherently also means the previous queue prioritization rules will be less applicable (e.g., limiting repeat hosts).

Instead of a queue, we will be operating on a first-come-first-serve submit-and-run process. Prospective hosts that wish to run a game will have two primary tasks:

1) Submit a game idea to the "Target Hits (Game Submissions)" subforum. This was already necessary, and it remains so. This submission thread should feature at least basic details about the structure and theme of the game and, in the title, indicate which game type it is intended for (Job, Heist, or Racket). Hustles and Burglaries do not need to be submitted in this way, and Special Games will be communicated between hosts and the administration team when they are appropriate.
--- 1a) We'll also provide a template for hosts to use that will allow them to easily describe the basic details. Hosts will not be required to reveal more than they want to reveal. More details on this will be available in the submissions forum.

2) Contact a member of the site staff associated with the game submissions process. Currently, that is @Marmot and I. Others may join us in that role in due time. Indicate that you have submitted a game, and that you would like to put it into sign-ups.

The staff member will review the game to verify the I's are dotted and T's are crossed, and assuming it's good to go, we'll give you permissions to open sign-ups right away.

NOTE: At least for the time being, we will not be accepting game submissions for any single game type if there is already a game up for sign-ups in that game type. Otherwise, we'd just essentially be building a queue again. If there is no game open for sign-ups, then it's all fair game. And it's first-come-first-serve.

This will NOT take effect immediately.

We will leave a grace period of approximately two months (subject to change) to allow the prospective hosts that have already been waiting in the queue to get first dibs.

Anyone who was already in any of the queues will have first dibs for each game type once the sign-ups currently opened are closed.

Hosts in the queue for JOBS:

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, @Dragon D. Luffy, @MartinGG99, @Dyslexicon, @Marmot, @Golden, @Roxy, @fingersplints, @☆Princess Abigail☆, and @Epignosis.

Once the current game in sign-ups enters play (Severance), Jobs will be open for anyone on this list to claim first dibs.

Hosts in the queue for HEISTS:

Once the current game in sign-ups enters play (Ted Lasso), Heists will be open for anyone on this list to claim first dibs.

The next RACKET sign-ups are already possessed by @DrWilgy.

After him, it's just @leetic who submitted a game today.

Jay, I am very confused. Or I have a question. Or I need clarification.

Don't hesitate to let me know. Drop me a line on-site or on Discord (username "jaggedjimmyjay"), and I am happy to answer to the best of my ability.

Is this permanent forever and ever and ever?

As with any decision like this, we will see how it goes. The staff reserves the right to change this process if we deem it necessary, to include but not limited to reverting back to the previous queue system.
Please remove me from all game queues.
;)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm looking to host The Avengers as soon as the GOC concludes. Can I get dibs on that?

(Job)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:59 pm I'm looking to host The Avengers as soon as the GOC concludes. Can I get dibs on that?

(Job)
It's all yours. :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:59 pm I'm looking to host The Avengers as soon as the GOC concludes. Can I get dibs on that?

(Job)
In!!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:13 am

(Job)
In!!
:nicenod:

Return to “Announcements”