Total votes: 11
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Severance [Workday Four]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Welcome to the severed floor at Lumon Industries.

Host

@JaggedJimmyJay

Moderator on Duty

@S~V~S

Players (7)

@Alexy - posts
@Cape90 - posts
@DarlingMonroe - posts
@DrWilgy - posts
@potentialsheltervet - posts
@Scotty - posts
@tutuu - posts

Eliminated (7)

@Porscha - posts - Eliminated on Workday One - Vanilla Town
@nutella - posts - Killed during Closing Hours One - Vanilla Town
@ilario - posts - Eliminated on Workday Two - Vanilla Mafioso
@Jackofhearts2005 - posts - Killed during Closing Hours Two - Power Role Town
@Delta - posts - Eliminated on Workday Three - Independent
@Long Con - posts - Killed during Closing Hours Three - Power Role Town
@Lime Coke - posts - Eliminated on Workday Four - Power Role Mafia

Other

@robyn - posts
@WindwardAway - posts
@Bereft - posts

Workdays (day phases) are 48 hours long. Closed Hours Phases (night phases) are 24 hours long.
Remember that the premier rules in any Syndicate Mafia game come straight from the site rules. Review those rules below, and direct any concerns you may have to the host or moderator(s) on duty.

[Link] Rules and Guidelines on The Syndicate

Also always be mindful of the culture of respect that must be maintained in all Syndicate spaces at all times, to include this game thread and any external communication spaces relating to the game. Players must be respectful to one another, to the game host, to the members of the staff overseeing the game, to the game itself by way of its rules and spirit, to the Syndicate community in general, and ideally also to themselves. Respect is never optional. See our full manifesto on our culture of respect below.

[Link] A Syndicate Mafia Culture of Respect
Game rules and guidelines (note especially voting rules #2, #5, and #8, but all rules apply)

Spoiler: show
Voting and Claiming Rules

1.) Claim whatever you want if anything.
2.) Votes in the poll are official, and I will only consider the poll votes when I resolve a day phase. It is still obligatory to call votes in the game thread, as the poll does not track voting order. Call your votes to make it possible to discern timing and order. This is not optional. Please call votes with the [ vote ][ /vote ] tags (no spaces).
3.) Votes are changeable with no limitations.
4.) Voting is not obligatory. There is no requirement to vote in any phase whatsoever. There are participation standards though, which I'll cover separately.
5.) The player who has received the most votes at the deadline shall be eliminated. There is no majority hammer.
6.) In the event of a tied vote, the eliminated player shall be decided among the tied names at random.
7.) A "no elimination" option will be included each day phase. This option must lead the tally with no ties to be enacted at any time.
8.) YOU MAY NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF. THIS IS NOT IN THE INTENDED SPIRIT OF MY GAME, AND IT RELATES TO RULES AGAINST EXCESSIVE APPEAL TO EMOTION.

Participation Standard

There is no rigid standard for participation; this will be at the host's discretion. All players are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute to the game thread consistently enough that their content can be fairly judged. Non-participation has an adverse effect upon the balance of the game. If I decide a player is not participating enough to facilitate this balance, that player will be replaced. If a replacement cannot be found, there might be a modkill. With this in mind I reiterate: it's very important that everyone try to participate. At least a few posts per day/night cycle are a bare minimum.

Other

1.) Respect all guidelines and rules found in The Syndicate's announcements section. Above all else, treat your fellow players with respect -- this is just a game.
2.) BTSC (behind the scenes chatter) is only permitted in host-designated locations.
3.) No editing or deleting of posts in the game thread.
4.) Just don't make posts when you're dead unless you have been given express permission by the host.
5.) Non-players may not post in the game thread.
6.) Living players wishing to discuss something off-topic may choose to do so in {Off-Topic} Green. There's an "OT" button for this in the post editor. This is not required.
7.) If you ever have any questions about the rules, roles, or setup, please ask me privately.

Angleshooting, excessive appeal to emotion, and loopholes

Don't.

We all know what the spirit of Mafia is about. So don't. If you ever think something might be cutting it close, just ask me before doing it/saying it. Thanks gang.

Examples of things that suck:
- Relying on volatile emotionality as a strategy to progress the game for yourself (or posting the same material non-strategically). Utilize the moderators on duty.
- Referencing out-of-game personal information to progress yourself in the game (regardless of alignment) -- you can mention things about life, just don't expect it to necessarily be worth added grace in the game.
- Trying to use specific wording in your role card to glean information in the thread
- Making reads or judgments about the game based upon who you see in the "Who is online" section under the thread
- Openly calling for or talking about the mafia team conceding
- Discussing anything outside the game thread that should have no bearing on it (e.g., technical quirks you observe on Discord) other than ordinary metagaming
- Plenty of other things; there are too many to list. Contact me if you're tempted but unsure or if you believe someone else has engaged in an angleshooting or appeal to emotion violation.

Role priorities and details

If there are any roleblocking paradoxes, they will be resolved as follows:
---> Two roleblockers target each other ---> First action submitted trumps the other
---> Two jailkeepers target each other ---> First action submitted trumps the other
---> A jailkeeper and a roleblocker target each other ---> roleblocker wins
These things may or may not be possible in this game.

- Double targeting (targeting the same player on consecutive nights) is legal for all roles/abilities that cannot prevent mafia night kills and illegal for those that can.
- Self targeting is legal except when explicitly indicated otherwise.

If you have questions about stuff like this, just ask me in the Discord Hub. I reserve the right to decline answering if I see fit.

Sample vanilla town role card
You're a severed employee working at Lumon Industries (town).

You have no special abilities.
JaggedJimmyJay's hosting preference for questions about the game

Always feel free to ask questions. But please do so privately. Contact me in the Discord Hub. I do not like to answer questions publicly in the game thread. Thanks, everyone.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Severance [pre-game]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

reserved

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The game is scheduled to begin at 7:00 PM Mountain Standard Time (6:00 PM PST, 9:00 PM EST) tomorrow (Monday).

All role cards will be distributed exclusively in the Discord Hub. I will send a mass PM to all players reiterating this point.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 1

Post by S~V~S »

Hello and Welcome to Lumon! Good Luck to all of you!

A few reminders; Mafia is a game, and we are friends. Not srs bsns, not ever.

If you find yourself stressing out, or think someone else is being an asshat, or even fear *you're* turning into an asshat, don't tell the thread, tell me.

I can be reached on Discord: svs2147, I’m in the game hub. Just @ me in your personal channel.

Or onsite via PM:
S~V~S

Discord is quicker. I check it during the workday more than I log in onsite.

I live in NY, so I am in USA Eastern Time, aka UTC-5

If you have concerns or questions about the game itself, contact your host, the esteemed
JaggedJimmyJay

If you want to report a specific post, since mods are playing this game, I would appreciate it if you didn't use the "report a post" feature and instead linked me directly to the post in question via PM or Discord. It's just a little better for game integrity if you do it that way! Thank you
:cloud9:

Take a moment to review our Guidelines and Rules, which apply to all games here at the Syndicate:
Remember that the premier rules in any Syndicate Mafia game come straight from the site rules. Review those rules below, and direct any concerns you may have to the host or moderator(s) on duty.

[Link] Rules and Guidelines on The Syndicate

Also always be mindful of the culture of respect that must be maintained in all Syndicate spaces at all times, to include this game thread and any external communication spaces relating to the game. Players must be respectful to one another, to the game host, to the members of the staff overseeing the game, to the game itself by way of its rules and spirit, to the Syndicate community in general, and ideally also to themselves. Respect is never optional. See our full manifesto on our culture of respect below.

[Link] A Syndicate Mafia Culture of Respect
[/spoiler
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Severance [Workday One]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Good morning, refiners! I'm sure you all had a wonderful weekend, and it's time get a running start into this Monday. However, we have a problem, refiners. It seems a little someone failed to file their Friday refinement inventory in accordance with the Handbook, and you all know that this will not do. When one member of the team does not uphold Keir's vision, the entire company suffers for it. I'll speak with your department chief today, and unfortunately someone is going to have to pay a visit to the breakroom.

Workday One begins now. You have 48 hours to eliminate someone. The game is underway, and you may post!

@Alexy
@Cape90
@DarlingMonroe
@Delta
@DrWilgy
@ilario
@Jackofhearts2005
@Lime Coke
@Long Con
@nutella
@Porscha
@potentialsheltervet
@Scotty
@tutuu

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Half players! Will two players be eliminated today?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 71
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sup ill be around later
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 283

Post by tutuu »

Greetings everyone! My name is tutuu, and I am most definitely town.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Game relevant thoughts with mild spoilers about the premise of the show, not about particular events:
Severed people have a "split personality" that share the same body; neither of them are aware, experience, or remember what the other one does. As the playerlist is cut in half, and we are at our workplace, my guess is that the other half of the playerlist are also "us" (sharing the same life with another player) - and they will play perhaps a separate Mafia game that's outside our work place, probably during our night phase, and even though two people might share the same life they might be different alignments
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 66

Post by DrWilgy »

Good morning. My name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor. A pleasure to meet you
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 66

Post by DrWilgy »

LC town, Nutella Null, Tutuu W.

Ezpzlemomsqueezy
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 139
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Akasuki gained stop.

Nipple man lost stop.

It's wild to think.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Hey.

Has anyone been
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

HI

Tutuu is TOWN
Long Con is MAFIA
Wilgy is TOWN
Brad is MAFIA
Scotty is TOWN
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

LC and LC lol how bou dat
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Nutella is most definitely

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Since Mac isn't in our thread I've declared myself the Mac of this office. Get yr TPS reports in line ya freaks
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:20 pm LC and LC lol how bou dat
One of them can be LC, and the other one can be Budget LC or Scuffed LC. We all know which one I'm talking about.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

tutuu wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:22 pm
One of them can be LC, and the other one can be Budget LC or Scuffed LC. We all know which one I'm talking about.
Thaaaanks Tutuuuuu! :hugs:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:23 pm
You're very welcome, Budget LC.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

tutuu wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:24 pm
:D
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Smiling through being broke AF.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

What’s the difference between Scotty and

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:27 pm
What’s the difference between Scotty and
One’s a dawg and the other is

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

But seriously, nutella is bad and LC is

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Scotty is a techno song that builds up to the breakdown but it doesn't have a breakdown.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Scotty reminds me of that fun and friendly grandpa with dementia at family gatherings.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I appreciate tutuu offering some insight into our counterparts. I do wonder however how the game is split. Considering we have the option to vote no-lynch, there’s significant doubt about how the split (heh) has been handled faction-wise. An even split would be a bad assumption, though it is probably a wise assumption that we have at least someone bad here at

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

tutuu wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:32 pm Scotty reminds me of that fun and friendly grandpa with dementia at family gatherings.
You remind me of the train whistle when

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:20 pm Game relevant thoughts with mild spoilers about the premise of the show, not about particular events:
Severed people have a "split personality" that share the same body; neither of them are aware, experience, or remember what the other one does. As the playerlist is cut in half, and we are at our workplace, my guess is that the other half of the playerlist are also "us" (sharing the same life with another player) - and they will play perhaps a separate Mafia game that's outside our work place, probably during our night phase, and even though two people might share the same life they might be different alignments
If they share one body, then maybe our deaths are linked to the 'partner'. Maybe the elimination polls go by who has the most votes across the two?
Scotty wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:15 pm Hey.

Has anyone been
Oh. I have been.
:hugs:
Scotty wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:35 pm I appreciate tutuu offering some insight into our counterparts. I do wonder however how the game is split. Considering we have the option to vote no-lynch, there’s significant doubt about how the split (heh) has been handled faction-wise. An even split would be a bad assumption, though it is probably a wise assumption that we have at least someone bad here at
Anyone here could be town with a wolf counterpart, in theory.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty what is up with the unfinished
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

We seem to have a subforum dedicated for this game (normal games don't have a dedicated subforum).

I'm unsure how forum permissions work, but it would be flavorful if the other half of the playerlist can't even read this thread, and we can't read their thread, if that's possible at all.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:51 pm We seem to have a subforum dedicated for this game (normal games don't have a dedicated subforum).

I'm unsure how forum permissions work, but it would be flavorful if the other half of the playerlist can't even read this thread, and we can't read their thread, if that's possible at all.
Yes, inception was like that
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

If I were to design this game, I would make each pair share the same slot, role and alignment, and try to balance the game around town having double chop every day (most of the time) and mafia having double night kill every night (most of the time).

Jay was very insistent and hopeful on having a large amount of players, which would be needed to make something like this possible.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:57 pm If I were to design this game, I would make each pair share the same slot, role and alignment, and try to balance the game around town having double chop every day (most of the time) and mafia having double night kill every night (most of the time).

Jay was very insistent and hopeful on having a large amount of players, which would be needed to make something like this possible.
Yes, I agree.

Does it take lots of votes in one place to control the elimination? Like, if our guy has five and their top has four, then our guy AND his partner on the flipside both get eliminated?

Maybe. We could strategize around that but why? Best to treat it as normal I guess.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:59 pm
tutuu wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:57 pm If I were to design this game, I would make each pair share the same slot, role and alignment, and try to balance the game around town having double chop every day (most of the time) and mafia having double night kill every night (most of the time).

Yes, I agree.

Does it take lots of votes in one place to control the elimination? Like, if our guy has five and their top has four, then our guy AND his partner on the flipside both get eliminated?

Maybe. We could strategize around that but why? Best to treat it as normal I guess.
I would guess they both get eliminated, and we have no control over what happens in that game, at least for now, unless a mechanic lets us.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Definitely a unique game style I'm kind of excited with that and the playerlist for this.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:02 am Definitely a unique game style I'm kind of excited with that and the playerlist for this.
They could have at least split the two of us up. :fist: :haha:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

We should have been Severed-partners.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:03 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:02 am Definitely a unique game style I'm kind of excited with that and the playerlist for this.
They could have at least split the two of us up. :fist: :haha:
Nah I like having you around. It brings out the me in you.
Alexy
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alexy »

wait so is there another thread with the other half of the players? I'm assuming the fact that it isn't viewable to me is not a mistake?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hmm. It's too unwieldy for someone to be town and have a wolf flipside partner. If someone's a wolf here, then they're a wolf over there.

If it's one Wolf team, then maybe it's 3 on each side. 3 out of 14 player, that's reasonable, right? And maybe they can't communicate, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Alexy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:06 am wait so is there another thread with the other half of the players? I'm assuming the fact that it isn't viewable to me is not a mistake?
Yeah I don't think the other thread is viewable to us.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

tutuu wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:51 pm We seem to have a subforum dedicated for this game (normal games don't have a dedicated subforum).

Wait, y’all can’t read the other

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:49 pm Scotty what is up with the unfinished
I’d tell you but then I’d have to

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:49 pm
tutuu wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:20 pm Game relevant thoughts with mild spoilers about the premise of the show, not about particular events:
If they share one body, then maybe our deaths are linked to the 'partner'. Maybe the elimination polls go by who has the most votes across the two?
I highly doubt this based on the wording of my

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

We have 27 players. I often feel like half of a man but the math doesn’t seem

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Alexy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:06 am wait so is there another thread with the other half of the players? I'm assuming the fact that it isn't viewable to me is not a mistake?
Nah it makes sense thematically for the other group to be in a different thread

Also hi nice to

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

God dammit Scotty if you don't finish your sentences in the near future I'm going to

Return to “Previous Jobs”