Post by MartinGG99 »

Timelines Mafia
A 15-player setup inspired by Edge of Tomorrow

Eleven Good Timeline
One Prime Timeline
Three Evil Timeline

Role-cards:

Good Timeline
You are a Good Timeline! You currently do not have any powers. However, if the Prime Timeline is killed or eliminated, you have a chance of obtaining their role!

You, along with the Prime Timeline, must defeat all Evil Timelines.
Prime Timeline
You are the Prime Timeline!

If you die your role will be immediately passed onto another Good Timeline, unless your role would exist in a F7/F5/F3 scenario.

Your role has the following abilities, depending on the number of times your role has been passed onto a Good Timeline.

Deaths during the day do not count.

Initial abilities: Odd-night tracker & 1x Bodyguard (Redirect onto yourself the factional or extra kill if it is hitting your target for a night; Charge is lost either on successful use or on death)
One death: Even-night tracker
Two deaths: 1x Alignment cop check (Charge is passed onto next timeline if you are killed while checking)

You, along with the Good Timelines, must defeat all Evil Timelines.
When the role is transferred, the following message is attached along with a copy of the role description:
The Prime Timeline has died. You are the new Prime Timeline!
Evil Timeline
You are a Evil Timeline! You have no individual powers, but your Evil Timeline faction does!

Your faction has the following abilities:
1x Extra Night Kill
1x Role-block
2x Role-cop (does not detect who has the new Prime Timeline role if the previous one was killed the night of the check)

These factional abilities may be used alongside the factional kill, both of which are assigned to Evil Timelines. However, each Evil Timeline can only use one at a time (Example: You can't factional kill and role-block in a single night as one Evil Timeline; you would need two Evil Timelines to do that).

You also have a permanent chat with your allies:

You, along with your faction, must control at least half of the votes in the game or have nothing preventing that from happening.
Other stuff/notes:

Start date of December 8th, if full game. If signups do not fill by noon of December 7th, then signups will close and start date will be moved to the 11th. A downsized game will be had, with balancing to the best of my ability.

Phases will be 48/24, with SoD/EoD at 8pm. Put this " <t:1702083600:F> " into a discord message & send it somewhere to get a timestamp that shows the exact hour in your time-zone correctly.

Maximum length, assuming the extra kill is used, is 17 days. If the game approaches the holidays, living players may ask for a pause in the game which I will enact if there is enough consensus.

A discord hub will be used for ease of player/host communication.

Elimination will be plurality only, because I'm not an omniscient being capable of running majority on this site.

Whatever I screenshot of the vote poll is final, don't be surprised if your last-second vote change isn't counted.

Ties will be decided by our long-time friend, RNGjesus, except where mafia winning the tie would instantly win the game for them.

Minimum 10 posts per day phase. They can be anything. Only one warning of this, then replacement. Modkill instead if no replacements immediately available. Prods outside of these will be given out at my discretion.

And finally:
Remember that the premier rules in any Syndicate Mafia game come straight from the site rules. Review those rules below, and direct any concerns you may have to the host or moderator(s) on duty.

[Link] Rules and Guidelines on The Syndicate

Also always be mindful of the culture of respect that must be maintained in all Syndicate spaces at all times, to include this game thread and any external communication spaces relating to the game. Players must be respectful to one another, to the game host, to the members of the staff overseeing the game, to the game itself by way of its rules and spirit, to the Syndicate community in general, and ideally also to themselves. Respect is never optional. See our full manifesto on our culture of respect below.

[Link] A Syndicate Mafia Culture of Respect
Please remember that there is always a game "Moderator On Duty" (MoD) or "Game Facilitator" assigned to every game on The Syndicate. They are there to listen to your problems during the game and can potentially assist you if you have any issues with another player or the host. Their purpose, in that regard, is to make the game more enjoyable for everyone involved while also more respectful if need be.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
Spoiler: show
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Re: Timelines Mafia - [0/15]

Post by MartinGG99 »

Do want to note that if there is enough demand I am open to adjusting the specific start date. I just figured it would be easier for everyone if I proposed one right out the gate.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scotty »

Hoooooo boy this looks trippy

I’m ready to change the future
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I LOVE The Edge Of Tomorrow! Thoroughly enjoyable, and the last few seconds of the movie just give me joy every time.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 1

Post by S~V~S »

This sounds very interesting and kinda chaotic. I'm in.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Re: Timelines Mafia - [4/15]

Post by MartinGG99 »

First four people are all associated with (tbh idk if Long Con counts as staff but I do know he has a special color and has been here for a long time) or part of staff? Preety cool!
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:33 am First four people are all associated with (tbh idk if Long Con counts as staff but I do know he has a special color and has been here for a long time) or part of staff? Preety cool!
We’re all staff. We’re all a team in this war we call Figuring Out the Truth.

Hoo-rah
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:33 am First four people are all associated with (tbh idk if Long Con counts as staff but I do know he has a special color and has been here for a long time) or part of staff? Preety cool!
Graphic Design team! :noble:
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Timelines Mafia - [8/15]

Post by DarlingMonroe »

Sounds cool. I am in.
summer comes, winter goes; spring, I skip... God knows...
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Re: Timelines Mafia - [9/15]

Post by MartinGG99 »

Added two clarifications to the setup. Nothings changed, just made things clearer.

First is what is said when the prime timeline is transferred upon a prime's death, and whether role-cops check after or before a transfer (they check before).
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Will be setting up a discord server within like 24 hours with what I have for a hypothetical downsized setup. Discussion/suggestions by everyone involved will be possible till the 11th where I will send out role-cards and start D1 of the downsized game.

Will @ all signs when I create the discord server.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Made
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Im down to sub if you need one after December 17th!
Pov: you reading my takes
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:48 pm Will be setting up a discord server within like 24 hours with what I have for a hypothetical downsized setup. Discussion/suggestions by everyone involved will be possible till the 11th where I will send out role-cards and start D1 of the downsized game.

Will @ all signs when I create the discord server.
I've made it now here: https://discord.gg/C4Aw2e72xG

I forgot to make this before sleeping lol. Have been cramming in an assignment I have due in like 16 hours. Anyways, there'll be details in the server about the suggested downsized setup as well as a discord timestamp when the details will be finalized / game begins.

@Epignosis
@☆Princess Abigail☆
@Scotty
@Long Con
@S~V~S
@robyn
@DrWilgy
@pyxxy
@DarlingMonroe
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:

Return to “Previous Job Sign-Ups”