JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Severance [Day Five]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Also to clarify when the merge occurred:

The game was designed to merge as soon as either thread reached a point where it could be "resolved" the next day (so either one mafia member is alive or the thread is headed to an endgame phase). This was because the game fundamentally breaks if one thread is allowed to play to completion, given that if town wins one and mafia wins the other, we end up with nonsense.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

so you're telling me

I solved it D3
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I do kind of regret barring everyone from quoting the previous threads in this merge. I didn't want it, because it seemed antithetical to *the point of the game* (and the theme), but it probably would have been more fair if I'd have just allowed that.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

jk ggs 😛
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 229
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

If the "if one partner dies they both die at endgame" mechanic was revealed to the wolves, I really think the town should have had this information too. Just saying.

Also, what was Bereft's role?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Like I waste half of the phase trying to figure out what role/mechanic was threatening to end the game
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:36 pm If the "if one partner dies they both die at endgame" mechanic was revealed to the wolves, I really think the town should have had this information too. Just saying.

vt
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:36 pm If the "if one partner dies they both die at endgame" mechanic was revealed to the wolves, I really think the town should have had this information too. Just saying.

Understandable, and I did consider that. I ended up determining it would be broken to reveal that publicly, since it'd end up implicitly outing players' alignments given the game not ending on a flip.

Bereft was vanilla town killed by a janitor.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 81
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

@☆Princess Abigail☆ @pyxxy @robyn @Jackofhearts2005 @WindwardAway

As you now know I played this game in a very targeted pockety way... to you fine folks in particular I apologize profusely for any mental distress this has caused. You played well. Do not blame yourselves or feel shame. Ingame is ingame, out of game is out of game, and everything I said about out of game stuff holds true, I wish you all the best and it was a pleasure to get to know you better. If you need to vent or would like to talk to me about anything, I understand and am open for it.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:35 pm I do kind of regret barring everyone from quoting the previous threads in this merge. I didn't want it, because it seemed antithetical to *the point of the game* (and the theme), but it probably would have been more fair if I'd have just allowed that.
I liked the no quoting. my brain is fried. i had and will have more detailed balance feedback but for later.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

I'm not an easy player to pocket. That said, I often find it difficult to fight against thread momentum. I was considering Ranmilia for the entire phase, the NK results and pairing analyses heavily pointed in that direction, but never had the opportunity/confidence to really push it
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

that pocket was warm af ty for checking no issues to report o7

jack's the one who I would send immediate dance party experience to
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

it was not explicitly revealed to us. only that we could achieve a win if we voted out a living town/town pair. I was and still am not entirely sure what would have happened if a town/wolf was voted out.

We were uh. flying pretty blind and worked very hard to compile information and find Wilgy as the exact target we could win on.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 pm that pocket was warm af ty for checking no issues to report o7

oh y'all don't even know

i kept up the act with jack in our private chat ALL THE WAY TO THE END. my reporting of our chat was genuine, the only things i made up were right at the very end, he was actually gone throughout the evening and never suspected wilgy.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:43 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 pm that pocket was warm af ty for checking no issues to report o7

oh y'all don't even know

i kept up the act with jack in our private chat ALL THE WAY TO THE END. my reporting of our chat was genuine, the only things i made up were right at the very end, he was actually gone throughout the evening and never suspected wilgy.
in other news you have graced me with two gifts

a manic pyxxy town game and a pyxxy missed EOD game

these will come in handy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Some of the private teamwork was spectacular, and it made me proud as the host. Even if the teams weren't always aligned, it was really cool to see folks trying.

Also major nod to nutella and Mac who really talked it out a lot on Night 1 knowing full well they might never get the chance to post as a pair.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 pm I'm not an easy player to pocket. That said, I often find it difficult to fight against thread momentum. I was considering Ranmilia for the entire phase, the NK results and pairing analyses heavily pointed in that direction, but never had the opportunity/confidence to really push it
ye you were getting there, i indeed did not have any answer to "why aren't you going rondo?"

the gira kill was... pretty much forced by the unfortunate eod. killing him made me look awful, leaving him alive would likely be worse. i think. i very very heavily considered leaving him alive and going for the "i totally would have killed you" play, i wonder if it would have worked. but we were forced to make one of our kills in home thread anyway and gira was just the best target by all reasonable measures.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:38 pm

Understandable, and I did consider that. I ended up determining it would be broken to reveal that publicly, since it'd end up implicitly outing players' alignments given the game not ending on a flip.

Bereft was vanilla town killed by a janitor.
If it was open knowledge, it probably would have resulted in one of Abby/Ranmilia/Alexy going down due to being the safest options, so I think wolves could have still played around it. But town couldn't have reasonably anticipated that being the reason why the game would end, and telling wolves how to end the game without telling town how to prevent it gave wolves a pretty huge setup advantage in the last phase.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This list is probably outdated, but there's a good chance @leetic hits the top 15 from this game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:45 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:43 pm

oh y'all don't even know

in other news you have graced me with two gifts

a manic pyxxy town game and a pyxxy missed EOD game

these will come in handy
also

my lowest point in this entire game was when you came into that day raring and suspecting me. i thought i was so unbelievably dead, the whole game was just over and i was just going to go antispew and have rondo start bussing, because yeah you were spot on... and then you hit one of the banana peels.

do not feel bad about that. you did great.
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 pm

it was not explicitly revealed to us. only that we could achieve a win if we voted out a living town/town pair. I was and still am not entirely sure what would have happened if a town/wolf was voted out.

We were uh. flying pretty blind and worked very hard to compile information and find Wilgy as the exact target we could win on.
thanks for your help @leetic
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

In particular, I thought I was being helpful trying to figure out the pairings but that could've ended up costing the game. I feel like unanticipatable elements like that aren't fun. Still, I think the balance was fair otherwise.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:53 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 pm

thanks for your help @leetic
Yeah, a reason why I'm not too happy with the balance decision.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by tutuu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:48 pm This list is probably outdated, but there's a good chance @leetic hits the top 15 from this game.
the wall of shame
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 37

Post by DrWilgy »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:55 pm In particular, I thought I was being helpful trying to figure out the pairings but that could've ended up costing the game. I feel like unanticipatable elements like that aren't fun. Still, I think the balance was fair otherwise.
I thought that solving pairings was kinda bad for these reasons. I was mostly afraid of soups, but I lied about the shadow vote to try to keep wolf data/soup data to a minimum.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:55 pm In particular, I thought I was being helpful trying to figure out the pairings but that could've ended up costing the game. I feel like unanticipatable elements like that aren't fun. Still, I think the balance was fair otherwise.
We had the pairings figured out in wolf chat (and in my chat with jack) pretty long ago, there was just nothing indicating on some of them.

The game did have a lot of unanticipatable elements, that was actually our biggest complaint on wolfside as well, more on that later yeah.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Alexy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:43 pm @Ranmilia pyxxy would like you to iso leetic to gather that they are open wolfing

@Jackofhearts2005 per pyxxy you are being blinded by leetic's past play

He also states that Wilgy doesn't care enough about remaining alive to be a wolf.
Lul
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:38 pm @☆Princess Abigail☆ @pyxxy @robyn @Jackofhearts2005 @WindwardAway

As you now know I played this game in a very targeted pockety way... to you fine folks in particular I apologize profusely for any mental distress this has caused. You played well. Do not blame yourselves or feel shame. Ingame is ingame, out of game is out of game, and everything I said about out of game stuff holds true, I wish you all the best and it was a pleasure to get to know you better. If you need to vent or would like to talk to me about anything, I understand and am open for it.
No mental distress inflicted. Well played.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Weird game. Good game. Thanks, Jay.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I mean this wasn’t even really a mafia game so this loss doesn’t count. >:-(
TonyStarkPrime
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:48 pm This list is probably outdated, but there's a good chance @leetic hits the top 15 from this game.
Glad to see the fallout game surviving as top mafia
TonyStarkPrime
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Thanks to my team and especially Ran for the carry, sorry for falling asleep and then getting wagoned
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:59 pm Thanks to my team and especially Ran for the carry, sorry for falling asleep and then getting wagoned
still could not have done it without you <3 so many traps so much synergy
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Bummer. Gg wolves.

Truly a bummer when 2/3 yeets end in wolf deaths and we immediately enter mylo conditions. Having a really weird out of body experience where I can appreciate how hard the wolves worked to get there, and also how utterly devestated I am that it feels as if nothing really mattered on our side.

That being said, I did not have cape in my POE, and that was due to good distancing play between him and Ilario. So at least I can rest assured I probably wouldn’t have gotten there.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

@JaggedJimmyJay Thanks for the signature
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:38 pm @☆Princess Abigail☆ @pyxxy @robyn @Jackofhearts2005 @WindwardAway

Not upset at all <3

You played well and I'm glad to have played with you don't think we've played together before you were a joy being pocketed happens whatever

I got to you and rondo on my btsc with Porscha and even came in to today pushing that but in the end you got me back in your pocket ^^ good game

Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

rooting for leetic to clear the competition

*checks list*

is that.....scum TSP.....top posting..................
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

you were smart to think about the pairs issue, I didn't think about that in my BTSC
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Scotty wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:38 am Bummer. Gg wolves.

Truly a bummer when 2/3 yeets end in wolf deaths and we immediately enter mylo conditions. Having a really weird out of body experience where I can appreciate how hard the wolves worked to get there, and also how utterly devestated I am that it feels as if nothing really mattered on our side.

That being said, I did not have cape in my POE, and that was due to good distancing play between him and Ilario. So at least I can rest assured I probably wouldn’t have gotten there.
we rand town together but we get stuck in different worlds

one day
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Severance [END]

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Sorry pyxxy
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:31 pm To expand on a few obvious questions:

The two extra kills entering the merged thread were granted to the mafia team as a planned mechanic. Merging the threads is, on its own power, a town-sided mechanic (and potentially very town-sided). This was meant to counteract at least these two issues:
1) If town enters the merge with one mafia alive from either or both threads, then the elimination of that mafia member implicitly confirms every other player from that thread as town. That is incredibly powerful.
2) The flat numbers are town-sided in that, essentially, a "new" game begins at the merger with numerous cycles of information already gather prior. This provides the town with a handicap.
The two kills were meant to offset these issues.

Also, this Day Five was a "pseudo-endgame" phase. This is also a planned mechanic based upon the numerical game states in each thread at the time they merge. The Lumon thread town had one miss left before an endgame phase (5v1). The Home thread town had already reached an endgame phase (3v2). The merger was meant to reflect the "average" of those two states, which would be "one half miss left before endgame". Obviously "half of a mischop" is not possible, but a conditional game-ending chop that isn't guaranteed was the best approximation in my view. And thematically, the innie-outie dynamic just made it all fit nicely.

In the end, I am not entirely satisfied by my own balance. This was a weird one, clearly, and if I were to do it all again I'd do some things differently. But all in all, it was a thrill to see the game play out and the effort that both teams put forth to get the win. @Delta was awesome too.
<3

Thanks for hosting JJJ ^^ I had fun even if I was lost with my role x_x only wish I couldve done it true justice

GG to wolves & town alike!
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:20 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:38 am Bummer. Gg wolves.

we rand town together but we get stuck in different worlds

one day
Yo

Lets just start up our own game- just you and me as town against the world

It’ll be lit. We can call it a ‘podcast’ or something illustrious like that
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

Amazingly played Mafia. Town did okay. Proud of me & Jack leading 2 out of the 3 wolf lynches (him with Ilario me with Lime Coke). It was fun.
summer comes, winter goes; spring, I skip... God knows...
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:42 pm Amazingly played Mafia. Town did okay. Proud of me & Jack leading 2 out of the 3 wolf lynches (him with Ilario me with Lime Coke). It was fun.
It was an excellent first game for you, DM. Glad to have you around!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm going to migrate all three threads to the Jobs forum now so we can move these subforums.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

i'm still in [1] terror mode. will probably write a ton on this over the next several days.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Oops, I had meant to unlock the other threads. That's done now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Lime Coke
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

A day late but good fucking job wolf team!

Pretty active bunch and damn near on top of everything so it made wolfing pretty easy.

GGs!
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Also the banner is fucking sweet