Battle of the Bands Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who stays in the competition?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:00 pm

The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays
20%
The Evens - Timothy Wright
10%
Even Rats Go Boom - Can't Stand Tim Either (The Host, the Non, the Dead, the Performers)
70%

Total votes: 10
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 5]

Post by LoRab »

OK, still don’t know what you mean by the second part. I was suspish of Nutella because she seemed bad. I was not suspish of Wilgy because he did not seem suspish. I was correct about both.

What does that have to do with killing high posters? What is the field?
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

the field are the remaining layers, some of whom I think would be relatively more unlikely to kill Wilgy
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:54 pm the field are the remaining layers, some of whom I think would be relatively more unlikely to kill Wilgy
Did you get cursed with not using the letter p?
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 155

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 4]

Post by falcon45ca »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:57 pm i can kinda see pyxxy's world of spf/sheep/lorab hmmmm
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:27 pm I still kinda think the third is lorab, she's had like a weirdly rigid vibe all game and has seemed to be feigning investment in anything since LC flipped

but i could see an argument for like everyone else too lol
nutella wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:04 pm there are some interactions that could pair tsp with her but he feels townie rn and lorab doesn't

Nut was def shading Lorab for quite a bit of the game, I believe there's an earlier post as well
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 3]

Post by falcon45ca »

nutella wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:50 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:48 pm @nutella can I have a full readlist from you? Feel like the day started and you're everywhere.
ok

town:
wilgy
falcon

town but doubting again as of a few minutes ago:
pyxxy

null but eventual entry looks ok:
tsp

handwavey cape read (as usual i townlean him but with a healthy dose of paranoia):
cape

wolf lean:
lorab
sheep

wolf:
spf

OK, not earlier, but it's worth noting that both Sheep & Lorab are in the same wolf lean tier

Nut's TR's are in fact Town, and the 4 players from null - wolves are all still alive
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:00 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:59 pm Given Porscha's flip, I think it looks good for Wilgy as well (assuming cape's Maf)
trace this connection for me?

Interesting
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:12 am
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:57 pm i can kinda see pyxxy's world of spf/sheep/lorab hmmmm
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:27 pm I still kinda think the third is lorab, she's had like a weirdly rigid vibe all game and has seemed to be feigning investment in anything since LC flipped

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:04 pm there are some interactions that could pair tsp with her but he feels townie rn and lorab doesn't

Nut was def shading Lorab for quite a bit of the game, I believe there's an earlier post as well
She has many posts throughout the game where she mentions she thinks I’m bad. I am often suspected and falsely lynched in games and she know that. I think she was attempting to plant bandwagon seeds against me.

I am definitely not her teammate.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:33 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:31 pm Cuz in my mind, if SPF is a wolf, her partner would save Sheep, and vice versa.

All it would've taken is a tie on nut & sheep's song, 1 vote, correct?
This is exactly why there has to be a wolf between them.

It's like Nut/SPF and TSP and Sheep otherwise it doesn't make sense for Sheep to have not had a tie partially keeping them safe.
Hmmmmmmm
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:25 am
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:12 am

She has many posts throughout the game where she mentions she thinks I’m bad. I am often suspected and falsely lynched in games and she know that. I think she was attempting to plant bandwagon seeds against me.

I am definitely not her teammate.

Thoughts on Cape?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: cape] aubergine

@Cape90 Your activity has absolutely fallen off a cliff. Over 120 posts this game, and 3 pages of posting, but it's all early game.

Once town actually started getting on track, you've disappeared.
falcon45ca

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 3]

Post by falcon45ca »

nutella wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:50 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:48 pm @nutella can I have a full readlist from you? Feel like the day started and you're everywhere.
ok

town:
wilgy
falcon

town but doubting again as of a few minutes ago:
pyxxy

null but eventual entry looks ok:
tsp

handwavey cape read (as usual i townlean him but with a healthy dose of paranoia):
cape

wolf lean:
lorab
sheep

wolf:
spf

This reads list is after Cape has given tons of data to work with, like 2/3rds of his posts came before this read list of Nut...and yet he's a handwavey read.
falcon45ca

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Night 4]

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:28 pm Why is TSP not the obvious choice for Nuts partner here?

I feel our solve is in TSP/Cape
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:56 pm nope.

Nutella and TSO is the team if Nutella wolf, so it really shouldn't matter.

@staypositivefriend Thoughts on TSP v Cape?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

LoRab wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:11 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:54 pm the field are the remaining layers, some of whom I think would be relatively more unlikely to kill Wilgy
Did you get cursed with not using the letter p?
that key doesn’t work on my phone sometimes
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:24 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:28 pm Why is TSP not the obvious choice for Nuts partner here?

note specifically how nutella doesn’t pull Lorab into the battle of the bands at the end of D4
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Of course the reality is cape has indeed fallen off a cliff so we can’t really do anything about that
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:07 pm

note specifically how nutella doesn’t pull Lorab into the battle of the bands at the end of D4

Why do you feel you are not compatible as Nut's teammate?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:53 pm
LoRab wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:26 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:06 pm which is somewhat unfortunate but I think it oints towards Lorab more than the typical SbF
Please. Share more about why this incriminates me.
you know Wilgy better than anyone else here, you’d be more inclined to kill high oster Wilgy than the field

Given Wilgy's legacy, you are the most likely to kill Wilgy
LoRab
Loan Shark

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 1]

Post by LoRab »

Cape90 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:26 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:21 pm
Cape90 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:54 pm
Sheep wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:28 pm
Porscha wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:43 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:42 am
Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:57 pm I fear for my life choosing songs tbh. gonna have to like, pick some of the most popular ones of the musicians I like to appeal to the masses here I think lol
Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:04 pm or maybe I go independent. I dunno
Is the simple action of talking about this, providing hint at what you pick? This is the real speculation. (porscha w btw)
no it is showcasing my indecision (wilgy w btw)
i like this post (there's a thunderdome between wilgy & porscha now btw)
are you trying to force a thunderdome...
Cape90 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:54 pm Also if you like both falcon and Porscha, wouldn't you discourage a thunderdome?
Cape90 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:57 pm Wish I could say more about... anyone else but meh

[VOTE: staypositivefriend] aubergine

We need more people to wake up

Why do you follow up this pressure on Sheep w/ a vote for SPF?
[VOTE: Sheep] aubergine

I could, just wanted more people to talk, it's been a while and @staypositivefriend /@LoRab/@pyxxy haven't shown up and given the very stale game state this game has been in, I don't like there being inactive players

Wasn't planning on holding it til the day ends anyways
Huh—this post strangely leaves of TSP in a list of players who haven’t shown up. Which definitely pings my suspiciometer.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:50 pm

Is the simple action of talking about this, providing hint at what you pick? This is the real speculation. (porscha w btw)
Cape90 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:54 pm Also if you like both falcon and Porscha, wouldn't you discourage a thunderdome?
Cape90 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:57 pm Wish I could say more about... anyone else but meh

I could, just wanted more people to talk, it's been a while and @staypositivefriend /@LoRab/@pyxxy haven't shown up and given the very stale game state this game has been in, I don't like there being inactive players

Huh—this post strangely leaves of TSP in a list of players who haven’t shown up. Which definitely pings my suspiciometer.

I feel like Cape is the more likely of the two to be partnered w/ both Nut & Sheep
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

@Cape90 Your absence is glaring
LoRab
Loan Shark

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 2]

Post by LoRab »

Cape90 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:13 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:12 pm quick thought about mechanics: i think the optimal way to play this setup is to treat it like a normal mafia game, and simply do your best to figure out which person u want to vote out picked which song

this incentivizes t he wolfteam to choose songs that would be really hard to identify as coming from them, which is something im keeping in mind
You know, that is the problem I have with the setup though, it encourages play like this instead of what I imagine the intention is which is... you know, an actual fair battle of the bands thing going on, like we aren't incentivized to be honest with our votes when the time comes
This attitude towards the game does not read civ to me. Of course the intention of the game is to get rid of the bad guys, which requires trying to figure out what songs are whose. Stating this theory is also a really easy way for a mafia team to hide behind pretending voting for a song for music’s sake, in order to vote against civ best interest.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Cape90 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:11 pm
LoRab wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:04 pm I'm ok with a TSP Lynch. I just reread his posts, which didn't take long because they are almost all one line, and he doesn't feel civvie to me,

He came in several mafia days into the game, without any explanation, and just stated that he's obviously town--which, well, he isn't. Also, his early posts seem to not actually care about catching up with the game, but was feigning that--perhaps because he was getting a good review in BTSC.

I don't have time to fully think this through right now. But I'll be on tonight.
the fact you are shading him coming in with no explanation is sketchy to me...
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:12 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:29 pm
LoRab wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:04 pm I'm ok with a TSP Lynch. I just reread his posts, which didn't take long because they are almost all one line, and he doesn't feel civvie to me,

He came in several mafia days into the game, without any explanation, and just stated that he's obviously town--which, well, he isn't. Also, his early posts seem to not actually care about catching up with the game, but was feigning that--perhaps because he was getting a good review in BTSC.

I don't have time to fully think this through right now. But I'll be on tonight.
really don't like this post it feels slimey
mindmeld noted
Neither explains why this feels slimey/sketchy.

And, a “mind meld” with someone one has stated repeated suspicion of that person—whom we now know to be bad—doesn’t feel so good to me.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:14 pm

I feel like Cape is the more likely of the two to be partnered w/ both Nut & Sheep
Having now reread all of their posts, I’m definitely seeing this.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:57 pm I fear for my life choosing songs tbh. gonna have to like, pick some of the most popular ones of the musicians I like to appeal to the masses here I think lol
Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:04 pm or maybe I go independent. I dunno

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

So Cape is mindmelding on Nut's sus of Lorab for being OK w/ TSP lynch, despite previously stating he does not like inactive players, all the while becoming one himself as Town solves more Maf
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:37 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:53 pm
LoRab wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:26 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:06 pm which is somewhat unfortunate but I think it oints towards Lorab more than the typical SbF
Please. Share more about why this incriminates me.
you know Wilgy better than anyone else here, you’d be more inclined to kill high oster Wilgy than the field

Given Wilgy's legacy, you are the most likely to kill Wilgy
that's nonsense
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:33 pm

a bunch of reasons. first, nutella pings me or mentions me several times before I show up -- would never do that to a teammate, pretty straightforward. Second, look at the way nutella soft-defends me days 3-4. no depth of read, unwilling to go into it. third, nutella and I, who were both present at the end of day 4, could have coordinated easily either a straightforward dome attempt or pulled someone else in. look at nutella at the end of the day begging me to pull SPF into the fight. That's textbook w/t stuff. fourth, I do not enter the game thread until day 3. if you think it's angleshooting you don't have to use it but like cmon, if nutella is my wolf partner that doesn't happen. Maybe if it's like lorab/sheep that gets by but you really think nutella isn't messaging me and getting me into the game? fifth, I'm obviously not a wolf.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

like call it motivated reasoning but I think nutella's iso is way better for me than anyone else
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

uh maybe spf but I gotta keep that suspicion alive somehow
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:50 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:33 pm

a bunch of reasons. first, nutella pings me or mentions me several times before I show up -- would never do that to a teammate, pretty straightforward. Second, look at the way nutella soft-defends me days 3-4. no depth of read, unwilling to go into it. third, nutella and I, who were both present at the end of day 4, could have coordinated easily either a straightforward dome attempt or pulled someone else in. look at nutella at the end of the day begging me to pull SPF into the fight. That's textbook w/t stuff. fourth, I do not enter the game thread until day 3. if you think it's angleshooting you don't have to use it but like cmon, if nutella is my wolf partner that doesn't happen. Maybe if it's like lorab/sheep that gets by but you really think nutella isn't messaging me and getting me into the game? fifth, I'm obviously not a wolf.
You’ve been saying your obvious civvie since you entered the game. Can you share why?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

yes I did not appear on days 1 or 2
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:59 pm yes I did not appear on days 1 or 2
How is that possibly indicative?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:03 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:59 pm yes I did not appear on days 1 or 2
in a game where you can post at night no less, there's simply no opportunity for me to just miss it. I take wolfing very seriously, I am not missing two days and two nights, especially if I have a team who can force me to remember that there's a game going on. I also take towning somewhat seriously but eh sometimes it slips through the cracks with work and all that.

this is post 14641, perhaps my last quartic number on this site.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

and yeah I think you haven't played with me at least in the last several years and so if you don't feel comfortable making this read then I think you should just refer to nutella's iso and the first three reasons
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:04 pm
in a game where you can post at night no less, there's simply no opportunity for me to just miss it. I take wolfing very seriously, I am not missing two days and two nights, especially if I have a team who can force me to remember that there's a game going on. I also take towning somewhat seriously but eh sometimes it slips through the cracks with work and all that.

I’ve played like maybe 3 games ever where you couldn’t talk at night….so not sure why or how that matters.

Do Nutella or Sheep know how to find you off this site? Maybe you just didn’t realize the game had started. That is weak logic.

And, if following that logic, why would you possibly suspect me? I didn’t show up until day 2.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:10 pm

I’ve played like maybe 3 games ever where you couldn’t talk at night….so not sure why or how that matters.

Do Nutella or Sheep know how to find you off this site? Maybe you just didn’t realize the game had started. That is weak logic.

And, if following that logic, why would you possibly suspect me? I didn’t show up until day 2.
it makes it harder for me to not be able to engage as soon as i enter the thread (it's also pretty uncommon these days for games to be open at night, too many people who post too much and would like more breaks)

nutella and sheep know how to find me off this site but I don't want to go into the mechanics of that because it's gets angleshooty (i mean it kinda already is but only in the way that meta is always a bit angleshooty)

it's because you and I are different people though I'm feeling better every second about you slash worse about cape who has literally disappeared
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

like this isn't a general "oh they didn't show up until day 3 they're probably town" it's a very specific "oh tsp didn't show up until day 3 he's probably town"
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:59 pm

it makes it harder for me to not be able to engage as soon as i enter the thread (it's also pretty uncommon these days for games to be open at night, too many people who post too much and would like more breaks)

nutella and sheep know how to find me off this site but I don't want to go into the mechanics of that because it's gets angleshooty (i mean it kinda already is but only in the way that meta is always a bit angleshooty)

it's because you and I are different people though I'm feeling better every second about you slash worse about cape who has literally disappeared
Thank you. That all makes a ton of sense, and has made me feel a lot better about you.

Going to switch to Cape for now…but will switch for the sake of self preservation if needed.

[VOTE: Cape] aubergine
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Cape90 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:54 pm Porscha
DrWilgy

SPF
falcon45ca

Long Con

TSP (0 poster)

Sheep
LoRab

nutella
flipside...
really?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

you're in good shape on day 2 and you say that?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

vote: falcon
Cape90
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by Cape90 »

Had stuff come up today and I am free now, just like the next mafia ;)
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:51 pm like call it motivated reasoning but I think nutella's iso is way better for me than anyone else
in terrms of this what are you talking about?
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

I still don't find any of this particularly alignment indicitive like you keep insisting it is
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Guess I just forgot
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:43 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:59 pm

Thank you. That all makes a ton of sense, and has made me feel a lot better about you.

Going to switch to Cape for now…but will switch for the sake of self preservation if needed.

[VOTE: Cape] aubergine
This sentence really confuses me, like I am the most popular vote right now

*blinks
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

i am also present right now and doing some reading and some thinking. will post thoughts in a bit.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:18 pm
Cape90 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:13 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:12 pm quick thought about mechanics: i think the optimal way to play this setup is to treat it like a normal mafia game, and simply do your best to figure out which person u want to vote out picked which song

this incentivizes t he wolfteam to choose songs that would be really hard to identify as coming from them, which is something im keeping in mind
You know, that is the problem I have with the setup though, it encourages play like this instead of what I imagine the intention is which is... you know, an actual fair battle of the bands thing going on, like we aren't incentivized to be honest with our votes when the time comes
This attitude towards the game does not read civ to me. Of course the intention of the game is to get rid of the bad guys, which requires trying to figure out what songs are whose. Stating this theory is also a really easy way for a mafia team to hide behind pretending voting for a song for music’s sake, in order to vote against civ best interest.
The more I think about it, the less sure I know what the point of this game really is tbh, because it's basically played like a straighter game of mafia then i imagined in my head when i signed up tbh

Return to “Previous Jobs”